Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Palma




Ah, yes. That's it.

Palma. I went to her room. Takes some imagination but it's a perfect match from what I remember of back in the year 1989. Some details I don't think I ever wrote about. I don't see how watching this episode could cause me to dream up those details. If I told you the similarities then I doubt you would think the similarity is even remotely obvious.

No one else I served with from the US Navy warship USS Wainwright CG 28, the only other US Navy personnel I was in normal contact with at the time, was with me in that room.

As I have been writing here for many years I believe that July 1989 was a divergence point for me. I just cannot find the supporting details I think I am trying to find.

As the few people reading this have probably figured out by now I believe all the postings I have made here on blogger.com are not being posted to the world. I think some people unassociated are reading these posts but they are the targeted few of enlightenment.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 01/24/07 1:03 AM

I must have dreamed a lot about the Falklands, but I don't remember any of it. It feels as though I was processing a tremendous amount of detail about that experience as I slept.

But what I started thinking about was a girl I knew long ago from Britain but that I think must definitely represent another operation where I was a combatant with the British; probably the First Gulf War. The "memory" is a woman named Briney, although I don't think that is how she spelled her name, or at, that is an important detail about the "memory" but I haven't figured that out yet. The most obvious clue about her name is that it have have something to do with the ocean or an operation with the Navy because 'briny' reminds me of the sea. So anyway, I was in Palma, in Magalluf (spelling?)specifically, and Larry Johnson, Mark Mogge, and I ventured into a bar that had some touristy name such as British Pub. Or maybe Larry and Mark found it the night before when I was on the Wainwright for duty, they told me about it, and we went back the next night. It was great because we were staying in port for the entire Christmas and New Year's period and we were spending it in my favorite port. Sometimes my duty was to drive the Shore Patrol van around town. So I think it was Mark that had told me about a great bar they had found that was full of gorgeous British women who were flight attendants. And he was right. We went back there every night talking with those women.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 24 January 2007 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 01/24/07 1:03 AM


I left her a note under her door before we left port but I never heard from her again.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 24 January 2007 excerpt ends]



































DSC09024.JPG










































1990 CG28 pa.jpg










































1990 CG28 pg (69).jpg



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 03:02 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Wednesday 04 March 2015