Thursday, May 30, 2013

Yet here's a spot.




JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 14:28:21 -0800 (PST)

From: "Kerry Burgess"

Subject: Sleep journal 3/19/06

To: "Kerry Burgess"


Today the first foreign dream wasn't too clear either. It had something to do with me, someother characters, and something about the stars. We were under the stars, or we were talking to the stars. I can visualize the sky with the stars but they may have also been a metaphor for people. Then I left somewhere and there was something about a goose, not sure what that meant, maybe something to do with staying meant something about a cooked goose.

The second foreign dream had a lot of detail. I was sitting on a bus with someone that I knew but I don't know who it was. It may have been Britney Spears but that makes no sense. I was sitting next to her and she was someone that I had lived with before, someone I had a relationship with, like a girlfriend. I was getting off the bus to a place I was staying that I don't recognize from anyplace I've been in real life. She asked me if I was really staying there, she may have commented that it was amazing I was staying there, or someone else said that. Apparently, it was the same place she and I had lived during our relationship. It was some kind of little travel trailer. A young woman was letting me stay there. I was taking up a little open seat or bench in a hallway of the trailer. I had a little storage bin to put my stuff in.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 19 March 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 05/13/08 3:15 PM
I had a dream similar to this one just before I woke up earlier. I can still visualize both of them and the only real similarity was that I found myself falling off a bridge towards the water below and that part about the roll, which reminds me of the space shuttle launching.

In the dream earlier, I seemed to have started by climbing onto a bridge, which I don't recognize, that later began to disintegrate for some reason that was not apparent in the dream. There are other details before that scene that I do not now remember. Then I was falling feet first to the water and I noted how green was the water. I had a tremendous amount of time to think as I was very high above the water and I was timing my breathing so that I would take a large breath just before I hit the water, in hopes of making it back up to the surface. I was also thinking of how I was going to pull my legs up to my chest after I went below the surface in hopes of slowing my descent through the water and so that I could return faster to the surface. I was also thinking of how I would point my feet down to the water so that the impact would not break my feet and ankles. In the dream I saw myself just about to impact the water surface and I can visualize to some extent the details about the water surface, which meant I was very close to it. I might also remember that scene because I was dreading hitting the water. The next part I remember is that I found myself on the bottom of the river and there was a lot of sediment around me and then I was trying to swim back up to the surface. I found myself thinking that the exertion of trying to swim was causing me to use more oxygen and I was not certain I was going to make it. I had no idea how far below the surface I was but I have been thinking since I woke up that I was probably more than 100 feet below the surface. I could see light above me, and it had been bright daylight when I was falling from the bridge, but the water around me was still dark as I was looking up towards the lighter section of water.

The notion I have pondered over the most since waking up is that the dream might actually be some kind of representation about the comet I diverted in 1976. The detail about finding myself on the river bed with the sediment around me actual represents that the comet would have blasted through the atmosphere in a matter of seconds and then hit the ocean floor, which would have then blasted all that material into the Earth's atmosphere and produced a blanket covering the Earth.




JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 11/30/07 6:05 AM

I had an odd dream, last night I think, that I associate with that programmed roll the space shuttle stack makes just after lift off.

In the dream, though, I had jumped off a bridge and the water was a very long ways down. I was absolutely certain I would survive the fall though and I was thinking to myself that I needed to take a large gulp of air just before I hit the surface because I was going to go far below the surface. But I was also preparing myself to pull my legs up to my chest after I went under the surface so that I would not go as far below the surface than if my body remained in a shape similar to an arrow. There was also something about someone waterskiing nearby behind a jet ski. It seemed that water skiier said something to me but I don't know how that was possible because he was so far off.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 13 May 2008 excerpt ends]










Space: Above And Beyond

Ray Butts

22 October 1995

Episode 5 DVD:

00:07:52


Vansen: Maybe, it's just, you know, no one is born that mean. They either put it on for effect, or something happened - something turned them that mean. They can never go back. The worst part is... they know it.


00:08:20

Television recording: "My name's MacBeth... The devil himself could not pronounce a title more hateful to mine ear... No, nor more fearful."

Paul Wang: Isn't this great? I requested it at the beginning of our tour. Took three months to get it.

Television recording: "...prove the lie thou speak'st."

Cooper Hawkes: I don't know what this guy's saying, but he means it.

Paul Wang: Come on! Damned Armed Forces censors. We can kill Chigs, we can earn medals, but we can't watch a fight on TV?

Cooper Hawkes: Popped the V-chip.

Paul Wang: Come on. Just in time. Hey, you idiot, what the hell do you think you're doing?

Raymond Thomas Butts: I saw what you maggots did. Brass says you're not supposed to see this crap.

Paul Wang: May I speak freely, Colonel?

Raymond Thomas Butts: Speak.

Paul Wang: You don't care if we see this. You're just messing with our heads. And being at war, this could be the last time I hear Shakespeare and you took that from me. And if you weren't wearing those oak leaves, *sir* I'd be kicking your ass up between your shoulder blades.

Raymond Thomas Butts: I'll tell you what. I'll drop these oak leaves for just 10 seconds because that's all it'll take to pound some respect into you.










http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/pinkfloyd/twosunsinthesunset.html

PINK FLOYD


"Two Suns In The Sunset"

in my rear view mirror the sun is going down
sinking behind bridges in the road
and i think of all the good things
that we have left undone
and i suffer premonitions
confirm suspicions
of the holocaust to come
the rusty wire that holds the cork
that keeps the anger in
gives way
and suddenly it's day again
the sun is in the east
even though the day is done
two suns in the sunset
could be the human race is run
like the moment when your brakes lock
and you slide toward the big truck
and stretch the frozen moments with your fear
and you'll never hear their voices
and you'll never see their faces
you have no recourse to the law anymore










http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/SGU_1.02_%22Air_Part_2%22_Transcript


STARGATE WIKI


SGU 1.02 "Air Part 2"


SCOTT
You're, uh, you're James, right?

JAMES
(deadpan)
Yes, Lieutenant.

SCOTT
You and Riley are with me.

GREER
(snickering)
Subtle, man. Subtle.










http://www.online-literature.com/shakespeare/macbeth/3/


THE LITERATURE NETWORK


William Shakespeare

Macbeth


Act 1. Scene II


SCENE II. A camp near Forres.
Alarum within. Enter DUNCAN, MALCOLM, DONALBAIN, LENNOX, with Attendants, meeting a bleeding Sergeant

DUNCAN
What bloody man is that? He can report,
As seemeth by his plight, of the revolt
The newest state.

MALCOLM
This is the sergeant
Who like a good and hardy soldier fought
'Gainst my captivity. Hail, brave friend!
Say to the king the knowledge of the broil
As thou didst leave it.

Sergeant
Doubtful it stood;
As two spent swimmers, that do cling together
And choke their art.










http://www.online-literature.com/shakespeare/macbeth/10/


THE LITERATURE NETWORK


William Shakespeare

Macbeth


Act 2. Scene II


MACBETH
One cried 'God bless us!' and 'Amen' the other;
As they had seen me with these hangman's hands.
Listening their fear, I could not say 'Amen,'
When they did say 'God bless us!'

LADY MACBETH
Consider it not so deeply.

MACBETH
But wherefore could not I pronounce 'Amen'?
I had most need of blessing, and 'Amen'
Stuck in my throat.

LADY MACBETH
These deeds must not be thought
After these ways; so, it will make us mad.

MACBETH
Methought I heard a voice cry 'Sleep no more!
Macbeth does murder sleep', the innocent sleep,
Sleep that knits up the ravell'd sleeve of care,
The death of each day's life, sore labour's bath,
Balm of hurt minds, great nature's second course,
Chief nourisher in life's feast,--

LADY MACBETH
What do you mean?

MACBETH
Still it cried 'Sleep no more!' to all the house:
'Glamis hath murder'd sleep, and therefore Cawdor
Shall sleep no more; Macbeth shall sleep no more.'

LADY MACBETH
Who was it that thus cried? Why, worthy thane,
You do unbend your noble strength, to think
So brainsickly of things. Go get some water,
And wash this filthy witness from your hand.
Why did you bring these daggers from the place?
They must lie there: go carry them; and smear
The sleepy grooms with blood.

MACBETH
I'll go no more:
I am afraid to think what I have done;
Look on't again I dare not.

LADY MACBETH
Infirm of purpose!
Give me the daggers: the sleeping and the dead
Are but as pictures: 'tis the eye of childhood
That fears a painted devil. If he do bleed,
I'll gild the faces of the grooms withal;
For it must seem their guilt.

Exit. Knocking within

MACBETH
Whence is that knocking?
How is't with me, when every noise appals me?
What hands are here? ha! they pluck out mine eyes.
Will all great Neptune's ocean wash this blood
Clean from my hand? No, this my hand will rather
The multitudinous seas in incarnadine,
Making the green one red.

Re-enter LADY MACBETH

LADY MACBETH
My hands are of your colour; but I shame
To wear a heart so white.










http://www.oocities.org/elzj78/bsgminiseries.html


BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: Miniseries (2003)


Baltar: Your mission? What mission?

Six: You knew I wanted access to the defense mainframe.

Baltar: (stunned) Def- Wait a minute, the defense mainframe? What exactly are you saying?

Six: Come on, Gaius. The communications frequencies, deployment schedules, unlimited access to every database.

Baltar: Oh my god.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 12:40 PM Pacific Time Seattle USA Thursday 30 May 2013