Thursday, March 27, 2014

1bee69a46ba811185c194762abaeae90





























http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/w/wonder-boys-script-transcript-douglas.html


Wonder Boys


Let's try not to think
about that, okay?
- Thank you.
- Mm-hmm.
Feels really good in here.
Yeah, I know.
It's the kind of house...
you like to wake up in
on Christmas morning.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: July 17, 2006


I have also been thinking about something Tracie Rhodes Crooks told me about how cosmetic surgeons can cover up scars.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 17 July 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/11.htm

Dagger Of The Mind

Stardate: 2715.1

Original Airdate: Nov 3, 1966


ADAMS [OC]: Is Doctor Van Gelder all right? And your people, no injuries?

KIRK: No casualties, sir. This man is Doctor Simon Van Gelder?

ADAMS [OC]: Yes, of course. You're certain he's all right? We've been very concerned. In the violent state he's in

KIRK: No harm to him, sir. We thought you might enlighten us as to his condition.

ADAMS [OC]: He'd been doing some experimental work, Captain, an experimental beam we'd hoped might rehabilitate incorrigibles. Van Gelder felt he hadn't the moral right to expose another man to something he hadn't tried on his own person.










http://www.cswap.com/1997/Contact/cap/en/2_Parts/a/00_52

Contact


:52:02
Volume 1 of an Encyclopedia Galactica.

:52:04
Instructions for us
on their colonization procedures.

:52:07
Moses with a few billion
new commandments.

:52:09
How long will it take to decode it?

:52:11
It could take forever.
We really need a primer--










http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/coldplay/talk.html


COLDPLAY


"Talk"

Oh brother I can't, I can't get through
I've been trying hard to reach you, cause I don't know what to do
Oh brother I can't believe it's true
I'm so scared about the future and I wanna talk to you
Oh I wanna talk to you
You can take a picture of something you see
In the future where will I be?
You can climb a ladder up to the sun
Or write a song nobody has sung
Or do something that's never been done

Are you lost or incomplete?
Do you feel like a puzzle, you can't find your missing piece?
Tell me how do you feel?
Well I feel like they're talking in a language I don't speak
And they're talking it to me

So you take a picture of something you see
In the future where will I be?
You can climb a ladder up to the sun
Or a write a song nobody has sung
Or do something that's never been done
Do something that's never been done

So you don't know were you're going, and you wanna talk
And you feel like you're going where you've been before
You tell anyone who'll listen but you feel ignored
Nothing's really making any sense at all










http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/w/wonder-boys-script-transcript-douglas.html


Wonder Boys


- [Sara ]Feeling guilty?

I can't believe you
hung up on me, you dick.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: July 13, 2006


Lynn suggested we go see this movie, I probably wouldn't have gone to see it by myself. I think I know now why I got all teary-eyed at that scene where his youngest daughter runs away from him when they were on the beach.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Patriot_%282000_film%29
Release date June 30, 2000

The Patriot is an American film released in 2000 that was written by Robert Rodat and directed by Roland Emmerich. It is set near Charleston, South Carolina during the American Revolutionary War.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 13 July 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: July 24, 2006


And this movie reminds me again of something Lynn said to me one day in the cafe at the Issaquah office. I had known Lynn for a long time and I thought of her as my best friend. I wondered why she asked me one day, something about the way she asked me, what I would do if I could choose another career. I told her I would be an astronomer. She said something similar to "Oh, because of" and then trailed off.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 24 July 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: August 9, 2006


On the other side of the road from that Costco is where I went face first into the concrete on 2/1/02. There is a wooden bridge there. The crash wouldn't have really hurt anything if it had happened along most of the bridge. It would have been not unlike that spill I took on 12/23/01. And as Lynn and Grace could tell anyone at work, I knew how to avoid serious injuries during a crash and I had discussed with them the proper form. But something was different this time. Just as I had described having those intense dreams about Lynn, where I would wake up and call out her name as though she were actually there in my apartment at Oakwood, I was somehow being conditioned to not wear my helmet. And the fact that I stared at the concrete as I was falling also means something, as I see now I have been trained to make the correct decision in a split-second, and in this sort of experience, my decision making would be almost leisurely in this kind of experience. Maybe that is why I have thought that time seemed to slow down during certain experiences, but yet I felt as though it was only every else around that was moving slow and I could still move at normal speed. Anyway, the crucial element in this is the location where I fell. My wheel flipped around to the side, I have been wondering if I actually hit something, and then I was falling to the side. But before I fell, my tire hit the edge of the pavement. Just as the video of that crash in the Tour de France I saw the other day, my bike flipped up as though I had hit a guard rail. My normal reaction would be to take the hit on my upper arm, but this time I looked square at the concrete. I was fortunate that the first impact point was the helmet I was still wearing, and then the bone above my eye hit the concrete. I would have been seriously injured or killed if I had not been wearing my helmet. Lynn and John took me out to dinner that evening and I felt that she was checking me out to see if I was displaying any symptoms of a serious head injury. I did have a black eye but it was only on the eye lid above my eye.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 09 August 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 11/5/2006 10:18 PM
I don’t remember the name of the event or the city it was in, but I guess it was in 2000 when I went up in the Skagit area for a bicycling event. Grace and Lynn did the 100 kilometer course and I completed the 100 mile course.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 11/5/2006 10:22 PM
I think this was it actually. The Skagit Spring Classic.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 05 November 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 11/25/06 6:27 AM
As soon as I read this part, I remembered that time I was talking with Lynn about a clock tower we had ridden past on our bicycles. I may have sent her in email a link to overhead images of that clock tower.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 25 November 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: posted by H.V.O.M at 9:38 PM Sunday, December 10, 2006


A friend suggested we go to see "The Patriot" when it premiered and I still remember feeling choked up about that scene on the beach where his youngest daughter runs away from him or wouldn't talk to him, whichever it was. I think that is straight out of something from my real life


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 10 December 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 10:40 PM Friday, July 08, 2011


United States Marine Corps Warrant Officer Matthew Kline





I paused the video at the point of the dialog about the birth certificate. I sat here afterwards watching the video afterwards and wondering about how the "unpaid intern" dialog conforms to my theory about my time travel communications, because I was certain, as I sat here watching it, that I was not going to pause the video to reference that dialog. But now here now here I am.

The scar on my left hand is a bullet scar. I had to dig out the bullet with a small screwdriver I had in my pocket. Somebody, I think often was my brother, asked me why I did that with the screwdriver because that screwdriver probably caused more problems, since it was non-sterile, than just leaving the bullet in my hand and waiting for proper medical treatment.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 08 July 2011 excerpt ends]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0185014/quotes

IMDb


Wonder Boys (2000)

Quotes


James Leer: Now, that is a big trunk. It holds a tuba, a suitcase, a dead dog, and a garment bag almost perfectly.

Grady Tripp: That's just what they used to say in the ads.





http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/H/Heat_1995.html


Heat


Are you a monk?
I have a woman.
What do you tell her?
I tell her I'm a salesman.
So, if you spot me coming|around that corner...
...you'll just walk out on her?
Not say good-bye?
That's the discipline.
That's pretty vacant.
It is what it is.
It's that, or we both better go|do something else.
I don't know how to do anything else.
Neither do I.
I don't want to either.
Neither do I.
You know, I have this recurring dream.
I'm sitting at this big banquet table and...
...all the victims of all the murders|I ever worked are there...
...and they're staring at me|with these black eyeballs...
...because they got eight-ball hemorrhages|from the head wounds.
And there they are,|these big balloon people...
...because I found them two weeks|after they'd been under the bed.
The neighbors reported the smell...
...and there they are...
...all just sitting there.
What do they say?
Nothing.
No talk?
They have nothing to say.
We just look at each other.
They look at me...
...and that's it. That's the dream.
I have one where I'm drowning.





http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/w/wonder-boys-script-transcript-douglas.html


Wonder Boys


- I'll meet you two at the car.
- Oh, I see.
All right. Well, give me
the keys to the trunk.
I gotta get my property
out of there.
The trunk's a little sticky,
Crabs. I gotta do it.
Whatever.





http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/w/wonder-boys-script-transcript-douglas.html


Wonder Boys


- Let him crash at my house.
- Where should I put him?
In the shape that he's in,
you could stand him up...
in the garage next to the snow
shovels, and he'd be all right.
Grady, if you
wanna talk later...
I'll be up.
Hey, guy! Tripp, the trunk.
You're killing me.
- I'm gonna get it!
- Killin' me!





http://movie.subtitlr.com/subtitle/show/480113


Courage Under Fire (1996)


Now,...
..losing a man like your friend Boylar,...
..I've been there.
Well, this...
..whole mess...
It's my ass on the line right there beside yours.
I can feeI the chill in the air as well as you can.
Yes, sir.
And I know about the drinking.
And if I have to write you up





http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/w/wonder-boys-script-transcript-douglas.html


Wonder Boys


Somewhere in the night
a Manhattan book editor...
was prowling
the streets of Pittsburgh...
best-selling author
at his side...
dead dog in his trunk.
Say, Prof. Tripp.





http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/w/wonder-boys-script-transcript-douglas.html


Wonder Boys


It's not that.
Just reminded me
of what's in the car.
In the trunk?
Oh, right, right.
Let's try not to think
about that, okay?
- Thank you.
- Mm-hmm.





http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0185014/quotes

IMDb


Wonder Boys (2000)

Quotes


Grady Tripp: [Narrating] So there it was. Somewhere in the night, a Manhattan book editor was prowling the streets of Pittsburgh; best-selling author at his side, dead dog in his trunk.





http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0227984/quotes

IMDb


Formula 51 (2001)

Quotes


Felix: Ah, shit! I meant to take care of him, not fuckin' take care of him!










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 5:33 PM Pacific Time Seattle USA Sunday 03 March 2013 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2013/03/us-and-them.html


From: Kerry Burgess
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2012 7:24 AM
To: 'Chad Trammell'
Subject: Chief of Staff


I just remember the year 2000 as being terribly depressed.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 03 March 2013 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 01:47 AM Pacific Time Seattle USA Monday 10 June 2013 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2013/06/george-bush-and-national-institutes-of.html



And, see, when I saw that movie "Wonder Boys" when it premiered in the theatres in the year 2000 that scene of him wearing the bath robe made me think specifically of Tracie. And I never would have gone to see that movie by myself. A friend at work suggested it, just the same way she suggested we go to see "Black Hawk Down," which I also am doubtful I would have gone to see in the theatre if not for her suggestion. As for "Wonder Boys," I thought it was great. I have the DVD for it and I have watched it at least once and I still think it's funny. I never would have seen that if that co-worker at Microsoft had not suggested it, same probably with the 2000 film "The Patriot." She suggested that one also and I am not certain I would have gone to see it in the theatre.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 10 June 2013 excerpt ends]










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/P/Patriot.html

Patriot


She spoke. Susan talked to you?
In full sentences.
As if she'd been speaking all along.
Damn, I wasn't there for it.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 14:16:08 -0800 (PST)

From: "Kerry Burgess"

Subject: Re: Sleep journal 3/6/06

To: "Kerry Burgess"


Kerry Burgess wrote:
I walked down to a lake, but the lake was fenced off. There was a chain link fence surrounding the lake and I could only look at it. The lake looked familar, Greason maybe, but I also recognized some CDA features. Some other stuff happened around the lake I can't quite remember. There were a few people there I didn't know, the people I think of as familiar strangers, they look like they know me but I don't know them.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 6 March 2006 excerpt ends]





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daisy_State_Park


Daisy State Park


Daisy State Park is a state park in southwestern Arkansas administered by the Arkansas Department of Parks. Daisy State Park is located in the foothills of the Ouachita Mountains at the northern end of Lake Greeson










http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/w/wonder-boys-script-transcript-douglas.html


Wonder Boys


Why is your car over there?
And who's that sitting in it?
-James Leer.
- What's he doing here?
I'm sort of helping him
through some issues.
Isn't he lucky?










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 09/09/07 1:37 PM
I have several "memories" about that place she worked. I can probably find it on the map of Greenville, SC, if I thought about it long enough. I "remember" one time I went in there to see Racheal but she wasn't there and I was disappointed. I can "remember" it clearly because I was wearing a yellow tie and my brown bomber's jacket and I "remember" thinking I probably looked out of place.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 09 September 2007 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 10/31/07 5:59 AM
That setting is also reminding me of that photo of Racheal I had on the instrument panel of my red 1990 Mazda RX-7. There are some details there about me - or she - worrying that someone would see a photo of her in my car, considering that we were seeing each other secretly.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 31 October 2007 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 9/18/2006 2:18 PM
This reminds me of the last time I called the police for assistance. It was because I noticed something familiar about that Tacoma Mall terrorist. I can’t remember the date I was talking to the Seattle police but I think it was shortly after I arrived in the gulag at Pioneer Square. I remember standing there in front of the patrol car camera pointed at me as I told the police patrolman that I had suspicions that the vagrants in the area thought I was an informant. I think I wrote some of that in my journal, but that may have been the period when I was avoiding computer access. The part that stands out in my mind is that he immediately dismissed my suspicions and said that he didn’t think anyone thought I was an informant. Then, as usual, they dumped me off at the hospital. I don’t even remember them asking me any substantive questions. That was the time the paramedic told me I had high-blood pressure as I was waiting in the ER while strapped on the gurney.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_force


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 18 September 2006 excerpt ends]



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 9:51 PM Pacific Time somewhere near Seattle Washington USA Thursday 27 March 2014