Wednesday, March 04, 2015

"There could be some logic to the belief that time is fluid"




One of her subsequent re-marriages was to Vietnam Veteran Randy Romine. As I recall, and as I was thinking of extensively a few days ago, he was a radio operator serving in the US Army. I wrote before about how I once found his US Purple Heart medals on the top shelf in a closet in his house when we lived there.

I thought I had written before about the time, I guess in the year 1978, when Thedia told me that an electronic amplifier kit I found was something he wanted me to have. Seemed odd to me. But I quickly assembled it. Might have been from Radio Shack but I don't recall precise details. Then I connected a walkie talkie to it and did some other stuff with it and that I had figured out before by tinkering around with electronics. I can still visualize Thedia walking into my bedroom and saying something similar or precisely: "You can't do that" because I had an antenna mounted on my desk and I connected strings to it that were attached to the walls of my room. I thought I would find references to this after a quick search in my journal but I did not and I don't want to spend more time on it. I want to watch the 1999 film "Arlington Road" on crackle.com without drinking a massive amount of beer to do so because I really hate to start drinking beer and then stopping drinking beer. That really makes me angry!










http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/28.htm

The City on the Edge of Forever [ Star Trek: The Original Series ]

Stardate: 3134.0

Original Airdate: Apr 6, 1967


SPOCK: Captain, you're asking me to work with equipment which hardly very far ahead of stone knives and bearskins.

KIRK: McCoy will be along in a few days, perhaps sooner. There's no guarantee that these currents in time will bring us together. This has to work.

SPOCK: Captain. Captain, in three weeks at this rate, possibly a month, I might reach the first mnemonic memory circuits.

(There's a knock at the door.)

KIRK: Your hat.

EDITH: If you can leave immediately, I can get you five hours work at twenty two cents an hour. What? What on Earth is that?



































DSC09021.JPG










http://snltranscripts.jt.org/86/86hgetalife.phtml


Get A Life!


[ open on an exterior shot of the "Holiday Inn" with a sign reading "Welcome Trekkers." ]

[ dissolve inside ]

[ A sign on the wall reads "16th Annual Star Trek Convention -- 1986" ]


William Shatner: You know, before I answer any more questions there's something I wanted to say. Having received all your letters over the years, and I've spoken to many of you, and some of you have traveled... y'know... hundreds of miles to be here, I'd just like to say... GET A LIFE, will you people? I mean, for crying out loud, it's just a TV show! I mean, look at you, look at the way you're dressed! You've turned an enjoyable little job, that I did as a lark for a few years, into a COLOSSAL WASTE OF TIME!

[ a crowd of shocked and dismayed Trekkies.... ]

I mean, how old are you people? What have you done with yourselves?

[ to "Ears" ] You, you must be almost 30... have you ever kissed a girl?

[ "Ears" hangs his head ]

I didn't think so! There's a whole world out there! When I was your age, I didn't watch television! I LIVED! So... move out of your parent's basements! And get your own apartments and GROW THE HELL UP! I mean, it's just a TV show dammit, IT'S JUST A TV SHOW!










http://snltranscripts.jt.org/86/86hgetalife.phtml


Get A Life!

Written by: Bob Odenkirk & Judd Apatow



































DSC09022.JPG



































DSC09023.JPG










http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/28.htm

The City on the Edge of Forever [ Star Trek: The Original Series ]

Stardate: 3134.0

Original Airdate: Apr 6, 1967


KIRK: What are you?

GUARDIAN: I am the Guardian of Forever.

KIRK: Are you machine or being?

GUARDIAN: I am both and neither. I am my own beginning, my own ending.

SPOCK: I see no reason for answers to be couched in riddles.

GUARDIAN: I answer as simply as your level of understanding makes possible.










http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/28.htm

The City on the Edge of Forever [ Star Trek: The Original Series ]

Stardate: 3134.0

Original Airdate: Apr 6, 1967


KIRK: Well, Mister Spock, if we can't disguise you, we'll find some way of explaining you.

SPOCK: That should prove interesting.

KIRK: Let's get out of here.

(They are nearly run down crossing the street.)

SPOCK: Fascinating.

DRIVER: Look out, will you? Why don't you watch where you're going?



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 02:33 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Wednesday 04 March 2015