Saturday, June 01, 2013

"Exit"




Ah, this is awesome. I vaguely recall noticing before tonight that title and reading the description for the 2011 film "Exit" on the list of free movies on Hulu.com but only today during the 9 PM hour here in Pacific Time did I start watching it.

I have the video paused now in the early minutes of the video to make this note. The woman who is the starring character presumably has just explained to her partner in crime that she has found the exit and explains "Because someone has to."

She is standing there on the empty floor of a newly constructed skyscraper they seem to be squatting in and from that high floor overlooking the city she is drawing mathematical symbols on the window panes. She draws a symbol on the back of the hand of the guy with her explaining "That is me."

She has found the building that she believes has the exit door in it but she can't get in it. Apparently she tried to get a locksmith to open the entrance door so she could get unauthorized access to the building but the locksmith didn't know how to pick the lock.

I have the video paused where they are standing on the floor of the empty office building in the skyscraper and she is drawing symbols on the windows. Right now I have a piece of paper taped to the wall above my internet computer with octal-based binary representations on it and the underlined word "REBOOT."

She seems to be a pretty good actress, acting in both settings. She has talked directly to the camera once so far as she seems to be hiding against a wall presumably sneaking into that empty office building.

And so all this is familiar. In the past recent days I have come to the conclusion that what I need to understand is that I am not trying to get into a box. I am trying to get out of a box. The box that is our universe.

And so I think again about a notion that came on me suddenly in recent months.

The notion is about how all this sense of familiarity, this sense of prescience might be just a symptom of a mental illness.

So I gave that a lot of thought.

Not unlike some caveman somewhere painting on a cave wall somewhere, I transmitted across the internet wire a short while ago in email, I started to guess that the symptom of the mental illness is the same as that common knowledge notion we call deja vu.

My guess is that excessive deja vu is really a symptom of mental illness. The brain, I would guess, is sort of hallucinating and that is what happens when it registers some kind of new input. The illness causes it to register incorrectly and that causes that notion we call deja vu.

So I've been thinking about that. And I have been thinking about how I have proved that I really do have a sense of the prescient about stuff I see later.

In the case of this film "Exit" I had the sense of prescient about something and now I forget what it was.

Not really important.

I had been getting a sense of prescient about that 1961 television series from "The Twilight Zone" called "The Mind Over Matter." I watched that video last night for the first time I can ever recall. I had probably watched it before but it is easy to forget.

He is standing in that subway drawing a mustache on the woman in the ad for the perfume and I had been thinking something very similar the day before. I could not sleep the night before because my mind was so active and I was imagining a scenario where I had the power of invisibility and I wondered if that power extended beyond a certain line on the map, a detail that is logical and that I don't explain here, and so to test my theory I was standing in front of a bus, all this as a scenario I was imagining as I was trying to think through part of the story going through my mind, and I wondered if I stood in front of the bus of a group of Pentecostal church tourist from Dubuque Iowa and I drew mustaches on their faces with magic markers, with me being invisible and the magic markers being invisible and the magic marker ink being invisible, then when they cross over that line on the map as they returned to Iowa after I drew on their faces as they stood around downtown Seattle, then would that magic marker ink still be invisible when they got back to Iowa. The answer I decided was, yes. I would not be invisible in Iowa but everything I caused because crossed over the line on the map would still be invisible.

Now I remember: "Exit." The exit. They're trying to find an exit. I have been thinking a lot about that "Where is Everybody?" episode from 02 October 1959. You watch the video and he is literally breaking the door off its hinges trying to bust out.

I also thought after making my earlier posting that I forgot to find a place to refer to "Klaatu's" dialog from the 1951 film about common denominator. That's pretty funny if you think about it. The lowest reducible integer number that can be evenly divided.





http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1814701/plotsummary

IMDb


Plot Summary for

Exit (2011)


Growing numbers of men and women believe the city is a maze. They are leaving their jobs, their families, their entire lives behind. Every day, they walk the streets, opening doors. They are searching for a door they are convinced has been lost for thousands of years: the exit. What's behind it? Something else. Something new. Using a strange system of maps, symbols and measurements, one believer - Alice - now thinks she has found it.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 10:18 PM Pacific Time Seattle USA Saturday 01 June 2013