Friday, July 04, 2014

Not my Uncle's Coeur d'Alene.




Ten years ago today this very day I was sitting at that exact spot in beautiful Coeur d'Alene.

Ironman Coeur d'Alene 2004 was over and I still had the finisher's medal they gave me. That street was part of the Ironman Coeur d'Alene marathon course and I passed that spot four times on 27 June 2004.

I was still living at the Crossland on Spraque in Spokane Valley. I still had the black 2002 Jeep Wrangler that I still miss not having. I haven't owned an automobile since the year 2005, less than a year later.

I got out there that day to Coeur d'Alene early because I had never been there before for the fireworks display and I didn't know what kind of crowd there would be. I wanted to get a seat staked out early and that barrier wall seemed to be the perfect place to sit and watch the fireworks over the lake.

I sat there by myself for many hours on that wall during the comfortable weather that day and eventually a crowd developed.

A woman and her daughter sat beside me hours later and the woman started talking to me. I don't recall where they were from but as I recall now they were traveling to some kind of accordion festival as best I recall. There was something about the Air Force too. I don't recall that detail very well. She was Air Force or she was just traveling to an accordion festival hosted by the Air Force. I cannot even recall past conversations that even mentioned the word 'accordion'.

We chatted for a long time and they sat there beside me through the fireworks display that night 04 July 2004.

Her daughter offered me some brownies from a plastic bag and I thought later I was stupid for accepting food from strange little girls.











View Larger Map



https://maps.google.com/?ll=47.673898,-116.79312&spn=0.000003,0.002064&t=h&z=20&layer=c&cbll=47.673892,-116.793509&panoid=T2wJw-OEB2o0UkdOwP8oeA&cbp=12,145.31,,0,8.02

Google Maps


W Lakeshore Dr, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, United States










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 01/09/07 1:27 PM
6/30/2004 was the day I told Microsoft I wanted my job back. The HR person said something about talking to my "network."


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 09 January 2007 excerpt ends]





http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2001966828_whycostco28.html

Monday, June 28, 2004

the former president arrives here Wednesday [ 6/30/2004 ] to autograph copies of his book, his first scheduled stop will be the discount retail warehouse Costco in Issaquah.





http://www.news.navy.mil/search/print.asp?story_id=13996&VIRIN=&imagetype=0&page=1

6/30/2004

“I have friends in college who are looking for summer work; I’m on an aircraft carrier," said Midshipman 2nd Class Chris Pogue of Chesapeake, Va. "I spent time with a SEAL [Sea, Air, Land] team last year. Not a lot of people get to do these things. I get to watch F-14s {Tomcats} land right next to me. How amazing is that?”

Aboard Kennedy, the 20-year-old was exposed to navigation, conning, chart work and engineering. His running mate, Air Traffic Controller 1st Class Paul Greenough taught the political science major a great deal about air traffic control at sea.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118929/quotes

IMDb


Dark City (1998)

Quotes


[Emma notices Bumstead's accordian]

Emma Murdoch: It's beautiful.

Inspector Frank Bumstead: It was a gift from my mother. She died recently. I keep it with me to remind me of her.

Emma Murdoch: I'm sorry.

Inspector Frank Bumstead: It's a funny thing, though. I can't remember WHEN she gave it to me. How do you think I could forget a thing like this?



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 08:18 AM Pacific Time somewhere near Spokane Washington USA Friday 04 July 2014