Thursday, March 20, 2014

"When I was home after my first tour, it was worse."




Well, looking at Google Maps Streetview I feel fairly certain I would not be able to see it if I walked down there now. For one thing, there is a big sign on the other side of the street that usually catches my sight when I get to the point I might be able to see it. I can think of a lot of reasons why I would not see it unless I walked maybe a hundred yards closer to it. Houses and trees on that side of the street probably obscure the line of sight to it.

And in other news, Yes, Virginia, the 2/20/2000 episode "Missionary: Impossible" from "The Simpsons" is very compelling and I did a lot of work on it, "Jeebus" and you can tell that to "Burgess Ticket" but I can tell already that I am distracted by other stuff and that will probably just go into the bucket and who knows if I will ever get back to it.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078788/quotes

IMDb


Apocalypse Now (1979)

Quotes


Kurtz: I've seen horrors... horrors that you've seen. But you have no right to call me a murderer. You have a right to kill me. You have a right to do that... but you have no right to judge me. It's impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means. Horror... Horror has a face... and you must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not, then they are enemies to be feared. They are truly enemies! I remember when I was with Special Forces... seems a thousand centuries ago. We went into a camp to inoculate some children. We left the camp after we had inoculated the children for polio, and this old man came running after us and he was crying. He couldn't see. We went back there, and they had come and hacked off every inoculated arm. There they were in a pile. A pile of little arms. And I remember... I... I... I cried, I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out; I didn't know what I wanted to do! And I want to remember it. I never want to forget it... I never want to forget. And then I realized... like I was shot... like I was shot with a diamond... a diamond bullet right through my forehead. And I thought, my God... the genius of that! The genius! The will to do that! Perfect, genuine, complete, crystalline, pure. And then I realized they were stronger than we, because they could stand that these were not monsters, these were men... trained cadres. These men who fought with their hearts, who had families, who had children, who were filled with love... but they had the strength... the strength... to do that. If I had ten divisions of those men, our troubles here would be over very quickly. You have to have men who are moral... and at the same time who are able to utilize their primordial instincts to kill without feeling... without passion... without judgment... without judgment! Because it's judgment that defeats us.










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=84498


George W. Bush [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]


Remarks Following a Briefing on the Security Situation in Afghanistan

October 1, 2008


There's difficulties, of course, because killers can't stand this progress. And the general's job is to work with, obviously










From 12/20/1994 ( in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my United States Navy Cross medal date of record ) To 10/1/2008 ( the George Walker Bush remarks as scheduled severe criminal activity by George Walker Bush violently against the United States of America ) is 5034 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/15/1979 ( premiere US film "Apocalypse Now" ) is 5034 days



From 5/3/1958 ( premiere US film "Stakeout on Dope Street" ) To 10/1/2008 ( the George Walker Bush remarks as scheduled severe criminal activity by George Walker Bush violently against the United States of America ) is 18414 days

18414 = 9207 + 9207

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/17/1991 ( the date of record of my United States Navy Medal of Honor as Kerry Wayne Burgess chief warrant officer United States Marine Corps circa 1991 ) is 9207 days



From 5/3/1958 ( premiere US film "Stakeout on Dope Street" ) To 10/1/2008 ( the George Walker Bush remarks as scheduled severe criminal activity by George Walker Bush violently against the United States of America ) is 18414 days

18414 = 9207 + 9207

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/17/1991 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - the Persian Gulf War begins as scheduled severe criminal activity against the United States of America ) is 9207 days



From 5/30/1952 ( premiere US film "Apache Country" ) To 10/1/2008 ( the George Walker Bush remarks as scheduled severe criminal activity by George Walker Bush violently against the United States of America ) is 20578 days

20578 = 10289 + 10289

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/3/1994 ( premiere US TV series "The Good Life" ) is 10289 days



From 12/25/1971 ( George Walker Bush the purveyor of illegal drugs strictly for his personal profit including the trafficking of massive amounts of cocaine into the United States confined to federal prison in Mexico for illegally smuggling narcotics in Mexico ) To 10/1/2008 ( the George Walker Bush remarks as scheduled severe criminal activity by George Walker Bush violently against the United States of America ) is 13430 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/10/2002 ( premiere US film "Class President" ) is 13430 days





http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=84498


George W. Bush [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]


Remarks Following a Briefing on the Security Situation in Afghanistan

October 1, 2008

I want to thank General McKiernan for giving me a briefing on Afghanistan.

Economic Stabilization Legislation

Before I talk about our visit, I do want to say this: I appreciate Senator Harry Reid's leadership in the United States Senate when it comes to the financial rescue plan. I also appreciate Mitch McConnell's leadership as well. The Senate will be voting on a very important measure tonight. It's a--the rescue plan--the bill has been improved by raising--well, by other things, raising--temporarily raising the cap of--on FDIC insurance.

It's very important for Members to take this bill very seriously. It's important to get credit flowing again so that small businesses in our communities will be able to finance their operations, so that local municipalities will be able to get the money they need to take care of the needs of local citizens, so that States will be able to meet their needs.

It's very important for us to pass this piece of legislation so as to stabilize the situation, so that it doesn't get worse and that our fellow citizens lose wealth and work.

The Senate is going to take this bill up tonight. I'm hopeful they'll pass it, and then the House will have a chance to vote on it Friday morning. As I say, the bill is different, it's been improved, and I'm confident it will pass.

Situation in Afghanistan

General, thank you for coming. I appreciate your service to the country. General McKiernan is briefing me on the situation in Afghanistan, what he is going to need to make sure that we continue helping this young democracy succeed.

Obviously, this is a situation where there's been progress, and there are difficulties. There's been progress when you consider the fact that millions of young girls go to school that didn't have a chance to go to school before in Afghanistan. That's incredible progress. There's progress when you realize that health care needs are being met for the first time in--around Afghanistan. There's progress when there are roads being built so farmers can get product to market. That's progress.

There's difficulties, of course, because killers can't stand this progress. And the general's job is to work with, obviously, not only our troops but the thousands of troops from NATO countries there to provide the security so the progress continues. And there's been some tough fighting, and we honor our American troops who have sacrificed so that Afghanistan never becomes a safe haven again for extremists who would harm our citizens.

We talked about the comprehensive strategy necessary to succeed. I've announced more troops for Afghanistan, and the general, of course, is continuing to assess his needs. But we also must make sure there's a civilian component that runs alongside our military, that there's good governance, and that there's aid programs that are effective and focused on the people of Afghanistan, and that the infrastructure progress continues to be made.

And so I want to thank you for your service; thank you for your candid briefing, General. I want to thank your family as well as all the other families who are standing by the--those who wear the uniform, as this Nation continues to defend her own security and defend young democracies.

General, you and your troops are laying the foundation for peace. You're making a sacrifice today so that future generations of Americans don't have to worry about harm coming from a place like Afghanistan, and future generations of Afghans can grow up in a hopeful society. And I'm proud to be your Commander in Chief.

Note: The President spoke at 3:01 p.m. in the Oval Office at the White House. In his remarks, he referred to Gen. David D. McKiernan, USA, commander, NATO International Security Assistance Force, Afghanistan. He also referred to H.R. 1424.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078788/releaseinfo

IMDb


Apocalypse Now (1979)

Release Info

USA 15 August 1979



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078788/fullcredits

IMDb


Apocalypse Now (1979)

Full Cast & Crew


Martin Sheen ... Captain Benjamin L. Willard











View Larger Map



https://maps.google.com/?ll=47.657121,-117.221653&spn=0.000029,0.033023&t=h&z=16&layer=c&cbll=47.657124,-117.233492&panoid=Du0D0_5sWp0zlKwsJHuviw&cbp=12,65.48,,0,-10.88

Google Maps


12799 East Sprague Avenue, Spokane Valley, Washington, United States

Address is approximate










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0377659/releaseinfo

IMDb


Class President (2002)

Release Info

USA 10 August 2002 (Oscar Micheaux Film Festival)










http://livedash.ark.com/transcript/navy_seals/7038/SPIKEP/Saturday_March_13_2010/225399/

ark tv


Navy SEALS


00:48:22 All that and a paycheck, too?
00:48:26 A very small one.
00:48:27 These guys, they don't do it for money.
00:48:31 What?
00:48:32 They don't do it for money.
00:48:34 Why do they do it?
00:48:36 I guess we're all trying to prove something to ourselves.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tall_Man_(Phantasm)


Tall Man (Phantasm)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Tall Man is a fictional character and main antagonist of the Phantasm series of horror films.


Fictional character biography

Originally, the Tall Man was a mild-mannered 19th century mortician by the name of Jebediah Morningside. After years of performing funerals and burying the bodies of those who had died, he began to develop a fascination with any possible connection between our world and the world of the dead. Jebediah's research eventually led him to construct a machine that enabled him to travel through time and space. After going through the portal for the first time, travelling to a destination unknown, he promptly returned, irrevocably changed and henceforth known as the Tall Man.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 09:04 AM Pacific Time somewhere near Seattle Washington USA Thursday 20 March 2014