Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Columbia South Carolina




JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 11:10 PM Friday, March 11, 2011


I know!

I'll call the police and get their assistance!

Wow! What a great idea! Why didn't I think of that!


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 11 March 2011 excerpt ends]










http://www.chakoteya.net/NextGen/174.htm

The Best of Both Worlds, Part One

Stardate: 43989.1

Original Airdate: Jun 18, 1990


[Bridge]

WORF: Sir, reading unidentified vessel just entering sensor range. Bearing two one zero mark one five one.

PICARD: Hail them, Mister Worf.

WORF: No response, sir.

PICARD: Move to intercept.

WESLEY: Aye, sir.

WORF: Sir, the vessel has already changed course to intercept us. Approaching at warp nine point three. Entering visual range.

PICARD: On screen. Magnify.

(It's a nasty dark cube)

PICARD: Mister Worf, dispatch a subspace message to Admiral Hanson. We have engaged the Borg.

WORF: Captain, you are being hailed.

PICARD: I am?

WORF: Yes, Captain. By name.










From 4/21/1926 ( my biological paternal grandmother Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II ) To 12/25/1974 ( premiere US film "Carry on Dick" ) is 17780 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 7/8/2014 is 17780 days



From 3/16/1991 ( my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate Columbia South Carolina ) To 7/8/2014 is 8515 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 2/24/1989 is 8515 days



From 11/18/1996 ( premiere US film "Star Trek: First Contact" ) To 7/8/2014 is 6441 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 6/22/1983 ( premiere US film "The Survivors" ) is 6441 days





http://www.krem.com/video/featured-videos/Spokanes-first-legal-pot-buyers-lining-up-266208471.html?ref=next

KREM


Spokane’s first legal marijuana buyers line up

by BREANNA ROY & KREM.com

KREM.com

Posted on July 8, 2014 at 6:45 AM

Updated Tuesday, Jul 8 at 11:47 AM

SPOKANE, Wash. -- The first sales of legal recreational marijuana were not set to start until Tuesday afternoon, but that didn’t stop customers from camping out in front of Spokane Green Leaf overnight.

The shop was the only one of Spokane’s three licensed pot shops planning to open Tuesday.

READ: What to expect at Spokane's first recreational pot shop

READ: Limited supply of marijuana to be sent to pot shops on Tuesday

Mike Boyer brought a sleeping bag and food to keep him going throughout the night.

"Why not? It's history right here, might as well be the guy to be the first one here," said Boyer.

The owner of Spokane Green Leaf told Boyer he would be their first customer. Green Leaf staff spent Monday training employees and prepping the store for people like Boyer. Two more customers joined Boyer outside the store early Tuesday morning.

"It's history in the making and we're all very excited. [We’re] ready to open our doors and give customers what they want," said employee Chad Welsh.

READ: Differences in Washington, Colorado pot systems

The outlet planned to sell pot for between $20 and $25 per gram. Customers can only legally buy up to 28 grams, or one ounce. That adds up to $560-$700 dollars per ounce.

Green Leaf, near Country Holmes Blvd. and Division, was scheduled to open its doors at 2 p.m. Tuesday.










http://articles.latimes.com/1989-02-25/news/mn-217_1_riot-police

Los Angeles Times


Thousands in India Riot Over Rushdie Novel; 10 Killed

February 25, 1989 From Times Wire Services

BOMBAY, India — Police on Friday fired on thousands of Muslims during rioting over the novel "The Satanic Verses," killing at least 10 people and wounding 40 in the birthplace of the book's author, police said.

It was the bloodiest outbreak of violence sparked by the book anywhere to date.

Police said the rioting erupted during a strike called by Islamic organizations in Bombay to denounce the novel, which many Muslims view as blasphemous. Iran's spiritual leader, the Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, has called for the slaying of its author, Salman Rushdie, who was born in Bombay but is now a British citizen.

Initially, more than 400 people joined a march through Muslim-dominated sections of Bombay, India's commercial capital, after Friday prayer services and were confronted by riot police, who ordered them to disperse, police said.

The marchers refused and began showering officers with bottles and rocks. They were joined by residents, who threw debris from rooftops and balconies.

Rioting involving an estimated 2,000 people spread to other Muslim pockets of the city. Police staged numerous baton charges in unsuccessful attempts to disperse the crowds, who set fire to several state-run buses and other vehicles.

Police said officers in several areas were forced to open fire, killing at least 10 protesters. At least 40 other people, including a number of officers, were wounded in clashes or by bullets, they said.

The situation was reported "under control" by evening, with police conducting vigorous patrols in the riot-hit areas.

In India's predominantly Muslim state of Jammu and Kashmir, at least two people were killed in clashes between protesters and police earlier this month. In the Pakistani capital of Islamabad, five people were shot dead by police Feb. 6 during a protest in front of the U.S. Information Center.

The violence in Bombay came as India's most influential Islamic cleric endorsed Khomeini's call for the killing of the author, which has been backed up by offers of rewards by Iran.

"Rushdie has not only dishonored Islam, but has inflicted wounds on Muslims the world over," the Press Trust of India news agency quoted Abdulla Bukhari as telling a congregation at the 17th-Century Jama Masjid, India's largest mosque, in the old section of New Delhi.

After Bukhari delivered his speech, hundreds of Muslims marched from the mosque across New Delhi toward the British High Commission, shouting "Long live Khomeini!" They were stopped by hundreds of police about one-half mile from the British mission, and they dispersed without incident.

Demonstrations also were reported in the Indian cities of Calcutta, Darjeeling, Varanasi, Patna and Siliguri.

More than 90 million Muslims live in India, where they make up about 11% of the population of 880 million.

In Tehran, Iranian Parliament Speaker Hashemi Rafsanjani justified Khomeini's death call against Rushdie as being rooted in the foundations of Islam, according to a report by Iran's official IRNA news agency monitored in Bahrain.

Rafsanjani also indicated that Iran would not be responsible if someone complies with the death order, saying that if "any Muslim carried out his duty, this cannot have any link with the Islamic Republic of Iran. . . . The West may also instigate its own agents to carry out unprincipled and devilish acts so (it could then) blame Iran."





http://www.nytimes.com/books/99/04/18/specials/rushdie-realism.html

The New York Times

Books

February 24, 1989

Critic's Notebook; Telling Truth Through Fantasy: Rushdie's Magic Realism

By MICHIKO KAKUTANI

Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini's death sentence against the author Salman Rushdie, a half-dozen deaths and hundreds of injuries in Pakistan during riots over his novel, the subsequent disappearance of ''The Satanic Verses'' from bookstores around the world and a continuing international furor - had such events occurred in a novel (even one of Mr. Rushdie's own fantastical productions), they would have been dismissed by critics as the improbable inventions of a writer bent on satire or absurdist mischief.

That these events have actually come to pass only serves to underscore the ability of reality to continually overtake our imaginations - a predicament, oddly enough, that has long troubled writers like Mr. Rushdie and that has indelibly shaped the character of their work.

Writers throughout this century, in fact, have struggled to render a reality that has seemed increasingly unreal. World War I fostered the fragmentations of modernism; World War II raised new questions about the limits of language and perception. And in the wake of the 1960's - which witnessed the assassinations of the Kennedy brothers and the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., the divisive war in Vietnam and growing unrest in the third world - novelists, both here and abroad began to experiment more freely with alternatives to naturalism.

In this country, Donald Barthelme created surreal fictional collages that used Brechtian devices to force the reader to re-examine his relationship with the printed word. Norman Mailer temporarily turned to journalism as a substitute for fiction. And Philip Roth, who noted writers' ''inability or unwillingness to deal'' imaginatively with ''our cultural predicament,'' experimented with such comic fantasies as ''Our Gang'' and ''The Breast.'' In other countries, writers embraced a kind of phantasmagorial writing known as magic realism - a narrative technique used by Mr. Rushdie, himself, in his earlier novels, ''Midnight's Children'' (1981) and ''Shame'' (1983), as well as ''The Satanic Verses.''

It is no coincidence that magic realism - which combines heightened language with elements of the surreal - has tended to flourish in troubled areas of the world, or that many of its practitioners have sought to describe calamitous events that exceed the grasp of normal description.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098503/releaseinfo

IMDb


The Toxic Avenger Part II (1989)

Release Info

USA 24 February 1989










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096804/releaseinfo

IMDb


American Ninja 3: Blood Hunt (1989)

Release Info

USA 24 February 1989



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096804/plotsummary

IMDb


American Ninja 3: Blood Hunt (1989)

Plot Summary

Jackson is back, and now he has a new partner, karate champion Sean, as they must face a deadly terrorist known as "The Cobra", who has infected Sean with a virus. Sean and Jackson have no choice but to fight the Cobra and his bands of ninjas.










http://www.e-reading.org.ua/bookreader.php/80261/King_-_The_Stand.html


Stephen King

The Stand - The Complete & Uncut Edition


Chapter 39


He sang: “She brought me coffee… she brought me tea… she brought me… damn near everything… but the workhouse key. Right, Lloyd?”

“Sure,” Lloyd said huskily. His eyes never left the small dark stone. Flagg began to walk it from one finger to the next like a magician doing a trick.

“Now you’re a man who must appreciate the value of a good key,” the man said. The dark stone disappeared in his clenched fist and suddenly reappeared in his other hand, where it began to finger-walk again. “I’m sure you are. Because what a key is for is opening doors. Is there anything more important in life than opening doors, Lloyd?”










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117731/releaseinfo

IMDb


Star Trek: First Contact (1996)

Release Info

USA 18 November 1996 (Hollywood, California) (premiere)



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117731/fullcredits

IMDb


Star Trek: First Contact (1996)

Full Cast & Crew


James Cromwell ... Zefram Cochran










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086397/quotes

IMDb


The Survivors (1983)

Release Info

USA 22 June 1983 (New York City, New York)










http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie8.html

Star Trek: First Contact


LILY: Liar!










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071281/releaseinfo

IMDb


Carry on Dick (1974)

Release Info

USA 25 December 1974





http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071281/trivia

IMDb


Carry on Dick (1974)

Quotes


Reverend Flasher: If there is one man, just one man amongst you who can say in all truthfulness that within the past week he has not committed adultery then he may leave this church now and go with my blessing.

[Bodkin stands up and starts to leave]

Reverend Flasher: Ah, we have at least one good man with us. Well done, brother Bodkin.

Bodkin: Oh it's not that, Rector. You just reminded me where I left my hat last night.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 7:55 PM Thursday, December 08, 2011


The Mall





Watching in recent hours this evening the DVD for the 1994 television miniseries Stephen King's "The Stand," as I didn't make it all the way through the first DVD of the two-disc set, I have watched some scenes this evening that remind me of a dream I had in recent weeks. I don't recall the precise day I had that dream but it wasn't long ago and I have thought about it several times since then and I can still visualize certain scenes in it and I have kept thinking to myself that the dream was important and that the details I saw in that dream were important and somehow relevant to the real world. So I am watching tonight the scenes at their campsite next to the streams and that reminded me of that dream in certain regards and then I saw "Mother Abagail" laughing with delight as she ran a remote-controlled lawn mower across her yard in Boulder Colorado and that reminded me of my dream and so finally I decided to stop and make this note at the point where "Mother Abagail" is praying to God right around the time the power station is being brought back online and unless I am too much mistaken, having paused the DVD at this point, where she takes off into the night and everyone begins searching for her.

What that part makes me think about is how in that dream, I am thinking about as I write these paragraphs, for the first time I can ever recall I actually had a vivid dream where I was talking in person to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the person I was talking to, I was very certain in the dream, was literally Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.

I can still remember that I had brought to her a couple of items and I was feeling apologetic because I had not included those items, and this part has always been vague, in some kind of report. But what is not vague is that I saw a brief smile from her, which I thought of because I might have been feeling apologetic perhaps for overlooking something earlier, which was the reason I was talking to her again and with those two items in hands, one of which was a pair of wire cutters and the other was a non-conductive tool that I remember from using to adjust certain variable electronic components as potentiometers and similar items that are soldered to printed circuit boards, and so apparently those two items were part of a collection that was being put together and I came back to her and told her we needed to add those items to the collection. Reinforcing the notion that we were all moving somewhere, which is vague now in sequence because I cannot recall which happened first, is the scene with the lawn mower. But I wasn't using a lawn mower but I was using a device for trimming grass. I think the actual product name is Weed Eater. Similar to 'Jet Ski' I think that product name has become synonymous with products that fulfill a similar purpose. So anyway, at some point in the dream and the sequence of events in the dream is now lost in my mind, or maybe not, I had arrived at a place where two streams converged and that place seemed to be a destination. There might have been people there already but I keep wanting to say that I was part of a group that was moving to that location and that was someplace uninhabited. I saw the streams converging and one stream was smaller and it looked kind of polluted. I was left with the sense that it was not really an ideal place to go to. I did see some signs of civilization there such as next to the stream was paved roads and I could see the metal shoulder barriers of the road. There was high weeds on the banks of the streams and I was using a weed trimmer to cut it down but I stopped perhaps half way through. Other people were around but that is vague. A scene that seems important and that I have thought about several times is that at some point I was on top of a boat that had a white cover over it and I think the boat was on a trailer and I could see myself as I adjusted cargo straps that stretched over the white cover of that boat and somewhere below a woman was looking up at me as I was on top of the boat and she was speaking to me and I cannot recall now, if I ever did, what she said but I do recall that I asked her why she was telling me any of the information she was telling me and I think I responded to her that she needed to tell the police what she was saying. I don't recall anything else about that dream, although there are some other details that don't seem important to note here.

I do not recall now precisely when I had that dream but I think that was right around the time I was having those dreams during that period when I wrote about that dream where I was standing at the ATM at the Southcenter Mall and the police car drove up and I thought the reason it was there was so I could here the message being broadcast over the police radio circuits.





I have also been thinking about how I cannot use my hyperspace technology because those evil forces can somehow gain strength from when I use that power I have.





Also, despite how I tell myself often that I am ready and mentally prepared to take the big step into that great big empty world where I can finally get some privacy today was a wake up call. The reality of non-reality is something that the human mind, at least my own human mind, cannot understand until actually in the presence of such new wisdom. Sometimes I think that only someone as dumb as myself can be. Something. I don't know.

So, but anyway, what I gave strong thought to throughout today is again a notion that I thought about before and that I was trying to recall just how extensively I had thought it through on past occasions and I cannot recall very much but what I was thinking again about today and seemingly really for the first time to really give it serious consideration is that I my sense of reality as I sit here today is a complete fabrication and that is consistent was thoughts that have been present in my mind the past couple of days or more. The notion is that this entire universe that I perceive, which includes all of you, is a complete fabrication. I actually was feeling, and still do to the same extent as earlier today, that I actually exist in the very distant future of this present day and the world I am living in is some kind of hallucination I am now experiencing for the purpose of scientific research. I don't feel like going into a lot more detail about it right now. For one reason I want to get back to that DVD and try to get all the way through it this evening despite how it is actually quite lousy in terms of production and I feel the production is no less disappointing that I remember feeling when I first watched it back in 1994.



[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 08 December 2011 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 03:22 AM Pacific Time USA Tuesday 29 May 2012 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2012/05/palouse.html


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/String_trimmer


String trimmer

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


A string trimmer, also known as a strimmer, line trimmer, weed whacker, weed whip, weed eater, weedy, or whipper snipper, is a powered handheld device that uses a flexible monofilament line instead of a blade for cutting grass and other plants near objects. It consists of a cutting head at the end of a long shaft with a handle or handles and sometimes a shoulder strap. String trimmers powered by an internal combustion engine have the engine on the opposite end of the shaft from the cutting head while electric string trimmers typically have an electric motor in the cutting head.


History

The string trimmer was invented in the early 1970s by George Ballas of Houston, Texas, who conceived the idea while watching the revolving action of the cleaning brushes in an automatic car wash. His first trimmer was made by attaching pieces of heavy-duty fishing line to a popcorn can bolted to an edger. Ballas developed this into what he called the "Weed Eater", since it chewed up the grass and weeds around trees.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 29 May 2012 excerpt ends]










http://www.cswap.com/1971/The_Andromeda_Strain/cap/en/25fps/a/00_33

The Andromeda Strain


:33:23
At least they could've
sent a licensed driver

:33:25
to meet me at that crummy airstrip.

:33:27
They keep personnel to a minimum

:33:29
for obvious reasons.

:33:31
You're lost!

:33:32
No one's been down

:33:34
this goat path for years.

:33:36
That's how it's supposed to look.

:33:38
They spent $50,000 on it.

:33:40
Putting in the potholes?

:33:41
Getting rid of the tread marks.

:33:43
Those big tractors leave
a lasting impression.

:33:46
A lot of heavy equipment
has passed this way.

:33:55
Where's our leader?











View Larger Map



https://maps.google.com/?ll=34.200232,-95.642338&spn=0.000071,0.066047&t=h&z=15&layer=c&cbll=34.200236,-95.650688&panoid=bdyohooRfxY1_9axNNUq_A&cbp=12,130.36,,0,6

Google Maps


N Hall Rd, Antlers, Oklahoma, United States

Address is approximate










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 02/21/07 3:38 PM
The time I "remember" calling Grandma Betty on the phone and she answered. I said "Grandma?" and she said "No, you must have the wrong number." And I said, "No, Grandma, it's me."


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 21 February 2007 excerpt ends]










http://www.cswap.com/1971/The_Andromeda_Strain/cap/en/25fps/a/00_33

The Andromeda Strain


:34:11
It starts here.

:34:32
It's a great place to grow pot.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 2:11 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Tuesday 15 July 2014