Tuesday, July 29, 2014

"They despised everything but virtue, caring little for their present state of life, and thinking lightly of the possession of gold and other property, which seemed only a burden to them"




JOURNAL ARCHIVE: - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 11:47 PM Pacific Time Seattle USA Wednesday 03 April 2013 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2013/04/with-all-due-respect-chaplain-i-dont.html


With all due respect, Chaplain, I don't think our maker wants to hear from me right now.



You see, when I enter my so-called Empty World, which someone back in 1985, for example, called something similar "The Quiet Earth, you have nothing to hope for anymore.

There is no reason for hope.

What's the point to shopping, My Brother's Wife, when everything is free for the taking?

I keep wondering why I am still here in this place and now finally I think I know precisely why.





http://fanficflightdeck.space-readyroom.de/GenStories/transcript_nnm.html


NEVER NO MORE


Original Air Date: 4th February 1996


On board the Saratoga, Vansen stares out a window, watching a moon. In the background we hear Patsy Cline singing Never No More.

Never no more, will I be all alone.

Never no more, will I be a stay-at-home.

'Cause I've got me somebody

who makes me happy when I'm blue.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 03 April 2013 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: posted by H.V.O.M at 6:31 PM Tuesday, September 13, 2005


Epic poetry agrees with Tragedy in so far as it is an imitation in verse of characters of a higher type. They differ, in that Epic poetry admits but one kind of metre, and is narrative in form. They differ, again, in their length: for Tragedy endeavours, as far as possible, to confine itself to a single revolution of the sun, or but slightly to exceed this limit; whereas the Epic action has no limits of time.

The Poetics - Aristotle


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 13 September 2005 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 11:47 PM Pacific Time Seattle USA Wednesday 03 April 2013 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2013/04/with-all-due-respect-chaplain-i-dont.html


http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/janesaddiction/beencaughtstealing.html


JANE'S ADDICTION


"Been Caught Stealing"

I've been caught stealing;
once when I was 5...
I enjoy stealing.
It's just as simple as that.
Well, it's just a simple fact.
When I want something,
I don't want to pay for it.

I walk right through the door.
Walk right through the door.
Hey all right! If I get by, it's mine.
Mine all mine!

My girl, she's one too.
She'll go and get her a skirt.
Stick it under her shirt.
She grabbed a razor for me.
And she did it just like that.
When she wants something,
She don't want to pay for it.

She walk right through the door.
Walk right through the door.
Hey all right! If I get by, it's mine.
Mine all mine!

We sat around the pile.
We sat and laughed.
We sat and laughed and
Waved it into the air!
And we did it just like that.
When we want something,
We don't want to pay for it.

We walk right through the door.
Walk right through the door.
Hey, all right! If I get by, it's mine,
Mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine...


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 03 April 2013 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 11:47 PM Pacific Time Seattle USA Wednesday 03 April 2013 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2013/04/with-all-due-respect-chaplain-i-dont.html


http://fanficflightdeck.space-readyroom.de/GenStories/transcript_nnm.html


NEVER NO MORE


Original Air Date: 4th February 1996


OAKES: Lieutenant Vansen claims to have visually contacted an alien aircraft. Neither myself, Lieutenant Sullivan nor lidar saw any such craft. Lieutenant Vansen broke radio silence, abandoned formation and then the Lieutenant told us to turn tail and run. Now I don't know if that's how the 58th flies but in the 35th ...

Hawkes goes for Oakes.

HAWKES: The 58th flies ...

McQueen pulls Hawkes off.

McQUEEN: I said get back.

West leads Hawkes away.

VANSEN: I was there for you as ordered.

McQUEEN: Lieutenant ... you were ordered not to reveal your position. Now what evidence did you have of enemy activity?

VANSEN: I am not at liberty to discuss such evidence at the present time.

OAKES: And what the hell is that supposed to mean?

Vansen mouths 'I saw' at McQueen.

OAKES: Now she's just trying to cover her ass.

McQUEEN: Make a report, Captain.

McQueen takes Vansen's arm and leads her away.

Cut to a briefing room lit with red light. The senior military brass sit around a table.

VANSEN: It was approximately seventeen metres equal distance tri-wing, span ten to fifteen metres. Angle of attack was much more pronounced than standard enemy attack space craft. I did not detect any indication of the craft's position on my S.A.43 lidar. And I believe that it is capable of broadcasting false information. The craft had a fuselage. And it was bullet shaped and I didn't get a very good look. However, the nose had been marked. Writing. English. And a crude human skull.

ADMIRAL BRODEN: Could you discern its message?

VANSEN: It read ... abandon all hope.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 03 April 2013 excerpt ends]










http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/killers/allthesethingsthativedone.html


THE KILLERS


"All These Things That I've Done"


While everyone's lost, the battle is won
With all these things that I've done
All these things that I've done



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 03:47 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Tuesday 29 July 2014