Thursday, February 27, 2014

The Seventh Sign (1988)




I've had this DVD for years but have never watched before the DVD. Until tonight. I've seen the movie more than once before but I cannot recall the last time I watched it. I am pretty certain I could go back through my journal and find at least one occurrence of when I watched it on television in recent years, perhaps 2007 or 2008. I don't recall when I got that DVD; I probably ordered it through amazon.com so that would be discoverable. No particular reason I am watching now tonight for the first time the DVD. This was just a though that occurred to me after I finished watching the boring 2011 "The Collapsed." You would think "The Collapsed" would have had a sequel by now.


















































JOURNAL ARCHIVE: posted by H.V.O.M at 12:23 PM Monday, August 14, 2006


Scars

Lately I have also started to understand that scars on my body are not what I remember.

There is the scar on my hand that I used to think was from scraping it on concrete one night when I was drunk and could not drive so I had to go through a bad neighborhood while walking to my apartment 7 miles away from the bar I had been at. I have started thinking that the reality is that I was tortured as a POW and the scar is from someone using a power drill on my hand.


When I think of this I think of two scenes from two movies. One is that scene in "Memphis Belle" where the tomato soup container explodes and they wonder who was hit.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 14 August 2006 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 10/27/2006 3:12 PM
After moving from that apartment on Dresden near Sheffield Park and off Independence Boulevard


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 27 October 2006 excerpt ends]



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 7:50 PM Pacific Time somewhere near Seattle Washington USA Thursday 27 February 2014