Thursday, March 27, 2014

λ-calculus





























http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/w/wonder-boys-script-transcript-douglas.html


Wonder Boys


You all right, James?
Oh. I'm sorry,
Prof. Tripp.
Maybe it's...
seeing that jacket
that belonged to her.
It just looks
really lonely...
hanging there
in a closet.
Maybe I'm just
a little sad tonight.
I'm a little
sad tonight too, James.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Annapolis 2006


I had this crazy idea that I have been up in the Space Shuttle. It makes sense. There was that time with Tracie at 6 Flags in Atlanta.

There was that brown leather jacket I used to love to wear, they were fashionably called bomber jackets.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 01/02/08 11:03 AM
I suddenly remembered that I dreamed last night of wearing that brown leather jacket I bought a few years ago. I really liked that jacket. It had a gold liner that I thought was neat. I didn't wear the jacket very often though. For one reason, I didn't want to wear it in the rain because I didn't get that protection for it that would prevent it from changing colors from the rain. I think I bought it in 2002, but it might have been in 2001. I remember I bought it at the mall in Bellevue but I am not certain if I was still living in Bellevue at the time.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 02 January 2008 excerpt end]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 01/30/08 11:41 PM
I think I also remembered details about how Phoebe was given the news that I was still alive in 1987 but no details really became clear in my mind. I am not certain when I was having these thoughts, as well as what I just wrote above. It might have been today or yesterday. I am not certain if it was before I went to sleep this morning or after I woke up later in the day.

I was thinking about how Phoebe might have been in that structure I lived at behind my father's house and he came in there to talk to her. She went in there and was sitting in there holding a leather jacket I owned and crying. He wanted to tell her about 1976 but just told her that he believed I was still alive even though he was cautious about creating false hope for her. He told her that I had been missing before, without giving away too many details, and told her that I had turned up alive then too when it seemed certain that I was dead. I think this happened after the funeral in November 1986. I wonder if that scene with Te'a Leoni in "Deep Impact" where she is sitting in the rain after her mother died is connected to those events in 1986.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 01/30/08 11:47 PM
She was inconsolable and I have been thinking she moved back to live with her mother until I turned up alive in May 1987. I wish I could remember how she found out I was alive.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 30 January 2008 excerpt end]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 9:19 PM Pacific Time USA Monday 25 June 2012 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2012/06/now-i-remember.html


Now I remember.





I haven't even resumed watching the DVD. I still have it paused, on the television screen in front of me, of "Joe Hallenbeck" and "Jimmy Dix" as they sit in the police station. I have had the DVD paused at that point for so long I cannot now recall offhand the details about why they are sitting there.

But suddenly I recalled as I walked back into the living room and I saw them sitting there in that scene paused from the DVD and I recalled that during that scene they were talking about the leather pants "Jimmy Dix" was wearing. That was the reason I paused the DVD. Why the matters does not matter really at all.

What that reminded me of is a time, was that 2002?, I think is. Must have been.

The way I recall it, I had recently purchased a new leather jacket from that big mall in downtown Bellevue. I remember something creepy the guy behind me in the line at the checkout said.

For some reason, I had decided to go out and purchase a new jacket, which I did not really need, and I decided on a really cool brown leather jacket. The jacket had a really cool inner liner that I liked and I so rarely go out and make that kind of purchase and even now, having done without for so long, can I really understand why I bought that jacket. Especially because even back then I rarely made such purchases.

So anyway, the real point of this note is because of something that happened, as I recall, and that I think I have thought about before in recent terms, in the elevator at that Microsoft facility I worked at in Issaquah Washington State at the south end of Lake Washington with Redmond Washington at the other end.

I thought I would be able to remember the name of that guy who, I think was standing there with Bill Bevan, asked me about that new leather jacket I was wearing and he asked me, seemingly surprised at my response of how much it cost, after I told him four hundred dollars. I didn't really even know the guy so that was puzzling.

I thought I could find references to him in my journal but now I cannot find those references. I cannot recall his name. I wanted to find that because I feel certain, as I had thought before that he died on 3 March 2003. As I recall, he died of head trauma, an euphemism for someone Corbis Microsoft Bill Gates kills with a hammer blow to the head. Maybe they shot him in the head. I don't know. I read about it somewhere.

I cannot even recall his name. Tram? Wasn't he born in Vietnam and raised in the United States? I can't recall. I do recall for certain he was the one who asked me how much that jacket cost. I had thought about it again earlier tonight when I was watching the racketeering production the 2000 film "Mission to Mars" and the pilots and flight crew officers wore brown leather jackets in that film.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 25 June 2012 excerpt end]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 03/29/08 8:39 PM
I can still almost visualize the dream and it was almost "SimCity"-ish in the visualization details but not yet. I can remember that I did not realize I was on an island until some screen, it seems in retrospect, I was looking at was zoomed outward and I saw there was a great deal of water around a fairly small island I was on. I ponder over construction details and development of real estate and so on and that is what makes me think of "Sim City" along with the vivid colors in the dream, especially the blue water. At one point, I remember thinking to myself that I was going to take a boat, or a ship, and go to work at Microsoft, which was a ways off on some other shore.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 03/29/08 8:49 PM
There were a lot of detail that I cannot articulate because I don't understand what it means. At one point, I seemed to be sitting in a park I don't recognize and there was a naked woman nearby and I was thinking to myself that I am married and she was not my wife so nothing was going to happen with her. Something like that. That could have been Phoebe's mother but I am not certain. She could have been a woman I dated before Phoebe and I got married.

At another point, I was walking along a sidewalk after leaving that park and I didn't recognize the location but there seemed to be someone, an older couple couple, that I passed by and the man pointed out to the woman the jacket I was carrying. The jacket varies, as I ponder the dream, between the blue Air Force jacket that "Doug Masters" wore in "Iron Eagle," with the blue outer shell and the orange inner lining, and that expensive, heavy, brown leather jacket with the gold liner I bought a few years back when I was at Microsoft. I remember thinking to myself that the man had pointed out that jacket to the woman and that seemed important.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 29 March 2008 excerpt end]










http://www.cswap.com/1998/Armageddon/cap/en/25fps/a/00_06

Armageddon


:06:59

Yes ?
- I want to go shopping.

:07:03
Me, too










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 22:32:30 -0800 (PST)

From: "Kerry Burgess"

Subject: Re: Every one that flatters thee

To: "Kerry Burgess"


Kerry Burgess wrote:
http://www.online-literature.com/short.php/333


He that is thy friend indeed,
He will help thee in thy need:
If thou sorrow, he will weep;
If thou wake, he cannot sleep;
Thus of every grief in heart
He with thee doth bear a part.
These are certain signs to know
Faithful friend from flattering foe.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 19 February 2006 excerpt ends]



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 7:49 PM Pacific Time somewhere near Seattle Washington USA Thursday 27 March 2014