Sunday, May 05, 2013

Wingfoot. Well, that makes sense.




Today I had the idea to look up that apartment place I recall living at in Memphis Tennessee. This is the first time I have thought to do that.

I transferred there from Greenville South Carolina. I was working most of the time on the computer system in a major hospital there in Memphis. I remember one day one of the automatic hospital doors, in the emergency room I think it was, hit me in the face. A woman, a medical profession worker, doctor or nurse or something, asked me if I was all right.

I keep thinking that my memory is some how distorted. The term 'distorted' isn't precisely what I am looking for. There is something wrong about the context. There is truth to my memory but it represents a different kind of truth.

Conversely, my memories are as accurate as is physically possible with my personal biological human brain. The problem is that some time in 1990 I was required to take a certain kind of medication. The medication causes my memories to become unavailable to conscious awareness if I am not consuming that medication. The memories I have of 1992, for instance, represent a process of creating accessible memories for this current time period.

Since the medication blocks memories from forming unless that medication is being actively consumed then there would be periods of time when I stopped consuming the medication for a short duration so that regular memories would form. Those are the memories I have now. I would only have to do that for several times per year in order to create a working memory. The alternative would be that I would have no memory unless I was consuming the medication.

I can get all those memories back but I have to take the same medication I was taking when those other memories formed.

Otherwise, all those memories just seem to be shadows in my mind, the "bitter residue," as they said.

So anyway, the notion that got me started on this note periodically while watching television for a short while was when I decided to review that apartment place I remember living at in Memphis Tennessee. I was only there for about six weeks as I best recall. I was just thinking about it the other day.

I was thinking the other day about sitting there in that apartment and playing "Leisure Suit Larry" on my personal computer. I remember that my apartment looked out over the golf course. The apartment was smaller than the duplex house I had been living in back in Greenville South Carolina but it had a really neat sunroom I liked. I remember I lived there when I traded in that red 1990 Mazda RX-7 for a brand new 1992 Plymouth Laser car. I referred to that Plymouth many times before as the Plymouth Voyager but that was incorrect. I had the Plymouth Laser car. The car was dark burgundy color.

That sunroom is what I recognized in the floorplans of the website for that apartment complex Lincoln on the Green at Southwind in Memphis Tennesse.

I certainly do not recall now if back in 1992 they were calling that floorplan the Wingfoot. That is what is listed now on their website. I reviewed today each one bedroom floorplan and the only possible floorplan that I could have rented there is the same as I recall now with the Wingfoot floorplan.





http://www.lincolnonthegreen.com/Wingfoot.aspx


Lincoln on the Green at Southwind


Wingfoot


Model Specs

790 square feet

1 Bedroom/ 1 Bath










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: ----- Original Message ----

From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2006 11:07:34 AM

Subject: Re: Star Trek: TNG: Conundrum, Feb. 17, 1992


Kerry Burgess wrote:
Kieran McDuff

fake cdr unifm
fake cmdr unif


Kerry Burgess wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conundrum_%28TNG_episode%29

"Conundrum" is the title of a Star Trek: The Next Generation episode, from the fifth season. Its production number is 214, and it first aired on 17 February 1992.

"The crew attempt to discover their identities in "Conundrum".


[This episode has always stood out for me. I'm not sure why. I think it was the first episode I had actually watched of this series. That is why is was so interesting.....because I didn't know the impostor was really an impostor because I hadn't watched the series. But I remember feeling suspicious about him. I think I saw it right after I moved to Memphis. I remember moving in to my apartment and TNG was the first thing I watched on tv. I remember it because I was surprised that the cable was already turned on.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 18 May 2006 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: July 24, 2006


In 1982, The Open Championship was at Royal Troon. Troon is a street intersecting with a street I lived on, symbolically, in Memphis sometime in 1992. That was at Lincoln On The Green in Germantown. I lived on Greenside Drive, overlooking the 9th hole and which intersected with Championship Drive and Troon Drive. Eagle Drive ran parallel with Greenside Drive. Nearby was the major thoroughfare, Winchester Road. I was watching for Micheal Jordan to play through there one time, I think it was the St. Jude's tournament, but I didn't see him.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 24 July 2006 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: July 29, 2006


I wrote about March 24th earlier. I remember March 24, back in 1990, was the day I started work for Ketterman's in the Greenville office. Ketterman's was later bought by a company named Information Systems Analysts with my division being something like Information Systems Services, which made it ISA-ISS. The company owner met with us in Greenville, when he bought the company, sometime in 1992, shortly before I transfered with them to Memphis. ISA was based in Alexandria, VA, and the owner was a former U.S. Navy officer. Anyway, I remember March 24th as being the first day at work for Ketterman's and having to go out on a service call and I had to search for the bank because I had just moved to that town and I wasn't really even sure how to get back to my apartment after I got off work that day.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 29 July 2006 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: August 17, 2006


This piques my curiousity. Germantown is that name of the town I lived in outside Memphis. That would have been in 1992, probably the summer. I didn't live there for more than probably 3 months before I moved back to SC. That was where my apartment at Lincoln On The Green was located. I had a neat little apartment overlooking the 9th hole on that golf course. The intersecting street in named Troon. I was writing a few weeks ago that I remember watching Star Trek: TNG for the first time in that apartment just after I moved in. There seems to be a conflict there in that memory though. I have been thinking that the first episode I saw was where that impostor showed up on the bridge after they lost all the memories. I thought I watched that episode in my house in Country Club Estates in SC.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 17 August 2006 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 10/17/2006 10:16 PM
Could this be why I have the Lincoln On The Green “memory” from Memphis?:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincoln_College%2C_Oxford

Lincoln College (in full: The College of the Blessed Mary and All Saints, Lincoln) is one of the constituent colleges of the University of Oxford in the United Kingdom. It is situated in the very centre of Oxford, lying on Turl Street next to Exeter and backing onto Brasenose.




Goddamnit my head has been killing me all day and it just seems to be getting worse.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 17 October 2007 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 03/16/07 4:19 PM
After leaving Lincoln On The Green at Championship and Troon, I moved to Central. Then I moved to Greer.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 16 March 2007 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 10/27/07 2:19 PM
Thinking of that time in Memphis, TN, makes me feel incredibly lonely for Phoebe. But then what doesn't.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 27 October 2007 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 10/10/07 3:04 AM
I think we did this just so Phoebe and I would have wedding photos. There were certain conditions associated with my family that needed to be met before our friends and family could recognize that Phoebe and I were married, or at least, for a larger group of family and friends to know that she and I were married. Something like that. Something about ensuring she and I were committed to each other.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 10 October 2007 excerpt ends]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105698/quotes

IMDb


Memorable quotes for

Universal Soldier (1992)


Veronica: All right look. Do you have a family, a friend? Is there a Misses Fourty-Four waiting for you some place?










http://www.friendscafe.org/scripts/s2/212.php


FRIENDS CAFE


The One After the Superbowl


MONICA: Jean-Claude Van Damme. I didn't know he was in this movie, he is so hot.

RACHEL: Ya think?

MONICA: The muscles from Brussels, wham bam Van Damme, did you see Time Cop?

RACHEL: No, was he any good in it?

MONICA: Rachel, he like, totally changed time.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 08/27/07 8:58 AM
Thoughts have occurred to me that regaining my true memories will actually not be such a big deal. At some point, perhaps after I wake up one morning in the future, simply begin to remember everything as the day goes by. I will probably find myself laughing because I didn't see it all for so long and that it was all so simple to remember.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 08/27/07 9:03 AM
I can believe it will happen that way, too, because I have seen so much other stuff the same way.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 08/27/07 9:13 AM
Until I do begin to remember it all, I wish I could remember, at least, just one day Phoebe and I were together. If I can't remember it all yet, I wish I could remember one day we were together. I would like to remember hearing and seeing her talking to me. That has happened before in the rare dream I remember, but I wish I had a conventional memory of her talking to me.

I have the sense that we are very good friends too, as well as having a great marriage, which is probably why we have a great marriage.

But 'friend' isn't really the word I would use here because we have been so much more than friends for so long. I chose it at first, I guess, because I think of how Tracie and I weren't really.....something.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 27 August 2007 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 05/01/07 7:27 PM
My co-worker, Frank, from the office at First Federal came over to help me move all my stuff into the truck. I got the largest truck they had and it was well too large for all my stuff. At one point as I was driving down the interstate, a truck driver pulled up beside me, honked his horn, and pointed to the back of my truck. I didn't know what he was talking about and I didn't stop. Then the trucker behind him did the same thing as he passed, so I stopped on the interstate and went back to see what they were talking about. At some point earlier, the brakes had locked up on the full trailer that I was towing my 1990 red Mazda RX-7 on and there was a lot of smoke coming from it.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 01 May 2007 excerpt ends]





http://www.orbital.com/SpaceLaunch/L1011/index.shtml

Orbital

L-1011 Launch & Research Platform

"Stargazer" L-1011 Carrier Aircraft

Airborne Launch and Research Platform

"Stargazer" is an L-1011 commercial transport aircraft modified to serve as the launch platform for Orbital’s air-launched Pegasus rocket as well as a platform for airborne research projects.





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_L-1011_TriStar

Lockheed L-1011 TriStar

The Lockheed L-1011 TriStar, commonly referred to as just L-1011 (pronounced "ell-ten-eleven") or TriStar, is a medium-to-long range, widebody passenger trijet airliner. It was the third widebody airliner to enter commercial operations


The design featured a twin-aisle interior with a maximum of 400 passengers










http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/pinkfloyd/agreatdayforfreedom.html


PINK FLOYD


"A Great Day For Freedom"

On the day the wall came down
They threw the locks onto the ground
And with glasses high we raised a cry for freedom had arrived
On the day the wall came down
The Ship of Fools had finally ran aground
Promises lit up the night like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side
No warmth, not even pride remained
And even though you needed me
It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day
As friends and neighbors turn away
And there's a change that, even with regret, cannot be undone
Now frontiers shift like desert sands
While nations wash their bloodied hands
Of loyalty, of history, in shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums
The music played, the morning sun streamed in
I turned and I looked at you
And all but the bitter residues slipped away...slipped away










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099892/quotes

IMDb


Memorable quotes for

Joe Versus the Volcano (1990)


Patricia: That outfit's wearing you, Felix.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 9:13 PM Pacific Time Seattle USA Sunday 05 May 2013