Sunday, August 03, 2014

Dreams. Of Field.




http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097351/quotes

IMDb


Field of Dreams (1989)

Quotes


Terence Mann: Ray, people will come Ray. They'll come to Iowa for reasons they can't even fathom. They'll turn up your driveway not knowing for sure why they're doing it. They'll arrive at your door as innocent as children, longing for the past. Of course, we won't mind if you look around, you'll say. It's only $20 per person. They'll pass over the money without even thinking about it: for it is money they have and peace they lack.











View Larger Map



https://maps.google.com/?ll=47.65703,-117.192734&spn=0.000003,0.002064&t=h&z=20&layer=c&cbll=47.65703,-117.192856&panoid=OgWLcs0kDzlGPCvTmwukYg&cbp=12,221.43,,0,8.44

Google Maps


15720 E Sprague Ave, Spokane Valley, Washington, United States

Address is approximate










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0363547/quotes

IMDb


Dawn of the Dead (2004)

Quotes


CJ: Excuse me, not to shit on anyone's riff here, but let me see if I grasp this concept, okay? You're suggesting that we take some fucking parking shuttles and reinforce them











View Larger Map



https://maps.google.com/?ll=47.65703,-117.192867&spn=0.000003,0.002064&t=h&z=20&layer=c&cbll=47.65703,-117.19299&panoid=W6ylNdBC1wNDXWPdAyDM3w&cbp=12,134.83,,1,-1.88

Google Maps


15718 E Sprague Ave, Spokane Valley, Washington, United States

Address is approximate










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0363547/quotes

IMDb


Dawn of the Dead (2004)

Quotes


CJ: Excuse me, not to shit on anyone's riff here, but let me see if I grasp this concept, okay? You're suggesting that we take some fucking parking shuttles and reinforce them with some aluminum siding, and then just head on over to the gun store where we watch our good friend Andy play some cowboy-movie, jump-on-the-covered-wagon bullshit? Then we're going to drive across the ruined city through a welcome committee of a few hundred thousand dead cannibals. All so we can sail off into the sunset on this fucking asshole's boat?

[Points to Steve]

CJ: Head for some island that for all we know doesn't even exist?











View Larger Map



https://maps.google.com/?ll=47.652514,-117.189285&spn=0.004139,0.008256&t=h&z=18

Google Maps










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0363547/quotes

IMDb


Dawn of the Dead (2004)

Quotes


Steve: I have an idea. While we're at it, why don't we drop by the marina, hop in my boat and take it for a pleasure cruise, you jackasses!










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097351/quotes

IMDb


Field of Dreams (1989)

Quotes


The Voice: If you build it, he will come.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0363547/quotes

IMDb


Dawn of the Dead (2004)

Quotes


Steve: God, it's such a shame that this whole "end of the world" thing's holding you back.











View Larger Map



https://maps.google.com/?ll=47.657032,-117.19241&spn=0.000001,0.001032&t=h&z=21&layer=c&cbll=47.657032,-117.192538&panoid=cF3glVV5mSKN215tByB4HQ&cbp=12,23.67,,0,7.87

Google Maps


15789 E Sprague Ave, Spokane Valley, Washington, United States

Address is approximate










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0363547/quotes

IMDb


Dawn of the Dead (2004)

Quotes


Bart: Wanna hear something that really sucks? You guys know that chick at Dairy Queen?











View Larger Map



https://maps.google.com/?ll=47.657031,-117.19367&spn=0.000001,0.001032&t=h&z=21&layer=c&cbll=47.657031,-117.19367&panoid=mthxBcuicxWTMgrQqMDzwQ&cbp=12,209.54,,0,9

Google Maps


15704 E Sprague Ave, Spokane Valley, Washington, United States

Address is approximate










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097351/quotes

IMDb


Field of Dreams (1989)

Quotes


Ray Kinsella: It's okay, honey. I... I was just talking to the cornfield.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0363547/quotes

IMDb


Dawn of the Dead (2004)

Quotes


Terry: TV said a lot of things that aren't true.





http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/D/Dawn_Of_The_Dead_(2004).html


Dawn Of The Dead


Smart move.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097351/quotes

IMDb


Field of Dreams (1989)

Quotes


Ray Kinsella: I think I know what "If you build it, he will come" means.

Annie Kinsella: Ooh... why do I not think this is such a good thing?

Ray Kinsella: I think it means that if I build a baseball field out there that Shoeless Joe Jackson will get to come back and play ball again.

Annie Kinsella: [staring in disbelief] You're kidding.

Ray Kinsella: Huh-uh.

Annie Kinsella: Wow.

Ray Kinsella: Yeah.

Annie Kinsella: Ha. You're kidding.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097351/quotes

IMDb


Field of Dreams (1989)

Quotes


The Voice: Go the distance.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 11:21 AM Pacific Time Seattle USA Tuesday 05 March 2013 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2013/03/meester-meester.html


Meester meester



God I feel as though I was trying to sleep all last night with a television right next to my head that had the volume turned all the way up.

I feel as though I had a million dreams last night while sleeping. That is obviously an exaggeration but the amount of information my mind was processing is really annoying me now after being awake.

I had to force myself to stay in bed through the night just so I could hope to get a regular amount of sleep through the night despite how many times I awoke.

Those of you following along at home know how I have been trying to establish that my sleeping dreams are prescient to observations I make later in the day. So if you have been following along then it's no surprise to any of us that my sleeping mind is so active on what I have started calling new episode "NCIS Tuesday."

I have forgotten many of the dreams I had but some of them stay with me. I don't think it matters really if I describe them in certain now at this time of day.

I mean so what? I think last week really proved that I do have some kind of gifted insight into future events. And so what? I haven't found any way to put it to good use. Doesn't help me any except to make me angry.

I think while sleeping last night I dreamed of Beyonce for the first time I can ever recall. That made more sense after waking up because I remember that "CIA wife" is in danger in tonight "NCIS: Los Angeles" episode according to previews I saw last week. She doesn't show up much on those episodes but I think she is married to that phony "NCIS" agent who poses himself on national mainstream media in the United States as a highly paid phony ex-Navy SEAL and that is part of his fraud across the wire.

I'm not going into details about Beyonce. I saw her smiling. There was something about us driving in the mountains. I woke up thinking about Asheville North Carolina.

I also thought extensively and exhaustingly about obstacle courses. I saw myself overcoming obstacles out in the mountains and I remember being fearful of heights at one point. There was a lot of detail about that. Then I reached my destination at one point which was one of more than one course and I walked up to a man and woman and was talking to them and the woman, as best I recall, started talking on a telephone and was telling someone that I, an associate professor, had just completed the course. There was details I processed that suggested I finished the course much faster than expected and before that part ended there was a discussion I was having about the course map and I was comparing that to the course I followed. Just before I left that group I had started to explain that my professorship, for which I would now become full professor, was in the field of time travel.

I can still visualize lakes in mountain peaks. At one point I saw a mountain peak in the distance and I could see the sails of sailboats off in the distance on top of those other mountain peaks.

I think the part about Beyonce happened after that and I remember something clearly about driving in the mountains along roads that were steep.

That might have been the point where I woke up and got out of bed feeling about ten times more exhausted then when I started trying to sleep.

The first time I remember waking up was a few hours earlier and I stayed awake afterwards long enough to think about it for a while.

I woke up and I became consciously aware that a dream I just had was being blocked from my conscious awareness. I was aware of the transition from sleep to wakefulness and I was aware that the dream I woke from while sleeping had become quickly blocked from my conscious awareness. As quickly as I awoke then just as quickly I would not remember the dream. I thought about that for a while, it seems, lying awake in the darkness and there was something else I wanted to write about just then but I have now forgotten that detail. I am hopeful I will remember it later today although I don't feel like spending a lot of time writing in my blog about this stuff. There are other details I remember but that I don't feel like writing about.

At another point I woke up in my bed and the distant light from around the corner was gone. I tried to scream but I could not. I woke up again and the light was on in the dimly light darkness. I woke up again and in the dim light darkness I struggled to identify the objects in the room that I have seen there for several years but for a few moments I could not. I wasn't even facing the dim light in the distance. I was facing the wall.

Oh yeah. At some point I dreamed again about a room with a lot of washing machines in it.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 05 March 2013 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2013 5:19 PM

To: 'Chad Trammell'

Subject: RE: Let's see if you can do I-90.

So that's what it was. That's what I dreamed of very early this morning or last night.

I had been aware for a long time of the "Stargate: Atlantis" television series but I had never, until this past hour, given some serious thought about the plot elements that form the drama of that television series. I have never before watched any episode from that television series. I have seen glimpses of scenes but the notion of "Wraith" is new to me today.

I started to wonder about how that 16 July 2004 premiere happens after 03 March 2003.

And then looking at those creepy figures in the images, the "Wraith" I had to look at it a few minutes, after having read a lot about them a few minutes, that is what I must have seen in my dream the last time I was sleeping today.

I am wondering about it because of how prescient are my other dreams lately.

Maybe I am winning against them by telling you this.

So anyway, the dream started with me walking into a house. My mother was there with me and so was my sister. I think again now as I write this, as it seemed to me later after the dream, that figures in my dream are not literal. So I recall that I was very angry. There was a group of washing machines on the lower floor of the house we were in and there were enough of them there to seem it was a commercial facility but that doesn't get explained in the dream. The reason I am so angry is because I am looking at the manifold where clean water is supposed to flow into the washing machines, an observation was presently simply to my sleeping mind and that seems more complicated than it is while I describe it, and the water was very brown colored. I was very angry about that. I have been thinking all day since then about one of those episodes from the "Lost" television series where they found a pool of water in some secret building and that water has some kind of regeneration powers for humans, to the point of immortality, but the water had turned brown and the people who used it were concerned about it. I haven't thought about that episode in years. So anyway, I am upstairs in the house, which doesn't have anything familiar about it, and my mother is there and so is my sister. And then the zombies appear. At some point, I am seeing them in the yard walking along as I am talking to mother. I am angry at her now. She has threatened to cancel my source of income and there is some dialog that is now too vague to recall. And the hostility escalates to the point I am choking her by the throat and I said something in the dream similar to "I'll kill you too." But it wasn't her. As with most people in my dreams, I never see them clearly. They are figures similar to the people I see when I am outside and they are in my peripheral vision. I see people in dreams in a similar way. With few exceptions I never see anyone clearly and in detail. But I could see her in more detail now and after I looked at those photos of the "Wraith" that was very similar to what I was seeing and I had my hands around its neck and I was enjoying choking it. I think I stopped though and I didn't kill it. But the part I thought of most throughout today was the zombies. I cannot now recall if the zombies showed up first. I don't think they did. I think the dirty water caused the hostilities towards the person I was choking. Then the first zombie came in the house and I used my fist to hit it very hard and then I physically threw it out the same door it came in although that last part wasn't something I visualized. I did visualized the second zombie come in again towards us and that one I saw myself slam it against the wall and I knew in the dream that I also threw it out the same door it came in but that was a different door than the first zombie came through. The same story with the third and final zombie but I don't recall visualizing any of that action. I just knew it came through a third door and I simply knew I had thrown back out the same door it came through.

And then there were the zombies themselves. I don't think I have ever actually dreamed of zombies. I have written many times before that I dream while sleeping of activities I have worked on so it seems that my research on zombie topics would show up in my sleeping dreams but I guess I never woke up from any of those or that I never had any that I became aware of. Those zombies in my dream while last sleeping weren't actually doing anything threatening. They were just stumbling around and walking as you see zombies act in movies but they weren't biting anybody. They were just lumbering about with expressions that seemed kind of stupor. I was thinking later they might be something I used to call "pre-zombies" but they are advanced beyond that but not yet cannibalistic.

So anyway, the images of the "Wraith" make me think now in this hour about the similarities to the "Morlocks" from 1960.

Also, the predatory nature of the "Wraith" is similar to thoughts I have had for a while. As "Kirk" said in "Metamorphosis" "How do you beat something like that?" The "Wraith's" also resemble that chief "Morlock" in the 2002 remake of "The Time Machine" and there is the scene where he is strangling the starring character.

Also, if you stretch your imagination for a moment and try to believe something is possible then that all explains what my "mother" is supposed to represent in my dreams.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 07 February 2013 excerpt ends]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0363547/quotes

IMDb


Dawn of the Dead (2004)

Quotes


Michael: Officer, sir, you do not want to go that way.

Ana: Why? What's that way?

Michael: It's pretty bad.

Andre: It's hell.

Kenneth: What about Fort Pastor?

Andre: Maybe if you had wings. The road's thick with those motherfuckers that way.

Kenneth: How do you know?

Andre: We just tried.

Michael: Back when there was eight of us. We're going to the mall.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 12:12 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Sunday 03 August 2014