Wednesday, August 20, 2014

The national television news desk lameoid posing for the introspective look makes me want to write a song.




JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 4:18 AM Thursday, September 29, 2011


Then I seemed to be a sentry on a hill in downtown Seattle Washington. I was aware that I was totally alone in my role. I was also aware I was wearing a United States military uniform but I cannot visualize any details about it from the dream. I was there for a long time. Some kind of conflict started among a few local people that had walked up and I was trying to stay out of it. The next part I remember from the dream is that I was sitting in a room and there were people around me and one was the old woman whose dialog is consistent with the notion that I was seeing the star pattern of the Big Dipper constellation. Then a woman stood up and she was also wearing the winter dress uniform of the United States Navy and I saw the postal clerk rating symbol on her uniform. Then I saw a person walk into the room I was in from the room next door with the half-window walls and where I had been aware that a conference was going on that all of us had been waiting for to get finished and that person who walked out of that room was a person that I understood in the dream to by my brother Thomas Reagan and he seemed to be about eight years old. He was also wearing the winter working dress uniform of the United States Navy and I noticed just after I saw the woman's rating symbol that he was also wearing the postal clerk rating symbol. But he had the E-1 rate white symbol patch on one sleeve and the E-2 rate white stripe patch on the other sleeve, which is definitely not a uniform standard of the United States Navy. After thinking about that after waking up I decided that detail is supposed to represent the E-1 and E-2 aircraft of the United States Navy.

As he walked up to me, I asked him where he had been because I have been standing on that hill everyday. There was some unspoken dialog about me having food during that time.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 29 September 2011 excerpt ends]










http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/donhenley/dirtylaundry.html


DON HENLEY


"Dirty Laundry"

I make my living off the evening news
Just give me something
Something I can use
People love it when you lose
They love dirty laundry

Well, I coulda been an actor
But I wound up here
I just have to look good
I don't have to be clear
Come and whisper in my ear










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093137/quotes

IMDb


Hamburger Hill (1987)

Quotes


Newsman: [trying to interview GIs returning to base after a hard day of fighting] Hey, word down at division is you guys can't take this hill. What do you have to say about that? In fact Senator Kennedy insists you guys haven't got a chance at all.

Sgt. Frantz: [glares at Newsman for a few seconds] You really like this shit, don't you? It's your job, a story, wait here like a fucking vulture for someone to die so you can take a picture.

Newsman: [becoming angry] It's my job...

Sgt. Frantz: I got more respect for those little bastards up on the hill. They take a side, you just take pictures. You probably don't even do your own fucking!

Newsman: What?

Sgt. Frantz: You listen to me. We're gonna take this fucking hill, Newsman. And if I catch you on top taking pictures of any of my people, I will blow your fucking head off. You haven't earned a right to be here. *You got that?*



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 5:57 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Wednesday 20 August 2014