Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Provo




http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9D0DE1DB1E3CF934A3575BC0A9679C8B63

Technology Briefing | Internet: Google Names New Chief

By LAURIE J. FLYNN (NYT) (COMPILED BY GARY BRADFORD)

Published: August 7, 2001

The privately held Internet search engine company Google Inc. announced yesterday that Eric E. Schmidt, its chairman, had been named chief executive, succeeding Larry Page, the company co-founder. Mr. Schmidt, who was appointed chairman of Google's board in March, was previously chairman and chief executive officer of Novell Inc.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NetWare


NetWare

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

NetWare is a computer network operating system developed by Novell, Inc. It initially used cooperative multitasking to run various services on a personal computer, using the IPX network protocol.

The original NetWare product in 1983 supported clients running both CP/M and MS-DOS, ran over a proprietary star network topology and was based on a Novell-built file server using the Motorola 68000 processor, but the company soon moved away from building its own hardware, and NetWare became hardware-independent, running on any suitable Intel-based IBM PC compatible system, and a wide range of network cards. From the beginning NetWare implemented a number of features inspired by mainframe and minicomputer systems that were not available in its competitors.


In 1993 the main product line took a dramatic turn when Version 4 introduced NetWare Directory Services (NDS), a global directory service similar to Microsoft's Active Directory released seven years later.










http://blog.seattlepi.com/techchron/2015/03/17/eric-schmidt-criticized-for-interruptions-during-sxsw-panel/

seattle pi - Seattle Post-Intelligencer


Eric Schmidt criticized for interrupting fellow panelist at SXSW

Posted on March 17, 2015 By seattlepi.com staff

It’s not what Google’s Eric Schmidt said on a panel at South by Southwest, it’s the way he said it.

The tech giant’s executive chairman interrupted and spoke over Megan Smith, the chief technology officer of the U.S. and a former Google executive, while discussing racial and gender diversity in the tech sector during a session on “How Innovation Happens,” according to The Wall Street Journal. Walter Isaacson, the CEO of the Aspen Institute, moderated the session. Schmidt reportedly cut Smith off mid-sentence and weighed in on which questions she should answer.

During the Q&A, one audience member noted the interruptions and asked “how personality biases in men and women affect workplace dynamics,” the Journal wrote. She received cheers as well as recognition on social media.

Thank you to whoever respectfully asked the cut off question! Glad other people have noticed @USCTO #askwalter #SXSW2015

— Haley van Dyck (@haleyvandyck) March 16, 2015

Big cheers for the woman who called out @ericschmidt and @WalterIsaacson for interrupting @USCTO several times. #SXSW #innovators

— Amy Heiss (@AmyHatDell) March 16, 2015

Smith did not specifically address the interruptions, according to the Journal.

The question came from Judith Williams, the manager of global diversity and talent programs at Google. Last May, the Mountain View company released its diversity data. Thirty percent of Google’s workers are women, according to the company, while 17 percent of its tech workers and 21 percent of leadership are women.










From 7/16/1963 ( Phoebe Cates the Harvard University graduate medical doctor and the world-famous actress and the wife of my biological brother Thomas Reagan ) To 12/7/1998 ( my first day working at Microsoft Corporation as the known official Chief Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and the active duty United States Marine Corps lieutenant colonel circa 1998 ) is 12928 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 3/26/2001 is 12928 days



From 10/23/1955 ( premiere US film "Bobby Ware is Missing" ) To 3/16/1991 ( my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate Columbia South Carolina ) is 12928 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 3/26/2001 is 12928 days



[ See also: To Be Continued ]


http://www.google.com/press/pressrel/chairman.html

Press Center

Dr. Eric Schmidt Joins Google's Board of Directors as Chairman

MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif.--March 26, 2001--Google Inc. today announced that Dr. Eric E. Schmidt, 45, currently chairman and CEO of Novell, Inc., has joined Google's board of directors as chairman. Schmidt succeeds Sergey Brin, 27, Google's founding chairman and current president. Schmidt's appointment is effective immediately. Google also announced that Schmidt has made a significant financial investment in the company.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 04:56 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Saturday 14 March 2015 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2015/03/departure-angle-on-viewer.html


http://www.simpsonsarchive.com/episodes/2F12.html

Homer the Clown

Original airdate in N.A.: 12-Feb-95


Fat Tony and his henchmen go cruising for Krusty.

Tony: OK, wherever Krusty's gone, we'll find him. Legs, you check out the East Side. Louie, Rome and Budapest. Tell the boys I want a total world search.

Legs+Louie: Right, boss.

Homer: [at a car dealer] I want a free car because I'm Krusty. Krusty the Klown? Get it? Krus -- [honks horn] -- ty! [honk]

[Tony's car skids to a halt]

Tony: Cancel the world search.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 14 March 2015 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 15:46:58 -0800 (PST)

From: "Kerry Burgess"

Subject: Re: 841 days

To: "Kerry Burgess"

Kerry Burgess wrote:
It's been 841 days since I ran the Seattle Marathon. As I was waiting for the race to start, a very attractive young woman kicked my foot and I started talking to her. She was going to college in Provo and I described being out there the previous year for Ironman Utah. She told me that people say to stay out of that lake now because of "dead bodies" in it. I saw her later and she was far ahead of me in the race. I remember also thinking that people were watching me, beyond the normal spectating. I passed by a group of people and heard someone say "there he is." The next day at work, the director my group told me she had been there to watch the finish of the race. She described how she had accidently showed up or something like that, but I wasn't buying it. A cute woman at work that day was wearing clothes that looked suspicously similar to what I had wore for the race.

I think this was the 4th of 5 marathons I finished in a year period. I'm not sure of exact dates offhand but between Dec 2002 and Dec 2003, I completed 5 marathons, 2 sprint triathlons, and I trained for and participated in Ironman CDA, but I dropped out at the midpoint, completing the 2.4 mile swim and then 56 miles of the bike. I had developed serious cramps in my legs during the swim and a cramp in my lower leg was very painful.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 20 March 2006 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 1:13 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: a failure to act resulted in a death

A few months before that, in the second half of 2000, Tavener referred to my limp as a "swagger." Shortly before that comment, he had been telling me that when people in our group talked about the MCSD credential, he wanted them to think of me. So the next time it came up in a meeting, I took control of the topic. That didn't sit so well with the organizer of the meeting. She demanded a meeting with her and Tavener and me. I never did really understand what her point was. I guess she was angry but for what? Because I knew more about the topic? Tavener told me he would "slap me down" if I did something like that to him.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 15 March 2006 excerpt ends]



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 11:50 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Wednesday 18 March 2015