Thursday, July 10, 2014

"Guess it's just like suiting up for a championship game, right?"




http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19970114&slug=2518758

The Seattle Times


Tuesday, January 14, 1997

Supreme Court Gives No Hint Of Its Ruling In Paula Jones Case

By Jan Crawford Greenburg

Chicago Tribune

WASHINGTON - Contending that a sexual-harassment lawsuit against President Clinton already has consumed "a lot" of the president's time, his lawyer urged the Supreme Court yesterday to delay the case until Clinton leaves office.

In a case with potentially enormous political implications, Clinton lawyer Robert Bennett said a trial on Paula Corbin Jones' lawsuit would interfere with the president's duties.

"I can tell you, the president has personally spent a lot of time on this case already," Bennett said.

Clinton is fighting hard for the delay as he works to define how his presidency will be remembered.










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=76895

The American Presidency Project

George W. Bush

XLIII President of the United States: 2001 - 2009

Remarks at a Dinner Hosted by President Stjepan Mesic of Croatia in Zagreb, Croatia

April 4, 2008

Mr. President and Madam, thank you very much. Mr. Prime Minister, thank you very much. Also good to meet your wife.

Laura and I are thrilled to be in your beautiful country, Mr. President. We appreciate your gracious hospitality, and we celebrate your invitation to become one of America's closest allies. I--you said you're from a small country. I'm impressed by the big hearts and the big basketball team. [Laughter]

We are so proud of our relationship, Mr. President. We share common values. We believe in human rights and human dignity. We believe there's a Creator that has given every man, woman, and child on the face of the Earth the great gift of freedom. We believe markets are capable of unleashing the entrepreneurial spirit of our peoples. We understand that freedom requires sacrifice.

I salute the people of your country for your courage and willingness to help a young democracy in Afghanistan not only thrive but succeed. I appreciate the friends who have stared evil in the face and understand there's a better tomorrow.

And so, Mr. President, I bring the greetings of my country to your beautiful land. With the honor due to a trusted ally, I offer a toast to you and to the valiant people of Croatia.










From 8/16/1948 ( George Herman Ruth Jr deceased ) To 1/17/1991 ( the date of record of my United States Navy Medal of Honor as Kerry Wayne Burgess chief warrant officer United States Marine Corps circa 1991 ) is 15494 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 4/4/2008 is 15494 days



From 8/16/1948 ( George Herman Ruth Jr deceased ) To 1/17/1991 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - the Persian Gulf War begins as scheduled severe criminal activity against the United States of America ) is 15494 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 4/4/2008 is 15494 days



From 2/17/1909 ( Geronimo deceased ) To 12/21/1993 ( premiere US TV series episode "Nova"::"The Best Mind Since Einstein" ) is 30988 days

30988 = 15494 + 15494

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 4/4/2008 is 15494 days



From 10/28/1995 ( the World Series Game 6 ) To 4/4/2008 is 4542 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 4/10/1978 ( premiere US TV movie "To Kill a Cop" ) is 4542 days



From 10/30/1953 ( premiere US film "Gun Fury" ) To 4/4/2008 is 19880 days

19880 = 9940 + 9940

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/19/1993 ( in Asheville North Carolina as Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess I was seriously wounded by gunfire when I returned fatal gunfire to a fugitive from United States federal justice ) is 9940 days



From 12/21/1955 ( premiere US film "The Indian Fighter" ) To 4/4/2008 is 19098 days

19098 = 9549 + 9549

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 12/25/1991 ( as United States Marine Corps chief warrant officer Kerry Wayne Burgess I was prisoner of war in Croatia ) is 9549 days



From 7/19/1952 ( premiere US film "Open Up That Golden Gate" ) To 12/20/1994 ( in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my United States Navy Cross medal date of record ) is 15494 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 4/4/2008 is 15494 days



From 12/30/1949 ( premiere US film "The Inspector General" ) To 4/4/2008 is 21280 days

21280 = 10640 + 10640

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 12/20/1994 ( in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my United States Navy Cross medal date of record ) is 10640 days



From 10/13/1948 ( Samuel S. Hinds deceased ) To 3/16/1991 ( my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate Columbia South Carolina ) is 15494 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 4/4/2008 is 15494 days



From 12/20/1946 ( premiere US film "Its a Wonderful Life" ) To 4/4/2008 is 22386 days

22386 = 11193 + 11193

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 6/25/1996 ( premiere US film "Independence Day" ) is 11193 days



From 12/25/1971 ( George Walker Bush the purveyor of illegal drugs strictly for his personal profit including the trafficking of massive amounts of cocaine into the United States confined to federal prison in Mexico for illegally smuggling narcotics in Mexico ) To 4/4/2008 is 13250 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 2/11/2002 ( premiere US film "Crossroads" ) is 13250 days





http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/infocus/nato/photoessay4/14.html

THE WHITE HOUSE

PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH


NATO Summit 2008


President George W. Bush and President Stjepan Mesic of Croatia review troops Friday, April 4, 2008, during welcoming ceremonies in Zagreb for the President and Mrs. Bush.










http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA


http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar/season4/galactica-401.htm

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

4X01 - HE THAT BELIEVETH IN ME

ORIGINAL AIRDATE (SciFi): 04-APR-2008


Starbuck: What the hell are you doing in a jock smock?

Anders: I just finished Viper transition a week ago, and I started ACM...

Starbuck, confused: How the...










http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/514199/Babe-Ruth

Encyclopædia Britannica


Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth, byname of George Herman Ruth, Jr., also called the Bambino and the Sultan of Swat (born February 6, 1895, Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.—died August 16, 1948, New York, New York)










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0275022/releaseinfo

IMDb


Crossroads (2002)

Release Info

USA 11 February 2002 (premiere)










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Thu, May 4, 2006 3:12:00 PM

Subject: Re: Sleep journal 5/4/06


Kerry Burgess wrote:
Didn't start feeling alert until 9 am. That's when I realized I had a doctor's appt at 10am and I didn't know where it was. They sent me a map with driving directions but I had no idea which bus got there. I could have found it in 2 minutes if I had an internet connection, but I did not. I knew there was some kind of automated line for Metro but I didn't know the number or even if it would give me the info I needed. I imagined I would spend 30 minutes standing around on the phone and still not know what I needed to know. According to the map, the office was somewhere about 3.5 miles away. Two years ago, I could run that far in a half hour and I figured I could probably walk it now and get there no more than half an hour late. I was 18 minutes late. The doctor examined the hip injury from when I was in the Navy. I can't remember when the injury actually occurred. There were several things that could have caused it. I think I may have slammed into the bulwark when I was trying to avoid the anchor chain. Another time, I grabbed onto a cable that was supposed to be grounded, but I grabbed it before the guy with the grounding wand could hit it. A good lesson perhaps in overtraining. I remember my feet hurting for a while after that, but I didn't feel any kind of shock at the time. I used to wear a knife and another tool on my belt and it rested against my hip, but I can't remember if I was wearing it that day. The worst part, today, was walking around trying to get to the doctor's office and having this overwhelming feeling that everyone around me, walking, driving, they all were wondering how I was going to make it there on time. They all knew where I was supposed to be and they were all watching me like I am some kind of reality show contestant. It is overwhelming at times. I suppose it is, in some minor ways, not unlike a major leaque baseball player feels, at least some of them, when they are trying to make their first catch of a pop fly to the outfield. But this is worse. This all is just evil. The level of deception over all these years is just beyond evil. There are probably a lot of egomaniacs that fantasized about this kind of attention, but I never have. It is lunacy beyond articulation.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 04 May 2006 excerpt ends]










http://articles.latimes.com/1995-10-28/sports/sp-62178_1_world-series

Los Angeles Times


WORLD SERIES: ATLANTA BRAVES vs. CLEVELAND INDIANS : BASEBALL / DAILY REPORT : WORLD SERIES : Martinez Says He Won't Push It Tonight

October 28, 1995 MIKE DiGIOVANNA

Cleveland pitcher Dennis Martinez, who is scheduled to oppose Atlanta's Tom Glavine in Game 6 tonight, caused a bit of a stir Friday when he told reporters that if he wasn't feeling well, he would be "the first one to talk to Mike," referring to Manager Mike Hargrove.

"I know it's an important game, but I'm not going to go out and try to be a hero if it means hurting myself and the ballclub," said Martinez, the 40-year-old right-hander.

Martinez, who has been suffering from elbow, shoulder and knee injuries and has had trouble bouncing back on his usual four days' rest, seemed to imply that his status was questionable.

But more likely, he meant he would not try to stay in the game in later innings if he felt he wasn't effective. Martinez gave up a two-run homer to Javier Lopez, on a 1-2 pitch, in the sixth inning of Atlanta's 4-3 victory in Game 2.

"As far as I know right now, he's pitching," Hargrove said.

Pitching Coach Mark Wiley said right-hander Chad Ogea would be the likely starter if Martinez can't go.

*

Atlanta left fielder Ryan Klesko sprained his left thumb sliding into second base in the fifth inning of Game 5 Thursday night but said he will play tonight.

Klesko stayed in the game Thursday and, with his hand heavily taped, grounded out and hit a two-run homer--his third in three days--in his last two at-bats. He wore a plastic splint Friday.

"It's fine--I'll deal with the pain," said Klesko, who is batting .333 with four RBIs in the Series after going hitless in the National League championship series.

It turns out that Lorene Klesko, Ryan's mother, was able to retrieve one of her son's three home run balls at Cleveland's Jacobs Field, but it cost her.

When Klesko homered to right-center in the sixth inning of Game 4, the ball landed about six rows from where Lorene, 54, was sitting.

"It missed her by about 10 feet," Klesko said. "She went down and got it, but she had to bribe them for it. It cost her a baseball bat, two balls autographed by our whole team and a couple of pictures. But it was worth it."

*

The designated hitter helped the Braves more than the Indians in Games 3, 4 and 5. Luis Polonia had four hits in 12 at-bats, a homer and three RBIs in the three games for Atlanta. Paul Sorrento and Herbert Perry went a combined two for 15 with no RBIs for Cleveland.

Polonia will go back to his reserve role and Klesko will return to left field, his normal position, today in Atlanta.

*

A New York Post writer posed this question to Polonia, who was traded by the George Steinbrenner-owned Yankees to the Braves in August: If [new Yankee General Manager] Bob Watson called and asked who would be the best guy to manage the Yankees, who would you recommend?

"My dad," Polonia said, amid a chorus of laughs. "Then I would play every day."

Asked if his father, Luciano, speaks English, Polonia said, "No, but that would be great. Then he wouldn't understand a damn thing George was saying."

*

Cleveland second baseman Carlos Baerga said the Indians will make several adjustments in their return engagement tonight against Tom Glavine, the winning pitcher in Game 2.

"We have to move up in the box, closer to the plate and make him get the ball up," he said. "He likes to keep the ball down, throw his change-up and get ground-ball outs."

*

Center fielder Marquis Grissom has hit safely in all 13 of the Braves' postseason games, and his 24 playoff hits tied the record for most in postseason play with Boston's Marty Barrett, who had 24 in 1986. . . . Atlanta third baseman Chipper Jones has 18 hits in postseason play, the most ever by a rookie.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 6:44 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Thursday 10 July 2014