Thursday, March 27, 2014

Watermark





























http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/w/wonder-boys-script-transcript-douglas.html


Wonder Boys


Look, Tripp, I don't wanna
depreciate the loss here...
but maybe, you know,
in a sense, it's for the best.
You suggesting
it 's some kind of sign?
- In a sense.
- In my experience...
signs are usually
a little more subtle.
Let me get this straight. All that
paper that blew away back there...
that was the only copy?
I'm afraid so, yes.
And you, you're saying
that it's some kind of a sign?
Man, what in the fuck
the matter with you?
Don't.
All I'm saying is that
sometimes, subconsciously...
a person will put themselves
in a situation...
perhaps even create
that situation...
in order to have an arena in which
to work out an unresolved issue.
It's a covert way, if you will,
of addressing a problem.
I'll tell you
the problem.
You behind the wheel,
there's your problem.
Did you or did you not
have a gun to his head?
- Watch the road, please.
- He was trying to steal my car.
Did you or did you not
have a gun to his head?
- [ Arguing ]
- All right! All right!
That's enough!
That is enough!
What is done is done! I don't
wanna hear about it anymore, okay?
So what was it about,
your book?
What was the story?
I don't know.
What he means is...
it's difficult to distill
the essence of a book sometimes...
because it lives in the mind.
[ Vernon ]But you got to know
what it was about, right?
If you didn't know what it
was about, why were you writing it?
I couldn't stop.
[Bell Chiming]
[ Tires Screeching ]
Vernon, can I
ask you a question?
Boy or girl?
[ Giggles ]
As long as it looks like her...
- I really don't care.
- You--
You know what I'm saying?
Yeah.
- Thanks for the ride, Vernon.
-Anytime.
-And another thing.
- Yeah?
- Stop calling me Vernon.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 11:48 PM Pacific Time somewhere near Seattle Washington USA Thursday 27 March 2014