Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Watch out! He's got his cigar tube out!




http://www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/35/pg35.html


Project Gutenberg's The Time Machine, by H. G. (Herbert George) Wells


Title: The Time Machine

Author: H. G. (Herbert George) Wells


V

'As I stood there musing over this too perfect triumph of man, the full moon, yellow and gibbous, came up out of an overflow of silver light in the north-east. The bright little figures ceased to move about below, a noiseless owl flitted by, and I shivered with the chill of the night. I determined to descend and find where I could sleep.

'I looked for the building I knew. Then my eye travelled along to the figure of the White Sphinx upon the pedestal of bronze, growing distinct as the light of the rising moon grew brighter. I could see the silver birch against it. There was the tangle of rhododendron bushes, black in the pale light, and there was the little lawn. I looked at the lawn again. A queer doubt chilled my complacency. "No," said I stoutly to myself, "that was not the lawn."

'But it was the lawn. For the white leprous face of the sphinx was towards it. Can you imagine what I felt as this conviction came home to me? But you cannot. The Time Machine was gone!

'At once, like a lash across the face, came the possibility of losing my own age, of being left helpless in this strange new world. The bare thought of it was an actual physical sensation. I could feel it grip me at the throat and stop my breathing. In another moment I was in a passion of fear and running with great leaping strides down the slope. Once I fell headlong and cut my face; I lost no time in stanching the blood, but jumped up and ran on, with a warm trickle down my cheek and chin. All the time I ran I was saying to myself: "They have moved it a little, pushed it under the bushes out of the way." Nevertheless, I ran with all my might. All the time, with the certainty that sometimes comes with excessive dread, I knew that such assurance was folly, knew instinctively that the machine was removed out of my reach. My breath came with pain. I suppose I covered the whole distance from the hill crest to the little lawn, two miles perhaps, in ten minutes. And I am not a young man. I cursed aloud, as I ran, at my confident folly in leaving the machine, wasting good breath thereby. I cried aloud, and none answered. Not a creature seemed to be stirring in that moonlit world.

'When I reached the lawn my worst fears were realized. Not a trace of the thing was to be seen. I felt faint and cold when I faced the empty space among the black tangle of bushes. I ran round it furiously, as if the thing might be hidden in a corner, and then stopped abruptly, with my hands clutching my hair. Above me towered the sphinx, upon the bronze pedestal, white, shining, leprous, in the light of the rising moon. It seemed to smile in mockery of my dismay.

'I might have consoled myself by imagining the little people had put the mechanism in some shelter for me, had I not felt assured of their physical and intellectual inadequacy. That is what dismayed me: the sense of some hitherto unsuspected power










http://www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/35/pg35.html


Project Gutenberg's The Time Machine, by H. G. (Herbert George) Wells


Title: The Time Machine

Author: H. G. (Herbert George) Wells


V


'It was from her, too, that I learned that fear had not yet left the world. She was fearless enough in the daylight, and she had the oddest confidence in me; for once, in a foolish moment, I made threatening grimaces at her, and she simply laughed at them. But she dreaded the dark, dreaded shadows, dreaded black things. Darkness to her was the one thing dreadful. It was a singularly passionate emotion, and it set me thinking and observing. I discovered then, among other things, that these little people gathered into the great houses after dark, and slept in droves. To enter upon them without a light was to put them into a tumult of apprehension. I never found one out of doors, or one sleeping alone within doors, after dark. Yet I was still such a blockhead that I missed the lesson of that fear, and in spite of Weena's distress I insisted upon sleeping away from these slumbering multitudes.

'It troubled her greatly, but in the end her odd affection for me triumphed, and for five of the nights of our acquaintance, including the last night of all, she slept with her head pillowed on my arm. But my story slips away from me as I speak of her. It must have been the night before her rescue that I was awakened about dawn. I had been restless, dreaming most disagreeably that I was drowned, and that sea anemones were feeling over my face with their soft palps. I woke with a start, and with an odd fancy that some greyish animal had just rushed out of the chamber. I tried to get to sleep again, but I felt restless and uncomfortable. It was that dim grey hour when things are just creeping out of darkness, when everything is colourless and clear cut, and yet unreal. I got up, and went down into the great hall, and so out upon the flagstones in front of the palace. I thought I would make a virtue of necessity, and see the sunrise.

'The moon was setting, and the dying moonlight and the first pallor of dawn were mingled in a ghastly half-light. The bushes were inky black, the ground a sombre grey, the sky colourless and cheerless. And up the hill I thought I could see ghosts. There several times, as I scanned the slope, I saw white figures. Twice I fancied I saw a solitary white, ape-like creature running rather quickly up the hill, and once near the ruins I saw a leash of them carrying some dark body. They moved hastily. I did not see what became of them. It seemed that they vanished among the bushes. The dawn was still indistinct, you must understand. I was feeling that chill, uncertain, early-morning feeling you may have known. I doubted my eyes.

'As the eastern sky grew brighter, and the light of the day came on and its vivid colouring returned upon the world once more, I scanned the view keenly. But I saw no vestige of my white figures. They were mere creatures of the half light. "They must have been ghosts," I said; "I wonder whence they dated." For a queer notion of Grant Allen's came into my head, and amused me. If each generation die and leave ghosts, he argued, the world at last will get overcrowded with them. On that theory they would have grown innumerable some Eight Hundred Thousand Years hence, and it was no great wonder to see four at once. But the jest was unsatisfying, and I was thinking of these figures all the morning, until Weena's rescue drove them out of my head. I associated them in some indefinite way with the white animal I had startled in my first passionate search for the Time Machine. But Weena was a pleasant substitute. Yet all the same, they were soon destined to take far deadlier possession of my mind.

'I think I have said how much hotter than our own was the weather of this Golden Age. I cannot account for it. It may be that the sun was hotter, or the earth nearer the sun. It is usual to assume that the sun will go on cooling steadily in the future. But people, unfamiliar with such speculations as those of the younger Darwin, forget that the planets must ultimately fall back one by one into the parent body. As these catastrophes occur, the sun will blaze with renewed energy; and it may be that some inner planet had suffered this fate. Whatever the reason, the fact remains that the sun was very much hotter than we know it.

'Well, one very hot morning—my fourth, I think—as I was seeking shelter from the heat and glare in a colossal ruin near the great house where I slept and fed, there happened this strange thing: Clambering among these heaps of masonry, I found a narrow gallery, whose end and side windows were blocked by fallen masses of stone. By contrast with the brilliancy outside, it seemed at first impenetrably dark to me. I entered it groping, for the change from light to blackness made spots of colour swim before me. Suddenly I halted spellbound. A pair of eyes, luminous by reflection against the daylight without, was watching me out of the darkness.

'The old instinctive dread of wild beasts came upon me. I clenched my hands and steadfastly looked into the glaring eyeballs. I was afraid to turn. Then the thought of the absolute security in which humanity appeared to be living came to my mind. And then I remembered that strange terror of the dark. Overcoming my fear to some extent, I advanced a step and spoke. I will admit that my voice was harsh and ill-controlled. I put out my hand and touched something soft. At once the eyes darted sideways, and something white ran past me. I turned with my heart in my mouth, and saw a queer little ape-like figure, its head held down in a peculiar manner, running across the sunlit space behind me. It blundered against a block of granite, staggered aside, and in a moment was hidden in a black shadow beneath another pile of ruined masonry.

'My impression of it is, of course, imperfect; but I know it was a dull white, and had strange large greyish-red eyes; also that there was flaxen hair on its head and down its back. But, as I say, it went too fast for me to see distinctly. I cannot even say whether it ran on all-fours, or only with its forearms held very low. After an instant's pause I followed it into the second heap of ruins. I could not find it at first; but, after a time in the profound obscurity, I came upon one of those round well-like openings of which I have told you, half closed by a fallen pillar. A sudden thought came to me. Could this Thing have vanished down the shaft? I lit a match, and, looking down, I saw a small, white, moving creature, with large bright eyes which regarded me steadfastly as it retreated. It made me shudder. It was so like a human spider! It was clambering down the wall, and now I saw for the first time a number of metal foot and hand rests forming a kind of ladder down the shaft. Then the light burned my fingers and fell out of my hand, going out as it dropped, and when I had lit another the little monster had disappeared.

'I do not know how long I sat peering down that well. It was not for some time that I could succeed in persuading myself that the thing I had seen was human. But, gradually, the truth dawned on me: that Man had not remained one species, but had differentiated into two distinct animals: that my graceful children of the Upper-world were not the sole descendants of our generation, but that this bleached, obscene, nocturnal Thing, which had flashed before me, was also heir to all the ages.

'I thought of the flickering pillars and of my theory of an underground ventilation. I began to suspect their true import.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2013/05/they-know-future.html - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 04:26 AM Pacific Time Seattle USA Wednesday 15 May 2013


After three days they let me out and I was just thinking a few days ago about how bad that was.

I knew the city I was in but that was it.

They discharged me and directed me to another building next to the hospital and they told me to go there to get refills of the prescription drugs they had me doped out on and I did go over and I can still remember sitting there waiting for the pharmacist to fill the order and I remember thinking that the guy behind the counter looked suspicious.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 15 May 2013 excerpt ends]










http://www.ssa.gov/legislation/legis_bulletin_110200.html

Social Security

Official Social Security Website


Social Security Legislative Bulletin

106-28

November 2, 2000

President Signs Child Citizenship Act Of 2000

On October 30, 2000, the President signed into law H.R. 2883, the "Child Citizenship Act of 2000" (Public Law 106-395.) Under the new law, certain blind and disabled children may become U.S. citizens sooner than under previous law and, thus, eligible for Supplemental Security Income sooner than they otherwise would as noncitizens.

Specifically, P.L. 106-395:

Amends the Immigration and Nationality Act to provide automatic U.S. citizenship for a child born outside the United States when the following conditions are met: (1) at least one parent is a U.S. citizen; (2) the child is under 18 years old; and (3) the child is residing in the United States in the legal and physical custody of the citizen parent pursuant to a lawful admission for permanent residence. Applies such provision to an adopted child meeting certain definitional requirements who is adopted by a U.S. citizen parent.

Provides for issuance of a certificate of naturalization for a child born outside of the United States when the following conditions are met: (1) at least one parent is a U.S. citizen who has been present in the United States for not less than five years, at least two of which were after having attained the age of 14, or who has a citizen parent meeting such requirements; (2) the child is under 18 years old; and (3) the child is residing outside the United States in the legal and physical custody of the citizen parent, is temporarily and lawfully present in the United States, and is maintaining such lawful status. Applies such provision to an adopted child meeting certain definitional requirements who is adopted by a U.S. citizen parent.

Is effective 120 days after enactment.










From 6/1/1950 ( premiere US film "Hills of Oklahoma" ) To 10/30/2000 ( Bill Clinton - the Child Citizenship Act of 2000 ) is 18414 days

18414 = 9207 + 9207

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/17/1991 ( the date of record of my United States Navy Medal of Honor as Kerry Wayne Burgess chief warrant officer United States Marine Corps circa 1991 ) is 9207 days



From 6/1/1950 ( premiere US film "Hills of Oklahoma" ) To 10/30/2000 ( Bill Clinton - the Child Citizenship Act of 2000 ) is 18414 days

18414 = 9207 + 9207

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/17/1991 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - the Persian Gulf War begins as scheduled severe criminal activity against the United States of America ) is 9207 days



From 1/17/1991 ( the date of record of my United States Navy Medal of Honor as Kerry Wayne Burgess chief warrant officer United States Marine Corps circa 1991 ) To 10/30/2000 ( Bill Clinton - the Child Citizenship Act of 2000 ) is 3574 days

3574 = 1787 + 1787

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 9/24/1970 ( premiere US TV series "The Odd Couple" ) is 1787 days



From 1/17/1991 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - the Persian Gulf War begins as scheduled severe criminal activity against the United States of America ) To 10/30/2000 ( Bill Clinton - the Child Citizenship Act of 2000 ) is 3574 days

3574 = 1787 + 1787

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 9/24/1970 ( premiere US TV series "The Odd Couple" ) is 1787 days



From 2/17/1909 ( Geronimo deceased ) To 2/15/1944 ( the Monte Cassino monastery destroyed during World War 2 ) is 12781 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 10/30/2000 ( Bill Clinton - the Child Citizenship Act of 2000 ) is 12781 days



From 6/10/1946 ( Jack Johnson killed in car crash ) To 6/7/1981 ( the 3rd United States Navy Medal of Honor hijacked from my biological brother United States Navy Fleet Admiral Tom Reagan and the Iraq-Bill Gates-Microsoft-George Bush Baghdad Osirak terrorist atomic weapons construction site destroyed by Israeli Air Force with the personal assistance of United States Navy Fleet Admiral Thomas Reagan the F-16 Falcon pilot flying combat to destroy the Iraq-Bill Gates-Microsoft-George Bush Baghdad Osirak terrorist atomic weapons construction site ) is 12781 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 10/30/2000 ( Bill Clinton - the Child Citizenship Act of 2000 ) is 12781 days



From 1/2/1990 ( General of the Armies of the United States and United States Navy Fleet Admiral Thomas Reagan my biological brother walked into the office of George Herbert Walker Bush and after giving him adequate direct verbal warning to defend himself General of the Armies of the United States Thomas Reagan used his fist to physically hit George Bush in the face with enough physical force to leave George Bush unconscious on the floor of his office because George Bush has murdered United States Navy SEALs in Panama and because George Bush is a cowardly violent criminal and because George Bush is an active severely treasonous agent of the Soviet Union and Communist China violently against the United States of America ) To 10/30/2000 ( Bill Clinton - the Child Citizenship Act of 2000 ) is 3954 days

3954 = 1977 + 1977

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 4/2/1971 ( premiere US TV series pilot "O'Hara, U.S. Treasury" ) is 1977 days



From 12/21/1964 ( the first flight United States Air Force and General Dynamics F-111 Aardvark ) To 10/30/2000 ( Bill Clinton - the Child Citizenship Act of 2000 ) is 13097 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 9/11/2001 ( the scheduled terrorist attack by force of violence to destroy the New York City World Trade Center and the Headquarters of the United States Department of Defense "The Pentagon" by Bill Gates-Microsoft-Corbis-George Bush the cowardly violent criminal with massive fatalities and destruction ) is 13097 days



From 11/16/1942 ( premiere US film "Lucky Jordan" ) To 10/30/2000 ( Bill Clinton - the Child Citizenship Act of 2000 ) is 21168 days

21168 = 10584 + 10584

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 10/25/1994 ( Susan Smith kills her two children and dumps them in her car in the John D. Long Lake near Union South Carolina ) is 10584 days



From 6/2/1987 ( premiere US film "The Untouchables" ) To 10/30/2000 ( Bill Clinton - the Child Citizenship Act of 2000 ) is 4899 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 4/2/1979 ( the anthrax leak from the biological warfare military facility in Sverdlovsk Soviet Union ) is 4899 days



From 8/3/1998 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - Tom Clancy "Rainbow Six" ) To 10/30/2000 ( Bill Clinton - the Child Citizenship Act of 2000 ) is 819 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/30/1968 ( the Tet Offensive begins ) is 819 days



From 1/25/1923 ( Arvid Carlsson ) To 1/19/1993 ( in Asheville North Carolina as Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess I was seriously wounded by gunfire when I returned fatal gunfire to a fugitive from United States federal justice who was another criminal sent by Bill Gates-Nazi-Microsoft-George Bush the cowardly violent criminal in another attempt to kill me the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) is 25562 days

25562 = 12781 + 12781

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 10/30/2000 ( Bill Clinton - the Child Citizenship Act of 2000 ) is 12781 days



From 6/19/1968 ( the 1st United States Navy Medal of Honor date of record of my biological brother Thomas Reagan the United States Navy officer and Thomas Reagan is the only United States of America military fighter jet ace-in-single-day during the Vietnam War ) To 10/30/2000 ( Bill Clinton - the Child Citizenship Act of 2000 ) is 11821 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 3/15/1998 ( premiere US TV movie "Moby Dick" ) is 11821 days



From 11/18/1996 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - premiere US film "Star Trek: First Contact" ) To 10/30/2000 ( Bill Clinton - the Child Citizenship Act of 2000 ) is 1442 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 10/14/1969 ( premiere US TV movie "Wake Me When the War Is Over") is 1442 days



From 12/25/1924 ( Rod Serling ) To 12/20/1994 ( in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my United States Navy Cross medal date of record ) is 25562 days

25562 = 12781 + 12781

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 10/30/2000 ( Bill Clinton - the Child Citizenship Act of 2000 ) is 12781 days



From 3/16/1991 ( date hijacked from me:my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate Columbia South Carolina ) To 10/30/2000 ( Bill Clinton - the Child Citizenship Act of 2000 ) is 3516 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 6/19/1975 ( the introduction of the United States of America congressional joint resolution Public Law 94-479 General of the Armies of the United States applies personally and professionally to my biological brother United States Navy Fleet Admiral Thomas Reagan the General of the Armies of the United States ) is 3516 days



From 10/2/1959 ( premiere US TV series "The Twilight Zone"::series premiere episode "Where Is Everybody?" ) To 10/30/2000 ( Bill Clinton - the Child Citizenship Act of 2000 ) is 15004 days

15004 = 7502 + 7502

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 5/18/1986 ( premiere US TV movie "The Brotherhood of Justice" ) is 7502 days





http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=1080

The American Presidency Project

William J. Clinton [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]

XLII President of the United States: 1993 - 2001 [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]

Statement on Signing the Child Citizenship Act of 2000

October 30, 2000

Today I am pleased to sign into law H.R. 2883, the "Child Citizenship Act of 2000." This Act confers U.S. citizenship automatically upon certain foreign-born children, including those adopted by citizens of the United States, who do not acquire U.S. citizenship at birth. This Act eliminates the need in many instances for parents to apply to the Immigration and Naturalization Service for Certificates of Citizenship for their children who are not U.S. citizens at birth.

Under prior law, foreign-born adopted children could be subject to removal if they did not acquire U.S. citizenship after being brought to the United States—even if they had lived their lives since infancy in the United States. While this Act will not remedy past cases where adopted children were deported, it will ensure that this unfortunate possibility will be eliminated for most noncitizen adopted children under the age of 18 and for all noncitizen children adopted into U.S. households in the future. I welcome this action to support families who adopt foreign-born children by removing an unnecessary impediment to citizenship for these and other foreign-born children.

WILLIAM J. CLINTON

The White House, October 30, 2000.

NOTE: H.R. 2883, approved October 30, was assigned Public Law No. 106-395.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0034998/releaseinfo

IMDb


Lucky Jordan (1942)

Release Info

USA 16 November 1942



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0034998/plotsummary

IMDb


Lucky Jordan (1942)

Plot Summary


Lucky Jordan, cynical gambler and racketeer, finds one thing his luck and connections can't fix: the draft board.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0042556/releaseinfo

IMDb


Hills of Oklahoma (1950)

Release Info

USA 1 June 1950










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2006 6:14 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: I guess it's pretty obvious why the hell I am here. Re: WHY AM I STILL GODDAMNED HERE GODFUCKINGDAMNIT!!!!!


Anyway, that reminds me of the first day I saw Rich again, back in 1997. I had started working for a bank in Charlotte, can't remember the name, but I was with the Capital Markets division. As I recall, it was a rather prestigious position for a help desk person. But I soon grew bored because there wasn't enough work for all of us, usually there wasn't even enough work for me and I soon started responding first to all the calls. Anyway, shortly after I started there, somehow I learned that Rich was working there too. I think someone noticed we had similar backgrounds and asked me if I knew him. I found him listed in the email directory and sent him an email. He came up to my desk later there in the open on the trading floor


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 19 April 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0363547/quotes

IMDb


Memorable quotes for

Dawn of the Dead (2004)


Confused Reporter: This is Bob Byron from Channel 11 News. I'm at one of the collection depots near Monroeville waiting to get an interview with the county sheriff Thomas Cahill on this current situation.

[to the county sheriff]

Confused Reporter: I understand you're having a difficult time killing these things, Sheriff. Just how hard are these things...

The County Sheriff: [cutting him off] Just shoot them in the head! They seem to go down permanently if you shoot 'em in the head.










http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2004/may/09/moviesmovies/

The Spokesman-Review

May 9, 2004

MoviesMovies

The Spokesman-Review


Spokane Valley Mall


DAWN OF THE DEAD










http://www.oocities.org/elzj78/bsgminiseries.html


BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: Miniseries (2003)


Adama: But we never answered the question: why? Why are we as a people worth saving? We still commit murder, because of greed, spite, jealousy, and we still visit all of our sins upon our children. (we hear the voiceover in Apollo's ship) We refuse to accept the responsibility for anything that we've done. Like we did with the Cylons. We decided to play god, create life. (We see Starbuck listening in her cell.) When that life turned against us, we comforted ourselves in the knowledge that it really wasn't our fault, not really. You cannot play god, then wash your hands of the things that you've created. Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 10:47 PM Pacific Time somewhere near Seattle Washington USA Wednesday 19 March 2014