Saturday, June 15, 2013

Jumpin', jumpin'.




http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0116629/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Independence Day (1996) [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]


Captain Steven Hiller: Y'know, this was supposed to be my weekend off, but noooo. You got me out here draggin' your heavy ass through the burnin' desert with your dreadlocks stickin' out the back of my parachute. You gotta come down here with an attitude, actin' all big and bad...

[yells]

Captain Steven Hiller: and what the hell is that smell?

Captain Steven Hiller: I could've been at a barbecue!

Captain Steven Hiller: But I ain't mad.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 12:04 PM Friday, February 24, 2012


The Lazarus Project (2008)





I had never even heard of that title until I just happened to notice the DVD on the shelf in the grocery store a few days ago.

Oh, God. I think as I am watching it just now that my recent dreams foreshadow what I am now seeing on the DVD.

And I must resist.

But what am I resisting????!!!

Am I resisting, for the sake of my sanity, what I write about now?

I resisted not writing about that dream that I awoke from and got out of bed and that I thought about as I sat down at my desk and I thought about how it was perhaps not the most vivid dream I have had but it was still pretty vivid.

I feel this great compulsion in my mind, until now, to not write about it.

I thought about the dream because I was driving a moving van and I thought about how the moving van was similar in a color scheme to a Ryder moving truck, familiar to many people here in the United States, but in the dream I had gotten out of the truck and I was standing there and I was thinking about how the size of the truck I had rented was so small that I doubt even the meager possessions I have here in this apartment now would fit into that van, much less the fact that I had arrived at Jennifer's apartment and I was getting her belongings because we were moving in together someplace else.

I was standing out there and I was aware of a parking lot that wasn't really visible in the dream but there was a lot of trees visible. I also did not know which of the four buildings in that apartment complex that Jennifer actually lived in.

I was standing beside the moving truck and I was next to one of the buildings and I was aware there was a church service in progress inside and I briefly glanced through the window and I could see people inside. A woman and another woman walked outside after that and I remember the one woman looking at me as she walked by.

I was waiting there for Jennifer but some details of the dream are gone now from my mind. I remember thinking again later, after being awake, that except for the color scheme, the moving truck actually resembled the helicopter hangar deck of that Ticonderoga-class guided-missile cruiser of the United States Navy that I referenced later. I didn't think about that until waking up and during the dream, I was looking at what after waking would be the weatherdecks on either side of the hangar. I went inside the moving truck cargo section and there was more than enough room then. But then it was as though the moving truck had been converted into a recreational vehicle. I was standing in there and thinking about how I would move all the stuff in there for transport but already in there was a bed in the center of of the cargo section and I saw a console television set on the floor that I turned on but then I turned off because I wasn't certain where the power was coming from and I didn't want to drain the battery for the engine. I noticed other stuff in there too.

I don't remember much else after that. Writing this all now this all seems pointless now.

But an important point that lingers is that I don't now what to believe. If I feel compelled to not record some details, such as thoughts, but especially certain dreams when I am sleeping and then awake from then - what?

Yes, that's it. Manipulation. My mind is being manipulated somehow. But how do I know that even now I am not being manipulated?

I was not surprised in the past few minutes that the CERN project is associated with that date. For the first time in months and months, just in the past few days, did I start to think consciously about looking over that collider project again. I had no idea that I would now make these associations here but yet in recent days, probably about the time I purchased that DVD in the grocery store, has the notion of the collider project become part of my conscious mind. Nothing else has come up that could have made me start thinking about that CERN project.










2008 DVD "The Lazarus Project" video:

00:42:22


Avery: This bus is not for you, Ben. You don't wanna be on it. You need to let go. Stop thinking about what you had. Just accept what you were given. A new home, a job. A chance to make what you did right.

Ben Garvey: I have to be with my wife and my daughter. They need me.

Avery: Ben, look at me. Death is here. Close to you. It's what you hear in the forest when you're all alone. Now, you cheated him once. You won't cheat him a second time. This bus won't take you home. Stay on it and you'll never see your family again. Make the right choice while you still can.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 24 February 2012 excerpt ends]










http://articles.latimes.com/2002/feb/02/local/me-winona2


Los Angeles Times


Winona Ryder Charged in $4,760 Shoplifting

Courts: Burglary, grand theft, drug possession and vandalism filing is 'out of whack,' her lawyer says.

February 02, 2002 ANNA GORMAN TIMES STAFF WRITER

Actress Winona Ryder was charged Friday with four felony counts for allegedly shoplifting about $4,760 in merchandise from a Beverly Hills department store and possessing a controlled substance in December, prosecutors said.

Ryder, 30, faces one count each of second-degree commercial burglary, grand theft of personal property, vandalism with more than $400 damage and possession of Oxycodone, a controlled substance, according to court papers filed Friday by the Los Angeles County district attorney's office.

She is free on $20,000 bail, but prosecutors have recommended an increase to $30,000. If she is convicted, she could face a sentence of three years and eight months in state prison.

Ryder's defense attorney, Mark Geragos, said that he was not surprised charges were filed, but that he believed their severity was "out of whack."

Geragos said his client had prescriptions for the drugs she was carrying and had receipts for the merchandise. She maintains her innocence, he said.

''The idea that they charged her with four felonies is mind-boggling,'' he said. ''I believe we're going to prevail.''

Ryder's publicist, Mara Buxbaum, issued a statement on her behalf:

"We are shocked at what appear to be grossly exaggerated charges," the statement said. "We look forward to the opportunity to explain and resolve these allegations."

District attorney's spokeswoman Sandi Gibbons said the reason for the charges was simple: "We had the evidence."










http://www.excite.com/tv/prog.jsp?id=EP001151270181&s=201111302300&sid=64591&sn=NIKPHD&st=201112010030&cn=679

excite tv


Friends (Repeat)

679 NIKPHD: Thursday, December 1 12:30 AM

Sitcom

The One With Rachel's Big Kiss

Rachel encounters a sorority sister (Winona Ryder) with whom she shared an embarrassing and passionate moment.


Courteney Cox Arquette, Lisa Kudrow, Matt LeBlanc, Matthew Perry, David Schwimmer Executive Producer(s): Kevin S. Bright, David Crane, Greg Malins, Wil Calhoun

Original Air Date: Apr 26, 2001





http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,17500,00.html

FOX NEWS.com

U.S. & World

FOXNEWS.COM HOME > WORLD > NATIONAL

McVeigh's Apr. 26 Letter to Fox News

Thursday, April 26, 2001

The following letter has been authenticated and was sent to Fox News Correspondent Rita Cosby on April 26, 2001. The opening statement was a photocopied statement in McVeigh's writing. The question-and-answer section following it is clearly an original version in McVeigh's writing.

I explain herein why I bombed the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City. I explain this not for publicity, nor seeking to win an argument of right or wrong. I explain so that the record is clear as to my thinking and motivations in bombing a government installation.

I chose to bomb a federal building because such an action served more purposes than other options. Foremost, the bombing was a retaliatory strike; a counter attack, for the cumulative raids (and subsequent violence and damage) that federal agents had participated in over the preceding years










http://www.tv.com/shows/friends/the-one-with-rachels-big-kiss-39370/trivia/


tv.com


Friends Season 7 Episode 21

The One with Rachel's Big Kiss

QUOTES


Chandler: Ross is Batman.

Monica: Well, he did manage to keep his identity secret for along time.










http://www.tv.com/shows/friends/the-one-with-rachels-big-kiss-39370/trivia/


tv.com


Friends Season 7 Episode 21

The One with Rachel's Big Kiss

QUOTES


Joey: In Joey Tribbiani, you get a minister and an entertainer. I'm a "ministainer." All right? There's no one better. There's no one greater.










http://www.tv.com/shows/friends/the-one-with-rachels-big-kiss-39370/trivia/


tv.com


Friends Season 7 Episode 21

The One with Rachel's Big Kiss

QUOTES


Rachel: I am not vanilla! I've done some pretty wild and crazy things in my day!

Phoebe: Like what?

Rachel: Well, I got drunk and married in Vegas!

Phoebe: To Ross!










http://www.tv.com/shows/friends/the-one-with-rachels-big-kiss-39370/trivia/


tv.com


Friends Season 7 Episode 21

The One with Rachel's Big Kiss

QUOTES


Chandler: Batman is so much cooler than James Bond.

Monica: What are you talking about? 007 has all those gadgets.

Chandler: Batman has a utility belt.

Monica: 007 has a fancy car.

Chandler: Batman has the Batmobile.

Monica: 007 gets all the ladies.

Chandler: Batman has Robin. (Silence) We get ESPN, right?










http://www.tv.com/shows/friends/the-one-with-rachels-big-kiss-39370/


tv.com


Friends Season 7 Episode 21

The One with Rachel's Big Kiss


AIRED: 4/26/01



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0184806/releaseinfo

IMDb


Paratroops (1943)


Release Dates

USA 21 January 1943



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navy_Cross


Navy Cross

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Navy Cross is the second highest military decoration for valor that may be awarded to a member of the United States Navy, Marine Corps, or Coast Guard for extraordinary heroism in combat.










http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/destinyschild/jumpinjumpin.html

DESTINY'S CHILD LYRICS

"Jumpin', Jumpin'"

[Chorus:]
Ladies leave yo man at home
The club is full of ballas and
They pockets full grown
And all you fellas leave yo girl
With her friends
Cause its 11:30 and the club is
Jumpin, jumpin

[Hook 1:]
So you say you've got a girl?
Yes do you got a man?
But the party aint gon stop
So lets make it hot hot!

[Verse 1 Beyonce:]
last weekend you stayed at home
Alone and lonely
Couldnt find yo man
He was chillin with his homies
This weekend you goin out
If he try to stop you, you goin off










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/F/Friends_7x20_-_The_One_With_Rachels_Kisses.html


Friends 7x20 - The One With Rachels Kisses


Melissa Worbert. I don't think I have the energy for this.
Oh, my God! Ray-Ray Greene?
You've been MIA for seven sorority newsletters.










http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=pv&GRid=6614515


Find A Grave


Nelson Doubleday


http://image1.findagrave.com/photos/2009/290/6614515_125591778428.jpg


NELSON DOUBLEDAY

JUNE 16, 1889

JANUARY 11, 1949










http://www.tv.com/shows/friends/the-one-with-rachels-big-kiss-39370/


tv.com


Friends Season 7 Episode 21

The One with Rachel's Big Kiss


AIRED: 4/26/01



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nelson_Doubleday


Nelson Doubleday

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nelson Doubleday


– January 11, 1949)



http://www.dtic.mil/dpmo/medals/pow

Department of Defense

United States of America

DPMO

Defense Prisoner of War

Missing Personnel Office


Prisoner of War Medal










http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/destinyschild/jumpinjumpin.html

DESTINY'S CHILD LYRICS

"Jumpin', Jumpin'"


Bounce with me, bounce bounce
Bounce papis work
Shake baby shake shake shake work it work it
Twist baby twist twist twist
You better dip that thang










http://www.powmiaff.org/recognitionday.html


POW/MIA Recognition Day: Background

The following information is generously provided by the National League of POW/MIA Families:

Until July 18th, 1979, no commemoration was held to honor America's POW/MIAs, those returned and those still missing and unaccounted for from our nation's wars. That first year, resolutions were passed in the Congress and the national ceremony was held at the National Cathedral, Washington, D.C. The Missing Man formation was flown by the 1st Tactical Squadron, Langley AFB, Virginia. The Veterans Administration published a poster including only the letters "POW/MIA" and that format was continued until 1982 when a black and white drawing of a POW in harsh captivity was used to convey the urgency of the situation





http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=32434

The American Presidency Project

Jimmy Carter

XXXIX President of the United States: 1977-1981

Proclamation 4664 - National P.O.W.-M.I.A. Recognition Day, 1979

June 4th, 1979

By the President of the United States of America

A Proclamation


Now, THEREFORE, I, JIMMY CARTER, President of the United States of America, do hereby designate Wednesday, July 18, 1979, as National P.O.W.-M.I.A. Recognition Day, a day dedicated both to all former American prisoners of war as well as those still missing and to their families. I call on all Americans to join on this occasion in honoring those who made the special sacrifice of being captive in war, and their loved ones.










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/F/Friends_7x20_-_The_One_With_Rachels_Kisses.html


Friends 7x20 - The One With Rachels Kisses


When celebrities are done with them, they send them back.
You mean like for award shows?










http://www.tv.com/shows/friends/the-one-with-rachels-big-kiss-39370/


tv.com


Friends Season 7 Episode 21

The One with Rachel's Big Kiss


AIRED: 4/26/01



http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/938795/John-Kerry


Encyclopædia Britannica


John Kerry


John Kerry, in full John Forbes Kerry (born December 11, 1943



http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=32434

The American Presidency Project

Jimmy Carter

XXXIX President of the United States: 1977-1981

Proclamation 4664 - National P.O.W.-M.I.A. Recognition Day, 1979

June 4th, 1979

By the President of the United States of America

A Proclamation

In each of America's past wars our prisoners of war have represented a special sacrifice. On them has fallen an added burden of loneliness, trauma, and hardship. Their burden becomes double










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Kerry


John Kerry

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

John Forbes Kerry (born December 11, 1943) is an American politician who is the 68th and current United States Secretary of State. He served as a United States Senator from Massachusetts from 1985 to 2013, and was chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. Kerry was the presidential nominee of the Democratic Party in the 2004 presidential election but lost to incumbent George W. Bush.

The son of an Army Air Corps veteran, Kerry was born in Aurora, Colorado.





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Kerry_military_service_controversy


John Kerry military service controversy

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

During John Kerry's candidacy in the 2004 U.S. presidential campaign, a political issue that gained widespread public attention was Kerry's Vietnam war record. In television advertisements and a book called Unfit for Command, co-authored by John O'Neill and Jerome Corsi, the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth (SBVT), a 527 group later known as the Swift Vets and POWs for Truth, questioned details of his military service record and circumstances relating to the award of his combat medals. Their campaign against Kerry's presidential bid received widespread publicity, but was later discredited and gave rise to the neologism 'swiftboating', to describe an unfair or untrue political attack.


Navy Inspector General report on medals

In September 2004, Vice Admiral Ronald A. Route, the Navy Inspector General, completed a review of Kerry's combat medals, initiated at the request of Judicial Watch. In a memo to the Secretary of the Navy, Gordon R. England, Route stated:

Our examination found that existing documentation regarding the Silver Star, Bronze Star and Purple Heart medals indicates the awards approval process was properly followed. In particular, the senior officers who awarded the medals were properly delegated authority to do so. In addition, we found that they correctly followed the procedures in place at the time for approving these awards





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Kerry


John Kerry

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

John Forbes Kerry (born December 11, 1943) is an American politician


Anti-war activism (1970–1971)

Main article: Vietnam Veterans Against the War

After returning to the United States, Kerry joined the Vietnam Veterans Against the War (VVAW). Then numbering about 20,000, VVAW was considered by some (including the administration of President Richard Nixon) to be an effective, if controversial, component of the antiwar movement. According to Nixon Secretary of Defense Melvin Laird, "I didn’t approve of what he did, but I understood the protesters quite well", and he declined two requests from the Navy to court martial Reserve Lieutenant Kerry over his antiwar activity.










http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000213/news?year=2002;start=21

IMDb


News for

Winona Ryder


Winona Jury Hears Closing Arguments

5 November 2002 WENN


The prosecutor in Winona Ryder's shoplifting trial told the jury yesterday that the actress may have been stealing "for the sheer thrill" and warned them not to give her special consideration because of her fame. The 31-year-old Mr. Deeds beauty has pleaded not guilty to charges of grand theft, burglary and vandalism for allegedly stealing $5,570 worth of goods from the Saks Fifth Avenue store in Beverly Hills, California last December. The closing arguments began Monday after the defense rested without calling the actress to testify. Superior Court Judge Elden Fox refused Ryder's attorney Mark Geragos' last-minute request to call another witness and the prosecution's attempt to bring in an admission allegedly written by the actress while she detained by security guards at Saks. In her closing argument, prosecutor Ann Rundle said, "The law does not say there is a higher standard of proof for celebrities. The law is the law is the law, no matter who you are. The law doesn't say only poor people steal. It must have occurred to some of you, 'Why would Winona Ryder steal?' Nowhere does it say people steal because they have to. People steal out of greed, envy, spite, because it's there or for the thrill." And Rundle dismissed claims that the actress allegedly shoplifted as research for a forthcoming film role. Rundle said, "The law doesn't say crime is OK if your director told you to do it. And there is no evidence that a director told her to do it." In Geragos' final statement, he accused staff at the prestigious store of "a multitude of inconsistencies" in their testimony and suggested they had fabricated evidence to convict Ryder. Geragos noted how there was no footage of Ryder being detained in the security room and accused staff of planting scissors in the actress' possession.










http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/SGA_1.05_%22Suspicion%22_Transcript


STARGATE WIKI


SGA 1.05 "Suspicion"


SHEPPARD
(angry)
I'm going to bust that son of a bitch.

MCKAY
Major—

SHEPPARD
Teyla has nothing to do with this.

MCKAY
The thing is…he was right.

SHEPPARD
(nonplussed)
Bates was right?

MCKAY
I know. I was as surprised as you are. Look at this. It's her locket. It's a transmitter. It's been broadcasting a continuous signal. I wouldn't even have noticed if I hadn't been looking for it specifically.

[Sheppard stares at the necklace McKay is holding up. He huffs and shakes his head.]

SHEPPARD
I found it.

MCKAY
(nonplussed)
What?

SHEPPARD
Back on her planet, the first time we met Teyla took me to the old ruins. That was half-buried in dirt. I gave it to her.










http://www.marines.mil/news/publications/Documents/SecNavInst%201650.1H.pdf


SECNAV INSTRUCTION 1650.1H

From: Assistant Secretary of the Navy (Manpower and Reserve Affairs)

Subj: NAVY AND MARINE CORPS AWARDS MANUAL

1. Purpose. To provide guidance and regulations concerning awards available for recognizing individuals and units in the Naval Service.


2. Navy Cross

a. Authorization. 10 U.S.C. S6242.

b. Eligibility Requirements

(1) Awarded to individuals who, while serving in any capacity with the Navy or Marine Corps, distinguish themselves by extraordinary heroism, not justifying the award of the Medal of Honor.

(a) While engaged in an action against an enemy of the United States;

(b) While engaged in military operations involving conflict with an opposing foreign force; or

(c) While serving with friendly foreign forces engaged in an armed conflict against an opposing armed force, in which the United States is not a belligerent party.

(2) To warrant this distinctive decoration, the act or execution of duty must be performed in the presence of great danger, or at great personal risk, and must be performed in such a manner as to set individuals apart from their shipmates or fellow Marines. An accumulation of minor acts of heroism normally does not justify the award. The high standards SECNAVINST 1650.1H demanded must be borne in mind when recommending the award.










http://articles.latimes.com/2002/feb/02/local/me-winona2


Los Angeles Times


Winona Ryder Charged in $4,760 Shoplifting

Courts: Burglary, grand theft, drug possession and vandalism filing is 'out of whack,' her lawyer says.

February 02, 2002 ANNA GORMAN TIMES STAFF WRITER

Actress Winona Ryder was charged Friday with four felony counts for allegedly shoplifting about $4,760 in merchandise


District attorney's spokeswoman Sandi Gibbons said the reason for the charges was simple: "We had the evidence."










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/D/Day_the_Earth_Stood_Still_The.html


Day the Earth Stood Still The


Before we discuss plans, I want a report from Colonel Ryder. What about the robot?
When it was discovered that the robot had moved,
I was directed by the Joint Chiefs to find a means of immobilizing him.
We accomplished that this morning by encasing him in a block of KL93,
a new plastic material stronger than steel.
- Isn't it possible he's broken out? - No, sir. We just checked on that.
- He's locked up tight as a drum. - All right. Now we concentrate on the man.
Up till now we've agreed upon the desirability of capturing this man alive.
We can no longer afford to be so particular.
We'll get him, alive if possible, but we must get him.










http://www.defenseimagery.mil/imagery.html#a=search&s=111208-N-BC134-131&chk=6cfe0&n=90


DefenseImagery.mil


111208-N-BC134-131

U.S. Sailors aboard the guided missile cruiser USS Bunker Hill (CG 52) connect a cargo pendant to an MH-60 Seahawk helicopter during a vertical replenishment in the Pacific Ocean Dec. 8, 2011. Bunker Hill was on a scheduled deployment to the western Pacific Ocean. (U.S. Navy photo by Mass Communication Specialist 3rd Class John Grandin/Released)

Photographer's Name: MC3 John Grandin

Location: USS Bunker Hill (CG 52)

Date Shot: 12/8/2011


VIRIN: 111208-N-BC134-131










http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/pinkfloyd/nobodyhome.html


PINK FLOYD


"Nobody Home"

I've got a little black book with my poems in
I've got a bag with a toothbrush and a comb in
When I'm a good dog they sometimes throw me a bone in
I got elastic bands keeping my shoes on
Got those swollen hand blues.
Got thirteen channels of shit on the T.V. to choose from
I've got electric light
And I've got second sight
I've got amazing powers of observation
And that is how I know
When I try to get through
On the telephone to you
There'll be nobody home
I've got the obligatory Hendrix perm
And I've got the inevitable pinhole burns
All down the front of my favourite satin shirt
I've got nicotine stains on my fingers
I've got a silver spoon on a chain
I've got a grand piano to prop up my mortal remains
I've got wild staring eyes
I've got a strong urge to fly
But I've got nowhere to fly to
Ooooh Babe when I pick up the phone
There's still nobody home



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 02:20 AM Pacific Time Seattle USA Saturday 15 June 2013