Friday, August 01, 2014

42 degrees




In the sleeping dream I had just before waking up and getting out of bed the dream started vaguely with me attending a wedding ceremony. There was nothing about it that reminds me of actual experience. The dream went along at the start and I have the vague sense that the outdoor wedding ceremony was in danger from inclement weather. Some people were going to leave I was vaguely aware and thinking after waking up but I know for certain I was staying there for the ceremony regardless of the weather. I am writing about this sleeping dream here now only because of specific dialog in that dream, making me think of how I will always document a sleeping dream where I see numerical combinations in a pattern I recognize. In this sleeping dream today, among the many others I had while sleeping today, there are no numbers but there was repeating dialog that made me think after I got out of bed and was in the shower. I was wearing a shirt without sleeves and someone commented that air temperature was 42 degrees and I was commenting that the temperature didn't feel that cold. Now, as trying to write this down, as I worried, some details I wanted to record have evaporated from my mind. Now I have forgotten that other instance about "42 degrees" but I know that was a recurring topic in the dream. The other interesting point that occurred in the dream and that makes me feel annoyed about having to write about here was when a spaceship arrived in the sky above us as a few of us stood around outside talking. Well, I don't know it if was actually a spaceship, in that I don't know if it was capable of traveling in outer space. I had the vague notion it had technology that protected the occupant while in outer space. My first thoughts after waking up that it was similar to one of those flying cars from that last "Star Wars" film or maybe the one before it. The one where he jumps out from high above the surface. That might have been the one from 2002. The flying craft I saw in the dream was closer to that USAF lifting body aircraft you see in the opening credits of the old "Six Million Dollar Man" television series. The craft was loud and it was small and it seemed to be designed for just one person. There was another person in there though, as though sitting on the side of the operator's enclosure. I saw the craft flying around in the sky and then it was on the surface of the ground and the operator was going backward and I had to move out of the way because he seemed to be trying to run over me. Then it was back in the sky and there was some dialog I forget now and I seemed to be talking to two women manning some kind of kiosk there in the lightly wooded area around a field where the wedding ceremony was going to happen. There was something about that guy being named "Roger." I was asking when I would get my turn. The women in the kiosk seemed indifferent. I commented that I was the one who found that aircraft in the first place. I have been thinking after waking that the aircraft had been hidden away somewhere and I was wondering why it was out there now operating and if it was being operated then when was I going to get to fly it. I was saying that I was the one who found it and they wouldn't even have it if not for me finding it in the first place.

After getting out of the shower I was still wondering about "42 degrees". My first thought it is a reference I made in my journal about the actual temperature one specific day back in the Seattle suburbs. I didn't find anything though. I had also wondered before starting to look for it if it is supposed to be a map coordinate. After looking at the map at several observations I also noticed that the 42nd parallel north runs through the United States. I see it is around the Oregon and California border. Lake Erie is on the 42nd. I read that the 42nd runs through Chicago. Sioux City Iowa is about in the middle of the 42nd parallel north according to Google Maps.










1980 film "The Final Countdown" DVD:

01:17:33


E-2 Hawkeye in-flight radio transmission: Enemy fleet bears 042 degrees.

USS Nimitzman crewman: Captain, they bear 042 degrees, range 182 miles, course 180, speed 12.

Captain Yelland: Very well. Keep me advised.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 11:21 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Friday 01 August 2014