Thursday, March 27, 2014

Wonder Boys (2000)




http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049870/quotes

IMDb


Toward the Unknown (1956)

Quotes


Brig. Gen. Bill Banner: [to Maj. Lincoln Bond] Even with torture, you're not the kind to crack.










From 9/27/1956 ( premiere US film "Toward the Unknown" ) To 1/17/1991 ( the date of record of my United States Navy Medal of Honor as Kerry Wayne Burgess chief warrant officer United States Marine Corps circa 1991 ) is 12530 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 2/22/2000 ( premiere US film "Wonder Boys" ) is 12530 days



From 9/27/1956 ( premiere US film "Toward the Unknown" ) To 1/17/1991 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - the Persian Gulf War begins as scheduled severe criminal activity against the United States of America ) is 12530 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 2/22/2000 ( premiere US film "Wonder Boys" ) is 12530 days



From 7/9/1954 ( premiere US film "Apache" ) To 10/28/1988 ( premiere US film "Feds" ) is 12530 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 2/22/2000 ( premiere US film "Wonder Boys" ) is 12530 days



From 8/5/1922 ( premiere US film "U.S. Battle Fleet on the High Seas" ) To 3/16/1991 ( date hijacked from me:my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate Columbia South Carolina ) is 25060 days

25060 = 12530 + 12530

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 2/22/2000 ( premiere US film "Wonder Boys" ) is 12530 days



From 12/7/1998 ( my first day working at Microsoft Corporation as the known official Chief Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and the active duty United States Marine Corps lieutenant colonel circa 1998 ) To 2/22/2000 ( premiere US film "Wonder Boys" ) is 442 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/18/1967 ( premiere US film "Come Spy with Me" ) is 442 days



From 8/3/1993 ( the illegal US Senate confirmation of Ruth Bader Ginsburg ) To 2/22/2000 ( premiere US film "Wonder Boys" ) is 2394 days

2394 = 1197 + 1197

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 2/11/1969 ( Jennifer Aniston ) is 1197 days





http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0185014/releaseinfo

IMDb


Wonder Boys (2000)

Release Info

USA 22 February 2000 (premiere)



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0185014/fullcredits

IMDb


Wonder Boys (2000)

Full Cast & Crew


Michael Douglas ... Prof. Grady Tripp










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0185014/quotes

IMDb


Wonder Boys (2000)

Quotes


Walter Gaskell: Are you drinking, Professor Tripp, right now?

Grady Tripp: [smoking weed] No.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0185014/quotes

IMDb


Wonder Boys (2000)

Quotes


Grady Tripp: Whenever I wondered what Sara saw in me, and I wondered more than once, I always came back to the fact that she loved to read. She read everything every spare moment. She was a junkie for the printed word. And lucky for me, I manufactured her drug of choice.










http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=103&session=1&vote=00232

UNITED STATES SENATE


U.S. Senate Roll Call Votes 103rd Congress - 1st Session

as compiled through Senate LIS by the Senate Bill Clerk under the direction of the Secretary of the Senate

Vote Summary

Question: On the Nomination (ruth bader ginsburg to be an associate justice )

Vote Number: 232 Vote Date: August 3, 1993, 10:25 AM

Required For Majority: 1/2 Vote Result: Nomination Confirmed

Nomination Number: PN422

Nomination Description: Ruth Bader Ginsburg, of New York, to be an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0185014/quotes

IMDb


Wonder Boys (2000)

Quotes


Hannah Green: Grady, you know how in class you're always telling us that writers make choices?

Grady Tripp: Yeah.

Hannah Green: And even though you're book is really beautiful, I mean, amazingly beautiful, it's... it's at times... it's... very detailed. You know, with the genealogies of everyone's horses, and the dental records, and so on. And... I could be wrong, but it sort of reads in places like you didn't make any choices. At all. And I was just wondering if it might not be different if... if when you wrote you weren't always... under the influence.

Grady Tripp: Well... thank you for the thought, but shocking as it may sound, I am not the first writer to sip a little weed. Furthermore, it might surprise you to know that one book I wrote, as you say, "under the influence," just happened to win a little something called the Pen Award. Which, by the way, I accepted under the influence.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049870/releaseinfo

IMDb


Toward the Unknown (1956)

Release Info

USA 27 September 1956 (New York City, New York)



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049870/

IMDb


Toward the Unknown (1956)

The trials and tribulations of a group of experimental aircraft test pilots at Edwards Air Force Base at the dawn of supersonic flight in the 1950s.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0185014/quotes

IMDb


Wonder Boys (2000)

Quotes


Terry Crabtree: Let me get this straight. Jerry Nathan owes you money, so as collateral he gives you his car.

Grady Tripp: Only I'm beginning to think that the car wasn't exactly Jerry's to give.

Terry Crabtree: Ah, so whose car was it?

Grady Tripp: My guess? Vernon Hardapple.

Terry Crabtree: The hood jumper?

Grady Tripp: He said a few things that lead me to believe that the car was his.

Terry Crabtree: Such as?

Grady Tripp: "That's my car, motherfucker."










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0960867/releaseinfo

IMDb


U.S. Battle Fleet on the High Seas (1922)

Release Info

USA 5 August 1922










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0185014/quotes

IMDb


Wonder Boys (2000)

Quotes


Vernon Hardapple: You drivin' this car?

Grady Tripp: Excuse me?

Vernon Hardapple: This 1966 maroon Ford Galaxie 500. You drivin' this car?

Grady Tripp: It's mine.

Vernon Hardapple: Bullshit! It's mine, motherfucka!

Grady Tripp: You must be mistaken.

Vernon Hardapple: Bullshit!










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0185014/quotes

IMDb


Wonder Boys (2000)

Quotes


James Leer: Professor Tripp? Can I ask you a question?

Grady Tripp: Yeah, James.

James Leer: What are we going to do with... it?

Grady Tripp: I don't know. I'm still trying to figure out how to tell the Chancellor I murdered her husband's dog.

James Leer: You?

Grady Tripp: Trust me, James, when the family pet's been assassinated, the owner doesn't want to hear one of her students was the trigger man.

James Leer: Does she want to hear it was one of her professors?

Grady Tripp: ...I've got tenure.










http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0011091/quotes

IMDb


Quotes for

Prof. Grady Tripp (Character)

Wonder Boys (2000)


Vernon Hardapple: Why did you keep writing this book if you didn't even know what it was about?

Grady Tripp: I couldn't stop.










http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/styx/toomuchtimeonmyhands.html


STYX


"Too Much Time On My Hands"

Sitting on this barstool talking like a damn fool
Got the twelve o'clock news blues
And I've given up hope on the afternoon soaps
And a bottle of cold brew
Is it any wonder I'm not crazy? Is it any wonder I'm sane at all
Well I'm so tired of losing- I got nothing to do and all day to do it
I go out cruisin' but I've no place to go and all night to get there
Is it any wonder I'm not a criminal?
Is it any wonder I'm not in jail?
Is it any wonder I've got

Too much time on my hands, it's ticking away with my sanity
I've got too much time on my hands, it's hard to believe such a calamity
I've got too much time on my hands and it's ticking away from me
Too much time on my hands, too much time on my hands
Too much time on my hands

Well, I'm a jet fuel genius - I can solve the world's problems
Without even trying
I have dozens of friends and the fun never ends
That is, as long as I'm buying
Is it any wonder I'm not the president


Is it any wonder I'm null and void?
Is it any wonder I've got

Too much time on my hands, it's ticking away at my sanity
I've got too much time on my hands, it's hard to believe such a calamity
I've got too much time on my hands and it's ticking away from me
Too much time on my hands, too much time on my hands
Too much time on my hands



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 6:51 PM Pacific Time somewhere near Seattle Washington USA Thursday 27 March 2014