Saturday, March 07, 2015

Supergirl (1984)




http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=42822

The American Presidency Project

Ronald Reagan

XL President of the United States: 1981 - 1989

Proclamation 4957 - Working Mothers' Day

August 4, 1982

By the President of the United States of America

A Proclamation

Over the past half century a great change has been taking place in the social and economic structure of the United States: mothers are joining the labor force in ever-increasing numbers. At the present time, over half of all the children in America have mothers who work outside the home.

Over forty-three million women are now employed in every area of public and private employment and are continuing to develop new opportunities. They have made, and continue to make, increasingly important contributions to the Nation.

Of these forty-three million working women, over eighteen million simultaneously perform the vitally important role of mother.

These women make substantial contributions both to the Nation's economic growth and to the increasing strength of the American family, often at great personal sacrifice. They deserve our recognition and gratitude.

Most other mothers are working full time in the home. Their work is no less important. The guidance they give their children and the maintenance of a strong and cohesive family unit also contribute to the Nation's economic growth.

By Senate Joint Resolution 53, the Congress of the United States has authorized and requested the President to designate September 5, 1982, as "Working Mothers' Day."

Now, Therefore, I, Ronald Reagan, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim September 5, 1982, as "Working Mothers' Day" and call upon families, individual citizens, labor and civic organizations, the media, and the business community to acknowledge the importance of the mothers who work inside or outside the home and to express appreciation for their role in American society.

In Witness Whereof, I have hereunto set my hand this 4th day of Aug, in the year of our Lord nineteen hundred and eightytwo, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and seventh.

RONALD REAGAN










http://www.subzin.com/search.php?title=Supergirl&title_id=M93908015&search_sort=Popularity&type=All&pag=3

SUBZIN


Supergirl (1984)


00:06:54 [ Woman ] KARA !

00:06:57 KARA ! I'M HERE, MOTHER, I--

00:07:00 [ Whirring ]

00:07:04 KARA, I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR YOU FOR AGES. OH, I'M SORRY, MOTHER.

00:07:07 ZALTAR. ALURA, JOIN US.

00:07:09 WE'RE JUST INVENTING MIRACLES.

00:07:14 PUT YOUR FINGERS HERE, KARA, AND PRESS HARD.

00:07:18 GOOD. NOW, TRY IT.

00:07:21 LET YOUR IMAGINATION EXPLODE AND GIVE IT A TRY. GO ON.

00:07:24 ZALTAR, MY HUSBAND TELLS ME YOU TALK OF LEAVING ARGO CITY.

00:07:30 FOR WHERE ? PARTS UNKNOWN. IT IS, ALAS, A FACT.

00:07:34 YOU AND ZOR-EL HAVE A LIFE HERE. YOU HAVE EACH OTHER, AND YOU HAVE KARA.

00:07:37 BUT, ZALTAR, YOU FOUNDED THIS CITY. IT'S YOURS.

00:07:41 AS FAR AS THE EYE CAN SEE, RIGHT TO THE VEIL,

00:07:43 SMACK, AND THEN WHAT ?

00:07:45 WHAT IS BEYOND ? ALURA, I CANNOT CONTAIN MYSELF TO ARGO CITY ONLY.

00:07:50 MY HEAD IS BOILING WITH IDEAS. MY IMAGINATION IS TOO VAST. IT'S UNCONTROLLABLE.

00:07:55 IF YOU WANT MY OPINION, ZALTAR, YOU'RE STARTING TO REPEAT YOURSELF...

00:08:00 WITH ALL THIS AIRY, GLITTERY STUFF.

00:08:02 EXACTLY. THAT'S WHY I'M GOING TO VENUS.

00:08:06 VENUS ? WHEN ?










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=the-assets-2014&episode=s01e01

Springfield! Springfield!


The Assets

My Name is Aldrich Ames


Mom, where have you been? I need to talk to you about Saturday night, because Benji Parrell wants to take me to this party, and Not now!










From 7/16/1963 ( Phoebe Cates the Harvard University graduate medical doctor and the world-famous actress and the wife of my biological brother Thomas Reagan ) To 8/4/1982 ( Ronald Reagan - Proclamation 4957 - Working Mothers' Day ) is 6959 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 11/21/1984 is 6959 days



From 6/20/1968 ( Lyndon Johnson - Statement by the President Upon Signing Bill Permitting Photographic Reproductions of Postage Stamps ) To 11/21/1984 is 5998 days

5998 = 2999 + 2999

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/18/1974 ( my biological brother Thomas Reagan the civilian and privately financed astronaut in his privately financed nuclear-pulse propulsion spaceship this day was his first landing the planet Venus and his documented and lawful exclusive claim to the territory of the planet Venus ) is 2999 days



From 7/5/1944 ( Franklin Roosevelt - Letter Against Ordering Deferment of Premedical Students ) To 8/13/1982 ( premiere US film "Fast Times At Ridgemont High" ) is 13918 days

13918 = 6959 + 6959

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 11/21/1984 is 6959 days



[ See also TBC ]


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088206/releaseinfo

IMDb


Supergirl (1984)

Release Info

USA 21 November 1984



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088206/fullcredits

IMDb


Supergirl (1984)

Full Cast & Crew


Helen Slater ... Kara Zor-El / Supergirl / Linda Lee










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088206/quotes

IMDb


Supergirl (1984)

Quotes


Ethan: You just flew over my head, true or false?

Supergirl: True.

Ethan: Like Superman.

Supergirl: He's my cousin.










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=28940

The American Presidency Project

Lyndon B. Johnson

XXXVI President of the United States: 1963 - 1969

321 - Statement by the President Upon Signing Bill Permitting Photographic Reproductions of Postage Stamps.

June 20, 1968

TO BE EFFECTIVE, laws must be in step with the needs of our people. An effective government of laws must not be burdened by the dead weight of past problems and obsolete provisions.

Today I am pleased to sign an amendment removing such a provision from our statute books.

In the past, it was illegal to reproduce United States postage stamps in color. Such reproduction, it was felt, might facilitate the work of counterfeiting.

Since stamp counterfeiting is today virtually nonexistent, this restriction is no longer necessary. There is no reason now why the full meaning and beauty of our postage stamps cannot be communicated to all the world in color reproduction.

On July 4th, for example, we will issue a beautiful series of 10 stamps depicting the history of our national flag. It is a magnificent history which the stamps portray colorfully and fittingly.
Because of this bill, introduced by Congressman Thaddeus Dulski, Chairman of the House Committee on Post Office and Civil Service, we can share the story and significance of our flag with the peoples and nations of our earth.

There is no longer any reason, in law or logic, to deny such valued contributions to man's experience by restricting color reproduction of postage stamps. I am pleased that Congressman Dulski's initiative has given me this opportunity to strike an obsolete provision from our law books. In doing so, we make government an even more effective instrument of the people's needs and will.

Note: As enacted, the bill (H.R. 15972) is Public Law 90-353 (82 Stat. 240).










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=16530

The American Presidency Project

Franklin D. Roosevelt

XXXII President of the United States: 1933-1945

50 - Letter Against Ordering Deferment of Premedical Students.

July 5, 1944

I have given careful thought to your letter of June 16 in which you asked that I review the Selective Service order which does not permit the deferment of premedical students beyond July 1.

No one is more keenly conscious than I am of the need of maintaining the health of the Nation and of making sure that we have an adequate supply of doctors. But in this war the need of the armed forces for young, vigorous men must also be given thorough consideration. The Army and the Navy have presented that need in urgent terms as essential to the winning of the war.

The Inter-Agency Committee on Deferments, which was formed some months ago to advise the Director of Selective Service on deferment of men under 26, gave careful consideration to the case of premedical students. The Committee included representatives of all Governmental agencies interested in manpower. I am told that this Committee recommended that there be no deferment for premedical students who are not in medical school by July 1 of this year.

The Committee, I am advised, took into account the fact that none of these premedical students could be of service in the practice of medicine prior to 1948, and that many of them would never practice medicine. The Committee also gave attention to the fact that young men who do not come up to the exacting physical standards of the armed forces, as well as young women, are available to become premedical students.

As for the future supply of doctors, we must always bear in mind the ex-servicemen, a considerable number of whom will unquestionably desire to begin the study of medicine. As you know, there are many young men who have served their country in the armed forces and have already been discharged from further service. These men, and the far larger number later to be demobilized, must be given every opportunity in the way of education and training. I am told that the medical colleges are particularly interested in promoting medical education of well qualified ex-servicemen. This plan by the medical colleges in behalf of ex-servicemen has my hearty support.

For these reasons, after thorough consideration, I am unwilling to overrule the recommendation of the Inter-Agency Committee on Deferments in regard to premedical students or to instruct the Director of Selective Service to rescind the ruling that he made when he adopted the Committee's recommendation.

I fully appreciate your keen interest in this important subject.

Hon. A. L. Miller,

House of Representatives,

Washington, D.C.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088206/quotes

IMDb


Supergirl (1984)

Quotes


Supergirl: Who are you?

Selena: I am Selena, Diodenes of Catania, Priestess of Sekhnet. I am the Ultimate Siren of Endor. And you, little lady, are trespassing on private property.

Selena: [points at Ethan] She means him.

Supergirl: I am Kara of Argo City, daughter of Alura and Zor-El, and I don't scare easily.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088206/quotes

IMDb


Supergirl (1984)

Quotes


Kara: [about Zaltar's creative illusion] Oh, it is beautiful. What's that gonna be, Zaltar?

Zaltar: I think, a tree.

Kara: A tree. What is a tree?

Zaltar: A lovely thing which grows on Earth.

Kara: Earth? You mean where my cousin went?

Zaltar: And to where one day soon perhaps I might venture as well.

Kara: I don't believe you. How?

Zaltar: In that.

[points to a transportation device]

Zaltar: Through there.

[points to the Binary Chute]

Kara: The Binary Chute? But you could never survive the pressure. It would destroy you...

Zaltar: [interrupting] That I can, zip zap, and I'm gone.

Kara: But you'd never leave us, Zaltar. You'd never leave Argo City.

Zaltar: Indeed I might, Kara. Too much of a good thing here. Perhaps I'll try Saturn instead. Yes, I think I might.

Kara: Saturn is... Is that further away than Earth?

Zaltar: Silly question. Did you not study sixth-dimensional geometry at school? Do they not teach you anything anymore?

Kara: Well, of course they do. Uh, I know the equations. Uh - I just can't see them in my head.

Zaltar: Most great artists find mathematics troublesome, Kara. Only use your imagination. Saturn and Earth are in outer space, but we - we are in inner space.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 07/16/09 2:30 PM
Some of the details now have faded from my mind since I got up a few hours ago and I thought I was not going to write about this dream but I have now started feeling that I want to write as much about it as I can remember for the parts I want to write about. The dream seems to start with me parking my car somewhere although I have the nagging feeling that I am forgetting details that happened before that. There is some vague element of a woman in another vehicle somewhere in the near distance in front of me and some kind of notion about how I think she is just there with one or more persons that I never did see and they are there just to drink alcohol. So anyway, I get out of my car and I can still visualize that to some extent although I cannot think of how to articulate what I am visualizing. I guess that is because I do not believe what I am visualizing is actually what my dream is supposed to represent, as though I am dreaming of an actual memory and what I visualize from the dream is obvious to my mind on some level that it is not the same as what I saw in a real experience and that is a conflict to my waking mind. So anyway, I seem to walk behind a house after leaving my car and that I am very aware is a source of conflict because that was not a house I walked behind and that structure I am aware of in my mind is something different. Maybe it was a geographical location that I referred to as a house. Maybe I always refered to my landing sites as homeplate or something similar to that, I thought of just now as I was writing this sentence. The purpose of the dream seems to start now as I have walked behind that house or whatever it was and I am looking up into the sky and I see some large object in the sky and I am not certain if I ever consider during the dream what that object is supposed to represent. But early on in the dream, as it is at this point, I have the sense that I am actually walking around on the planet Venus. That makes no sense of course because I am not wearing a spacesuit and I am easily breathing the air. The surroundings are clear of fog and clouds but it seems to be night time although I can see my surrounding very well. As I continue walking towards that large object that is suspended in the sky I am also looking at a small crater in the ground and there seems to be some kind of association with the crater and the object in the sky although I don't think I started considering that notion until after I had been awake for a while. After I have been awake for a while I think to myself about some vague notion about how the object suspended in the sky will eventually cause the crater that is already visible along with the object that has not yet caused it. I am also aware of some kind of trajectory path as though by some details and observed unexplainable during and after the dream I am aware that the path of that object that is actually suspended motionless in the sky will move along an angle to the ground and impact the ground to cause that crater. I have also been thinking since that dream that this dream is a composite of experiences in that it represents my time on the ground on the planet Venus, and then after waking up I thought it also represents my time on the surface of the Saturn moon Phoebe, and then later still I started thinking that I dreamed of being able to breathe the air because that represents in a vague sense my discovery of oxygen on the surface of the Jupiter moon Callisto. There was some other detail I wanted to note for this sentence but now I cannot remember. So anyway, I am approaching the crater and there is some kind of sense of danger in my mind and I have about it since waking up that I was concerned about getting electrocuted when I stepped into the crater but that isn't entirely precise. I saw something in front of my and it might have been some kind of super-heated plasma and if I came into contact with it then it would have an effect on me similar to being electrocuted. I write about that last observation with the sense that I was wearing a spacesuit and indeed that is one detail that made me feel that I wanted to write about this dream. It was at some point along this time in the dream that I think I actually saw an actual visualization of a true memory in my mind of standing on the surface of the planet Venus. I cannot remember what it was that I saw although maybe I do and I just cannot articulate that observation. I am most certain about how I think I did actually see a real memory during the dream and it was that part of the dream where I have the sense that I was wearing a spacesuit. The next part of the dream seems to be where I turned back around and I was walking into the crater and I seemed to be speaking to someone or just speaking into my radio transmitter in my spacesuit about how my feet were tingling and I have thought since I awoke that it was because the ground was very hot but I don't think that is entirely accurate either but it does have something to do with that danger I wrote of earlier. I was looking at the cone at the center of the crater and all the surface around me including that crater seemed to be covered with some kind of lichen or moss or something similar to whatever that is. There are other details I can still visualize from the dream as I walked around inside the crater, which was not very large, but I am tired of writing about it now.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 16 July 2009 excerpt ends ]










http://www.chakoteya.net/NextGen/191.htm

Night Terrors [ Star Trek: The Next Generation ]

Stardate: 44631.2

Original Airdate: 18 Mar, 1991


TROI [OC]: You want to leave. Why can't you?

HAGAN [OC]: Can't go. Help. One moon circling.










http://www.fourmilab.ch/cgi-bin/Solar

Solar System Live


Solar System: Sat 1991 Mar 16


Distance (AU)

Neptune 30.544

Pluto 29.107



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 5:01 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Saturday 07 March 2015