Thursday, February 13, 2014

Bitter residues




Well, to make a long-blog-post short in terms of searching for over an hour or more for the text, the text from comments Laura Mason made to me personally, I will just say screw it and make a direct reference here. Somewhere here in my blog, a blog that I maintain a single text-file of, something you casual readers would not have, there is a reference I made one or more times where I associated the original "Battlestar Galactica" television series with something former co-worker Laura Mason said to me. As best I recall now her only specific comments were exactly or similar to "I don't want my son to turn out like you." We had a pleasant working relationship so that adds context to her comments, comments complicated by the fact I had no kids of my own at the time and I never had. She must have said that to me in the year 1999 as best I can recall now. I worked as a Technical Account Manager at Microsoft for only one year before I changed roles to Application Developer Consultant, which was the precise same role in Microsoft Premier Support but the difference was that as an ADC we focused on enterprise companies who had technical support contracts with us for technical support on the sort of problems that computer programmers encountered while creating computer programs for Microsoft products. I had the credentials of Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer and Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer so I knew enough about computer networks, especially because I had started with my Certified NetWare Engineer credential, and not sure if they even exist anymore despite how that used to be the *thing* back in the 1990s, so there was a lot I knew about.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_of_Battlestar_Galactica_(2004_TV_series)


Music of Battlestar Galactica (2004 TV series)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


Orchestral music began to be introduced near the end of the first season. In the beginning, producers preferred other sounds:

"They didn't want an orchestral sound. So when I started the series, I had an extremely limited palette – a lot of percussion.










http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/12/world/asia/japanese-beethoven-samuragochi-hearing/

CNN


'Japanese Beethoven' Mamoru Samuragochi: I can hear 'sometimes'

By Tim Hume and Junko Ogura, CNN

updated 3:40 AM EST, Wed February 12, 2014

Tokyo, Japan (CNN) -- A once-celebrated Japanese composer who last week confessed his works were written by a ghostwriter, and subsequently had doubt cast on his claim to be deaf, now admits at least partially faking his hearing loss.

Mamoru Samuragochi, until recently hailed as a "Japanese Beethoven" for composing hit symphonies despite claiming to have been completely deaf for 15 years, made the admission in a handwritten apology sent to news organizations through his lawyers.

"I apologize from the bottom of my heart for betraying and hurting many people," he wrote, in his first public statement addressing the allegations about his hearing.

In a televised press conference last week, a Tokyo music teacher named Takashi Niigaki revealed that he had secretly been the real composer of Samuragochi's works for 18 years.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0314979/fullcredits

IMDb


Battlestar Galactica (2003 TV Mini-Series)

Full Cast & Crew


Series Music Department

Jordan Corngold ... music editor (2 episodes, 2003)

Robert Fernandez ... orchestral engineer (2 episodes, 2003)

Steve Kaplan ... score mixer (2 episodes, 2003)

Bear McCreary ... composer: additional music (2 episodes, 2003)










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_of_Battlestar_Galactica_(2004_TV_series)


Music of Battlestar Galactica (2004 TV series)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


So when I started the series










http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/pinkfloyd/agreatdayforfreedom.html


PINK FLOYD


"A Great Day For Freedom"

On the day the wall came down
They threw the locks onto the ground
And with glasses high we raised a cry for freedom had arrived
On the day the wall came down
The Ship of Fools had finally ran aground










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 7:33 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: Journal May 21, 2006, Supplemental


Kerry Burgess wrote:


Was I a musician? I can remember in that period following my return from the PG in 1988, I was writing code to produce some music I thought of as Classical.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 21 May 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.snpp.com/episodes/3F16.html

The Day the Violence Died

Original Airdate in N.A.: 17-Mar-96


Bart asks him to show some respect to the man who created Itchy and Scratchy.

Chester: He didn't create Itchy: I did.

Bart: Huh?










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Friday, June 23, 2006 6:41 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: Journal June 23, 2006, Supplemental

I was talking to a few people at Microsoft one day and somebody said something that prompted me to make a joke. I remembered that comedian from a long time ago who had that routine about "you can call me ray, you can call me jay," etc. That seems important, especially if my last name really is Ray. I suspect that was the name I grew up with. I can't remember who all was there but I do remember Jeff Johnson was there. He was one of the guys I went to Premier indoctrination with in Dallas after I started at Microsoft. He was also the guy who told me about Wally Simpson telling people on the other side of the room something about me showing up on a nearby roof with a rifle to shoot people. I wondered a long time why he would say that but just tried to laugh it off. Now I know why, the same reason they created the Master Chief character. If I really was a SEAL, I was probably a sniper.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 23 June 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: August 22, 2006


As I was riding the bus to the VA, I remembered something else that happened at Microsoft. I was complaining to a friend one day about how Sharon Bjeletich had put a curtain up at the entrance to her cube so no one could see in. That was the second cube I sat in after moving to that new floor in the Bellevue office. Sharon sat two cubicles from me. Eddy Hahn was in the cube between us. I believe that Sharon put that curtain up because she, and everyone else, knew that there were cameras outside the building staring in at me and she was being captured in the frame. I am certain that happened in 2000 because I remember something from Halloween when I was still on that floor and by Halloween of 2001, we were all out at Issaquah. Halloween of 1999, I was still a TAM and I remember another TAM dressed up as a hockey player and he asked me if I was trying to work. Eddy is that guy I wrote about that worked in Las Vegas before Microsoft. He is from Budapest. I can't remember where Sharon was from originally but she is the one I wrote about that reminds me of Sarajevo. Eddy has one of those masks from that movie....can't remember the name now. Wasn't it something similar to "I Know What You Did Last Summer."? That movie came up one time when I was still a TAM. Something with Wally Simpson. I was leaving notes around his desk with that phrase on it. He said his son found the one I left in his closed laptop.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 22 August 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107048/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Groundhog Day (1993)


Phil: What would you do if you were stuck in one place and every day was exactly the same, and nothing that you did mattered?

Ralph: That about sums it up for me.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 11/9/2006 11:26 PM
That’s why Microsoft put Wally Simpson in there to work with me; they were warning me that Microsoft knew I was the former CO of the USS Cole. The Cole’s namesake had been a musician in the military and that was why Microsoft had Wally Simpson tell me he had a music degree. Microsoft did something similar earlier by assigning Laura Mason as my mentor. She told me she was a Commander in the USNR and a crewman on an EA-6 Prowler. Microsoft was trying to tell me they knew I was a Commander in the USN, and they were assuming I was in the Reserves because I was working there as a civilian. They were also giving me some kind of warning about being shot down, as happened to me in 1986.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 09 November2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 06/22/09 3:40 PM
That first week I was working at Microsoft beginning Monday, 12/7/1998, the group of people I worked with went to see the premiere of "Star Trek: Nemesis" during the workday, which I think was a Wednesday or it could have been a Thursday. I don't think it was Friday but I cannot recall for certain. Anyway, I had that white van from Avis that they gave me to drive until my car arrived as it was being shipped from South Carolina with the rest of my household items and I drove several people from that group at Microsoft to the theatre. I remember Ken Burns was there and Wally Simpson and Rhonda Halfmann I think, I remember Ken Burns for certain maybe Wally. I might be thinking Rhonda was there because she was with us in Texas a few weeks later and I was driving a van down there as well. So anyway I think it was Ken Burns that was commenting about the movie after it was over and we got back to the van and I was driving us back to the office and my first comment in the conversation after watching the film was that I complained about how they did not even go to "warp" speed during the movie.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 22 June 2009 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 12/29/06 7:52 PM
In my "memory," which is symbolic, of 1990, I was buying furnishing for my new apartment in Greenville after getting out of the Navy and starting to work for Ketterman's Inc. I "remember" that I bought a Mitsubishi television that I liked a lot and a matching VCR that I thought was cool. I also bought a Kenwood tuner/amplifier and a Kenwood CD player that I was very pleased with. The first CD's I bought for that CD player, that I can "remember," was a dual-CD set, or maybe it was just two separate albums, I'm not sure without thinking about it more, of Depeche Mode and I used to listen a lot to those CD's. Another set, which I also listened to for hours nonstop, was a dual-CD set titled "The Best Of The Doors." I just bought that Doors set again and I am still thinking that I must have been a musician with them.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 29 December 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: posted by H.V.O.M at 5:36 PM Sunday, August 13, 2006


Sergeant Cole

The USS Cole (DDG-67) is named for Sergeant Darrell S. Cole. He was a Medal of honor recipient from World War 2. A few days ago, I made another connection between something that happened to me at Microsoft when I was reading about Sergeant Cole on the USS Cole website. According to the biography, he started off as a Marine Corps Field Musician. That reminded me of Wally Simpson. Wally and I started at Microsoft around the same time in December 1998. He and I and several other new employees traveled to Texas for an indoctrination class on the business division we worked in: Premier Support For Enterprise. Our individual title was Technical Account Manager and we served as customer advocates. One day, probably 1999 because I transfered to Microsoft Premier Support For Developers in 2000, Wally was telling me he had some kind of bachelor's degree in music. I joked about that for a while, referring to it as a "band degree."


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 13 August 2006 excerpt ends]










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_of_Battlestar_Galactica_(2004_TV_series)


Music of Battlestar Galactica (2004 TV series)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


Orchestral music began to be introduced near the end of the first season. In the beginning, producers preferred other sounds:

"They didn't want an orchestral sound. So when I started the series, I had an extremely limited palette – a lot of percussion.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 03/27/07 7:29 AM
Why would Laura Mason tell me she was a crewperson on the EA-6 Prowler? Was it because I was in a Prowler on 2/14/86? Or is it simply because the Prowler is an Electronic Countermeasures (ECM) aircraft?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EA-6_Prowler

The EA-6B Prowler is a twin-engine, mid-wing aircraft manufactured by Northrop Grumman Aerospace Corporation as a modification of the basic A-6 Intruder airframe.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 27 March 2007 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 10/31/2006 9:08 PM
That guy at Microsoft, Tom Devey, who looked like Ilan Ramon, told me he was from Kalispell, Montana. I was familiar with the city because I used to look at that area a lot on the map, as well as Kalispell.

When I first moved out here, I was talking with Laura Mason one Monday morning at work and she asked me what I had done over the weekend, which I think was my first weekend after starting at Microsoft. I told her I went on a road trip and she asked me where I went. She seemed surprised, I assumed because it was so far away, when I replied “Montana.” Maybe I am really from there and she knows it. One time when I was living in that Crossland hotel, I was trying to evade the people stalking me and I rushed out to my Jeep on a whim late one night and drove all the way to Missoula before turning around and heading back. I sensed that the people in Missoula at the gas station knew who I was and was reporting details about me to someone.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 31 October 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: posted by H.V.O.M at 2:32 AM Saturday, March 31, 2007


Microsoft assigned a woman named Laura Mason to me as a mentor after I began work as a Technical Account Manager with the Microsoft Premier Support for Enterprise group. She told me she was a Commander in the U.S. Navy Reserves and was a crewperson on the EA-6 Prowler aircraft. After I moved to a new role as an Applications Development Consultant with the Microsoft Premier Support for Developers group, they assigned an employee named Tom Burke as my mentor. The name Tom Burke reminds me of the Arleigh Burke-class destroyers such as USS Cole DDG-67. There was Wally Simpson who started work at Microsoft about the same time as I and told me he had a music degree, reminding me of the namesake of the USS Cole DDG-67, who was known as “The Fighting Field Musician.” I found out Wally Simpson was spreading rumors about me; something about me being a sniper. The suspicious activity by Microsoft related to USS Cole DDG-67 was occurring before the Cole was struck by terrorists on 10/12/2000.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 31 March 2007 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 10/12/2006 11:29 AM


But Microsoft also wanted me in there. That was obvious.

In 1999, there was my TAM mentor, Laura Mason, who claimed to be an aviation crewman on Navy Prowler aircraft and a Commander in the Reserves. My manager was referring to me as her “hitman” and commenting about “jihad” when I complained about billing practices. There was Reham, who told me she was a law school dropout but others told me she was lawyer.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 12 October 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 10/08/08 3:25 Pm
Laura Mason said that to me in early 1999. I was complaining about how poorly the labor tracking was carried out in that group and she said later that she and I had grappled over the matter.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 08 October 2008 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: posted by H.V.O.M at 3:45 AM Saturday, December 16, 2006


Messaging

Shortly after I started working at Microsoft in 1998, they assigned a woman named Laura Mason to mentor me on my new role. She claimed to be a Commander in the U.S. Navy Reserves and an EA-6 Prowler flight officer. The EA-6 Prowler is based on the A-6 Intruder, which is the aircraft I have been writing that I was in when we were shot down somewhere in Africa in 1986. There was Wally Simpson with his music degree and who I talked to frequently. As I have written before, the USS Cole DDG-67, struck by terrorists on 10/12/2000, was named for a Marine who started off as a Musician in the U.S. Marine Corps. My theory for several months has been that I was the Commanding Officer of the USS Cole when it was commissioned, with the rank of Commander, and my alias, used probably because of my long-term career in the U.S. intelligence community, was Stewart O'Bryan. There was my first manager at Microsoft named Jayne Donovan who kind of looked like "Captain Janeway" from "Star Trek: Voyager." She once referred to me as her "hit man." Another time she asked me if I wanted to go on a "jihad." In my first meeting with her, I was complaining vigorously about the lack of concern for accurate billing of labor in that group and she asked if I wanted to go on a "jihad" to change it. I didn't say anything in response to that question, but in hindsight, I guess that is actually what I did do. My peer mentor once characterized a conversation I had with her around that time about the group's frustrating lack of concern over accurate labor billing as "grappling" with me. I would remember that term she used when I was watching a "Star Trek: Enterprise" episode where they first referred to the towing contraption as the "grappler."


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 16 December 2006 excerpt ends]










2006 film "The Queen" DVD video:


His Royal Highness Prince Charles the Prince of Wales: Are you game?





http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0268695/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

The Time Machine (2002)


David Philby: A professor from Columbia University should not be corresponding with a crazy German book keeper.





http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/I/I_Robot.html


I Robot


Help, police... that robot stole my dry cleaning.
Oh, you want to talk about that?
Detective...
how many robots have ever snatched a purse? - John, the thing is running down the str...





http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/T/Time_Machine_The.html


Time Machine The


I want my students prepared for the realities of the world they're about to greet.
Well, I don't. I want them to run along this street and knock off every bowler they see.










2003 television miniseries "Battlestar Galactica" DVD video:

00:00:00


Opening Title Card: The Cylons were created by Man. They were created to make life easier on the Twelve Colonies. And then The Day came when the Cylons decided to kill their Masters. After a long and bloody struggle, an Armistice was declared. The Cylons left for another world to call their own. A remote space station was built... ...Where Cylon and Human could meet and maintain diplomatic relations. Every year, the Colonials send an officer. The Cylons send no one. No one has seen or heard from the Cylons in over forty years.

Number Six: Are you alive?

Colonial Armistice officer: Yes.

Number Six: Prove it.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_of_Battlestar_Galactica_(2004_TV_series)


Music of Battlestar Galactica (2004 TV series)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


a lot of percussion.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 01:39 AM Pacific Time somewhere near Seattle Washington USA Thursday 13 February 2014