Saturday, July 19, 2014

Just a matter of time.




I wrote this down just minutes after waking up from the last sleeping dream of many I remember from the last time I was sleeping. I feel there is something I am forgetting but I still remember most of it very well. There doesn't seem to be that usual sense associated with it that I cannot recall earlier details leading up to the dream. The dream I remember starts with me waiting in a line although there isn't much of a line there. I remember it starting that I am in a line to check-in with a security, as I think now for context I recall the passport line at a international airport. None of the surroundings in this dream are familiar though. There are other people there are I aware of we all have luggage and have packed for a long trip but we, or I, minimized the amount of luggage carried along. I am aware of another person. I almost seem to be that person but I am not certain if this is some kind of dream symbolism, something where the context of a real memory gets lost and the dream confuses actual detail. I see people have overpacked their luggage and most cannot get the zippers closed on the luggage. The person I seem to be does have the luggage closed and I seem to open one to get my identification out as I am standing in front of the security clerk. We exchange some comments that I forget now. There is something about that actor who voiced the promo's for the CNN station. I forget his name now. James something. James Earl Jones, that's it. As though I am seeing him talking to the security clerk. I have the sense of the other people going through are reporters, civilians. I have the sense of something about Iraq. The person I think of as James Earl Jones might just be confused dream symbolism about a real memory. In real memory I might be struggling with a detail about a real person who for some reason reminds me for some reason of that actor James Earl Jones and instead of seeing that real person in the sleeping dream that person shows up as the symbolic association. So anyway James Earl Jones shares a few comments with the security clerk and I forget those now. I remember something about James Earl Jones is a pilot and I hear something about "ninja" as though that is the type of plane he flies and the security guard comments about how another specific person on base also pilots that type of aircraft. James Earl Jones then says to the security clerk something similar to "be advised I am mean and I eat concertina wire and piss napalm" just as three guys in civilian clothes are walking behind him as they laugh as they walk by and speak out the name of the film that is from but they get the names wrong. I heard in the dream the names they called out but they were wrong and I cannot now recall what they said. James Earl Jones said something similar to how he "always knows he is around Marines when" and I didn't hear everything he said. Then I have passed through that security checkpoint and I seem to be myself although why I feel that way I am not certain. I don't see James Earl Jones anywhere. I am aware that I have luggage with me. I am aware of the civilian clothing I wear. I feel good. I think I look good. I am wearing dark sunglasses as I am briefly walking through hallways. I vaguely recall someone telling me I shouldn't wear sunglasses in there and I don't recall visualizing the person who said that to me. I am left only with the vague sense of how that guy was an officer and I am left with the same sense he was a junior officer and there is the question in my mind whether I outranked him as an officer and so that makes wonder if that was when I was a chief warrant officer. So the reason I decided to write about this particular dream, despite how I have a lot of sleeping dreams I never write about is because I saw numbers in this dream and I still clearly remember those numbers. I walked to my destination and I went through a door that was mostly glass and I walked into a what seemed to be a laundry room. There were washing machines to my right and I can visualize those vague shapes better than the garment lockers to my left. I was in there because one of the lockers on my left with assigned to me for my luggage. I saw myself piling my luggage on top of a washing machine as I prepared to open the combination lock on my locker. I was in a small room that was apparently the entrance to a larger room. I would say there were three or four washing machines to my right. I cannot visualize the number of lockers to my left. In the room in front of me there was apparently a larger open space and in there was apparently a larger number of washing machines. I saw a guy cleaning one of them although that might have been a clothes dryer he was working on judging by the door he had open. Apparently I had already been there before because I was ready to open my locker and I was standing there thinking I had no idea what was the combination code for my locker but that was all right because I had written it on top of one of the washing machines. The number I saw clearly and that I clearly remember after waking up was '11239'. That was scrawled in black ink on the white finish on the top of the washing machine door. Next to it was where I put down a brown folder. That folder contained my papers and that folder was clearly a United States military document I remember from my service in the United States Navy. None of that dream was familiar from actual memory. I have not yet tried to ascertain why in a sleeping dream, with the fact established before here that I sometimes have sleeping dreams about work, I would see '11239' written on top of a washing machine.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 3:39 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Saturday 19 July 2014