Thursday, February 27, 2014

Monaco




I can almost recall a specific moment walking just outside the urban area of downtown Charlotte and someone asking me for a cigarette. I had stopped smoking cigarettes. I cannot now recall that precise location but I can visualize it. I worked on trying to find it on Google Streetview but quite possibly the images of construction that exists in that location now compared to the year 1997, a location I drove through many times and walked through only one time, is confusing me now.

Earlier in that 1997 evening, somehow, Tina Mason had seemed to almost to talk me into smoking a cigarette and that became something of a battle of wills, in my mind now, because I took a cigarette and held it in my lips for many hours that night but I never did light the cigarette.

I still recall the shirt I was wearing that night. I was wearing that same shirt when they videotaped me at that Presentation Skills class at Microsoft in 1999. I can still visualize walking all those miles that night back to Dresden Avenue from downtown Charlotte North Carolina.

So is that the difference now?

Was I a lot more consciously afraid - fearful - because of the knowledge that now exist as memory invisible physically in my brain.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlotte,_North_Carolina


Charlotte, North Carolina

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Charlotte is the largest city in the U.S. state of North Carolina and the seat of Mecklenburg County. In 2012, the estimated population of Charlotte according to the U.S. Census Bureau was 775,202, making it the 17th largest city in the United States based on population. The Charlotte metropolitan area ranks 23rd largest in the US and had a 2012 population of 2,296,569.


Nicknamed the Queen City, Charlotte and its resident county are named in honor of Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz, who had become queen consort of Great Britain the year before the city's founding.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 9/28/2006 11:30 PM

I had that girlfriend in Greenville named Rachel Barnett.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 28 September 2006 excerpt ends]




























- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 10:47 PM Pacific Time somewhere near Seattle Washington USA Thursday 27 February 2014