Sunday, July 20, 2014

Terrier




http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0667838/quotes

IMDb


The Outer Limits (TV Series)

The Inheritors: Part 1 (1964)

Quotes


[first lines]

Control Voice: In the troubled places of the world, the Devil's hunter finds rare game. For manmade savagery is only the instrument for a secret terror stirring from its dark place of ambush.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0667838/plotsummary

IMDb


The Outer Limits (TV Series)

The Inheritors: Part 1 (1964)

Plot Summary


Four soldiers have been shot in the head by bullets made from the fragment of a meteorite. As a result, they have developed genius level IQs. Three of them have disappeared, one remains in hospital. Adam Ballard, Assistant Secretary of Science, believes the men have been taken over by an alien intelligence, and that they are working to bring some evil plan to fruition.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112384/quotes

IMDb


Apollo 13 (1995)

Quotes


Blanche Lovell: Are you scared?

Susan Lovell: [nods]

Blanche Lovell: Don't you worry. If they could get a washing machine to fly, my Jimmy could land it.




























http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsandDiary/Gallery.aspx

The official website of The British Monarchy


http://www.royal.gov.uk/List%20Images/Latest%20News/Nov12/ln%20nov12%20rvp2.jpg


The Queen meets Ashleigh Butler and her performing dog Pudsey after the Royal Variety Performance at the Royal Albert Hall in London, 19 November 2012.










http://www.tv.com/shows/the-outer-limits/the-inheritors-21524/trivia/

tv.com


The Outer Limits Season 5 Episode 17

The Inheritors

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Jul 16, 1999 on Showtime

Quotes


[Opening Narration]

Control Voice: From the time our earliest ancestors looked to the stars we have wondered what secrets they held. But will we be ready when those answers are disclosed?










From 4/17/1962 ( premiere US TV series episode "Alfred Hitchcock Presents"::"The Kerry Blue" ) To 6/19/1968 ( the 1st United States Navy Medal of Honor date of record of my biological brother Thomas Reagan the United States Navy officer and Thomas Reagan is the only United States of America military fighter jet ace-in-single-day during the Vietnam War ) is 2255 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/5/1972 is 2255 days



[ http://hvom.blogspot.com/2013/05/boston-marathon-where-will-little-green_12.html ]



http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F70F1FFD3C591A7493C4A9178AD85F468785F9


The New York Times


Article Preview

President Orders the Development of a Space Shuttle; Cost of 6-Year Project Put at $5.5-Billion -50,000 Jobs Seen Nixon Orders Space Shuttle Developed

By ROBERT B. SEMPLE Jr.Special to The New York Times ();

January 06, 1972,

, Section , Page 1, Column , words

[ DISPLAYING ABSTRACT ]

SAN CLEMENTE, Calif., Jan. 5 -- President Nixon ordered the Government today to proceed "at once" to develop a spaceship designed to shuttle easily from earth to earth orbit and back again.










http://www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/780/pg780.txt


The Project Gutenberg EBook of The War in the Air, by Herbert George Wells


3


"It's this 'stability' does 'em," said Grubb, repeating his newspaper. "They pitch and they pitch, till they pitch themselves to pieces."

Experiments fell away after two expectant years of this sort of success, the public and then the newspapers tired of the expensive photographic reproductions, the optimistic reports, the perpetual sequence of triumph and disaster and silence. Flying slumped, even ballooning fell away to some extent, though it remained a fairly popular sport, and continued to lift gravel from the wharf of the Bun Hill gas-works and drop it upon deserving people's lawns and gardens.










http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/modestmouse/flytrappedinajar.html


MODEST MOUSE


"Fly Trapped In A Jar"

Of part and parcel,
So well we're already dead,
Well it's probably been said,
That it's always been said,
That,










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 11:40 AM Sunday, January 02, 2011


Stampede Pass





I must have been lying in bed for over four hours last night and could not fall asleep for that much time and longer because I started thinking during the night last night that Stampede Pass is where I materialized after the L-1011 Stargazer spiraled down from over forty thousand feet after breaking into pieces and then crashed with such force that it virtually vaporized on contact with that ground. I started thinking of how that scene with "Picard" and his wife announcing that dinner was ready could be a detail I created to represent the details I read about the source of the name for Stampede Pass, as well as how "Kirk" mentions that he smell something burning in the kitchen. I thought over many details last night as I hoped to fall asleep and I was thinking of how the dialog with the statue in the 1996 film "Star Trek: First Contact" is about how after I understood that my aircraft was unflyable because, for one reason, a wing had just broken off due to impact with debris from the Pegasus rocket that had just exploded in front of my windshield, I was turned around part ways in my seat as the pilot and I had my had outreached to shake the hand of Kerry Burgess and I spoke that flying with had been an honor but the aircraft was spinning too fast for us to shake hands. When I materialized at Stampede Pass I felt as though I had materialized about one inch or two above the ground and I found myself standing there in the woods on that dirt road with absolutely no idea where I was and I was standing there with my hand still reaching out to shake his hand.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 02 January 2011 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Tue, June 6, 2006 11:51:02 AM

Subject: Journal June 2, 2006


Something similar to: “Hello, Baghdad Bob? Yeah, I’m flying in a message from the Stark, federal express. I hope you’re there to take delivery, but if not, that’s up to you.”


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 06 June 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 1:25 PM Tuesday, November 02, 2010


"The second you don't respect this, it kills you."





I have not had any similar aches and pains as this problem with my shoulder, which still lingers slightly, in a long time. The funny part about this is that in the days leading up to this observation, over the span of several hours during two days, as best I recall, I was experiencing an extensive line of thought about Kerry Burgess having returned. The real Kerry Burgess and not me pretending and lying about being Kerry Burgess and lying because I do not have any alternative except to maintain this identity and who can prove anyway that I am not Kerry Burgess?

The extensive line of thought was that Kerry Burgess suddenly appeared in my living room and he was almost in a state of shock because, for him, the Stargazer aircraft had just made contact with the ground after spiraling down to the Earth from forty thousand feet above and then being vaporized by the sudden impact. I walked over to him and explained that he was all right and he called me "Tom" but he wasn't sure because I look a lot different now and I explained that I am not Tom and that I am supposed to be him, Kerry Burgess, and I have the memory of Kerry Burgess, until 1990, but I have specific knowledge of Tom Reagan, and so I am neither. I am someone completely different. We discussed how I am one of the undercover identities that was created for Kerry Burgess and that he helped design.

The real Kerry then wanted to know where Tom was and I explained that I think Tom does not exist right now, similar to how you did not exist in this world until a few minutes ago and that this is the year 2010 and you have not existed in this world since the year 1994. I also explained that Tom Reagan emerged from the 27 June 1994 crash almost immediately after the crash but then Tom died again in 1998. Instead of the real Tom Reagan emerging again in 1998, this person I am now emerged and I went to work in this identity.

I was also thinking about where Tom Reagan went in 1998 and he did emerge but he is very far away and has been there by himself all this time and he is on his way back. Unlike the real Kerry Burgess that emerged after 16 years, Tom Reagan has aged naturally and he looks normal as he would have for someone who has aged 16 years. Kerry Burgess emerged at the same age as he was in 1994.

So the funny part is that, during all that thinking, sometime, I am pretty certain was on 30 October 2010, Kerry Burgess was standing in my living room and he wanted to know why I had the matches laid out on my keyboard.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 02 November 2010 excerpt ends]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0667838/quotes

IMDb


The Outer Limits (TV Series)

The Inheritors: Part 1 (1964)

Quotes


Lieutenant Minns: I understand my IQ is going up, but that's very funny because I don't feel any smarter.










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=the-outer-limits-1963&episode=s02e10

Springfield! Springfield!


The Outer Limits (1963)

The Inheritors


What is it, Adam? Some kind of freak? No, sir, it's not a freak.
And it's more than just a coincidence.
These four men are medical miracles.
They had bullets in their brains, should have died and didn 't.
And when the bullets were removed, another brain , an intelligence, got in and took over.
And I mean intelligence.
Three of these men developed lQs over 200.
Over 200.
Yes, sir.
Above genius level.
- What have they been doing? - I don 't know.
- Where are they now? - Gone.
They just up and went.
No precautions were taken with Hadley and Conover.
There wasn 't any need to.
But precautions were taken with Renaldo, for all the good it did.
When he wanted out, he just walked.
I can 't find out why the hospital guards didn 't stop him.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0667838/quotes

IMDb


The Outer Limits (TV Series)

The Inheritors: Part 1 (1964)

Quotes


Lieutenant Minns: No, nobody waiting for me.

Adam Ballard: None of those other men have any ties either.

Lieutenant Minns: Link after link. So many things in common. There's gotta be a reason, a purpose, is that it, Mr. Ballard?

Adam Ballard: No clue, Lieutenant? No inkling what it might be? Something alien in your head. Something guiding you, pointing you, directing you.

Lieutenant Minns: [softly] No.

Adam Ballard: What are you reading?

Lieutenant Minns: Just something I found in the library. Idle curiosity. Morgan's Theoretical Analysis of Comprehensive Finance.










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=the-outer-limits-1963&episode=s02e10

Springfield! Springfield!


The Outer Limits (1963)

The Inheritors


Hello, Renaldo.
- It's been a while.
- Yeah.
You've been here all the time? Yeah, practically.
Sit down , Mr Ballard.
Sit down .
For a guy with a big brain like mine, I got a lot of respect for you .
Have a drink.
No.
Something wrong, Renaldo? No.
What could be wrong? I'm celebrating.
I just finished my mission Whatever that is.
- Three guesses.
What is it? - Some kind of motive device.
( laughs) Hey.
Well, wasn 't I right? Don 't I know my IQs? You couldn 't tell just by looking, Mr Ballard.
- How did you know? - I guessed.
(scoffs) You did? Hadley's experimenting with a system of air conditioning, Conover with vehicle design and metallurgy.
Obviously, whatever is being planned needs a motor.
And I'm the last one with this gift up here.
- The next to last.
What is it? - Who's the last? You don 't know? Lieutenant Phillip Minns.
- He's the one that sent me the money? - Yes.
And that's how you found me? Not that I was hiding.
Want to show me what it does? Like everything connected with this thing, if you need to know, suddenly you learn .
If you need money, suddenly you get money! Anything.
Anything to finish the job, the the project! Nothing can stop it.
But if you want to get it off your back If you want to walk out on it Oh, no.
You can 't do that.
You're hooked.
The monkey's got you .
You do what's inside your head! No matter how your insides are busting.
Look, Renaldo (shouting) Look, why don 't you take a drink! Watch this, Ballard.
This is motor power like nothing you've ever seen ! No fuel.
No moving parts.
(buzzing) (electronic humming) You understand, Ballard? I beat gravity.
The pull of the Earth.
You understand that, Ballard? You can stop fighting.
We're going home.
We're gonna to put an end to this project.
- What did you say, Mr Ballard? - We're gonna put an end to this project.
(electronic humming) I don 't know what happened.
I was talking to Renaldo in Tokyo, last thing I remember.
Now I'm in lndianapolis, at the Memorial Day Race.
I've lost more than two weeks.
We've been frantic.
We put out searches, but couldn 't find you .










From 3/16/1991 ( my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate Columbia South Carolina ) To 7/16/1999 is 3044 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 3/4/1974 ( Richard Nixon - Letter to Chairmen and Ranking Minority Members of the Senate and House Veterans' Affairs Committees About Improvements in the Veterans Disability Compensation Program ) is 3044 days



From 4/13/1958 ( premiere US film "Hell's Five Hours" ) To 12/25/1991 ( as United States Marine Corps chief warrant officer Kerry Wayne Burgess I was prisoner of war in Croatia ) is 12309 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 7/16/1999 is 12309 days



From 6/29/1948 ( Harry Truman - Statement by the President Upon Signing Bill Providing Retirement Benefits for Members of the Armed Forces Reserves ) To 5/12/1991 ( I was the winning race driver at the Monaco Grand Prix ) To 7/16/1999 is 18644 days

18644 = 9322 + 9322

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 5/12/1991 ( I was the winning race driver at the Monaco Grand Prix ) is 9322 days



From 4/11/1941 ( premiere US film "Battle of the Atlantic" ) To 7/16/1999 is 21280 days

21280 = 10640 + 10640

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 12/20/1994 ( in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my United States Navy Cross medal date of record ) is 10640 days



From 1/17/1991 ( the date of record of my United States Navy Medal of Honor as Kerry Wayne Burgess chief warrant officer United States Marine Corps circa 1991 ) To 7/16/1999 is 3102 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 5/1/1974 ( the United States of America Privacy Act of 1974 introduced in the United States Senate ) is 3102 days





http://www.tv.com/shows/the-outer-limits/the-inheritors-21524/

tv.com


The Outer Limits Season 5 Episode 17

The Inheritors

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Jul 16, 1999 on Showtime

Musician Jacob Hardy (Nicholas Lea) is strolling with his fiancee Kara Delaney (Stacy Grant) when a meteor explodes over the city. One of the tiny fireballs which rain down seems to chase Jacob, striking him down and penetrating his skull, instantly killing him. Medical Examiner Dr. Ian Michaels (Tom Irwin) conducts the autopsy with the help of his assistant, Ollie Gibb (Don MacKay). He finds an unusual bullet-like projectile lodged in the victim's brain. Moments after removing the object, the hole in Hardy's skull begins to emit an eerie light, and a horrific tentacle emerges, thrashing briefly before retreating back into the wound. And, more astonishing still, the corpse sits bolt upright, shoves the coroners aside and escapes into the night. Ian, shaken, reports the bizarre events to homicide investigator Lt. Joseph Dane (Bill Smitrovich), who is skeptical to say the least. The mystery deepens, when during a visit to his comatose wife (a long-term victim of a hit and run driver) at a local hospital, Ian learns that Jacob Hardy was not the only meteor casualty who had inexplicably risen from the dead. So did taxi driver, Curtis Sawyer, and waitress Kelly Risely (Sarah Jane Redmond). Police Lieutenant Dane investigates and learns that all three have apparently become borderline geniuses in the wake of their transformations. More unsettling, they seem to be working in concert.

AIRED: 7/16/99










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0051714/releaseinfo

IMDb


Hell's Five Hours (1958)

Release Info

USA 13 April 1958










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=12945

The American Presidency Project

Harry S. Truman

XXXIII President of the United States: 1945-1953

145 - Statement by the President Upon Signing Bill Providing Retirement Benefits for Members of the Armed Forces Reserves.

June 29, 1948

I HAVE today signed H.R. 2744, title III of which provides for retirement benefits for individuals who remain active in the various programs for the Reserve components of our Armed Forces for at least 20 years.

Reserve personnel of the Army, the Air Force, the Navy, the Marine Corps, and the Coast Guard alike will receive retirement benefits under this title in direct proportion to the time and effort expended in the Reserves. These benefits will furnish an added incentive, which has been lacking heretofore, for well-trained men to remain active in the Reserves for a number of years. By making this kind of provision for the establishment of a career Reserve, this title is a very significant step forward in our organization for national defense.

The way is now open to the development of an ever-ready Reserve as an integral part of the United States Armed Forces. To achieve this end is the responsibility of the civilian heads of the national defense agencies. But in a deeper sense the responsibility rests on the officers and enlisted men of the Regular Armed Forces and their counterparts in the Reserve forces of each service.

If the standing forces of the Regular establishments are to be kept small, as is the tradition in the United States, the civilian Reserve must always be ready as part of the trained nucleus around which a citizen Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, and Air Force can be built if the need ever arises. The Reserve and Regular forces must therefore work together in effective teamwork, with the Regular services providing the equipment, the training facilities, and the expert guidance needed by the Reserve forces, and the Reserve personnel devoting their best efforts to keeping our national defense establishment in a constant state of readiness.

As Commander in Chief, I call upon the Regular services to work with the Reserves in full partnership in maintaining a vigorous and effective national defense. As a civilian who has been a Reserve officer for many years, I call upon the Reserves to accept their responsibilities and, in the fullest measure, to live up to the opportunities which this legislation gives them.

Note: As enacted, H.R. 2744 is Public Law 810, Both Congress (62 Stat. 1081).





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_Assistance_Advisory_Group


Military Assistance Advisory Group

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Military Assistance Advisory Group (MAAG) is a designation for American military advisers sent to other countries to assist in the training of conventional armed forces and facilitate military aid. Although numerous MAAG's operated around the world throughout the 1940s-1970's, the most famous MAAG's were those active in Southeast Asia before and during the Vietnam War. Typically, the personnel of MAAG's were considered to be technical staff attached to, and enjoying the privileges of, the US diplomatic mission a country. Though the term is not as widespread as it once was, the functions performed by MAAG's continue to be performed by successor organizations attached to embassies, often called United States Military Groups (USMILGP or MILGRP). The term MAAG may still occasionally be used for such organizations helping promote military partnerships with several Latin American countries such as Peru and the Dominican Republic as well as in African countries such as Liberia.[citation needed]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 02/19/09 12:26 PM
There were several interesting dream sequences as I was asleep after waking up a while ago.


JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 02/19/09 12:34 PM
In another scene I am fighting with a group of soldiers that I have been thinking for a while were from some undeveloped country and I was there with them in the 1980's as a military advisor. The objective of my training was to get them close enough to the soldiers in the more advanced army that had invaded their country so those soldiers with the much less advanced equipment could deploy their medieval-era equipment against the soldiers armed with 20th century arms. So we were crawling along in some field that was scorched as though a fire had swept through the vegetation and I could see a bunker in the distance that I am thinking had a machine gun in it and that it what my allies were trying to neutralize. My reason for being there was to teach them unconventional methods for getting close enough to the enemy soldiers. The idea was that if we suceeded and survived then they could spread that knowledge to the other soldiers of their army. I have also been thinking this all had something to do with a battle that happened long ago under similar circumstances and might have been Poland or Czech or Hungary. The soldiers on horseback tried to engage a large group of German soldiers in armored tanks and the battle was pointless in terms of the lives of the defending soldiers. So I can still visualize crawling along in that field and I can visualize the weapon we were pulling behind us as we tried to get it close enough to deploy but I do not know what kind of weapon it actually was we were dragging. Crazily enough it could have actually been a catapult. The last part I remember is that the enemy soldiers started dropping mortar rounds on us and I remember from the dream that we were trying to take cover and the mortar rounds were exploding all around us. We had some kind of container made out of sheet metal that we were trying to take cover in but there was some kind of concern in my mind during the dream that a mortar round next to the open side of the container was going to magnify the explosion and that was a concern. I don't remember anything after that and I think that is when I woke up.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 19 February 2009 excerpt ends]





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croatian_Defence_Forces


Croatian Defence Forces

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Croatian Defence Forces (Croatian: Hrvatske obrambene snage, HOS) were the military arm of the Croatian Party of Rights (HSP) from 1991 to 1992, during the first stages of the Yugoslav wars. During the Croatian War of Independence, the HOS organized several early companies and participated in Croatia's defense. At the peak of the war in Croatia, the HOS was several battalions in size. The first HOS units were headed by Ante Paradžik, an HSP member who was killed by Croatian police in September 1991. After the November 1991 general mobilization in Croatia and the January 1992 cease-fire, the HOS was absorbed by the Croatian Army.

The HOS units in Bosnia and Herzegovina consisted of Croats, Bosniaks and foreign volunteers led by Blaž Kraljevic. On 9 August 1992, Kraljevic and eight staff members were assassinated by Croatian Defence Council (HVO) soldiers under the command of Mladen Naletilic. The HOS was disbanded shortly afterwards, and absorbed by the HVO and the Army of the Republic of Bosnia and Herzegovina at the beginning of the Croat-Bosniak War. The last HOS unit was dissolved on 5 April 1993 in central Bosnia.


Bosnia and Herzegovina

Blaž Kraljevic was a Croat paramilitary leader who commanded the HOS during the first few months of the Bosnian War. When the war began, Kraljevic positioned the HOS as the primary Croat militia





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Militia

Militia

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A militia generally is an army or other fighting force that is composed of non-professional fighters; citizens of a nation or subjects of a state or government that can be called upon to enter a combat situation, as opposed to a professional force of regular, full-time military personnel










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 3:16 PM Pacific Time USA Friday 08 June 2012 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2012/06/how-long-has-there-been-redman-cemetery.html


How long has there been a 'Redman Cemetery' in De Queen Arkansas?




Only after posting here my last note did I notice the name of that cemetery on Google Maps that I had already opened.

I knew the cemetery was there because I recall that is where Dale Parker was buried. I can recall talking to my sister that I had stopped there one time to visit his grave and that must have been the 1990s. I think I was driving that white 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee but maybe not. The more I think about it that might have been the early 1990s as in 1990 or 1991. I think I was driving that red 1990 Mazda RX-7 but I cannot recall that detail in that memory. The confusing detail is that I had driven through De Queen Arkansas on my way to visit in Ashdown Arkansas and that wasn't the route I usually drove there from South Carolina. In Charleston South Carolina from the US Navy base I would travel along US interstate highway I-20 and then turn north at Shreveport towards Texarkana. From Charlotte North Carolina I had driven I-40 through Tennessee and I seem to recall that distance was about the same as if I had taken I-85 to Atlanta. There was also that time I lived briefly in Memphis TN and I was just thinking of that yesterday and I think again with a sense of confounded certainty that my biological brother's wife was working as a medical doctor in a hospital in Memphis at that same time. I had an apartment I really liked that was on a golf course. The racketeering production the 1993 film "The Firm" is set in Memphis and I would have definitely been in Memphis just before that because I traded in that Mazda RX-7 for a brand new 1992 Plymouth Voyager [ correction: Plymouth Laser ] automobile.

So anyway, I decided to make this note because I just noticed that cemetery in De Queen Arkansas is 'Redman.' I know exactly where it is but I had no idea its name. I doubt I would have ever guessed that name with only information from my mind.

In the dream, I saw those two actors from the racketeering production the 1994 television miniseries "The Stand." I seemed to be dreaming from the perspective where in the dream I was "Stu Redman." Riding on the back of the "Sears moped" I clearly saw in the dream was the actress who portrays "Frannie."

The dream started with some details that are now too vague to recall and then I am driving the "Sears moped" and "Frannie" is riding behind on a seat. I can't really visualize the construction of that "Sears moped" but I had clearly seen "Sears" printed somewhere on the frame and the vehicle seemed to be more of a ten-speed bicycle (of unknown gearing construction) and that had a gas-powered motor attached to it.

I was vaguely aware that I, from the perspective of the eyes of "Stu Redman" was driving that moped past that house I used to own in Greer South Carolina and I was aware in the dream that I, as "Stu Redman" in the dream, turned down the power on that loud moped motor as "I" passed that house and I was aware that was because "I" did not want to the occupants of the house, which I guess was mine, to hear "us" passing by on the street outside.

Then I was aware that the moped was almost out of gas and I was thinking about how that was because I had the power cranked up as far as it would go and the vehicle didn't travel very fast and I think being awake now of how despite the fact that the fuel was consumed very quickly I had yet seen myself start out in Greer South Carolina and then I was in De Queen Arkansas.

So we had traveled a long distance. Only after being awake did I think about how I had found myself almost out of fuel and while I had arrived in front of Randy Romine's house.

I was aware in the dream, as in "The Stand," that the world was empty now. I wasn't expecting to see any other people and I was standing in the car port of his house and I was puzzled at what I saw in a small trash can in the car port. There were cubes of ice floating in some water and there was other stuff in the trash can, which I guess was rubbish. I was standing there looking over and puzzled about why there was ice there where there shouldn't be ice and I recall that I pulled out a small screwdriver from the front pocket of my shirt, which was something I used to carry around for computer work in my employment in the 1990s and I think while in the US Navy, and I started to examine those cubes of ice but at that point "Frannie" walked away and started walking over to the house to the north because there was a man standing out there in the yard of that house and he was working on an automobile.

There was some other stuff going on after but I am not entirely certain which parts I dreamed after that point and which part are details I was thinking of after waking up.

I really wish I could get a good nights sleep.

Earlier I woke from a vivid dream where I again was aware that I was wearing the ribbon for the Navy Cross on my US Marine Corps uniform. I have been having those dreams for a while and today I was thinking afterwards, possibly not for the first time, that I am dreaming of actual memories of when I started wearing that ribbon on my uniform and what I am dreaming of is the memory of me noticing the reactions of other people who see that ribbon on my uniform shirt. So anyway, in this most recent dream, a woman, who seemed to be a civilian working in the same office I was attached to, asked me to look at a trash can there in one room of the office. There was something about civilian, perhaps her manager, wanted it looked at because another person, apparently a civilian had been in there and I not really clear what that was all about. So I am looking at the trash can, which is plastic and green and could have been a recycling bin, and the top cover has become warped and so the cover will not seal over the container. Then I, for some unknown reason, have turned over the container and I am looking at the light that tries to pass through the plastic structure that separates my line of sight from the light fixtures in the office building ceiling. That's when I notice there is a rectangular object casting a shadow as though there is a false bottom in the trash can and there is a rectangular object stored in the false bottom. I decide right then to try to catch that unknown civilian before he leaves the building, I am running or walking briskly through the hallways, someone might have commented then about my Navy Cross, then I am yelling at the security guards, who were fairly heavily armed with hidden weapons I could see as I came up behind them and their security guard desk counter but the person is already at the building's front door before they hear me and they can't stop him. I am then outside and had grabbed some paper from an office printer near the front door so I can write down the license plate of the car he runs to while I yell at him to stop. The last thing I hear is from the woman driving the car and she yells back to me, after I get almost beside her front door, "We're going to sue you!" I think she said more but that was the basic message.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 08 June 2012 excerpt ends]










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=4373

The American Presidency Project

Richard Nixon

XXXVII President of the United States: 1969 - 1974

67 - Letter to Chairmen and Ranking Minority Members of the Senate and House Veterans' Affairs Committees About Improvements in the Veterans Disability Compensation Program

March 4, 1974

I AM WRITING to ask that your committee, the Senate [House] Committee on Veterans' Affairs, work with us in giving special consideration to ways that we can improve the benefits received by disabled veterans and their survivors.

Of the twenty-nine million living veterans in America, over two million have been disabled in the military service of their country. Those who have died of such disabilities have left nearly 375,000 survivors who look to a grateful nation for assistance.

In a sense, the Nation can never fully repay these men and women and their families for their devotion and sacrifice. We can assure, however, that the value of the benefits they receive from veterans programs keeps pace with the cost of living, and we can act to assure that VA compensation to service-disabled veterans provides full compensation for impaired earning ability.

In the past, the Nation has generously responded to the needs of these veterans and their families in a number of ways-through VA compensation payments, medical care, vocational rehabilitation and education, and specially adapted housing, automobiles and life insurance. In total, the Veterans Administration budget will provide $5.3 billion for these programs in fiscal year 1975, an increase of 56 percent over the amount spent in 1969.

It is nonetheless true that many disabled veterans are under-compensated today. As you know, the Congress has been reviewing along with the Administration the results of an in-depth survey of service disabled veterans. The survey was designed to determine the accuracy of the VA compensation rating schedule and thereby the ability of VA compensation payments to meet the declared objective of this program: to compensate veterans for impairment of their earning capacity. Preliminary results of this survey, already shared with your Committee, together with further analysis recently completed, confirms the need for structural change.

These survey results show that many disabled veterans are under-compensated by a rating schedule basically unchanged since 1945 and that the degree of under compensation is greatest for many of the severely disabled. Accordingly, I have asked the Administrator of Veterans Affairs to work with your Committee to develop proposals for basic improvements in the veterans compensation program, including those structural changes which would assure more equitable treatment of the seriously disabled.

As a first step, the Administrator shortly will be sending the following proposals for consideration of the Congress:

--Increases in benefits paid to all recipients of veterans compensation and dependents and indemnity compensation (DIC). The objective is to lift all benefits by the amount of the increase in cost-of-living since increases for these programs were last enacted in August and January of 1972 respectively. This would be accomplished by a 12 percent increase for veterans compensation and a 14 percent for DIC. I propose that these increases be made effective March 1. The total cost of both increases will be $432 million in the first full year following enactment.

--Protection of compensation and DIC benefits in the future. An automatic adjustment in benefits is needed to recognize future increases in the cost-of-living, as measured by the Consumer Price Index. This feature would resemble that which I have proposed already for protection of VA pension recipients.

---Structural changes in veterans compensation which will bring the disability ratings of underrated veterans up to a level corresponding to what survey data show to be their actual degree of impairment. Such action can target VA compensation increases to the veterans suffering the greatest degree of economic hardship imposed by their disability. The cost-of-living adjustment which I am proposing for all disabled veterans, together with the further increases provided by these structural adjustments, will result in far greater percentage increases in compensation for seriously disabled veterans than any across-the-board increase now under consideration.

I know that the Congress shares my concern for disabled veterans and their survivors. Just as this Administration and the Congress are cooperating to develop immediate and needed improvements in the veterans' and widows' pension programs, I look forward to a similar cooperative effort to develop promptly the needed improvements in the veterans compensation program.
With every good wish,
Sincerely,

RICHARD NIXON










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=the-outer-limits-1963&episode=s02e10

Springfield! Springfield!


The Outer Limits (1963)

The Inheritors


And a missing physicist.
- Does it seem obvious what's going on ? Each man working independently under the compulsion of that intruder brain .
Each man giving the appearance of not hiding, they use their own names, of being honest, above board, ethical, good men .
- I've heard that expression several times.
- Go on , Adam.
But each of them subservient to that monitor in his brain .
That intruder which instructs, coordinates, protects the project.
Whatever that project is.
I got the impression that these men hate what has happened to them.
Hate what they are doing even as they unwillingly do it.
Not just frightening.
It's terrifying.
These men are tormented and unable to control themselves.
They'll be charming if they have to be, and vicious if they must, for whatever dark and evil purpose their efforts are leading them towards.










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=the-outer-limits-1963&episode=s02e10

Springfield! Springfield!


The Outer Limits (1963)

The Inheritors


Lieutenant! Lieutenant! - How'd you know I'm a lieutenant, Johnny? - How'd you know I'm Johnny? - What can I do for you? - I wanna go with you .
Do you , Johnny? Do you know where I'm going?



Johnny: Lieutenant! Lieutenant!

Lt. Philip Minns: How'd you know I'm a lieutenant, Johnny?

Johnny: How'd you know I'm Johnny?

Lt. Philip Minns: What can I do for you?

Johnny: I want to go with you.

Lt. Philip Minns: Do you, Johnny? Do you know where I'm going?



































armageddon PDVD_000.JPG










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=the-outer-limits-1963&episode=s02e10

Springfield! Springfield!


The Outer Limits (1963)

The Inheritors

Do you know where I'm going? I don 't care.
Far away, Johnny.
On a starship.
Far away.
Don 't you want to take me? Yes, Johnny.
I want to take you .










1998 film "Armageddon" DVD video:

00:30:09


Harry S. Stamper: Mr. Chick Chapel, at the craps table. Caesar's Palace, Las Vegas, Nevada.

[ scene change ]

Chick Chapel: [ winning ] Yes! About time.

FBI agent: Charles Chapel, game's over.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 11:26 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Sunday 20 July 2014