Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Stargate (1994)




http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/Stargate:_The_Movie_Transcript

STARGATE WIKI


Stargate: The Movie


HECKLER
Well, who do you think built the pyramids?



































http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/Stargate:_The_Movie_Transcript

STARGATE WIKI


Stargate: The Movie


DANIEL
I don't have any idea who built them...I mean,

HECKLER
Men from Atlantis? Or Martians perhaps?



































JOURNAL ARCHIVE: posted by H.V.O.M at 9:36 PM Sunday, September 11, 2005


If I was becoming The Microsoft Candidate, which to me felt more like being Borg'd just like Jean-Luc Picard, then everybody already knew these details about me. And my complaints are going to resonate with a lot of people in the company if Microsoft acknowledges that Kirk Tavener's actions were the worst form of sexual harassment possible and was essentially a form of extortion. I suspect management is doing that a lot at Microsoft and what Kirk Tavener did to me is just the tip of the iceburg.

Yesterday, I started thinking that maybe no one is going to just give me the explanation I have been waiting on. Instead, what I think is going to happen is someone is going to hand me a set of keys and say "Here you go. One shiny, pre-owned Microsoft. Have fun." I just wonder if Bill Gates is a smoker and if so, whether I will be able to get that smoky smell out of it before I take it for a drive.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 11 September 2005 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: August 8, 2006


This is an echo from my reality too. There's really no 'probably' about it. I actually live in a time period that is 1000 years from now. We travel the stars not unlike people in this time travel between states. My grandfather was the elected leader of a vast stretch of the galaxy within our reach. The planet is solidly united in that time period that relative to now is the future, but there is much turmoil in the galaxy, incredibly more so than we experienced on Earth, because on Earth, we all had humanity in common. Out in the galaxy, it will take a great deal longer to find common ground and thus eliminate conflict. But, as for this information, it an echo of my real life, but it had to reflect the current timeframe. On the day of this discussion, I am still missing, but I can't yet remember if they knew where I was or even that I was alive. It was on this day that one of my daughter's was born. The press hints they know about Reagan's grandson, me, and that I am in the military to act as a adviser from the front. Even in my symbolic memory at Microsoft, managers and group managers were giving me hints they knew of that past arrangement between grandfather and grandson. In this discussion, Reagan says that he can't name any names, because he would have to leave out my name. He would have to leave out my name because I am still missing or because it is confidential, or both.

http://www.reagan.utexas.edu/archives/speeches/1986/70286i.htm


President's Close Friends

Q. Besides your good lady, Mr. President, who is a good friend of yours; who is someone that you call up to talk about -- those deep nights of the soul, when you have those kinds of questions? Or do you ever have those?

The President. What?

Q. When you have sort of questions or when you feel introspective -- or perhaps you never do feel introspective. Who do you talk to besides Mrs. Reagan?

The President. Oh, my. Well, first of all, I'm surrounded here by some very remarkable people who made great sacrifices in order to come into government.

Q. Yes, but I mean your best friend. I mean one always has a best friend.

The President. Well, I have to say I'm very blessed with a number of friends, and I'm in frequent contact with many of them. And I don't know if I should go -- if I start throwing names around, then I'm apt to miss one. But, no, I've been very blessed with a circle of friends that are very dear to me, and, as I say, we stay in contact.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 08 August 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 03/13/10 2:05 PM
Two of the last three scenes from a dream just before I awoke just now from a nap are too vague to describe in a lot of detail. In that first scene of the last three I was in a small room that I keep wanting to say was a bus terminal but it must have been a room with seats for, I don't know, about ten people and was a small room but I was vaguely aware of the tile floor and the walls and vaguely some chairs. I was also aware of something about having to be in that room for a long time and I seemed to be weighing the pros and cons of my existence in that room. I was also vaguely aware of the sense that I might have been hoarding food as I was in there. I am also vaguely aware that President Clinton might have also been in there. The second scene of the last three has mostly vanished from my mind by now as I was writing about that first scene. The last scene has me, vaguely, getting out of a car and waking towards a US military building that is the entrance to some kind of US installation and I can visualize the details fairly well and I am walking through the surrounding structures and I am going there to pass through a security checkpoint as though I am entering a US installation. I am vaguely aware of some familiar dialog but that is too vague to describe. I am holding up my identification for the people inside the building and although I cannot see anybody inside, as is probably the design of the building, I get the sense no one is really looking at my identification. I hold it up the entire time I walk around the outside of the building and I even walk to the entrance of that rectangular building and I see that the door is slightly ajar and I hold up my I.D. to that open door and I have the briefest moment where I look through the slightly open door and the inside is dark and I cannot see anything but I have the sense of a presence of a US military person inside at his post in that building. I decide they must have seen my I.D. and I continue walking. As I think about that scene I think to myself that I actually make a circle around that building and I am walking back to the car I came there in. As I walk back I have an image in my mind where I am looking at the text on the back of my I.D. card and the only details I remember is that there is a sections that is labeled "Votes" and the value associated with that caption is in the range of 11 million, 2 hundred thousand but I cannot remember the precise number or what it even means. When I get back to the car though, the people inside are different but I cannot now recall who was in there before and I am left with the vague sense that the difference is simply because the watch has changed, as though they are a different shift and are a different group there at work at their assignment, whatever that is. In the car this are Patrick Stewart at the wheel of what I guess is a black Camaro and next to him is William Shatner. I get into the front seat and I wonder if one of us should get in the back seat because William Shatner is all compressed in the middle and I see his feet as he stuggles to, I don't know. He seems real uncomfortable because of the seating. I notice Patrick Stewart is eating a sandwich. He mentions that he "started a strike" today although that is not his exact dialog but I know what he means because I think that was relevant to the second scene which I do not now recall. I think the dream might have lasted a few more seconds after that dialog but I am not certain. I had the sense that Patrick Stewart was trying to visually identify me as I walked to the car because I was wearing sunglasses. I think I took off the sunglasses as I got into the car. The dialog about the strike has something to do with a labor strike, and I thought that would jog my memory as I write this about that earlier scene but it seems to be completely gone from my memory now. I remember something about how a different term was being used for that strike but I do not now recall what was being used. Since that dialog I have also been wondering if it was actually a reference to that dialog in the 1991 film "Flight of the Intruder" and about how "Grafton" only needed a strike of the match.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 03/13/10 2:27 PM
That last scene in the car also reminds me of that dialog from "Mission To Mars" about the unlikely success of three captains in one ship.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 13 March 2010 excerpt ends]










http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/Stargate:_The_Movie_Transcript

STARGATE WIKI


Stargate: The Movie


HECKLER
Well, who do you think built the pyramids?

[Everyone stays silent, awaiting Daniel's answer.]

DANIEL
I don't have any idea who built them...I mean,

HECKLER
Men from Atlantis? Or Martians perhaps?

[People begin walking out of the room, laughing and scoffing with comments that can be overheard like "what a joke" or "which is the bigger myth?"]

DANIEL
The point is not who built them; the point is when they were built. I mean—we all know new geological evidence dates the Sphinx back to a much earlier period. And knowing this, I think, we have to begin to reevaluate everything we've come to accept about...

[Only one man in the front row remains. He awkwardly stands. Daniel steps off the podium to address him directly.]

DANIEL
I-I mean, I've been able to show a fully developed writing systems appeared in the first two dynasties, you know, which you know, almost as if it was based on an even earlier prototype.

[Catherine backs away. Daniel and the lone remaining man look around the now empty room.]

DANIEL
Is there a lunch or something that everybody...?

EXT—HOTEL ENTRANCE, DAY

[Rain pours down as Daniel, carrying two large suitcases, exits the hotel. He pulls his jacket's hood over his head to provide some protection and tries to cover his one suitcase with his coat. An uniformed man with an umbrella approaches from a car parked just outside the hotel.]

KAWALSKI
Doctor Jackson?

DANIEL
What? Yes?

KAWALSKI
Someone wants to speak with you.

INT—CAR

[Catherine flips through a file, which includes a diploma from UCLA, as the officer continues to talk to Daniel.]

DANIEL
The Air Force? What's this? What is this?

KAWALSKI
Could you step over to the car, please.

[Catherine glances over just as Daniel bends down and squints to look inside, while still several feet away.]

KAWALSKI
Sir?

DANIEL
Am I going somewhere?

[The car driver, also standing with an umbrella just outside the door, opens it for Daniel as he approaches.]

KAWALSKI
You're going to be fine. We'll take care of these.

[He takes Daniel's shoulder bag as Daniel cautiously drops his other suitcase and sits in the car. He warily looks at Catherine. She passes over a photograph of a smiling couple playing with a baby.]

CATHERINE
Jackson, are those your parents?

[Daniel glances from her to the photograph, his motion to lower his hood arrested for a moment.]

DANIEL
Foster parents.

[Catherine replaces the photograph and continues to look at the file.]

DANIEL
Wha-what is this all about?

CATHERINE
A job.

DANIEL
(with a nervous chuckle)
What kind of a job?










http://www.royal.gov.uk/ImagesandBroadcasts/TheQueensChristmasBroadcasts/ChristmasBroadcasts/ChristmasBroadcast2006.aspx

The official website of The British Monarchy

Christmas Broadcast 2006


I have lived long enough to know that things never remain quite the same for very long. One of the things that has not changed all that much for me is the celebration of Christmas. It remains a time when I try to put aside the anxieties of the moment and remember that Christ was born to bring peace and tolerance to a troubled world.

The birth of Jesus naturally turns our thoughts to all new-born children and what the future holds for them. The birth of a baby brings great happiness - but then the business of growing up begins. It is a process that starts within the protection and care of parents and other members of the family - including the older generation. As with any team, there is strength in combination: what grandparent has not wished for the best possible upbringing for their grandchildren or felt an enormous sense of pride at their achievements?

But the pressures of modern life sometimes seem to be weakening the links which have traditionally kept us together as families and communities. As children grow up and develop their own sense of confidence and independence in the ever-changing technological environment, there is always the danger of a real divide opening up between young and old, based on unfamiliarity, ignorance or misunderstanding.

It is worth bearing in mind that all of our faith communities encourage the bridging of that divide. The wisdom and experience of the great religions point to the need to nurture and guide the young, and to encourage respect for the elderly. Christ himself told his disciples to let the children come to him, and Saint Paul reminded parents to be gentle with their children, and children to appreciate their parents. The scriptures and traditions of the other faiths enshrine the same fundamental guidance. It is very easy to concentrate on the differences between the religious fai² €and to forget what they have in common - people of different faiths are bound together by the need to help the younger generation to become considerate and active citizens.

And there is another cause for hope that we can do better in the future at bridging the generation gap. As older people remain more active for longer, the opportunities to look for new ways to bring young and old together are multiplying.

As I look back on these past twelve months, marked in particular for me by the very generous response to my eightieth birthday, I especially value the opportunities I have had to meet young people. I am impressed by their energy and vitality, and by their ambition to learn and to travel.

It makes me wonder what contribution older people can make to help them realise their ambitions. I am reminded of a lady of about my age who was asked by an earnest, little grand-daughter the other day "Granny, can you remember the Stone Age?" Whilst that may be going a bit far, the older generation are able to give a sense of context as well as the wisdom of experience which can be invaluable. Such advice and comfort are probably needed more often than younger people admit or older people recognise. I hope that this is something that all of us, young or old, can reflect on at this special time of year.

For Christians, Christmas marks the birth of our Saviour, but it is also a wonderful occasion to bring the generations together in a shared festival of peace, tolerance and goodwill.

I wish you all a very happy Christmas together.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 08:32 AM Pacific Time somewhere near Seattle Washington USA Tuesday 25 February 2014