Wednesday, February 19, 2014

She looks so familiar.




Or reality fabricated gets me again. Truly the ultimate irony for someone who longed so long for privacy.





When was the last time I watched this DVD? I've watched it quite a few times since I received in the mail but I am wondering how many times I have watched it in the past year.

Ah, "The Stand." I had the sudden sense of confidence as Disc 1 began to end and I watched it end, along with my observation everytime about Eric Zimmerman's Ford Bronco, as I observed before in my blog, during the parade scene, that I told them when I became - will become - a time traveler about my experiences in the former Yugoslavia in the 1990s.










































View Larger Map



https://maps.google.com/?ll=47.489441,-122.163141&spn=0.000007,0.008256&t=m&z=18&layer=c&cbll=47.489537,-122.164165&panoid=geD2QaX0hPhYyL6SS40tbw&cbp=12,55.1,,0,-8.16

Google Maps


Union Avenue Northeast, Renton, Washington, United States










http://www.e-reading.org.ua/bookreader.php/80261/King_-_The_Stand.html


Stephen King

The Stand - The Complete & Uncut Edition


Chapter 52


But the image that rose was of a lonely stretch of dirt road in a sea of corn. There was a woman with a gunnysack full of freshly killed chickens. And the weasels came. They darted forward and made snatches at the bag. They could smell the blood—the old blood of sin and the fresh blood of sacrifice. She heard the old woman raise her voice to God, but her tone was weak and whining, a petulant voice, not begging humbly that God’s will be done, whatever her place in that will’s scheme of things might be, but demanding that God save her so she could finish the work… her work… as if she knew the Mind of God and could suborn His will to hers. The weasels grew bolder still; the croker sack began to fray as they twitched and pulled it. Her fingers were too old, too weak. And when the chickens were gone the weasels would still be hungry and they would come for her. Yes. They would—

And then the weasels were scattering, they had run squeaking into the night, leaving the contents of the sack half-devoured, and she thought exultantly: God has saved me after all! Praise His Name! God has saved His good and faithful servant.

Not God, old woman. Me.

In her vision, she turned, fear leaping hotly into her throat with a taste like fresh copper. And there, shouldering its way out of the corn like a ragged silver ghost, was a huge Rocky Mountain timberwolf, its jaws hanging open in a sardonic grin, its eyes burning. There was a beaten silver collar around its thick neck, a thing of handsome, barbarous beauty, and from it dangled a small stone of blackest jet… and in the center was a small red flaw, like an eye. Or a key.

She crossed herself and forked the sign of the evil eye at this dreadful apparition, but its jaws only grinned wider, and between them lolled the naked pink muscle of its tongue.

I’m coming for you, Mother. Not now, but soon. We’ll run you like dogs run deer, I am all the things you think, but I’m more. I’m the magic man. I’m the man who speaks for the latter age. Your own people know me best, Mother. They call me John the Conqueror.

Go! Lave me in the name of the Lord God Almighty!

But she was so terrified! Not for the people around her, which were represented in her dream by the chickens in the sack, but for herself. She was afraid in her soul, afraid for her soul.

Your God has no power over me, Mother. His vessel is weak.

No! Not true! My strength is the strength of ten, I shall mount up with wings as eagles —

But the wolf only grinned and drew closer. She shrank from its breath, which was heavy and savage. This was the terror at noonday and the terror which flieth at midnight, and she was afraid. She was in her extremity of fear. And the wolf, still grinning, began to speak in two voices, asking and then answering itself.

“Who brought water from the rock when we were thirsty? ”

“I did,” the wolf answered in a petulant, half-crowing, half-cowering voice.

“Who saved us when we did faint? ” asked the grinning wolf, its muzzle now only bare inches from her, its breath that of a living abattoir.

“I did,” the wolf whined, drawing closer still, its grinning muzzle full of sharp death, its eyes red and haughty. “Oh fall down and praise my name, I am the bringer of water in the desert, praise my name, I am the good and faithful servant who brings water in the desert, and my name is also the name of my Master —”

The mouth of the wolf opened wide to swallow her.

“… my name,” she muttered. “Praise my name, praise God from whom all blessings flow, praise Him ye creatures here below…”

She raised her head and looked around the room in a kind of stupor. Her Bible had fallen to the floor. There was dawnlight in the eastward-facing window.

“O my Lord!” she cried in a great and quavering voice.

Who brought water from the rock when we were thirsty?

Was that it? Dear God, was that it? Was that why the scales had covered her eyes, making her blind to the things she should know?










Is that a day care nursery or Japanese Internment Camp.

She's getting the Hell out of Dodge though that's for certain.

And no bitch's stopping her.





http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086567/quotes

IMDb


WarGames (1983)

Quotes


Computer Voice: Skybird, this is Dropking with a red dash alpha message in two parts. Break. Break. Stand by to verify.

Captain Jerry Lawson: [grabs red binder] Stand by to copy message.

Computer Voice: Red dash alpha.

1st Lieutenant Steve Phelps: [grabs his red binder] Standing by.

Computer Voice: Romeo. Oscar. November. Charlie. Tango. Tango. Lima. Alpha. Authentication: two, two; zero, zero; four, zero; Delta, Lima.
































See also: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2013/10/gravity.html



JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Friday, October 19, 2007 Posted by H.V.O.M at 7:10 PM


She is wearing a blouse that looks just like a comforter I slept under for a lot of these years I have been deployed from home on this assignment.


http://gallery.phoebe-cates.com/v/current/70466003.jpg.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=1


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 19 October 2007 excerpt ends]





1994 television miniseries "The Stand" Disc 2 DVD video:

00:03:17


Frannie Goldsmith: Here you go. It's a little warm but it's not too bad.





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 7:31 PM FRIDAY, JULY 27, 2007


I also pondered over how she is wearing that silver bracelet and I have on that silver identification band that all the racers wore during the event.


http://www.asiorders.com/view_user_event.asp?EVENTID=3488&ID=8462793&FROM=photos&BIB=878


http://gallery.phoebe-cates.com/v/current/current54.jpg.html


http://gallery.phoebe-cates.com/v/current/current05.jpg.html



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De-Lovely


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 27 July 2007 excerpt ends]










http://www.tv.com/shows/the-outer-limits-1963/the-premonition-21577/trivia/

tv.com


The Outer Limits - Original Season 2 Episode 16

The Premonition

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Jan 09, 1965 on ABC

Quotes


Control Voice: (closing narration) Man is forever solving the most perplexing problems as he ventures every further into the unknown. But where are the outer limits of his ingenuity?











View Larger Map



https://maps.google.com/?ll=46.94493,-119.945555&spn=0.000117,0.132093&t=m&z=14&layer=c&cbll=46.94473,-119.962306&panoid=DIdfefiiNpX8BdplDRJQJg&cbp=12,79.61,,0,-2.53

Google Maps


Vantage Bridge, Washington, United States










http://www.e-reading.org.ua/bookreader.php/80261/King_-_The_Stand.html


Stephen King

The Stand - The Complete & Uncut Edition


Chapter 6

It was late afternoon when Frannie went out back to where her father was patiently weeding the peas and beans. She had been a late child and he was in his sixties now, his white hair coming out from under the baseball cap he always wore. Her mother was in Portland, shopping for white gloves. Fran’s best childhood friend, Amy Lauder, was getting married early next month.

She looked down at her dad’s back for a peaceful moment, just loving him. At this time of day the light took on a special quality that she loved, a timeless quality that belonged only to that most fleeting Maine genus, early summer. She could think of that particular tone of light in the middle of January and—it would make her heart ache fiercely. The light of an early summer afternoon as it slipped toward dark had so many good things wrapped up in it: baseball at the Little League park, where Fred had always played third and batted clean-up; watermelon; first corn; iced tea in chilled glasses; childhood.

Frannie cleared her throat a little. “Need a hand?”

He turned and grinned. “Hello, Fran. Caught me diggin, didn’t you?”

“I guess I did.”

“Is your mother back yet?” He frowned vaguely, and then his face cleared. “No, that’s right, she just went, didn’t she. Sure, pitch a hand if you want to. Just don’t forget to wash up afterward.”

“A lady’s hands proclaim her habits,” Fran mocked lightly and snorted. Peter tried to look disapproving and did a poor job of it.

She got down in the row next to him and began to weed. Sparrows were twittering










http://www.cswap.com/1977/The_Gauntlet/cap/en/2_Parts/a/00_47

The Gauntlet


:47:48
It's both of us, you witless idiot!

:47:51
Haven't you figured that out?

:47:53
Why do you think
you drew this assignment?

:47:56
Because I get the job done!

:47:58
They don't want the job done!

:48:01
They picked you because
you're a drunken bum.

:48:03
And if they bump you off,
not a fucking soul. . .

:48:06
. . .is going to give a rat's ass!

:48:08
You're a nothing.

:48:10
A nobody.










1994 television miniseries "The Stand" Disc 1 DVD video:

01:15:52


Stu Redman: And you're here to take care of me, is that it?

Dr. Dietz: Hole in one.










1994 television miniseries "The Stand" Disc 1 DVD video:

01:15:53


Stu Redman: Why?

Dr. Dietz: Why?










1994 television miniseries "The Stand" Disc 1 DVD video:

01:15:54


Dr. Dietz: Why? Because I've decided










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: July 16, 2006


Later I would realize that regardless of whether I was on the object or not, I was traveling at the same speed and would hit the ground with the same impact. Not sure what this memory represents, although it could be related to studies of physics. I started wondering if it represents a long fall in a disabled aircraft that I improbably survived.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 16 July 2006 excerpt ends]










1994 television miniseries "The Stand" Disc 1 DVD video:

01:15:54


Dr. Dietz: like you doesn't deserve to live.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Opera 2006


Even more weird, is what do the dreams represent where I need to fire a gun but cannot pull the trigger? Was there some situation where I had to make a quickdraw against a hostile? Are those recurring dreams the result of lingering anxiety about how I survived and my opponent did not because I beat him to the draw? I used to have a damn lot of those dreams, so that probably means something.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.e-reading.org.ua/bookreader.php/80261/King_-_The_Stand.html


Stephen King

The Stand - The Complete & Uncut Edition


“Again, for the record, he still tests virus-clean. You figure it out.”










1994 television miniseries "The Stand" Disc 1 DVD video:

01:15:51


Stu Redman: [ startles awake from dream ]

Dr. Dietz: Well, how we feeling, Stu?

Stu Redman: Fine.

Dr. Dietz: Fine. Always fine. Now, just think. All the tests we ran on you and we never found a single immunity factor, not one. Oh, I'm curious. How would you explain it, Stu? Have you been touched by God? [ coughing ] Hmm?










http://www.e-reading.org.ua/bookreader.php/80261/King_-_The_Stand.html


Stephen King

The Stand - The Complete & Uncut Edition


Chapter 14

It was quarter of twelve. Outside the small pillbox window, dark pressed evenly against the glass. Deitz sat alone in the office cubicle, tie pulled down, collar button undone. His feet were up on the anonymous metal desk, and he was holding a microphone. On top of the desk, the reels of an old-fashioned Wollensak tape recorder turned and turned.

“This is Colonel Deitz,” he said. “Located Atlanta facility code PB-2. This is Report 16, subject file Project Blue, subfile Princess/Prince. This report, file, and subfile are Top Secret, classification 2-2-3, eyes only. If you are not classified to receive this material, fuck off, Jack.”

He stopped and let his eyes fall closed for a moment. The tape reels ran on smoothly, undergoing all the correct electrical and magnetic changes.

“Prince gave me one helluva scare tonight,” he said at last. “I won’t go into it; it’ll be in Denninger’s report. That guy will be more than willing to quote chapter and verse.










http://www.e-reading.org.ua/bookreader.php/80261/King_-_The_Stand.html


Stephen King

The Stand - The Complete & Uncut Edition


Chapter 13


“Sorry,” Stu said, smiling. “That’s classified.”

“You shit sonofabitch,” Deitz said with soft wonder.

“Go on. Go on out and tell them they can do their tests.”

He slept better that night than he had since they had brought him here. And he had an extremely vivid dream. He had always dreamed a great deal—his wife had complained about him thrashing and muttering in his sleep—but he had never had a dream like this.

He was standing on a country road, at the precise place where the black hottop gave up to bone-white dirt. A blazing summer sun shone down. On both sides of the road there was green corn, and it stretched away endlessly. There was a sign, but it was dusty and he couldn’t read it. There was the sound of crows, harsh and far away. Closer by, someone was playing an acoustic guitar, fingerpicking it. Vic Palfrey had been a picker, and it was a fine sound.

This is where I ought to get to, Stu thought dimly. Yeah, this is the place, all right.

What was that tune? “Beautiful Zion”? “The Fields of My Father’s Home”? “Sweet Bye and Bye”? Some hymn he remembered from his childhood, something he associated with full immersion and picnic lunches. But he couldn’t remember which one.

Then the music stopped. A cloud came over the sun. He began to be afraid. He began to feel that there was something terrible, something worse than plague, fire, or earthquake. Something was in the corn and it was watching him. Something dark was in the corn.

He looked, and saw two burning red eyes far back in the shadows, far back in the corn. Those eyes filled him with the paralyzed, hopeless horror that the hen feels for the weasel. Him, he thought. The man with no face. Oh dear God. Oh dear God no.

Then the dream was fading and he awoke with feelings of disquiet, dislocation, and relief. He went to the bathroom and then to his window. He looked out at the moon. He went back to bed but it was an hour before he got back to sleep. All that corn, he thought sleepily. Must have been Iowa or Nebraska, maybe northern Kansas. But he had never been in any of those places in his life.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Opera 2006


Something nags at my mind about the sequence of events of the actual strike as described in the book. I am wondering if the reality is also detailed in the movie Flight Of The Intruder. I wonder if I realized I would miss the target so I flew over it, gave the other aircraft time to make their approach, which really would have been just a few seconds of delay, then I did the backflip, and dropped my bombs after Ramon made his pass.



THE WORLD
Israeli General Recounts Risky '81 Raid on Iraq Nuclear Reactor
Mideast: Planners overcame many political and technical challenges, commander says. Even esteemed spy chiefs were opposed to the attack.
NORMAN KEMPSTER; Los Angeles Times; May 30, 2001; A.4;



Iraqi press agency reported there were 9 aircraft
New York Times June 9, 1981 page A-1

At 1837 a formation of nine planes raided the nuclear installation
New York Times June 9, 1981 page A-8 Iraqi press statement


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.cswap.com/1977/The_Gauntlet/cap/en/2_Parts/b/00_15

The Gauntlet


:15:45
-Front desk.
-This is 1 4-A.

:15:48
You have anything like room service
around this joint?

:15:51
I can probably get you something.

:15:53
Maybe you could send your kid out
and pick up some steaks










http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/pinkfloyd/welcometothemachine.html

PINK FLOYD LYRICS

"Welcome To The Machine"


Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
Where have you been? It's alright we know where you've been.
You've been in the pipeline, filling in time,
provided with toys and Scouting for Boys.
You bought a guitar to punish your ma,
And you didn't like school, and you know you're nobody's fool,
So welcome to the machine.
Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
What did you dream? It's alright we told you what to dream.
You dreamed of a big star, he played a mean guitar,
He always ate in the Steak Bar. He loved to drive in his Jaguar.
So welcome to the machine.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/01/11 10:22 PM
For a while my latest plans after I transfer to the empty world that belongs to me is to drive to Metalline Falls Washington, which is just north of Ione WA and Tiger WA and I am going to camp out on the end of that bridge over the river and I am just going to sit there on that bridge and drink beer and grill steaks and hamburgers and have music blaring from loudspeakers at the end of the bridge and I am just going to sit there on that bridge drinking beer for days and days and until I get bored of that and start looking for something else to do.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/01/11 10:26 PM
Was it yesterday that I started thinking about 4/4/2011? I think that was yesterday. I started thinking that is specifically the day when the big trouble will start. I don't know precisely what that will be but it will be obvious. That is the day the zombies appear. After I thought about that specific date for a while I started wondering if that is why I stopped my DOD reports on 17 January 2011 and which I thought was just because I was compelled to stop on that day because it was about civil rights. As it turns out, being turned into a zombie is definitely a violation of a persons civil rights.

I also think to myself of how my sense of urgency in some matters, such as the date 7 November 2010 and 4 December 2010 could again represent my time traveler instincts and about how if that is my second time travel excursion then I would arrive here in that present time with knowledge in my mind of what has actually happened in the future and of which I myself sitting here at my desk has no real specific knowledge of what is going to happen on some future date.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 01 April 2011 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 6:10 PM Saturday, June 25, 2011


Yesterday I started thinking that I will have to survive for months, and maybe over 6 months here behind the lines of the zombie masses while I wait for the day when my mission will be completed here behind the lines.

I might starve to death because I won't have any appetite for food after I make a photographic catalog of the zombie hordes in the first few weeks but I have some ideas on how to cope. What was the name of antacid product I used to like? I remember how effective it was, back in 1992 and 1993 and 1994, because of a time or two I would feel sick for some reason and I "remember" being angry because Tracie cooked steak for dinner and I was looking forward to it but just I sat down at the dinner table at my house in Country Club Estates my stomach started feeling queasy and I blamed her kid for causing me to be, because she was still in diapers, and E. coli and all that but who really knows. Maalox? Mylanta, maybe. I would recognize the product if I saw it and I haven't looked for that liquid product in a very long time. I also think back to the first time I went out to sea in the United States Navy. I was very sick that first time but never again after that.

So I don't know if I am ready to see what I am going to see, but I am as ready as I will ever be. After my first catalog is finished, I will linger somewhere away from the zombie herd, as the all migrate towards downtown Seattle, and then at some in the future after that, I will make my video broadcast from Queen Anne hill overlooking the millions of zombies that are massed - will mass - for some reason in downtown Seattle.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 25 June 2011 excerpt ends]



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 02:48 AM Pacific Time somewhere near Seattle Washington USA Wednesday 19 February 2014