Saturday, July 26, 2014

"How can you get a permit to do a damn illegal thing?"




http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099810/quotes

IMDb


The Hunt for Red October (1990)

Quotes


Watson: Y'know, I seen me a mermaid once. I even seen me a shark eat an octopus. But I ain't never seen no phantom Russian submarine.










http://www.azlyrics.com/c/coldplay.html

AZ LYRICS UNIVERSE

COLDPLAY

album: "X&Y" (2005)



http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/coldplay/talk.html


COLDPLAY


"Talk"

Oh brother I can't, I can't get through
I've been trying hard to reach you, cause I don't know what to do
Oh brother I can't believe it's true
I'm so scared about the future and I wanna talk to you
Oh I wanna talk to you
You can take a picture of something you see
In the future where will I be?
You can climb a ladder up to the sun
Or write a song nobody has sung
Or do something that's never been done

Are you lost or incomplete?
Do you feel like a puzzle, you can't find your missing piece?
Tell me how do you feel?
Well I feel like they're talking in a language I don't speak
And they're talking it to me










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099810/quotes

IMDb


The Hunt for Red October (1990)

Quotes


Watson: Seaman Jones here is into music in a big way, and he views this whole boat as his own personal, private stereo set. Well, one day he's got this piece of Pavarotti...

Seaman Jones: It was Paganini.

Watson: Whatever.

Seaman Jones: It was Paganini.

Watson: Look, this is my story, okay?

Seaman Jones: Then tell it right, COB. Pavarotti is a tenor, Paganini was a composer.

Watson: So anyway, he's got this music out in the water, and he's listening to it on his headsets, and he's just happy as a clam. And then all hell breaks loose. See, there's this whole slew of boats out in the water...

Seaman Jones: Including one WAY out at Pearl!

Watson: Including one way the hell out at Pearl. All of a sudden, they start hearing, Pavarotti...

Beaumont: Pavarotti!










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 01/24/07 1:36 AM
Very odd dream about trying to drive a car. The problem though was that I was in a seat behind the driver's seat and to the right. It seems like a forgotten dream that has recurred a million forgotten times. I was trying to navigate the car, it was some kind of van actually at that point, while in traffic, with heavy rain, going down a steep, long hill that is vaguely familiar as I analyze that image still in my waking mind. Sometime later I was stopped and I think it was a car at that point, perhaps at the bottom of the hill. I got and was trying to do something, perhaps rearranging the stuff in the car. There was a lot of stuff in there and I remember from that dream that it was somebody's else but I don't know whose it was and why it was in there. But one item I do remember was there was a garbage can full of garbage in it that was spilling over onto the driver's seat and I was moving that to another location in the back of the car. I was parked next to the garbage can from the house I was in front of and thought about leaving the garbage there but did not. Someone I knew from somewhere, perhaps in the place I had just left, walked by and said something that I don't remember.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 01/24/07 1:46 AM
It seems like a important detail that when I was trying to steer that van while seated in a rear seat, I could hardly see anything outside. All the side windows were blocked and I don't remember looking towards the rear of the van. Even the windshield was partially covered, leaving only a smaller clear area to see through.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 24 January 2007 excerpt ends]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099575/quotes

IMDb


Fire Birds (1990)

Quotes


Brad Little: Mr. Preston, this operation will be a failure if we all die!










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099810/quotes

IMDb


The Hunt for Red October (1990)

Quotes


[Ryan is on board a plane experiencing violent turbulence]

Navigator C-2A: What's the matter Commander? You don't like flying, huh? Aw, this is nothing! You should've been with us five, six months ago! Whoa! You talk about puke! We ran into a hailstorm over the Sea of Japan. Everybody's retching their guts out! The pilot shot his lunch all over the windshield, and I barfed on the radio! Shorted it out completely! And it wasn't that lightweight stuff either, it was that chunky industrial weight puke!

[offers him the candy bar he's been eating]

Navigator C-2A: Hey, you want a bite?

Jack Ryan: Jack, next time you get a bright idea just put it in a memo!










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099810/quotes

IMDb


The Hunt for Red October (1990)

Quotes


[a torpedo is racing toward them]

Capt. Vasili Borodin: Torpedo impact, 20 seconds.

Captain Ramius: [to Ryan] What books?

Jack Ryan: Pardon me?

Captain Ramius: What books did you write?

Jack Ryan: I wrote a biography of, of Admiral Halsey, called "The Fighting Sailor", about, uh, naval combat tactics...

Captain Ramius: I know this book!

Capt. Vasili Borodin: Torpedo impact...

Captain Ramius: Your conclusions were all wrong, Ryan...

Capt. Vasili Borodin: ...10 seconds.

Captain Ramius: ...Halsey acted stupidly.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 10:05 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Saturday 26 July 2014