Saturday, March 15, 2014

What strikes me most.





























http://www.chakoteya.net/Enterprise/44.htm

The Crossing

Original Airdate: Apr 02, 2003


TUCKER: What's going on, Doc?

PHLOX: Just breathe deeply. You'll be fine.

TUCKER: I was just at a barbecue.

PHLOX: In through the nose, out through the mouth.

TUCKER: I've never seen so many ribs.





http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/B/Behind_Enemy_Lines_2001.html


Behind Enemy Lines


What's going on? He's down.
He been shot?
They're almost on him.
Son of a bitch.
- Why isn't he moving? - Come on, Burnett, move.
(Reigart) They're right on him!
What are they doing?





http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/U/US_Marshals.html

US Marshals [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]


They found the 2 that fell|from the plane.
That Chinese fellow dropped in some|poor old boy's roof and into the bath.
-Looks like a bowl of gumbo with ribs--|-I get the picture, Sheriff.










http://www.deseretnews.com/top/103/3/My-opponents-youth-and-inexperience-Ronald-Reagans-10-best-quotes.html


Deseret News


Ronald Reagan's 10 best quotes


By Michael De Groote, Deseret News

Published: Monday, Feb. 7 2011 10:25 a.m. MST


#8 My opponent's youth and inexperience

"I want you to know that also I will not make age an issue of this campaign. I am not going to exploit, for political purposes, my opponent's youth and inexperience."

October 21, 1984: In the second presidential debate with candidate Walter Mondale, Reagan was grilled over his age by Henry "Hank" Trewhitt of the Baltimore Sun. "You already are the oldest President in history, and some of your staff say you were tired after your most recent encounter with Mr. Mondale. I recall, yes, that President Kennedy, who had to go for days on end with very little sleep during the Cuba missile crisis. Is there any doubt in your mind that you would be able to function in such circumstances?" Reagan replied, "Not at all, Mr. Trewhitt and I want you to know that also I will not make age an issue of this campaign. I am not going to exploit for political purposes my opponent's youth and inexperience."





















































































http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/P/Patriot.html

Patriot


I'm not an orator.
And I would not try to convince you of the worthiness of our cause.
I'm a soldier.
And we are at war.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: posted by H.V.O.M at 9:56 PM Monday, March 05, 2007


Space shuttle flight STS-93

I wrote earlier about how STS-82 and USS Lassen DDG-82 might have been scheduled to reflect parts of my career in the U.S. Navy, especially my graduation from the U.S. Naval Academy in 1982, or so goes the theory.

I wrote about the namesake of USS Lassen DDG-82 and of details I found about the Medal Of Honor he received for heroism observed on 6/19/68. I assume that if the ship DDG-82 was scheduled to reflect details of my career, then something about Leiutenant Lassen himself might also hold clues about my U.S. Navy career.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 05 March 2007 excerpt ends]










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/P/Patriot.html

Patriot


[ FIRST LINES ]


I have long feared...
...that my sins would return to visit me.
And the cost is more than I can bear.
Samuel! A postrider!





http://www.siouxlandchamber.com/flight-232-memorial.html


Siouxland Chamber of Commerce


Things To Do & See > Local Attractions > Flight 232 Memorial


Flight 232 Memorial

Commemorating the heroic rescue efforts shown by the Sioux City community after the crash of United Flight 232 in 1989, this statue depicts Colonel Dennis Nielsen carrying a young child to safety. The memorial is part of Sioux City's riverfront development located near the Anderson Dance Pavilion.

The memorial features contemplative areas and a tree-lined approach with plaques narrating the tragic event.





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_of_the_Armies

General of the Armies

General of the Armies and General of the Armies of the United States are the highest possible ranks in the United States Army.


After World War II, which saw the introduction of U.S. "5-star" officers who outranked Washington, both Congress and the President revisited the issue of Washington's rank. To maintain George Washington's proper position as the first Commanding General of the United States Army, he was appointed, posthumously, to the grade of General of the Armies of the United States by congressional joint resolution Public Law 94-479 January 19, 1976, approved by President Gerald R. Ford on October 11, 1976. The law established the grade as having "rank and precedence over all other grades of the Army, past or present,"clearly making it superior to General of the Army. The Department of the Army Order 31-3, issued on March 13, 1978 had an effective appointment date of July 4, 1976. The rank ensures that no United States military officer outranks George Washington










From 7/14/1942 ( premiere US film "The Pride of the Yankees" ) To 6/27/2000 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - premiere US film "The Patriot" ) is 21168 days

21168 = 10584 + 10584

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 10/25/1994 ( Susan Smith kills her two children and dumps them in her car in the John D. Long Lake near Union South Carolina ) is 10584 days



[ See also: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2012/04/you-have-today-again-significantly.html ]


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0187393/releaseinfo

IMDb


The Patriot (2000)

Release Info

USA 27 June 2000 (premiere)











JOURNAL ARCHIVE: posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 5:33 PM Pacific Time Seattle USA Sunday 03 March 2013 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2013/03/us-and-them.html


From: Kerry Burgess
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2012 7:24 AM
To: 'Chad Trammell'
Subject: Chief of Staff


I just remember the year 2000 as being terribly depressed.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 03 March 2013 excerpt ends]



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 06:38 AM Pacific Time somewhere near Seattle Washington USA Saturday 15 March 2014