Saturday, February 22, 2014

"You see it?"




Earlier I was half-watching the video and also thinking about movie theatres.

I was trying to recall the movies I saw in the theatres back in that beautiful summer of 2004. How I loved Eastern Washington State in the early spring and summer of the year 2004. After living in this damp musty King County of Seattle Washington since December 1998 the roar of real summers was back in the air of Spokane and Coeur d'Alene in 2004 and how I miss those days of jogging along the Coeur d'Alene lake and the days of Ironman Coeur d'Alene 2004 and of my inevitable finish on Sherman Avenue on 27 June 2004.

Those were truly the days. I imagine myself immortal and I imagine myself with years to regain that physical conditioning to my human body and I imagine hopelessly I would become someday bored with that and that seems almost unimaginable to me and I contemplate To Build A Fire and I wonder the boundary of immortality and my humanity.

So I had to think a few minutes: Why did I start off to make this note?

Well, I'm still not sure. I guess it is because of the Spokane Valley Mall.

God, I miss those days when I had that black 2002 Jeep Wrangler to drive around. I tell myself that I don't miss having car but that is just because of several reasons. One is I certainly do not miss purchasing gasoline. Unless I am too much mistaken a gallon of gasoline is at least double what is was back when I last owned a combustion-engine automobile.

All right, I was trying to recall how many movies I saw in the theatres back in the year 2004. I am most certain that at the Spokane Valley Mall back in that beautiful summer of the year 2004 I watched at the Spokane Valley Mall, a place that now brings back a lot of nostalgia for me here in the distance, was "Dawn of the Dead," "The Manchurian Candidate," "I, Robot," "The Village," and I think that was it. Quite possibly "Spider Man 2." That first two are the only ones I feel more certain I saw at Spokane Valley Mall and I fee very certain that is where I saw them. Other titles seem familiar but I think maybe I saw them after first-run. Pretty sure I saw "Spider Man 2" there.

I don't even have cable television anymore so that spin-off of "The Walking Dead" that seems very interesting to me is going to fall on my deaf ears on its premiere date, when ever that is. I anticipate they will release it on DVD sometime after the first season is over so if I ever do watch it then that will be if I purchase a copy of the DVD they sell.

The reason this all seems interesting to me is because I was thinking this morning that the 2010 film "Devil" is the most recent film I have seen in a theatre. I don't think I have been to a movie theatre since that day I sat there after traveling there on metro bus and sat there with the brand-new toaster in my backpack and watched that movie when it premiered in the theatres. I see advertisements for films that are coming up but I have no plans for going to see any new movies in the theatres.











View Larger Map





https://maps.google.com/?ll=47.498508,-122.202693&spn=0.000005,0.004128&t=h&z=19&layer=c&cbll=47.498461,-122.203335&panoid=EDz5SdBl5lo6woVGrMFOnw&cbp=12,349.3,,0,2.77

Google Maps


1021 North 10th Place, Renton, Washington, United States

Address is approximate










2004 film "Dawn of the Dead" DVD video:

00:59:04

Tucker: So, who do we have next?

Steve: Uh, yeah. Burt Reynolds. Tell him, uh, tell him to get Burt Reynolds.

Kenneth: [ chuckles ]


































RED STORM RISING

Tom Clancy


PRINTING HISTORY

G.P. Putnam's Sons hardcover edition / August 1986

Berkley mass-market edition / August 1987


Page 306


"Buffalo, this is Six," the troop commander called in over the command circuit. "Check in."

Mackall listened closely. All eleven vehicles were intact, protected by their deep holes. Again he blessed the engineers - and the German farmers - who had dug the shelters. No further orders were passed. None were needed.

"Enemy in view," the gunner reported.

The thermal sight measured differences in temperature and could penetrate most of the mile of smoke cover. And the wind was on their side. A ten-mile-per-hour breeze was driving the cloud back east. Sergeant First Class Terry Mackall took a deep breath and went to work.

"Target tank, ten o'clock. Sabot. Shoot!"

The gunner trained left and centered the sight reticle on the nearest Soviet battle tank. His thumbs depressed the laser button, and a thin beam of light bounced off the target. The range display came up in his sight: 1310 meters. The fire-control computer plotted target distance and speed, elevating the main gun. The computer measured wind speed and direction, air density and humidity, the temperature of the air, and the tank's own shells, and all the gunner had to do was place the target in the center of his sights. The whole operation took less than two seconds, and the gunner's fingers jammed home on the triggers.

A forty-foot muzzle blast annihilated the shrubs planted two years earlier by some German Boy Scouts. The tank's 105mm gun jerked back in recoil, ejecting the spent aluminum case. The shell came apart in the air, the sabot falling free of the projectile, a 40mm dart made of tungsten and uranium that lanced through the air at almost a mile a second.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1314655/quotes

IMDb


Devil (2010)

Quotes


Ramirez: Everybody believes in him a little bit, even guys like you who pretend they don't.

[Detective Bowden takes out a small folded piece of paper and throws it to Ramirez that reads "Im so sorry"]

Ramirez: What's this?

Detective Bowden: An apology note left at the site of a hit and run. My wife and son were killed out on Bethlaham Pike five years ago, but that's OK, because whoever did it is *sorry*. You can tell by the heartfelt apology on the back of a carwash coupon.

[pause]

Detective Bowden: So no, I don't believe in the Devil. You don't need him



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 09:28 AM Pacific Time somewhere near Seattle Washington USA Saturday 22 February 2014