Saturday, March 29, 2014

Spoils of War





























JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 18:42:45 -0800 (PST)

From: "Kerry Burgess"

Subject: Re: those who helped

To: "Kerry Burgess"


Kerry Burgess wrote:


I sat there for 24 hours in that park waiting.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 27 March 2006 excerpt ends]











View Larger Map



https://maps.google.com/?ll=47.645033,-122.335025&spn=0.000005,0.004128&t=h&z=19&layer=c&cbll=47.64482,-122.335775&panoid=oPmLPHmobhx5oItuVGHiLg&cbp=12,308.14,,0,7.43

Google Maps


Gas Works Park United States










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/D/Dances_With_Wolves_1990_CD1.html


Dances With Wolves


The general come up to see the show.
All he knows is there ain't no show.
Now, the major,
he's looking at the general.
He's thinking to himself,
"I better do something."
You know what that means.
I don't want to be
the first one across this field.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 9:25 AM Monday, March 07, 2011


Ticonderoga





Looking closer at photos of the later US Navy Ticonderoga-class guided missile cruisers, I note details that suggest my dream the other night could be accurate in terms of how I see the layout of the weatherdeck next to the helicopter landing deck.

In my artificial memory, I have never even stepped foot on any ship in that class. The closest observation I have in my mind was one day when we were deployed to the Med on the USS Wainwright CG 28 and we were arriving in Rota Spain near Gibraltar and either the Ticonderoga itself or one other early ships of that class was already in port and I was impressed to see that ship, which I remember featured the missile rail launchers instead of the later VLS system. That is the only actual "memory" I have of ever seeing a ship of that class. I don't think I had ever even seen close by an Arleigh Burke-class guided missile destroyer until I saw the Momsen anchored nearby on 3 March 2006 in that park where I had been going to sit.

So in the dream of the Ticonderoga, there was a lot of details I still remember from the dream but the interesting part is that I was in a secluded area on the weatherdecks looking up I could see the helicopter landing deck and there was a small arms range target still in place on the edge of the deck above me and it had a very large hole in the center as though it had been hit by a lot of bullets. Looking at the image on a later Ticonderoga class ship I can see that such a sight is possible when standing on the weatherdecks. I was on the starboard side and I seemed to be near the aft end of the helicopter deck, which was inside and above me, and there was something someone said about how I was in officer's country


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 07 March 2011 excerpt ends]



































http://stargate-wiki.org/wiki/Transcript:Rising


STARGATE WIKI


Transcript:Rising


INT—SIMON'S LIVING ROOM

[Simon sits on a sofa and starts watching a video of Weir.]

WEIR
(over video)
Simon, if you're watching this, it means the President has been kind enough to grant you security clearance. I'm not going on a diplomatic mission to another country. I'm going to another planet in another galaxy by means of a device called a Stargate.

BEGIN EXCERPTS

WEIR
(continuing video in voiceover)
Millions of years ago, there was a race of beings we call the Ancients. They created a network of these Stargates throughout our galaxy in order to travel freely among their worlds. We don't know why, but they left for another galaxy somewhere between five and ten million years ago, taking their entire city along with them. That city was called Atlantis. I have been assembling an expedition team in order to try to find Atlantis and hopefully, the Ancients who left Earth all those years ago.

[While Weir speaks other scenes appear showing expedition members preparing to leave. Ford kisses his grandparents goodbye before getting into a taxi. Beckett sits down to a home-cooked meal in his mother's kitchen, his mother doting on him. McKay leaves his cat with a neighbor, complete with a supply of food. Sheppard sits on a hillside in a park near a coastline, flipping a coin indecisively.]

END EXCERPTS

WEIR
(continuing on video)
I want to do this, Simon with all my heart. You know me well enough to know I could never turn down an opportunity



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 8:11 PM Pacific Time somewhere near Seattle Washington USA Saturday 29 March 2014