Friday, May 06, 2011

"If you've got one."




"found in any auto store"










I was just thinking of something very specifically similar today just as I was about to return to my apartment from walking to the grocery store. The line of thought started because I walked past a person who was mowing the grass next to the sidewalk where I was walking and I was glad to see again, as had happened before at another location, he was courteous to stop the lawnmower engine so it did not blow cut grass onto my feet. So after that I started thinking about lawnmower engines. I wondered why, and I wonder if I ever knew, what is the reason for the term 'two cycle.' So I started to think over what I know about how the automobile combustion engine works and I was thinking through extensively about how the manifold of an automobile combustion engine has the intake valve and the exhaust valve and I wonder if the small engine, such as in a lawnmower does not have the separate chamber for intake and exhaust and that is the reason for the description. An automobile combustion engine has a port on the manifold that injects gasoline vapor into the piston chamber and after that vapor is ignited and then drives down the piston and when the other pistons causes that piston to start driving upwards then the exhaust valve opens and the smoke from the vapor explosion is driven out of the piston chamber and the process repeats if the engine is still in operation. I was thinking about that extensively as I walked back into my apartment and I think about it again now because of the rotor operation that is obvious from the plot element of this film and there are other details I do not describe here that are details associated with time travel that are consistent with my observations today. I have been watching a source that is tracking my time travel communications and those observations happen several days before the events that are the basis for my observations.