Tuesday, August 26, 2014

*Somebody* really enjoys sending me to chase wild geese.




http://my.excite.com/tv/prog.jsp?id=EP000186930285&sid=82571&sn=FXXPHD&st=201408262200&cn=618

excite tv


The Simpsons (Repeat)

618 FXXPHD: Tuesday, August 26 10:00 PM [ 26 August 2014 Pacific Time USA ]

Sitcom, Animated

Simpsons Safari

Hungry Homer rips into a 30-year-old box of crackers and finds a winning ticket for a trip to Africa.

Cast: Dan Castellaneta, Julie Kavner, Nancy Cartwright, Yeardley Smith, Hank Azaria, Harry Shearer Executive Producer(s): James L. Brooks, Matt Groening, David Mirkin

Original Air Date: Apr 01, 2001










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=under-the-dome&episode=s02e09

Springfield! Springfield!


Under the Dome

The Red Door


Junior, where are you taking it? I can't keep the egg at Angie's apartment anymore.
It's not safe there.
What do you mean? I told my dad about it.
- Why? - I don't know.
He's done a lot of good for Chester's Mill, and the moment I told him about it You knew you shouldn't have? I know a lot of people don't trust him, but I'm still trying to believe in him.
As messed up as it all is, I still think he was a good father once.
I understand, but not all fathers can be who you want them to be.
What are you doing here, Melanie? (Sighs) Your dad's not the only one with a reason to take the egg.
I've had faith in Julia this whole time.
I-I still try to have it, but I don't know anymore.
I think her priorities have shifted.
Barbie is more important to her now.
So she's gonna trade the egg for him? Isn't that what you would do for the people you love? Things that seem reckless to everyone else? Not everyone gets that.
Not everyone's been in love.
Do you want to protect it with me from now on? I know a place where we can keep it safe.





http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=under-the-dome&episode=s02e09

Springfield! Springfield!


Under the Dome

The Red Door


BARBIE: I'm gonna go find Julia.
Everybody needs to keep a low profile, all right? Anyone in this town sees that we're back, and it's gonna cause chaos.
Once I come up with a plan, I'll find you.
Hunter? Stay out of trouble.
Lay low.
I'm coming with you.
- I want to see Junior.
- No.
I have to do this alone.
You need to stay here and find Lyle, please.
Now that we're back, whatever's gonna happen, we need Lyle.
I can't believe I made it through.
Now I'm really here in Chester's Mill.
Buckle up, kid.
It's about to get a lot weirder.
[ Junior Rennie: ] No better place to hide than right under my dad's nose.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0348150/quotes

IMDb


Superman Returns (2006)

Quotes


Lex Luthor: This ordinary crystal is a seed, and all it needs is water.

[pause]

Kitty Kowalski: Like Sea Monkeys?

Lex Luthor: [sighs] Exactly, Kitty. Like Sea Monkeys.










http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/p/panic-room-script-transcript-jodie.html

Panic Room


You got a piece of paper?
-What is he doing?
-I don't know.
"What we want is in that room"?










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0348150/quotes

IMDb


Superman Returns (2006)

Quotes


Kitty Kowalski: Wow, that's really something Lex.

Lex Luthor: Wait for it.

Kitty Kowalski: [long pause] Wow, that's really something Lex. It's freakin' Gone with the Wind.










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=under-the-dome&episode=s02e09

Springfield! Springfield!


Under the Dome

The Red Door


You got black uniforms, no insignias no flag of origin.
That's a violation of Geneva Convention.
Says the man who was caught trespassing in a restricted security zone with false credentials.
Okay, so charge me or let me go.
National Defense Authorization Act says I don't have to charge you or release you.
- I'm not a terrorist.
- Prove it.
Tell me why you went to the dome last night.
Go to hell.
We've had our eye on you.
Dale Barbara, Special Forces.
So you know it all.
I don't know what else you need from me.
How'd you get out of Chester's Mill? I want the exact route.
"Don't jump," you said.
Why'd you tell that woman, Julia Shumway, not to jump? What do you care how or why I got out? 'Cause you're so gung ho to save everyone on the inside? What the hell have you done to help any of us? You're going to cooperate.
Including getting Ms. Shumway to hand over that power source.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0348150/quotes

IMDb


Superman Returns (2006)

Quotes


Lex Luthor: See anything familiar?

Superman: I see an old man's sick joke.

Lex Luthor: Really? Because I see my new apartment.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0348150/quotes

IMDb


Superman Returns (2006)

Quotes


Lex Luthor: This crystal may seem unremarkable, but then so is the seed of a redwood tree. It's how our mutual friend in tights made his Arctic getaway spot.










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=the-last-ship-2014&episode=s01e10

Springfield! Springfield!


The Last Ship

No Place Like Home


[ Granderson: ] We were fortunate to find this building. There's only one coal-fired plant still operational, and we have a direct line.










http://www.snpp.com/episodes/CABF13

Simpson Safari

Original Airdate on FOX: 1-Apr-2001


% The family trails the chimp, even going so far as to swing from
% vines, Tarzan-style. Along the way, Homer continues his rant about
% the bag boys' strike. (He's against overtime pay, for the record.)
%
% The chimp leads the Simpsons to Dr. Bushwell's animal preserve.

Lisa: This is the place I've read about, where Dr. Bushwell lives among the chimps.

Marge: Oh, isn't that sweet? He named it after his wife.

Lisa: No, Dr. Bushwell is a woman.

Marge Well, now I've heard everything.


% Dr. Bushwell and the Simpsons enjoy afternoon tea and snacks.

Marge: It's kind of you to take us in, Dr. Bushwell.

Bart: Yeah. Thanks for the grub.

Bushwell: Grubs.

Bart: Whatever. [happily eats another grub] Ah, there's a burst of flavor.

Lisa: Your work has really inspired me, Doctor, and I love your sensible ponytail.

Bushwell: Why, thank you. [to a chimp] See, Jo-jo, she likes it.

[the chimp looks a bit put out]

Homer: So I noticed your home smells of feces.

Bushwell: Yes?

Homer: And not just monkey feces, either.

Bushwell: Could we talk about something else?










2008 film "The Day the Earth Stood Still" DVD video:

00:44:54


Dr. Helen Benson: Oh. Um, sorry. I think there's been a mistake. Um, I'm not that kind of doctor.










http://www.snpp.com/episodes/CABF13

Simpson Safari

Original Airdate on FOX: 1-Apr-2001


% Joan Bushwell describes her daily routine.

Bushwell: Every day I get up at 5:30, watch the chimps, eat a quick lunch of roots and water, then more chimp-watching. After dark, I come home and think about chimps until it's time for bed.

Homer: You must be the most boring woman on earth.










http://www.snpp.com/episodes/CABF13

Simpson Safari

Original Airdate on FOX: 1-Apr-2001


% Lisa takes a look at Dr. Bushwell's "research," but it doesn't
% exonerate the scientist.

Lisa: These are just pictures of monkeys from famous movies! This is disgraceful, Doctor!

Bushwell: All right! So I snapped! You don't understand the crushing loneliness and greed.










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=the-last-ship-2014&episode=s01e10

Springfield! Springfield!


The Last Ship

No Place Like Home


[Turnstiles clacking] Man: Go through the turnstile and wait for assessment.
[Indistinct conversations, chatter over P.A. continues] [Child crying in distance] [Indistinct conversations] Daddy? Daddy? - Daddy! - Ashley! - Daddy! - Ashley!










http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie8.html

Star Trek: First Contact


RIKER: Doctor, tomorrow morning when they detect the warp signature from your ship and realise that humans have discovered how to travel faster than light










http://www.krem.com/news

KREM.com


News





http://www.thenewstribune.com/2014/08/25/3346344/fred-meyer-puyallup-warehouse.html

THE NEWS TRIBUNE


Fred Meyer Puyallup warehouse workers approve strike authorization

By John Gillie

Staff writerAugust 25, 2014

Fred Meyer distribution center workers in Puyallup have overwhelmingly approved giving the union’s negotiators the power to call a strike if ongoing negotiations fail to produce a new contract.

The union that represents those workers, Teamsters Local 117, said two issues, job security and health care, are keeping negotiators from reaching an agreement.

Teamsters at three grocery warehouses – Safeway, SuperValu, and Unified Grocers – have voted to ratify their contracts over the weekend of July 19-20, leaving Fred Meyer as the only Teamster grocery warehouse in the area that has not settled its contract.










http://www.e-reading.org.ua/bookreader.php/80261/King_-_The_Stand.html


Stephen King

The Stand - The Complete & Uncut Edition


Chapter 26


Viewers in the WBZ-TV broadcast area saw Bob Palmer stop his newscast in the middle of a sentence, and heard him say, “Okay, right now!”


Has the news been managed? I am sorry to say that this is the case.










http://www.snpp.com/episodes/CABF13

Simpson Safari

Original Airdate on FOX: 1-Apr-2001


Lisa: Buzz off.

[cut to normal view]


% The plane taxis past a billboard reading, "Hail President Kitenge."
% Sure enough, it's their former tour guide, looking presidential and
% carrying a scepter.

Homer: Hey, look! Our tour guide got a new job.

Marge: Hmm. Quite a promotion.

Homer: I was wondering what became of him.

Marge: What happened to President Muntu?

[Muntu emerges from the back of the plane, wearing a flight attendants' uniform, and pushing a food cart]

Muntu: I don't want to talk about it. [tosses some peanuts to Bart]

[The Simpsons laugh]

Homer: [through his laughter] He got overthrown! Now he's just a stinkin' flight attendant. Hey, where's my pillow?


% The closing title card dedicates this episode to the bag boys of
% America, citing their greed and ineptitude as an inspiration.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 11:02 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Tuesday 26 August 2014