Friday, March 06, 2015

"12 Monkeys" Friday




JOURNAL ARCHIVE: posted by H.V.O.M at 8:28 PM Thursday, September 15, 2005


I am going to describe a dream I had earlier today, because as strange as it seems, I think I am supposed to. I think someone is testing me and they want me to relay to them what they sent to my sleeping mind. I guess they want to see how much detail I remember when I am awake or something like that. It has happened a couple times lately but I have resisted writing about it. Mainly because it agitates me so to be manipulated like this.

I had that dream again about the house I bought in South Carolina back in the early '90s. I loved that place, it was quiet and relaxing. That house is always the central element in dreams I have sometime. There are usually variations to the situation, but the house is always there. And there is usually another element to the dream. In the dream, I discover that I still own the house and I can go back there any time I want, even at the very moment I realize it is still there. It is a great feeling to know I can sleep there that very night if I want to.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 15 September 2005 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: posted by H.V.O.M at 8:28 PM Thursday, September 15, 2005


Then I found myself at what seemed to be my own place in the country, the grass was very high. Never seen this place before, but there seems to be something slightly familiar about it. Next image I remember is my Jeep blocking the entrace of my driveway. But the postman has driven around it and is delivering the mail. He has a lot to deliver. At one point, he walks up to the house, or the garage, but I do not talk with him. Before this, I had been walking around the property and there are a lot of other buildings with purposes I don't know but they have a lot of objects, tools and such, cluttered around. I am standing on the porch about to go in and a woman throws open a hatch on the porch and starts climbing up from under the porch. She is carrying a fishing tackle box and something else I don't recognize. She is a scientist or something. She is on some kind of expedition to go out and cause frogs, I think it was, to contract the "mumps." I don't know why she was doing it, but she said they weren't doing it themselves. I woke up at this point and I could hear some loud-mouth in another room on this floor talking loudly next to his window about how he never contracted the mumps when he was a kid even though he had actually tried to contract it by getting into bed with someone that had the mumps.

I'm not sure if this dream happened after I went back to sleep or it had occured earlier, but I was in that unfamilar house there in the country and I was trying to get ready. I was meeting some family members in town for lunch but I kept getting interrupted. At one point, the clock read 1:38 pm but I had to be there at 2pm and I had not even showered or shaved yet. I didn't know how to get in touch with them to let them know I would be late.

The other dream I had was about fighting some kind of aliens. I'm not sure if this dream happened before the one I wrote about above or if it happened later. In this dream, I am still in the Navy, but I am wearing some kind of camoflauge uniform, maybe army or marines. These aliens have invaded a subway and there are a lot of travelers around in danger. I am about to drop from exhaustion after 36 hours of fighting, we have been retreating and I am separated from the other soldiers. I am carrying two heavy packs, trying to find another unit to group up with, with passengers stream through the facility, they are even getting on the trains as some of them are still coming through. I have lost my rifle somewhere. I still have plenty of ammo, but I can't find a rifle. A woman at a coffee kisok says something to me that I don't remember, she has dried blood on her hands as she is preparing coffee. Then I am outside and I have found an armory where I get another rifle. I start heading back to the subway. A woman drives up in a car and asks me if I am who she thinks I am. But I can't remember seeing her actually in the car, all I can remember is seeing her buried in the dirt with only her talking face exposed. That is all I remember.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 15 September 2005 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: posted by H.V.O.M at 7:51 AM Wednesday, December 13, 2006


Lately I have spent a lot of time wondering why they had it in Provo and on June 8th. I was just looking at the map and I noticed that Hill AFB is off I-15 Exit 338 and maybe that was the reason it was chosen as the training base. The map indicates that the driving distance from I-15 Exit 338 to Provo, Utah is 71 miles. Making this all incredibly interesting is when I discovered on the map the location of the hotel I stayed at in the week before the Ironman triathlon on 6/8/2002. The Salt Lake City hotel I stayed at was one mile from the intersection of Vine Street and I-15, where the map has a label for Exit 303. That hotel was probably the closest I could get to that intersection and I was incredibly stunned to realize I had made that selection. I was oblivious to it but it is a pattern that is hard to ignore.

On that fateful 6/8/2002 day of the triathlon, all hell broke loose when a storm blew through just in time to coinicide with the start of the 2.4 mile swim, which was supposed to be followed by a 112-mile bicycle and then a 26.2 mile run. The storm blew away all the swim course markers though and produced some serious waves. I didn't have to see much to know that I wasn't going to try to make that swim in those crazy waves and turned around and headed back for the dock. At one point, I submerged to see if I could find the bottom in case I got tired and I ws glad to know it wasn't very deep and was manageable. A few days later, I was reading a news article from the local paper about one of the guys that died during that swim and that article had a photo of me that was taken just after I broke through the surface to take a breath.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 13 December 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=39910

The American Presidency Project

Ronald Reagan

XL President of the United States: 1981 - 1989

Remarks at the Midyear Meeting of the National Association of Realtors

May 10, 1984


and if I've told this story to you before










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: posted by H.V.O.M at 9:36 PM Thursday, September 08, 2005


Nothing today.

Another day of trying to breathe through this block of carbonite. Maybe they'll unfreeze me tomorrow.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 08 September 2005 excerpt end]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: posted by H.V.O.M at 11:40 PM Wednesday, September 07, 2005


Maybe tomorrow.

Maybe I'll finally get some answers tomorrow.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 07 September 2005 excerpt end]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099810/quotes

IMDb


The Hunt for Red October (1990)

Quotes


Watson: Y'know, I seen me a mermaid once. I even seen me a shark eat an octopus. But I ain't never seen no phantom Russian submarine.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 8:26 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Friday 06 March 2015