Wednesday, February 19, 2014

The Time Machine (2002)




So the notion occurs that reality fabricated is balanced by the *real* human beings that exist in reality artificial. As more of that small number drops out and returns to the real reality then for me, still here, the distinction of reality and fantasy, word I rarely use, becomes more distinct to my perception. And the question becomes: how weird does this get?

And I just have this void, this void of loneliness that is fantastic to my perception and that I cannot believe that I cannot reconcile I cannot believe anything could replace that void. Stuff I thought of to write just before I made this post. This section of free text in this sentence of words and the sentences above is thoughts in my mind after I had created the content for this post.

Remember: I haven't told you anything useful, I think just before I am about to post this note.










1994 television miniseries "The Stand" Disc 1 DVD video:

01:15:52


Stu Redman: And you're here to take care of me, is that it?

Dr. Dietz: Hole in one.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 4:10 PM Thursday, July 28, 2011


Spooky.





At the risk of giving away too many personally identifying details, I cannot help but make this following observation. During the 10 AM hour this morning here in Pacific time in Washington State, I was at the grocery store. I had the thought to pick up a bag of Lifesavers candy. I rarely if ever purchase candy but I was thinking about it as I walked to the grocery store and I had thought before, as I was then, about that scene from the 2002 film "Windtalkers." I had no specific reason for purchasing that item in relation to that film "Windtalkers" but I did think about it a great deal among the thousands of details that circulate around in my conscious mind during the day. I would not even note that detail about that Lifesavers candy here in my web log except for one other detail. Somehow, the total bill for the groceries I took to the self-checkout line totaled *precisely* $33.59. That was after tax. I thought about that, especially in the context of observations I have made lately in my web log in the internet, as I left the store and walked back to my apartment and I wondered, as I always wonder about the suspicious behavior of people in that grocery store, if someone in the back office had automatically adjusted the prices on my items so that such a total would be reached. Perhaps. But that becomes less likely the more I think about it. I wasn't consciously calculating a running total of the items I was selecting as I already had decided in my mind before I went in there as to what I would buy. Looking at the receipt, the prices are consistent with what I remember from the shelves where I got the items. I wondered why did that happen today. That happened today and that first time in years and decades since I bought Lifesavers candy.

Of course, according to my time traveler communication theory then that had to happen. I write about it here now in my journal and then it has to happen. Okay, so since everything I record in my journal has to happen then just ten minutes after I post this note, I will get an email telling me where that house is that still belongs to me, which is in this local area, and that I can go there at that very moment if I want to. Since I am now writing this in my journal then that has to happen because that is what I strongly want to happen. A universe time paradox of galactic scale will happen if I do not get that email ten minutes later.










http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/w/windtalkers-script-transcript-wind-talkers.html


Windtalkers


We've got some new radiomen
from headquarters.
Private Whitehorse...
and Yahzee...
and a couple of sergeants...
Enders and Henderson...
who, if I'm understanding
these orders correctly...
will be covering our Navajos' asses.
God damn you, Joe Enders.
...but I'm telling you...
we're going to be stepping into
our share of the shit, nonetheless.
Any questions?
Sounds like you're dying.
These might help get rid of the taste.
Charlie and I both lost it
on the boat ride from San Diego.
Not many bodies of water in Arizona.
Life Savers really helped.
You want a Life Saver?
What are you doing here?
Just trying to help.
Not what I meant.
You mean, what am I doing in this uniform?
It's my war, too, Sergeant.
I'm fighting for my country,
for my land, for my people.
It's not your people I'm worried about.
Listen, Enders, I'm a codetalker.
It takes me two and a half minutes
to do what used to take an hour.
Somebody wearing a lot more stripes
than you thinks that's worth something.
Remind me to time you when you've got
bullets flying over your head.
What the hell is wrong with you?


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 28 July 2011 excerpt ends]


































From 5/12/1991 ( I was the winning race driver at the Monaco Grand Prix ) To 3/4/2002 ( premiere US film "The Time Machine" ) is 3949 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/25/1976 ( premiere US film "Gator" ) is 3949 days



From 3/2/1944 ( premiere US film "With the Marines at Tarawa" ) To 3/4/2002 ( premiere US film "The Time Machine" ) is 21186 days

21186 = 10593 + 10593

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 11/3/1994 ( Susan Smith admits to killing her two children in her car in John D. Long Lake near Union South Carolina and the car had been days earlier discovered by me the known official Chief Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and reported to other officials and in order to maintain investigation of Susan Smith and her co-conspirators that include Microsoft Bill Gates ) is 10593 days



From 6/25/1958 ( premiere US film "The Bravados" ) To 10/25/1994 ( Susan Smith kills her two children and dumps them in her car in the John D. Long Lake near Union South Carolina ) is 13271 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 3/4/2002 ( premiere US film "The Time Machine" ) is 13271 days



[ See also: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2012/08/my-time-machine.html ]
[ See also: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-time-machine-2002.html ]


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0268695/releaseinfo

IMDb


The Time Machine (2002)

Release Info

USA 4 March 2002 (premiere)



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0268695/fullcredits

IMDb


The Time Machine (2002)

Full Cast & Crew


Guy Pearce ... Alexander Hartdegen










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0051433/releaseinfo

IMDb


The Bravados (1958)

Release Info

USA 25 June 1958 (New York City, New York)



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0051433/fullcredits

IMDb


The Bravados (1958)

Full Cast & Crew


Gregory Peck ... Jim Douglass










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0051433/quotes

IMDb


The Bravados (1958)

Quotes


Sheriff Sanchez: Ladies and gentlemen, there's no need for me to tell you - the emergency arose and the man appeared. Mr Douglass, it's not often a man gets to do so much for his neighbors and do it like you did. We want you to know we'll always be grateful... and in our hearts always.

Jim Douglass: Thank you... and in your prayers, please.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 14:16:08 -0800 (PST)

From: "Kerry Burgess"

Subject: Re: Sleep journal 3/6/06

To: "Kerry Burgess"


Kerry Burgess wrote:
I walked down to a lake, but the lake was fenced off. There was a chain link fence surrounding the lake and I could only look at it. The lake looked familar, Greason maybe, but I also recognized some CDA features. Some other stuff happened around the lake I can't quite remember. There were a few people there I didn't know, the people I think of as familiar strangers, they look like they know me but I don't know them.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 6 March 2006 excerpt ends]





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daisy_State_Park


Daisy State Park


Daisy State Park is a state park in southwestern Arkansas administered by the Arkansas Department of Parks. Daisy State Park is located in the foothills of the Ouachita Mountains at the northern end of Lake Greeson










http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/t/time-machine-script-transcript-wells.html


The Time Machine


Don't just sit there! Help her!










http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/famous/smith/unthinkable_2.html

tru TV


By Rachel Pergament

The Letter


Susan Smith released the emergency brake and softly closed the driver's side door. Michael and Alex were asleep in the back seat, strapped into their car seats. As the car drifted into John D. Long Lake, the headlights were on. The car entered the water slowly and did not submerge immediately. Instead, it remained on the surface, bobbing peacefully, while slowly filling with water.

Susan watched the car submerge into the lake. She turned away from the sinking car and began to run toward a small house. The story that Susan would tell would capture the nation's sympathy.










http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/famous/smith/trial_9.html

tru TV


By Rachel Pergament


David Bruck asked Halleck the question that everyone wanted to ask, "Why didn't Susan go into the water?"










http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-99599129.html

HighBeam RESEARCH


Not your father's gator freighter. (Ship Design & Production).

Marine Log


March 1, 2003

Historically, amphibious ships were referred to as "gator freighters," transporting large numbers of Marines and sailors for a short duration to an amphibious assault. But the times have changed. Now, the 21st Century forward presence strategy requires those embarked troops to live aboard ship for six months or more, which changes the whole habitability requirements.

That's why one of the goals in designing the Navy's new 21st century amphibious assault ship, the San Antonio-Class LPD 17, was to improve the quality of life aboard ship. To accomplish this, sailors and Marines were involved early on in the Navy's "Design for Ownership" philosophy Design for Ownership aims to improve quality of life and habitability for the crew, reduce ship and equipment maintenance and improve ship design.

The 12 ships of the San Antonio Class are destined to replace the Navy's three older classes of amphibious assault ships-LPD 4, LSD 36 and LST 1179--that have reached the end of their service lives. A fourth class, the LKA 113, has already been retired. In all, a total of 41 ships will be replaced.

The LPD 17 is a self-contained war machine with over double the vehicle space of the current Austin-class (LPD 4) amphibious transport docks. At 684 ft long, 105 ft wide, and weighing 23,000 tons, the ship is designed to house a Navy crew of 400, as well as transport 705 Marines.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonnell_Douglas_AV-8B_Harrier_II


McDonnell Douglas AV-8B Harrier II

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The McDonnell Douglas (now Boeing) AV-8B Harrier II is a single-engine ground-attack aircraft that constitutes the second generation of the Harrier Jump Jet family. Capable of vertical or short takeoff and landing (V/STOL)


Typically operated from small aircraft carriers, large amphibious assault ships and simple forward operating bases, AV-8Bs have participated in numerous military and humanitarian operations, proving themselves versatile assets.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell_Boeing_V-22_Osprey


Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey is an American multi-mission, military, tiltrotor aircraft with both a vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL), and short takeoff and landing (STOL) capability. It is designed to combine the functionality of a conventional helicopter with the long-range, high-speed cruise performance of a turboprop aircraft.










http://www.brownsvilleherald.com/business/article_80152b3a-e323-5222-8058-bdb583853ca5.html?mode=jqm

BROWNSVILLE

The Herald

Heavy metal: Shipbreaker gets biggest project to date with Navy carrier’s arrival

By STEVE CLARK, The Brownsville Herald Updated Feb 7, 2013

Old soldiers never die, they’re just hauled away and cut into scrap.

The USS Saipan, a 27,000-ton, Tarawa-class amphibious assault ship launched in 1974, arrived at its final destination Wednesday afternoon at the Port of Brownsville as it was nursed into a slip at International Shipbreaking Ltd.

Tugboats towed the 820-foot aircraft carrier, also known as a gator freighter










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0268695/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

The Time Machine (2002)


Jogger: Hey.

Alexander Hartdegen: Hello.

Jogger: Nice suit. Very retro.





http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/22387717

Trove Digitised newspapers and more


Thursday 26 December 1946

The Argus (Melbourne, Vic. : 1848 - 1956)


Electronically Translated Text

Why may this text have mistakes?

How to correct this text?

No corrections yet

King s Message

Better Days Lie Ahead

' London (AAP)

THE Empire showed, the way to the world when the bombs were falling, and it can, by its discipline, endurance, and patience, show the way into peace, said King. George in his Christmas message.

"Better days lie ahead," the King said. "Our task is to mobilise the Christmas spirit and apply its power and heal- ing to our daily life."

The King spoke alone in his study at Sandringham, where a gold microphone was installed. The Queen, the Princesses, and Queen Mary listened to his words through a loud speaker.

Burdens

"The year that is passing has not been easy," said His Majesty. "Statesmen and poli- ticians have been burdened with the resettlement of a world shattered by global war.

"All of us, instead of getting some well-earned relaxation after years of intensive work, have had to put our shoulders to the wheels of industry and agriculture with redoubled vigour.




































http://assets.cyclingforums.com.s3.amazonaws.com/1/1e/1e64c3ef_vbattach3924.jpg
















JOURNAL ARCHIVE: posted by H.V.O.M at 1:16 PM Wednesday, August 31, 2005


Better days

With no end in sight to this ordeal, I like to think back to better days. The good life for me is when I can train for my triathlon and marathon hobby.


Better days.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 31 August 2005 excerpt ends]










http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/litespeed-titanium-is-going-to-mars-12699/

bikeradar

Litespeed Titanium is going to Mars

By Matt Cole, communities editor Thursday, October 4, 2007 12.33pm

When NASA's Mars Science Laboratory [big robot with wheels, to you and me] is launched from Cape Canaveral in 2009 on a mission to analyse rocks, look for water and seek out signs of life on the Red Planet, it'll have a little bit of bicycle technology welded to it.

The Lab will take almost three years to travel the 56 million kilometres to our planetary neighbour and for its arrival NASA has built the landing gear using titanium fabricated by Litespeed - presumably because of its strength to weight properties.

NASA must have been as impressed with Litespeed's titanium as we have been when we've reviewed their bikes...though I can't see us getting the Mars Science Laboratory in for review, so don't hold your breath.










http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie8.html

Star Trek: First Contact [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]


COCHRANE: By God! They're really from another world.

RIKER: And they're going to want to meet the man who flew that warp ship.





http://fanficflightdeck.space-readyroom.de/GenStories/transcript_eyes.html


EYES


Original Air Date: Sunday, 5th Nov 1995


CHAPUT: I was at the ceremony when the 58th received the Montgomery Star for the Battle of the Belt. Allow me to personally congratulate you and offer my deepest thanks.

CWIRKO: Thank you, sir.

CHAPUT: (to Cwirko) You weren't there.










http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/28.htm

The City on the Edge of Forever

Stardate: 3134.0

Original Airdate: Apr 6, 1967


EDITH: If you're a bum, if you can't break off of the booze or whatever it is that makes you a bad risk, then get out. Now I don't pretend to tell you how to find happiness and love when every day is just a struggle to survive, but I do insist that you do survive because the days and the years ahead are worth living for. One day soon man is going to be able to harness incredible energies, maybe even the atom. Energies that could ultimately hurl us to other worlds in some sort of spaceship. And the men that reach out into space will be able to find ways to feed the hungry millions of the world and to cure their diseases. They will be able to find a way to give each man hope and a common future, and those are the days worth living for. Our deserts will bloom. (She continues under the dialogue.)

KIRK: Development of atomic power is years away, and space flight years after that.

SPOCK: Speculation. Gifted insight.

KIRK: I find her most uncommon, Mister Spock.

EDITH: Prepare for tomorrow. Get ready. Don't give up.










http://osbp.nasa.gov/docs/MARS%20OSB_CS55_FINAL_LO=TAGGED.pdf

National Aeronautics and Space Administration

CURIOUSITY AND NASA'S MISSION TO MARS:

A CASE FOR SMALL BUSINESS


Whether it’s the camera system built by Malin Space Science Systems that showed us the first breathtaking images from the landing or Litespeed Bicycles in Tennessee that helped build Curiosity’s titanium suspension arms










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gator_(film)


Gator (film)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gator is a 1976 action film starring and directed by Burt Reynolds. It is a sequel to White Lightning.


Plot summary

Gator McKlusky (Burt Reynolds) had been just released from prison following the events of White Lightning and is living in the Okefenokee Swamp with his father and daughter. Federal agents know that he is still making moonshine










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074564/releaseinfo

IMDb


Gator (1976)

Release Info

USA 25 August 1976 (New York City, New York)










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/T/Time_Machine_The.html


Time Machine The


- But Professor... - No. The answers are all there in the test.
Aren't you forgetting something?
I know. It's something to do with the third differential coefficient.
- Not that, Tonight, - What?
Emma?
- What time is it? - Almost5... 00,
Oh, God.
My proposal for utilizing solar power, rejected,
My concepts for harnessing micro-energy waves, rejected,
The dean suggests that I focus on something that might actually help mankind,
Like his study on the benefits of tobacco consumption










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Carolina


South Carolina

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

South Carolina is a state in the Southeastern United States.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 05:55 AM Pacific Time somewhere near Seattle Washington USA Wednesday 19 February 2014