Friday, July 11, 2014

Well, obviously you're doing something right.




JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 8:05 PM Tuesday, October 19, 2010


JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 10/10/10 10:20 PM
Theodora is the name of Prince Philips sister.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: October 11 2010

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 10/11/10 6:27 AM
When I was last asleep, and I think was my waking dream just before I got up and out of bed, was of me being injured and I have been wondering ever since why I specifically saw the actor Eric Stoltz give me a United States military Bronze Star medal and I was lying on what seemed to be the ground. I have struggled with the sense though that I was actually in a hospital bed but in the dream I was clearly out in the field somewhere and as part of a US military operation. There were other people about but he is the only specific person I recall. He handed me the medal and I remember telling him that I would give it back when I got my own medal. Someone, a person that was never actually established in the dream, seemed to suggest that I would actually receive the US Navy Cross medal. In the dream, I had been injured after enemy forces hit me with a bayonet in the chest and as I think back about it now, because of where I was hit in the sternum, of which I was aware of sutures from surgery, should have been fatal. Ever since waking up though, I have been thinking that dream actually represents Kerry Burgess in the hospital after being shot in the shoulder. He was receiving a commendation and I don't know what that would have been but I guess that commendation was the equivalent. There was another detail I wanted to note here but now that detail slips my mind.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 10/11/10 7:25 AM
I wouldn't even be watching this if not for the dialog in the 9/27/2010 episode of "Hawaii Five-0" that mentions a "skeleton key" and while that could mean anything, it makes me think of that parallel or alternate reality or whatever it could be called that I have written of. I note this now because there is a plot element in this film about how the mirrors are gone and that is a consistent element of the alternate reality that I have been thinking was, so far, unique to Kerry Burgess.

I was thinking about that again just about a day ago. I was imagining that Kerry Burgess was describing to Tom and Phoebe of his experience in that world when he returned to life after being gunshot in 1993. In his world, which I have thought of several times in the past, there were no clocks or mirrors. I was thinking of that extensively about a day ago.




http://my.excite.com/tv/prog.jsp?id=MV001606180000&sid=58623&sn=SYFYHD&st=201010110700&cn=676

excite

The Skeleton Key (2005)

676 SYFYHD: Monday, October 11 7:00 AM

2005, PG-13, **1/2, 01:44, Color, English, United States,

A woman (Kate Hudson) takes a job as a hospice nurse for a couple (Gena Rowlands, John Hurt) who live in a New Orleans house with a troublesome history.

Cast: Kate Hudson, Gena Rowlands, John Hurt, Peter Sarsgaard, Joy Bryant, Maxine Barnett, Tom Uskali, Jen Apgar, Forrest Landis, Jamie Lee Redmon, Ronald McCall, Jeryl Prescott Sales, Isaach De Bankolý, Andreas Beckett, Ann Dalrymple, Justin Groetsch, David Jensen, Mark Krasnoff, Natalie McNeil Director(s): Iain Softley Producer(s): Daniel Bobker, Michael Shamberg, Stacey Sher Executive Producer(s): Clayton Townsend, Holly Bario, Scott Stuber


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 19 October 2010 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 11:00 PM Monday, September 27, 2010


JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 09/03/09 4:34 AM
This reminds me of a dream I awoke a few hours ago. I remember glancing at the clock and it read 10:02 PM but that clock is 2 minutes faster than the time on the internet-connected computer so that means the correct time was probably exactly 10 PM. The dream started off that I was with a group of people in a jungle. I think one of them said something about a drought but I don't now remember what he said to his wife and after I thought about it after waking up I wondered if there had actually been a flood and we were stuck on the high ground with no where to go but in the water. So that guy who said something did jump in the water and then his wife did and then their young son. I followed them and I could see land far off in the distance that we were swimming towards. The first person was well ahead of us and I could see myself and I seemed to be fully clothed and perhaps in U.S. military gear because I think that I could see gloves on my hands similar to what a pilot wears and I saw that I was getting into a routine of long-distance swimming. The woman and her son seemed to be near by and to my right side. I noticed something up ahead in the water and for some reason that is not obvious in the dream, I decided that was hippotamus near the surface of the water but it was far enough away that it probably wouldn't bother us. But then some time later another one surfaced near by and it was definitely too close. It started coming after us and I told the woman to swim away from me and we slit up and I was going in a direction towards land that was about 45 degrees or less from the original direction we were heading. Whe I told her to split off from me, I was looking to see that the hippo was swimming very close behind me and then I quickly turned as I was swimming so that I turned around behind the hippo. That seems to be when I made a full circle or almost full circle and so that I was swimming in a direction about 45 degrees or maybe about 35 degrees to the right of our original heading. After some time in the dream I looked back and the hippo had caught up with me again and was gaining ground on me. I could see land up ahead in the distance but there was no way I was going to make. The dream seems to have ended there and that was when I woke up and got up out of bed although I did go back to sleep for a few more hours.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 3 September 2009 excerpt ends]










http://my.excite.com/tv/prog.jsp?id=EP012800630003&sid=20290&sn=KIRODT&st=201009272155&cn=107

excite

Hawaii Five-0 (New)

107 KIRODT: Monday, September 27 9:55 PM

Crime drama

Ohana

Following the abduction of a former NSA cyberterrorism expert, the team must rescue the man and prevent a breach of national security.

Cast: Alex O'Loughlin, Scott Caan, Daniel Dae Kim, Grace Park Director(s): Brad Turner Executive Producer(s): Peter Lenkov, Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci

Original Air Date: Sep 27, 2010










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 06/25/09 9:03 PM


Goddamned vermin think they are part of some goddamned reality show and have absolutely no regard for the right of people to be left alone.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 06/25/09 9:23 PM
looks as though someone smeared blood on the button for the 3rd floor in the elevator.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 25 June 2009 excerpt ends]










[ City of Seattle Washington and Olympia Washington-King County Washington State & Bill Gates-Microsoft-Nazi-Corbis the International Terrorist Organization violently against the United States federal government actively instigate insurrection and subversive activity against the United States federal government with all Bill Gates-Microsoft-Nazi-Corbis staff partners contributors employees contractors lawyers managers of any capacity as severely treasonous criminal accomplices and that are active unlawful obstructions, combinations, or assemblages, or rebellion against the authority of the United States that actively make it impracticable to enforce the laws of the United States in the United States and in the Severely Treasonous and Criminally Rebellious State of Washington by the ordinary course of judicial proceedings ]


http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19960818&slug=2344639

Sunday, August 18, 1996

Some Travel Web Sites Are Well Worth Visiting

By Kristin Jackson

Seattle Times Travel Reporter

Travel information has grown explosively on the Internet in recent months, making it easy to roam for days through this computerized world.

The World Wide Web, the user-friendly portion of the Internet that's loaded with photos and graphics, is the place to go. There are thousands of Web sites on travel, with more being added daily, ranging from those created by major corporations to quirky travel diaries by individuals.

Some of the Web sites are little more than ads


Adventures with Microsoft - Adventure-travel pioneer Richard Bangs is taking a group of intrepid rafters on an exploration of the remote Tekeze River in Ethiopia and will file reports to Microsoft's new on-line travel magazine "Mungo Park" (named after an 18th-century Scottish explorer of Africa). It's to begin on Sept. 3. http://www.mungopark.msn.com



http://www.richardbangs.com/aboutrich-bio.htm

Not One for Caution

A ruminative essay

by Robert Earle Howells

A full-grown hippopotamus can pretty much swallow a rubber raft whole. Tip it over? Like a bathtub toy. Chow down on Homo sapiens? Like Reese's Pieces. It might be prudent, then, for any sane person to adopt a credo something like "Don't paddle a rubber raft through hippo-infested waters."


Richard Bangs isn't much for credos. Certainly not cautious ones that would dictate a life bereft of challenges. Which is why, one day in 1981, Bangs gingerly threaded a raft down a stretch of Tanzania's Kilombero River among — hold onto your paddles, folks — 2,000 hippos.


That site, Mungo Park, lived for two ahead-of-its-time years before it begat Microsoft's juggernaut travel site Expedia and such spin-offs as Expedia Travels magazine — Bangs was the publisher — and Expedia Radio, where he was executive producer. He then continued to meld his twin passions, the potential of Internet technology and a zest for exploring places and cultures, as writer/producer for Slate magazine's Well-Traveled, MSNBC's Great Escapes, and MSN's First and Best. All of which were preparatory for his most recent adventure: Richard Bangs Adventures for Yahoo!.





http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19940303&slug=1898110

Thursday, March 3, 1994

King-TV Gets Radar

By Chuck Taylor

KING-TV (Channel 5) will begin using its own Doppler weather radar system during newscasts on March 14.

The station tomorrow will begin promoting a new identity, "First Alert Weather," to accompany the Doppler system, which can measure, and render electronically, moisture content in the air hundreds of miles away.


"The big advantage of KING having their own radar is it's controllable," Mass said. But as a pure forecasting tool, NEXRAD's local presence "lessens the value" of KING's system.

Chris Hill, meteorologist in charge at the National Weather Service in Seattle, agreed KING's radar is somewhat redundant as a forecasting tool.


KING will buy NEXRAD's images, too, said Jeff Renner, Channel 5's chief meteorologist. But having its own Doppler system will allow KING to put a live radar image on the air, zoom in on areas of interest to viewers and show renderings of data not available through the commercial NEXRAD services, he said.


Doppler radar is used by many TV stations in the East, Midwest and South but is in rare use on the West Coast. KING's will be the first proprietary system in Seattle.

"We want to be the most immediate and accurate source of weather for this area," said KING-TV news director Andy Beers. "This has been a successful tool in many other markets for a long time. . . . In some markets, if you own the weather, you own the news."

The commercial Doppler system KING will be using is similar to but less powerful than NEXRAD, which is short for "next-generation radar."

The federal NEXRAD radar dish is on Camano Island, about 40 miles north of Seattle, while KING's Doppler system is atop the Alaska Airlines hangar at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 27 September 2010 excerpt ends]










http://www.tv.com/shows/hawaii-five-0/ohana-1357739/trivia/

tv.com


Hawaii Five-0 Season 1 Episode 2

Ohana

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Sep 27, 2010 on CBS

Quotes


Danny: If a suspect dies, he no longer has the ability to speak! Ergo, he's useless to us!

Steve: (To guy he's hanging off roof) You think anybody's gonna care? You just killed two people, buddy! I'd be doing the world a favor!










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 12:00 AM Tuesday, September 28, 2010


Magnum Force (1973)





http://www.cswap.com/1973/Magnum_Force/cap/en/2_Parts/a/00_20

Magnum Force


:20:25
Why don't you put in
for some desk work, Charlie?

:20:27
You don't need the streets anymore.

:20:29
We should've put our 20 in the Marines.

:20:32
These days,
a cop kills a hoodlum on the street...

:20:36
...he might as well just dump
the body some place.

:20:38
Because those snot-nosed
young bastards...

:20:40
...down at the DA's office will crucify them
one way or another.

:20:44
A hood can kill a cop,
but let a cop kill a hood....

:20:47
Am I right?

:20:50
You put in plenty of time,
why don't you go for retirement?

:20:55
What the hell, you don't need this.

:20:57
I know you 10 years.
I'll tell you something, I'll never retire.

:21:01
Never!

:21:04
I'm going out fighting.

:21:06
That's the only way to go.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 28 September 2010 excerpt ends]










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=hawaii-five-0&episode=s01e02

Springfield! Springfield!


Hawaii Five-0

Ohana (Family)


He's on the roof.
Found him.
Is he dead? Not yet.
Hey.
Have a nice nap, Princess? Who are you? Huh? The man asked you a question.
Where's Roland Lowry? What do you want with him? Hey, you know, I've been shot, too.
Yeah, you really ought to get that looked at.
What's it been, an hour or two since you got hit? What's gonna happen is bacterial infection is gonna set in, and trust me, you do not want that.
It goes straight to your bloodstream.
Sepsis, organ failure.
Next thing you know, they're yanking out your kidneys.
And from what I hear, dialysis is, um, it's not fun.
Let me ask you a question.
Your buddies really worth all that trouble? Huh? I mean, you guys couldn't have been that tight, right? They left you behind.
Danno, move.
Chin, hold him down.
What are you doing? What is the matter with you? Give me a piece of paper.
Run that print.
Let's go.
Hey, hey, Steve, what do you think you're doing? Hey! Hey! Are you out of your mind? ! You want to play, huh? Let's play.
This is not Guantanamo.
You can't hang a guy off the roof.
All I'd have to say is that you came at me with a gun, we struggled and you fell.










http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/231840/Geronimo

Encyclopædia Britannica


Geronimo

Geronimo, Indian name Goyathlay (“One Who Yawns”) (born June 1829, No-Doyohn Canyon, Mex.—died Feb. 17, 1909, Fort Sill, Okla., U.S.), Bedonkohe Apache leader of the Chiricahua Apache, who led his people’s defense of their homeland against the military might of the United States.










http://www.tv.com/shows/hawaii-five-0/ohana-1357739/trivia/

tv.com


Hawaii Five-0 Season 1 Episode 2

Ohana

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Sep 27, 2010 on CBS

Quotes


Danny: Will you zip it for a second. I'm going to speak now. It's my turn. Sergi Ivanovich. He is a suspect. That means we treat him as a source of information and we book him, okay? Torturing and killing isn't part of the job description.

Steve: I wasn't going to kill him.

Danny: Why are you talking?

Steve: I'm just trying to explain....

Danny: Why are your lips moving?!

Steve: Go ahead. (Salutes Danny)

Danny: I know the Governor gave you a free pass, okay. But immunity and means doesn't entitle you to hang a guy off the roof, all right. I was going to break Ivanovich, I just needed a little time to get into his head. That is how police work is done. Is that too theoretical for you?....Huh?

Steve: Can I speak?










From 4/23/1956 ( Dwight Eisenhower - Executive Order 10665 - Restoring Certain Lands of the Schofield Barracks Military Reservation to the Jurisdiction of the Territory of Hawaii ) To 9/27/2010 is 19880 days

19880 = 9940 + 9940

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/19/1993 ( in Asheville North Carolina as Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess I was seriously wounded by gunfire when I returned fatal gunfire to a fugitive from United States federal justice ) is 9940 days



From 12/20/1994 ( in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my United States Navy Cross medal date of record ) To 9/27/2010 is 5760 days

5760 = 2880 + 2880

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 9/21/1973 ( premiere US film "The Spook Who Sat by the Door" ) is 2880 days



From 1/30/1947 ( Harry Truman awards Medal of Honor to Robert Antrim ) To 12/25/1991 ( as United States Marine Corps chief warrant officer Kerry Wayne Burgess I was prisoner of war in Croatia ) is 16400 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 9/27/2010 is 16400 days



From 1/17/1991 ( the date of record of my United States Navy Medal of Honor as Kerry Wayne Burgess chief warrant officer United States Marine Corps circa 1991 ) To 9/27/2010 is 7193 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 7/13/1985 ( Ronald Reagan - Radio Address to the Nation on the Strategic Defense Initiative ) is 7193 days



From 1/17/1991 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - the Persian Gulf War begins as scheduled severe criminal activity against the United States of America ) To 9/27/2010 is 7193 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 7/13/1985 ( Ronald Reagan - Radio Address to the Nation on the Strategic Defense Initiative ) is 7193 days



From 2/17/1909 ( Geronimo deceased ) To 1/12/1954 ( premiere US film "Crime Wave" ) is 16400 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 9/27/2010 is 16400 days



From 2/17/1909 ( Geronimo deceased ) To 12/7/1998 ( my first day working at Microsoft Corporation as the known official Chief Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and the active duty United States Marine Corps lieutenant colonel circa 1998 ) is 32800 days

32800 = 16400 + 16400

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 9/27/2010 is 16400 days



From 3/16/1991 ( my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate Columbia South Carolina ) To 9/27/2010 is 7135 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 5/16/1985 ( the discovery of the hole in the ozone layer over Antarctica ) is 7135 days



From 9/8/1953 ( Fred Vinson dead ) To 8/3/1998 ( Tom Clancy "Rainbow Six" ) is 16400 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 9/27/2010 is 16400 days



From 9/27/1984 ( "UA from class from 0600-0800" ) To 9/27/2010 is 9496 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 11/2/1991 ( premiere US TV movie "Prisoner of Honor" ) is 9496 days



From 6/14/1998 ( premiere US film "Beyond Expectations" ) To 9/27/2010 is 4488 days

4488 = 2244 + 2244

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 12/25/1971 ( George Walker Bush the purveyor of illegal drugs strictly for his personal profit including the trafficking of massive amounts of cocaine into the United States confined to federal prison in Mexico for illegally smuggling narcotics in Mexico ) is 2244 days





http://www.tv.com/shows/hawaii-five-0/ohana-1357739/

tv.com


Hawaii Five-0 Season 1 Episode 2

Ohana

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Sep 27, 2010 on CBS

When a former cyber terrorism expert is kidnapped, Five-0 is assigned to find the missing expert in order to protect national security.

AIRED: 9/27/10





http://www.tv.com/shows/the-event/to-keep-us-safe-1356774/

tv.com


The Event Season 1 Episode 2

To Keep Us Safe

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Sep 27, 2010 on NBC

President Martinez's staff work diligently to evaluate the situation led in the aftermath of the plane. Meanwhile, Blake Sterling confines Sophia, Sean attempts to convince the FBI of his story, and the alien infiltrator is revealed.

AIRED: Sep 27, 2010










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=60608

The American Presidency Project

Dwight D. Eisenhower

XXXIV President of the United States: 1953 - 1961

Executive Order 10665 - RESTORING CERTAIN LANDS OF THE SCHOFIELD BARRACKS MILITARY RESERVATION TO THE JURISDICTION OF THE TERRITORY OF HAWAII

April 23, 1956


The Territory of Hawaii shall have the right to relocate the said power line at no cost to the United States of America, provided that such relocation shall be acceptable to the Commanding General, United States Army, Pacific, and that the United States of America shall be furnished a map showing the new location of the power line, whereupon the right-of-way shall be deemed to be reestablished at such new location.

Until and unless otherwise permitted by the Department of the Army, the parcel of land hereinabove described is to be used for National Guard purposes only, and in the event the said land is used for other purposes, in whole or in part, and such other uses shall continue for a period of sixty days after notice to cease and desist therefrom, then the parcel of land hereinabove described shall revert to the jurisdiction and control of the Department of the Army as a part of the Schofield Barracks Military Reservation.

DWIGHT D. EISENHOWER

THE WHITE HOUSE,

April 23, 1956.





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schofield_Barracks


Schofield Barracks

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Schofield Barracks is a United States Army installation and census-designated place (CDP) located in the City and County of Honolulu and in the Wahiawa District of the American island of Oahu, Hawaii. Schofield Barracks lies adjacent to the town of Wahiawa, separated from most of it by Lake Wilson (also known as Wahiawa Reservoir). Schofield Barracks is named after Lieutenant General John McAllister Schofield, Commanding General United States Army August 1888 to September 1895. He had been sent to Hawaii in 1872 and had recommended the establishment of a naval base at Pearl Harbor.

Schofield Barracks has an area of some 17,725 acres (72 km2) on Central Oahu. The post was established in 1908 to provide mobile defense of Pearl Harbor and the entire island. It has been the home of the 25th Infantry Division, known as the Tropic Lightning Division, since 1941 as well as the Command Headquarters for United States Army Hawaii (USARHAW). Schofield Barracks is also home to the 8th Theater Sustainment Command.










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=hawaii-five-0&episode=s01e02

Springfield! Springfield!


Hawaii Five-0

Ohana (Family)


I got a fingerprint match off an Interpol database.
Ergo? You and I are going to have a long talk later, you understand? Get him up! The guy's name is Sergei Ivanovich.
Serbian national with a rap sheet a mile long.
He's part of a gang who pulled mostly bank jobs, jewelry heists.
Smash and grab type stuff.
Thieves.
Thieves take things, not humans.
Maybe they graduated to kidnapping.
Or maybe they knew what Roland wanted to show the general, and they want to get their hands on it.
Either way, take this guy to the office, throw him in a hole.










http://www.trumanlibrary.org/photographs/view.php?id=14454

Harry S. Truman

Library & Museum


Title: President Truman awards Medal of Honor to Commander Antrim.

Description: President Harry S. Truman (right) awards medal of Honor to Commander Robert N. Antrim.

Date: January 30, 1947



http://www.army.mil/cmh/html/moh/vietnam-a-l.html

CENTER OF MILITARY HISTORY

UNITED STATES ARMY

Medal of Honor Recipients

World War II


ANTRIM, RICHARD NOTT

Rank and organization: Commander, U.S. Navy

Place and date: Makassar, Celebes, Netherlands East Indies, April 1942

Entered service at: Indiana

Citation: For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty while interned as a prisoner of war of the enemy Japanese in the city of Makassar, Celebes, Netherlands East Indies, in April 1942. Acting instantly on behalf of a naval officer who was subjected to a vicious clubbing by a frenzied Japanese guard venting his insane wrath upon the helpless prisoner, Comdr. (then Lt.) Antrim boldly intervened, attempting to quiet the guard and finally persuading him to discuss the charges against the officer. With the entire Japanese force assembled and making extraordinary preparations for the threatened beating, and with the tension heightened by 2,700 Allied prisoners rapidly closing in, Comdr. Antrim courageously appealed to the fanatic enemy, risking his own life in a desperate effort to mitigate the punishment. When the other had been beaten unconscious by 15 blows of a hawser and was repeatedly kicked by 3 soldiers to a point beyond which he could not survive, Comdr. Antrim gallantly stepped forward and indicated to the perplexed guards that he would take the remainder of the punishment, throwing the Japanese completely off balance in their amazement and eliciting a roar of acclaim from the suddenly inspired Allied prisoners. By his fearless leadership and valiant concern for the welfare of another, he not only saved the life of a fellow officer and stunned the Japanese into sparing his own life but also brought about a new respect for American officers and men and a great improvement in camp living conditions. His heroic conduct throughout reflects the highest credit upon Comdr. Antrim and the U.S. Naval Service.










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=hawaii-five-0&episode=s01e02

Springfield! Springfield!


Hawaii Five-0

Ohana (Family)


Look, I don't want to freak you out, but it looks like the skeleton key just went live.
Okay.
What does that mean? Someone's using it, dude.
No, no, no.
That's problematic.
What is problematic? The radar just went down.
Can we trace the hack? No, I can't pinpoint the origin.
Whatever it is just took down the Honolulu approach radar.
Why do that? So someone can fly in or out undetected.










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=hawaii-five-0&episode=s01e02

Springfield! Springfield!


Hawaii Five-0

Ohana (Family)


Where were they going? Hickam Air Force Base.
You know anyone at Hickam? A stupid question.
Of course.
*** Roland became paranoid.
Firing off memos in the middle of the night directly to the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
Which pissed off his immediate superiors to no end.
What were the memos about? He was constantly telling us how vulnerable we were to attack.
In fact, he moved to Hawaii not to retire, but to carry on with his work.
He felt this is where he could do the most good.
What does that mean? Hawaii's in a strategic position in the global theater.
And that the United States Pacific Command is directly responsible for 150 million square miles.
Literally half the Earth.
Why do you think Pearl Harbor was a target? Is that why he wanted to see you? 'Cause he felt we were still vulnerable? And he said he was working on something that could prove it.
Okay, what was it? He didn't feel comfortable talking about it over the phone, so he was bringing it over today.
So Roland was about to expose some serious threat to the island.
That's why I took the meeting.
That's why he was kidnapped.
McGarrett.
Steve we've got a wounded runner injured in the gunfight.
The tape shows he was hit in the grab and he went into the Kahiko on Kalia Road.
Hotel security cameras show he went up the elevator on the right.
He was shot.
Knew he couldn't go to the hospital.
He's looking for a place to hide and heal.
I got blood.
He went up.
Hey.
He's on 36.
Uh, we're cops.
Don't worry.
You like hippos? I like hippos, too.
I got a daughter she loves hippos.
Everybody likes hippos.










From 10/14/1943 ( the 2nd Schweinfurt Raid ) To 3/14/1994 is 18414 days

18414 = 9207 + 9207

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/17/1991 ( the date of record of my United States Navy Medal of Honor as Kerry Wayne Burgess chief warrant officer United States Marine Corps circa 1991 ) is 9207 days



From 10/14/1943 ( the 2nd Schweinfurt Raid ) To 3/14/1994 is 18414 days

18414 = 9207 + 9207

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/17/1991 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - the Persian Gulf War begins as scheduled severe criminal activity against the United States of America ) is 9207 days



From 1/17/1991 ( the date of record of my United States Navy Medal of Honor as Kerry Wayne Burgess chief warrant officer United States Marine Corps circa 1991 ) To 3/14/1994 is 1152 days

1152 = 576 + 576

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 6/1/1967 ( The Beatles "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" ) is 576 days



From 1/17/1991 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - the Persian Gulf War begins as scheduled severe criminal activity against the United States of America ) To 3/14/1994 is 1152 days

1152 = 576 + 576

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 6/1/1967 ( The Beatles "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" ) is 576 days



From 8/28/1956 ( premiere US film "No Place to Hide" ) To 3/14/1994 is 13712 days

13712 = 6856 + 6856

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/10/1984 ( premiere US film "Red Dawn" ) is 6856 days



From 10/22/1930 ( Herbert Hoover - Proclamation 1923 - Exportation of Arms or Munitions of War to Brazil ) To 3/3/1959 ( the birthdate in Hawaii of my biological brother Thomas Reagan ) is 10359 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 3/14/1994 is 10359 days



From 5/12/1991 ( I was the winning race driver at the Monaco Grand Prix ) To 3/14/1994 is 1037 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 9/4/1968 ( Lyndon Johnson - Letter to Chairman Macy on the Work of Federal Executive Boards and Other Local Associations of Federal Officials ) is 1037 days



From 1/17/1992 ( premiere US film "Freejack" ) To 3/14/1994 is 787 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 12/29/1967 ( premiere US film "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" ) is 787 days





http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19940303&slug=1898110

The Seattle Times


Thursday, March 3, 1994

King-TV Gets Radar

By Chuck Taylor

KING-TV (Channel 5) will begin using its own Doppler weather radar system during newscasts on March 14.

The station tomorrow will begin promoting a new identity, "First Alert Weather," to accompany the Doppler system, which can measure, and render electronically, moisture content in the air hundreds of miles away.

Nearer the radar dish, Doppler radar also can measure the velocity of moisture in the air, effectively showing wind direction relative to the radar station.

KING's Doppler system isn't going to create any forecasting miracles, meteorologists say, but it's an important tool. And it will provide viewers with a unique view of moisture density in the air around the metropolitan area.

However, other Seattle-Tacoma TV stations won't necessarily be left out in the cold without Doppler systems of their own.

KING's Doppler views will overlap radar images soon to be commercially available from a new National Weather Service system called NEXRAD, and other TV stations are sure to begin showing those on the air when they're available, probably in April.

"In virtually every area, the Weather Service radar is superior - in terms of power, range, resolution and the different wavelength that helps you (see through) areas of heavy precipitation," said Cliff Mass, professor of atmospheric sciences at the University of Washington.

But views from the National Weather Service's NEXRAD system, sold through third-party vendors, will be a fixed cycle of images that sometimes will be a few minutes old.

"The big advantage of KING having their own radar is it's controllable," Mass said. But as a pure forecasting tool, NEXRAD's local presence "lessens the value" of KING's system.

Chris Hill, meteorologist in charge at the National Weather Service in Seattle, agreed KING's radar is somewhat redundant as a forecasting tool.

But "for presentations on television, people are going to want to see the real-time data and change" afforded by the KING system, Hill said, "and the more weather radars we can get in the state, the better off everybody's going to be."

KING will buy NEXRAD's images, too, said Jeff Renner, Channel 5's chief meteorologist. But having its own Doppler system will allow KING to put a live radar image on the air, zoom in on areas of interest to viewers and show renderings of data not available through the commercial NEXRAD services, he said.

Doppler radar is used by many TV stations in the East, Midwest and South but is in rare use on the West Coast. KING's will be the first proprietary system in Seattle.

"We want to be the most immediate and accurate source of weather for this area," said KING-TV news director Andy Beers. "This has been a successful tool in many other markets for a long time. . . . In some markets, if you own the weather, you own the news."

The commercial Doppler system KING will be using is similar to but less powerful than NEXRAD, which is short for "next-generation radar."

The federal NEXRAD radar dish is on Camano Island, about 40 miles north of Seattle, while KING's Doppler system is atop the Alaska Airlines hangar at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport.

While the NEXRAD radar can "see" west out the Strait of Juan de Fuca, north of the Olympic Mountains, KING's Doppler will be a little better situated to look out the so-called Chehalis Gap toward the Pacific Ocean, past the south side of the Olympics.

Together, the two radar systems will give KING views of the two pathways that feed the Puget Sound convergence zone, the confluence of winds split by the Olympics that causes a great deal of this area's unpredictable weather.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060196/quotes

IMDb


Memorable quotes for

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966)


Tuco: [trying to read a note] "See you soon, id... " "id... " "ids... "

Blondie: [taking the note] "Idiots". It's for you.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087985/quotes

IMDb


Red Dawn (1984)

Quotes


Matt Eckert: I'm your brother. Make it count.










http://www.airpower.maxwell.af.mil/airchronicles/bookrev/kuhl.html

Air & Space Power Journal

Wrong Place! Wrong Time! The 305th Bomb Group & the 2nd Schweinfurt Raid, October 14, 1943 by George C. Kuhl Shiffer Military/Aviation History, 77 Lower Valley Road, Route 372, Atglen, Pennsylvania 19310, 240 pages, $24.95.

On 14 October 1943, the Eighth Air Force's 1st and 3d Bombardment Divisions of the 305th Bombardment Group left Chelveston, England, for a second attack on the German ball- bearing plants at Schweinfurt, Germany. In an air battle lasting over three hours, Eighth Air Force lost the battle for air superiority over Germany. Wrong Place! Wrong Time! is George Kuhl's analytical narrative history of that decisive day. He argues that not only was the Eighth Air Force's strategy unrealistic, but that those making the decisions had "thrown away the 'book' on planning a successful military operation."

Although he was a member of the 305th Bombardment Group, B- 17 pilot George Kuhl and his crew did not arrive at Chelveston until December 1944, more than a year after the Schweinfurt raids. Although the aircrews who had flown the mission had by then either returned to the States or been shot down during later missions, the author found that "Second Schweinfurt" was still a topic of conversation among the permanent party members at the base. Forty-five years later, he finally decided to satisfy his curiosity about what had happened to the aircrews who had left Chelveston the morning of the 14th.

Wrong Place! Wrong Time! is based on personal interviews with more than 50 of the survivors, plus extensive research in the National Archives and the archives of the USAF Historical Research Agency. Divided into two sections, the book tells the story of the 305th and the second Schweinfurt raid through the stories of the men who were there. Section one is devoted to setting the stage with a discussion of such topics as the Eighth Air Force, the B-17 itself, and a nearly minute-by- minute narration of the premission briefing, the takeoff, the mission itself, and the return home of the two surviving B-17s of the 305th. The second section is devoted to not only an analysis of what the author feels "went wrong," but also to the stories of those flyers who were shot down and who were either interned or evaded the Germans and escaped.

Extensively documented through archival research and interviews, Wrong Place! Wrong Time! puts the reader in a B-17 over Germany in the months before long-range escort fighters were available. More than just another "buff" book, this one is an attempt to analyze just what went wrong on this disastrous mission. He comes to the conclusion that the 1st Division's heavy losses were due to more than just the fact that there were no long-range fighters available. Tracing the mission in an almost minute-by-minute fashion, he convincingly argues that the 305th had inept leadership on that fateful day.

However, the reader must always keep in mind that this is a book based not only on archival sources but, more importantly, on the recollections of fifty-plus aircrew members interviewed 45 years after the event. If these nearly half-century-old recollections are accurate, then Kuhl's conclusion that the wrong person was leading the 305th is dramatically understated. He concludes that "Major Normand [305th mission commander] gave his version of what took place. It was obviously not the truth and quite different from what actually happened" (page 251).

Wrong Place! Wrong Time! presents its evidence with obvious diligence and persuasiveness. The primary sources appear credible, although, as suggested earlier, the passage of time is a factor. If, however, these primary sources--particularly the interviews--tend to substantiate each other (and there does not appear to be any reason to doubt their veracity), then his conclusions concerning the leadership of the 305th Bomb Group and the 1st Division are convincing. This small volume may cause air power historians to reconsider interpretations of the second Schweinfurt mission and the bombing offensive over Germany in 1943 in general. It raises more questions than it answers and is a must read for anyone interested in the air war over Germany and the strategic bombing campaign in particular.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087985/quotes

IMDb


Red Dawn (1984)

Quotes


Jed Eckert: So this is the battlefield?

Col. Andy Tanner: It's a real war, kid. It's here every day.










http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/the-beatles/6150302/The-Beatles-Sgt-Peppers-Lonely-Hearts-Club-Band-review.html

The Telegraph


The Beatles


The Beatles - Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, review

Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band marks the peak of the Beatles’ career (Released June 1, 1967)


By Neil McCormick

1:54PM BST 07 Sep 2009





http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=10634329

npr music


'Sgt. Pepper,' an Album That Shaped an Eraby Paul Ingles


June 1, 2007 - The Beatles', Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band was released June 1, 1967, in Britain, and on June 2 in the United States. The album became a phenomenon, spending 15 weeks at the No. 1 spot in the Billboard Top 200. The success came after the Beatles had announced that they would no longer tour — and after their "bigger than Jesus" controversy.

Even AM radio was forced to play songs from the album — but the record was perfect for the then-new frequencies of FM. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band was certified gold within two weeks of its release.





http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/beatles/sgtpepperslonelyheartsclubband.html


THE BEATLES


"Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band"

It was twenty years ago today
Sgt. Pepper taught the band to play
They've been going in and out of style
But they're guaranteed to raise a smile
So may I introduce to you
The act you've known for all these years
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

We're Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
We hope you will enjoy the show
We're Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
Sit back and let the evening go
Sgt. Pepper's lonely, Sgt. Pepper's lonely
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
It's wonderful to be here
It's certainly a thrill
You're such a lovely audience
We'd like to take you home with us
We'd love to take you home

I don't really want to stop the show
But I thought that you might like to know
That the singer's going to sing a song
And he wants you all to sing along



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 9:10 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Friday 11 July 2014