Friday, July 04, 2014

The Lakeshore House






I got out there many hours before nightfall to stake out a good place to sit to watch the fireworks in Coeur d'Alene Idaho on 04 July 2004.

I knew that area well because I went there often in the summer of 2004 in my Jeep or on my really cool bicycle the silver titanium Litespeed.

I would go out there tonight but they stupidly do not have metro bus service out there that I know of.

Bicycling from Spokane Valley to Coeur d'Alene was pretty good and in some ways better than back on Seattle's King County bicycling trails. The summer was better to train in because the summer in Seattle is usually very mild and the temperature never really gets that hot. The sunlight just feels more intense in Spokane and I suspect that is because there is that so-called "marine layer" always present in Seattle. So anyway, with the exception of about a two or three mile or so stretch around Post Falls Idaho there is an uninterrupted paved bicycling and jogging trail I traveled often back in that spring and summer of 2004 between Spokane Valley Washington and Coeur d'Alene Idaho.

In some ways it was much better than the Burke-Gilman trail in Seattle but with the downside of how the heat of Idaho summer would have me glimpsing out of the corner of my eye the occasional large snake slithering in the dirt along the side of the trail as I zipped by or even a couple times the surprised snake I would rush up on and that would quickly dart off the trail. I would think I wouldn't see them when I was jogging because they would sense me coming and be long gone. My plan for the next summer was to try installing something on my bicycle that would make noise and maybe that would drive them away from the trail as I approached.

So anyway, I was sitting there in that location on the Fourth of July 2004 feeling paranoid as was the new normal for me and there was just something about that house behind me.

I had noticed it before because I had been through there many times. I used to park just near there down the street. That street was also part of the Ironman triathlon marathon course and I passed that point four times on 27 June 2004. I was also in that area for a couple weeks when I participated in Ironman Coeur d'Alene 2003.

There was just something about that house I couldn't understand and it puzzled me for a long time.

I was sitting right in front of it on 04 July 2004. I remember there was a party in that house that night and they were shooting off fireworks of their own, including something that sounded like a mortar round. The woman who sat down next to me and started chatting with me said at one point something similar to how she would afraid of getting shot in the back from one of those rounds.











View Larger Map



https://maps.google.com/?ll=47.673904,-116.792987&spn=0.000003,0.002064&t=h&z=20&layer=c&cbll=47.673898,-116.793376&panoid=B_fuCvtsw0SfusYpvAD-0Q&cbp=12,6.63,,0,-1.92

Google Maps


W Lakeshore Dr, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, United States






View Larger Map



https://maps.google.com/?ll=47.673904,-116.792476&spn=0.000003,0.002064&t=h&z=20&layer=c&cbll=47.673898,-116.793376&panoid=B_fuCvtsw0SfusYpvAD-0Q&cbp=12,185.55,,0,7.22

Google Maps


W Lakeshore Dr, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, United States










http://www.tv.com/shows/the-simpsons/deep-space-homer-1381/trivia/

tv.com


The Simpsons Season 5 Episode 15

Deep Space Homer

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Feb 24, 1994 on FOX

Quotes


Buzz Aldrin: So Barney, we hear you're kickin' ass.

Homer: I, uh, don't think this contest is over yet Buzz. If that is your real name. I believe there is still a little something called the swimsuit competition.

[ Scientist ]: There's no swimsuit competition, Homer.










http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie8.html

Star Trek: First Contact


COCHRANE: I've heard enough about the great Zefram Cochrane. I don't know who writes your history books or where you get your information from, but you people got some pretty funny ideas about me.










2006 film "The Lake House" DVD video:

00:25:17

Alex Wyler: Come on, take a walk with me this Saturday. Let me show you.

Kate Forster: You're crazy. Why are you going through all this trouble for me?

Alex Wyler: No trouble. Summer's here.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 10:03 AM Pacific Time somewhere near Spokane Washington USA Friday 04 July 2014