Saturday, February 22, 2014

Who wants to live forever




1986 film "The Highlander" DVD video:

01:11:05


Heather: I've never really known.

Connor MacLeod: What?

Heather: Why you stayed.

Connor MacLeod: Because I love you as much now as the first day we met.

Heather: And I love you. I don't want to die. I want to stay with you forever.

Connor MacLeod: I want that too.

Heather: Will you do something for me, Connor?

Connor MacLeod: What, lass?

Heather: In the years to come, will you light a candle and remember me on my birthday?

Connor MacLeod: Aye, love. I will.

Heather: I wanted to have your children.

Connor MacLeod: They would have been strong and fine.

Heather: Don't see me, Connor. Let me die in peace. Where are we?

Connor MacLeod: We're in the highlands. Where else?










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: August 31, 2006

I've been thinking for a while that the dreams I have are literal. They are the foreign dreams I used to write, the dreams produced by the manipulators of my thoughts. Don't know what to say about that last one. Jumbled, disturbing, painful. Somebody put in a lot of effort to make me forget those memories, if it is real. There was a scene there straight out the opening of "Saving Private Ryan" except that it seemed to be in the Middle East. And it was something like a pyramid I was running into, and I was by myself and every gun, there were countless guns, was turning towards me. It was sort of like a pyramid I was rushing onto, except that it was elogated, like a castle wall. In another scene, a two-star general or admiral was captured by the enemy. Back in the stretched-pyramid, I was fighting off an attack. Grenades were flying in on me, but I don't recall them going off. Then, I and some of my fellow soldiers seemed to be cleaning the place. A lot of other stuff that is fading from my mind. I feel sad, very sad.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 31 August 2006 excerpt ends]



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 12:27 PM Pacific Time somewhere near Seattle Washington USA Saturday 22 February 2014