Friday, March 14, 2014

St. Peter




http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/coldplay/vivalavida.html


COLDPLAY


"Viva La Vida"


I used to rule the world
Seas would rise when I gave the word
Now in the morning I sleep alone
Sweep the streets I used to own

I used to roll the dice
Feel the fear in my enemy's eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing
"Now the old king is dead! Long live the king!"

One minute I held the key
Next the walls were closed on me
And I discovered that my castles stand
Upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand

I hear Jerusalem bells are ringing
Roman Cavalry choirs are singing
Be my mirror, my sword and shield
My missionaries in a foreign field

For some reason I can't explain
Once you go there was never
Never an honest word
And that was when I ruled the world

It was the wicked and wild wind
Blew down the doors to let me in
Shattered windows and the sound of drums
People couldn't believe what I'd become

Revolutionaries wait
For my head on a silver plate
Just a puppet on a lonely string
Oh, who would ever wanna be king?

I hear Jerusalem bells are ringing
Roman Cavalry choirs are singing
Be my mirror, my sword and shield
My missionaries in a foreign field

For some reason I can't explain
I know Saint Peter won't call my name
Never an honest word
But that was when I ruled the world

Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

I hear Jerusalem bells are ringing
Roman Cavalry choirs are singing
Be my mirror, my sword and shield
My missionaries in a foreign field

For some reason I can't explain
I know Saint Peter won't call my name
Never an honest word
But that was when I ruled the world










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thank_God,_It's_Doomsday

Thank God, It's Doomsday

"Thank God, It's Doomsday" is the nineteenth episode of The Simpsons' sixteenth season. The episode aired for the first time on May 8, 2005, in the US.


This causes many of Springfield's residents to believe that Homer is right in predicting that at 3:15 p.m. on May 18, the apocalypse will come, and so the believers follow him to the Springfield Mesa to wait for it.



http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Made-up_words

Simpsons


Throughhole

A type of road of relatively unknown description; it could be a combination of a thruway and a tunnel.

In the episode "Thank God It's Doomsday" there are two references to a road leading out of Springfield called the Warren Harding Memorial Throughhole.



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_G._Harding

Warren G. Harding

Warren Gamaliel Harding (November 2, 1865 – August 2, 1923) was the 29th President of the United States










http://www.online-literature.com/bible/Matthew/

THE LITERATURE NETWORK


Matthew


16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Peter


Saint Peter

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Saint Peter (died AD 64 or 67), also known as Simon Peter, was a prominent early Christian leader, one of the Twelve Apostles of Jesus Christ, according to the New Testament.


"Rock" dialogue

In a dialogue between Jesus and his disciples (Matthew 16:13-19), Jesus asks, "Who do people say that the Son of Man is?" The disciples give various answers. When he asks, "Who do you say that I am?" Simon Peter answers, "You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God." Jesus then declares:

"Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven. And I tell you that you are Peter (Petros), and on this rock (petra) I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."

Some scholars suspect that the l sentences, which do not appear in the other gospels, are a later addition.

A common view of Peter is provided by Jesuit Father Daniel J. Harrington who suggests that Peter was an unlikely symbol of stability. While he was one of the first disciples called and was the spokesman for the group, Peter is also the exemplar of "little faith" in Matthew 14, will soon have Jesus say to him, "O you of little faith, why did you doubt?" and will eventually deny Jesus three times. In light of the Easter event, then, Peter became an exemplar of the forgiven sinner. Outside the Catholic Church, a variety of opinion exists as to the interpretation of this passage with respect to what authority and responsibility, if any, Jesus was giving to Peter.[citation needed]

In the Eastern Orthodox Church this passage is interpreted as not implying a special prominence to the person of Peter, but to Peter's position as representative of the Apostles. The word used for "rock" (petra) grammatically refers to "a small detachment of the massive ledge", not to a massive boulder. Thus, Orthodox Sacred Tradition understands Jesus' words as referring to the apostolic faith.

The great majority of Western scholars concur with the interpretation that the "rock" was Peter, not Jesus himself or Peter's faith.










http://www.online-literature.com/bible/Matthew/

THE LITERATURE NETWORK


Matthew


16:13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am? 16:14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.

16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

16:20 Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

16:21 From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.

16:22 Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.

16:23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

16:25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

16:26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 2:30 AM Sunday, August 07, 2011


The time traveler effect would seem to be distinct from what I call the couter-paradox effect but I have been think these past hour or two about how I have sometimes made references that suggest the two notions are the same. Or I think I have made them synonymous in my writings.

The reality of that notion in my mind is that what I call the 'time traveler effect' is what happens around me because there are people who are possession of information I give to them as a result of me being a time traveler. I give them information from the future when I time travel back to the past.

The counter-paradox effect, as I call it, is what happens to me to ensure that I generate information that is consistent with the information I deliver to the past when I time travel to the past. What that means is that I must make certain observations because if I do not make those observations then how can that information exist as information that was transferred by me the time traveler to the past? I wrote about that recently with my observations about destiny.

So what I think about a great deal over these past weeks and months and years is about the people who possess the information that I transfer from their future to my past when I time travel. They cannot be effected by what I call the counter-paradox effect because they are aware of what is going to happen, according my time travel communication. The same cannot be said about me when I make observations that are the result of their actions that are the result of information I provide to them as a time traveler. As I write, I do not describe the details of certain observations I make. That means those recipients of my time traveler communications have a wide latitude in what ever actions they take that are consistent with their personal mission goals, which is part of the support structure for me the time traveler.

So to summarize a point I have been thinking about for a while the difference of the 'time traveler effect' and what I call the counter-paradox effect seems to be relative to the state of the information that is involved. A time traveler effect occurs because I transfer information to different time periods because I am a time traveler. This summary is not comprehensive of certain scenarios I have thought of before or it does account for those scenarios; I can't really think it through very well right now. The effect that I call a counter-paradox is what happens to me because I have not yet traveled through time. I think that is completely thought through at this point. I am not yet a time traveler. But I do become a time traveler. The counter-paradox effect is what, as it most basic level of explanation, is what ensures I become a time traveler. Since I become a time traveler then reality must be consistent with the information I transfer from the future to the past.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 07 August 2011 excerpt ends]



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 11:01 PM Pacific Time somewhere near Seattle Washington USA Friday 14 March 2014