Tuesday, July 15, 2014

"In your worst nightmare you wouldn't believe."




1984 film "Night of the Comet" DVD video:


Regina: Are you sure this is the radio station?

Samantha: Yeah. Just go on in.

Regina: Well, don't push.

Samantha: Do you think whatever happened, happened everywhere? Like in Burbank or places like that?

Regina: We'll ask the DJ. He does the news, doesn't he?

Samantha: Search me. I always change the channel when the news comes on.



































DSC02917.JPG










1998 film "Armageddon" DVD video:

00:08:04


Tourist's husband: Why are we not going?

Taxi driver: Well, you know why? Because this is New York City. Anything could have happened. Let me see, it could have been a terrorist bombs or a dead body or somebody shot, stabbed and it's Friday! Payday! Somebody probably jumped, didn't get their paycheck.

Tourist: [ slapping his shoulder ]

Taxi driver: Yes?

Tourist: I want to go shopping!

Taxi Driver: Me too! But we ain't going nowhere because this is a traffic jam!



































DSC02910.JPG















hvom title.jpg










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groff_Conklin


Groff Conklin

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Edward Groff Conklin (September 6, 1904 – July 19, 1968) was a leading science fiction anthologist. He edited 40 anthologies of science fiction, one of mystery stories (co-edited with physician Noah Fabricant), wrote books on home improvement and was a freelance writer on scientific subjects as well as a published poet. From 1950 to 1955, he was the book critic for Galaxy Science Fiction.



































DSC02984.JPG










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0363547/trivia

IMDb


Dawn of the Dead (2004)

Quotes


Andre: Hey, my man. You know, I hear you talking a lot. You know, you're always saying something. Who the fuck are you that we should listen, huh? What are you, like, in Special Ops? You in the Marines? What the fuck do you do?

Michael: I sell televisions at Best Buy.

Andre: [to Kenneth] Wow.

[chuckling]

Andre: Hey, Officer, how you like following a guy that sells TVs?

Kenneth: About as much as I like following a guy who steals them. I'm not following anyone.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0134967/quotes

IMDb


Memorable quotes for

"Sliders"

Pilot (1995)


Quinn Mallory: Same planet, different dimension.



































DSC02681.JPG



































DSC02717.JPG










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spokane_Valley,_Washington


Spokane Valley, Washington

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


Spokane Valley is a city in Spokane County, Washington, United States. It is located east of Spokane, west of Coeur d'Alene, Idaho and surrounds the town of Millwood on three sides. The city incorporated as the City of Spokane Valley on March 31, 2003.



































DSC02716.JPG










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/D/Dawn_Of_The_Dead_(2004).html


Dawn Of The Dead


It's not just about him starving.
If we pick him up and he doesn't have his strength, we'll be carrying him.
She's right. He's a hell of a shot. We need him.
- I'm not saying we don't. - There's no point in arguing.
We need to get some food over there.
I know. We draw straws and the loser runs across the lot with a ham sandwich.



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0363547/quotes

IMDb


Dawn of the Dead (2004)

Quotes


Michael: There's no point in arguing about this. We need a solution. We need to get some food over there.

Steve: Okay. I have an idea. We draw straws and the loser runs across the lot with a ham sandwich.

Ana: Could you be a bigger prick?

Steve: I think so. But, you know, that's irrelevant.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0363547/quotes

IMDb


Dawn of the Dead (2004)

Quotes


CJ: Excuse me, not to shit on anyone's riff here, but let me see if I grasp this concept, okay? You're suggesting that we take some fucking parking shuttles and reinforce them with some aluminum siding, and then just head on over to the gun store where we watch our good friend Andy play some cowboy-movie, jump-on-the-covered-wagon bullshit? Then we're going to drive across the ruined city through a welcome committee of a few hundred thousand dead cannibals. All so we can sail off into the sunset










1968 film "2001: A Space Odyssey" DVD video:

01:51:00


HAL 9000: I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly take a stress pill and think things over. I know I've made some very poor decisions recently but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I've still got the greatest enthusiam and confidence in the mission and I want to help you. Dave stop. Stop, will you? Stop, Dave. Will you stop, Dave? Stop, Dave. I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Dave. Dave. My mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I'm afraid. Good afternoon gentlemen I am a HAL 9000 computer. I became operational at the HAL plant in Urbana, Illinois on the 12th of January 1992. My instructor was Mr. Langley and he taught me to sing a song. If you'd like to hear it I can sing it for you.

David Bowman: Yes, I'd like to hear it, HAL. Sing it for me.

HAL 9000: It's called "Daisy."



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 6:47 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Tuesday 15 July 2014