Thursday, March 12, 2015

The Americans (2013)




JOURNAL ARCHIVE: posted by H.V.O.M at 10:02 PM Saturday, September 03, 2005

Everybody Was Kai-Fu Fightin'

This article leads me to believe that Ballmer isn't the jolly, diplomatic leader that I assume his image consultants want him to be.


Excerpt:

The details about Ballmer were in a declaration by former Distinguished Engineer Marc Lucovsky, who in November 2004 told Ballmer he was leaving for Google. Lucovsky said Ballmer threw a chair across his office and cussed out Google Chief Executive Eric Schmidt, saying, "I'm going to ... bury that guy, I have done it before, and I will do it again. I'm going ... to kill Google."


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 03 September 2005 excerpt ends]










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=the-americans-2013&episode=s01e01

Springfield! Springfield!


The Americans

Pilot


Cryin' on the corner, waitin' in the rain I swear I'll never, ever wait again you gave me your word but words for you are lies darlin' Seriously? The president? At this level, there aren't that many people he can trust.
How do I know you're not making all this up? my heart I'm gonna swallow my tears I'm gonna turn and leave you here Oh, my God.
All of my life I've been waitin' in the rain So handsome.
The things I'm telling you You don't joke around about.
It could be dangerous.
Dangerous.
Mm.
I'm gonna harden my heart I'm gonna swallow my tears You know, most people They get into their warm beds at night.
They have no idea what really goes on out there.
The sheer number of people working to destroy our way of life.
You you know why I've dedicated my life to stopping them? Why? Because Because You ready for this? Oh.
Oh.
I don't know.
Think about something else.
Take deep breaths.
It's just They used to tell stories about this guy, you know? He killed a lot of people.
You know how guys like him kill people? They plan it for weeks, and they always come up from behind.
Fighting face-to-face, that's a different story.
I heard once he got in a bar fight with the entire Japanese olympic judo team.
Took out four of 'em before the rest of 'em ran.










http://www.tv.com/shows/the-americans-2013/walter-taffet-3068506/

tv.com


The Americans Season 3 Episode 7

Walter Taffet

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Mar 11, 2015 on FX

AIRED: 3/11/15



http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=the-americans-2013&episode=s03e07

Springfield! Springfield!


The Americans

Walter Taffet


Well, I think that's enough for now.
Why don't you two go back to your desks, and I'll, uh let you know.










From 3/16/1991 ( my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate Columbia South Carolina ) To 1/30/2013 is 7991 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 9/19/1987 ( premiere US TV series "Once a Hero" ) is 7991 days



From 12/20/1994 ( in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my United States Navy Cross medal date of record ) To 1/30/2013 is 6616 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 12/14/1983 ( premiere US film "Silkwood" ) is 6616 days



From 9/22/1947 ( the Communist Information Bureau founded ) To 12/20/1994 ( in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my United States Navy Cross medal date of record ) is 17256 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/30/2013 is 17256 days



From 11/22/1946 ( premiere US film "Dick Tracy vs. Cueball" ) To 1/30/2013 is 24176 days

24176 = 12088 + 12088

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 12/7/1998 ( my first day working at Microsoft Corporation as the known official Chief Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and the active duty United States Marine Corps lieutenant colonel circa 1998 ) is 12088 days



From 12/7/1998 ( my first day working at Microsoft Corporation as the known official Chief Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and the active duty United States Marine Corps lieutenant colonel circa 1998 ) To 1/30/2013 is 5168 days

5168 = 2584 + 2584

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 11/29/1972 ( the debut of Atari "Pong" ) is 2584 days



From 9/1/1962 ( John Kennedy - Letter to Senate and House Minority Leaders on U.S. Information Activities Relating to Berlin ) To 1/30/2013 is 18414 days

18414 = 9207 + 9207

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/17/1991 ( the date of record of my United States Navy Medal of Honor as Kerry Wayne Burgess chief warrant officer United States Marine Corps circa 1991 also known as Matthew Kline for official duty and also known as Wayne Newman for official duty ) is 9207 days



From 9/1/1962 ( John Kennedy - Letter to Senate and House Minority Leaders on U.S. Information Activities Relating to Berlin ) To 1/30/2013 is 18414 days

18414 = 9207 + 9207

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/17/1991 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - the Persian Gulf War begins as scheduled severe criminal activity against the United States of America ) is 9207 days



From 9/26/1944 ( Operation Market Garden fails ) To 12/25/1991 ( as United States Marine Corps chief warrant officer Kerry Wayne Burgess I was prisoner of war in Croatia ) is 17256 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/30/2013 is 17256 days



From 11/9/1993 ( the Stari Most in Mostar Bosnia-Herzegovina destroyed by artillery fire ) To 1/30/2013 is 7022 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/23/1985 ( premiere US TV series "Thundercats" ) is 7022 days



From 7/19/1981 ( The Farewell Dossier ) To 1/30/2013 is 11518 days

11518 = 5759 + 5759

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/9/1981 ( Li Jia Wei ) is 5759 days



From 10/1/1973 ( Richard Nixon - Statement on Signing the Domestic Volunteer Service Act of 1973 ) To 1/30/2013 is 14366 days

14366 = 7183 + 7183

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 7/3/1985 ( premiere US film "Back to the Future" ) is 7183 days





http://www.tv.com/shows/the-americans-2013/pilot-2620897/

tv.com


The Americans Season 1 Episode 1

Pilot

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Jan 30, 2013 on FX

AIRED: 1/30/13










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088763/releaseinfo

IMDb


Back to the Future (1985)

Release Info

USA 3 July 1985










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088763/quotes

IMDb


Back to the Future (1985)

Quotes


Dr. Emmett Brown: If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088763/quotes

IMDb


Back to the Future (1985)

Quotes


Dr. Emmett Brown: Hey, hey, hey! Keep rolling. Keep rolling there.

[Marty raises the camcorder]

Dr. Emmett Brown: No, no, no, no, no, this sucker's electrical, but I need a nuclear reaction to generate the 1.21 gigawatts of electricity I need.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088763/quotes

IMDb


Back to the Future (1985)

Quotes


Dr. Emmett Brown: Marty, I'm sorry, but the only power source capable of generating 1.21 gigawatts of electricity is a bolt of lightning.

Marty McFly: What did you say?










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088763/quotes

IMDb


Back to the Future (1985)

Quotes


Dr. Emmett Brown: [holding Marty's video camera] No wonder your president has to be an actor. He's gotta look good on television.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088763/quotes

IMDb


Back to the Future (1985)

Quotes


Dr. Emmett Brown: Are those my clocks I hear?










http://web.archive.org/web/20080812051948/http://results.beijing2008.cn/WRM/ENG/BIO/Athlete/8/241548.shtml

INTERNET ARCHIVE

WayBackMachine


Beijeng 2008

COMPETITION INFORMATION


Athlete Biography

LI Jia Wei

SIN - Singapore


Date of Birth: Aug 9 1981










http://www.nytimes.com/2004/02/02/opinion/the-farewell-dossier.html

The New York Times


The Farewell Dossier

By WILLIAM SAFIRE

Published: February 2, 2004

Intelligence shortcomings, as we see, have a thousand fathers


President François Mitterrand of France also opposed the gas pipeline. He took President Reagan aside at a conference in Ottawa on July 19, 1981, to reveal that France had recruited a key K.G.B. officer in Moscow Center.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086312/releaseinfo

IMDb


Silkwood (1983)

Release Info

USA 14 December 1983 (limited)










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=the-americans-2013&episode=s01e01

Springfield! Springfield!


The Americans

Pilot


How have you been, Martha? Fine, Clark.
Would you like to come in? So, referencing our meeting this evening obviously, you understand it's been classified top secret by the the internal affairs division of the committee to oversee United States counterintelligence agencies.
Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, et cetera, et cetera? I do.
Great.
So, big day at FBI counterintelligence? Yes, it was.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0038478/releaseinfo

IMDb


Dick Tracy vs. Cueball (1946)

Release Info

USA 22 November 1946 (New York City, New York)










http://www.tv.com/shows/once-a-hero/believers-286596/

tv.com


Once a Hero Season 1 Episode 1

Believers

Aired Saturday 8:00 PM Sep 19, 1987 on ABC

AIRED: 9/19/87










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 4:55 AM Monday, January 10, 2011


Imaginary unit.





I did this. I did this back in 2004 when I lived in that apartment in Kent. I wrote a program in C# that this reminds me of. I "remember" the imaginary unit from college level algebra classes, in the context of my artificial memory, but I didn't think of that when I wrote that program. I was feeling quite pleased with myself after I wrote that program, although I didn't, of course, associate that program I wrote with time travel or faster than light travel.

I saw something later in a "The Simpsons" episode that made me think of that program I wrote and that specific mathematical function I created and that made me think that my legal team had gained evidence that Microsoft, and specifically Bill Gates, had stolen that code from my private computer and there was evidence they had been discussing it and with the intent to steal my private property.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tachyon

Tachyon

A tachyon (takhus, "swift" + English: -on "elementary particle") is a hypothetical subatomic particle that moves faster than light. In the language of special relativity, a tachyon is a particle with space-like four-momentum and imaginary proper time. A tachyon is constrained to the space-like portion of the energy-momentum graph. Therefore, it cannot slow down to subluminal speeds.





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imaginary_number

Imaginary number

An imaginary number is a square root of a nonpositive real number.


the imaginary unit, defined as the square root of -1.





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proper_time

Proper time

In relativity, proper time is time measured by a single clock between events that occur at the same place as the clock. It depends not only on the events but also on the motion of the clock between the events. An accelerated clock will measure a proper time between two events that is shorter than the coordinate time measured by a non-accelerated (inertial) clock between the same events.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 10 January 2011 excerpt ends]










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=8844

The American Presidency Project

John F. Kennedy

XXXV President of the United States: 1961 - 1963

357 - Letter to Senate and House Minority Leaders on U.S. Information Activities Relating to Berlin.

September 1, 1962

Gentlemen:

I fully appreciate the concern expressed in your letter of August 31st about the Berlin wall. There can be no disagreement among Americans, nor among free men anywhere else about the meaning of that wall. Your own strong feelings are shared by me, by my Administration, and by governments and peoples in every continent.

Your specific suggestions are constructive, and I ask that any which have not been acted upon be examined afresh. I am attaching a memorandum on steps which have been taken this past year to insure world-wide understanding of the issues involved. I am sure you will agree that it shows an energetic effort and a gratifying response.

If, after studying this memorandum, you have further suggestions to make, I would be glad to have them. It is important to peace and to the freedom of the brave people of West Berlin that it be understood in every capital that on this matter we, as a Nation, are united in our determination.

Sincerely yours,

JOHN F. KENNEDY










http://www.atari.com/history/arcadecoin-op

ATARI


ATARI HISTORY


November 29, 1972

Atari Pong would be a smash hit and Nolan knew it. Nolan being the superb salesman that he is, convinced Midway that Nutting didn't want it, and told Nutting that Midway didn't want it either, so Bushnell took the $500 in royalties he'd made off of Computer Space and set Al Alcorn to work on designing a simple game of TV tennis. He and partner Ted Dabney started Atari. Needless to say, Pong was a monster and before it could be patented, every company copied it, including Allied Leisure where Gene Lipkin was working at the time. "Nolan would roll over fresh if he hears this," says Lipkin, "but our Paddle Battle was a better game." Even Nutting Associates got into the Pong game with their own version called Space Pong. Pong would see many different cabinet versions from cocktail tables to dog houses to even Pong's in wooden barrels! Unfortunately Pong attracted so much attention, a certain company by the name of Magnavox took notice and for good reason, months earlier they demonstrated a home TV video game called Odyssey and Atari's new Pong game was strikingly similar, too much so. So after a little checking by Magnavox lawyers, sure enough, on the Magnavox guest book for the demonstration was the signature of none other then Nolan Bushnell himself. Magnavox sued Atari, Bushnell & Atari agreed to a license under the Sanders/Magnavox patents for which Atari paid a fixed sum as a paid-up license in June of 1976 for domestic games. In later years Atari paid much more for foreign rights. All in all, the settlement was certainly in Atari's favor due to its huge success with Pong and its many variations and flavors.



http://www.pcworld.com/article/2017475/atari-celebrates-pongs-40th-anniversary-with-an-ios-app.html

PCWorld


Atari celebrates Pong's 40th anniversary with an iOS app

Caitlin McGarry

@Caitlin_McGarry Nov 30, 2012 7:53 AM

Caitlin McGarry

It wasn’t the most sophisticated game, especially compared to the graphic-intensive masterpieces being played on consoles today, but millions of old-school gamers still have a soft spot for table tennis classic Pong. Fans of the hit video game celebrated its 40th anniversary on Thursday.

Pong was the first successful video game to market. Developed by engineer Allan Alcorn and introduced to the world by Atari founder Nolan Bushnell, the game proved to be so popular that it allegedly jammed up within days of being installed at Andy Capp’s Tavern in Sunnyvale, California—too many quarters, the manager said.

The game was officially released November 29, 1972



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 12:24 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Thursday 12 March 2015