Saturday, June 29, 2013

Ashdown




I was wondering why Tom Withem's Facebook page referenced the USS Enterprise CVN 65. Apparently Lesa Jewell Withem's son, Cole Withem, has served in the US Navy since 2007 and is a nuclear-specialized Machinist's Mate assigned to that ship.

What will they think of next, Colonel Taylor.

Looking around I started looking at Mary Marchand's Facebook page, as I followed the links of the friends that are listed on a Facebook page for Lesa Jewell Withem that is still active.

I saw what seems to be class reunion from 2004 for the Class of 1984. I was just thinking about that again a couple days ago.

Only in recent months did the notion suddenly dawn on me that I completely forgot about the possibility of a twenty year reunion, presumably in the year 2004.

So that got me thinking in recent days that I was using my microsoft.com email address to communicate with Lesa Jewell Withem back before I quit working at Microsoft.

If she had tried to email me about the reunion after I quit working there on 06 February 2004 then I wouldn't have got the message. I also never even thought to check with anybody about it. Can't recall the last time I emailed Lesa. I had also traded emails with Becky Reed when I was working at Microsoft but she wasn't in my graduation class as she graduated before I did.

I downloaded some photos from Mary's page and those sure bring back some memories. I guess that was the 10th grade that photo of what seems to be the yearbook page of Michelle Center and of me just above the photo of her. That could have been our senior year though. I think all those photos are of our senior year. The second one seems to be of sitting across the table from Chad Trammell. I am the one holding a sheet of paper. Chad is on the photo-left of me, as he has his back to the camera and his right arm outstretched. On the other side of me appears to be James Judd. Two smart guys a lot smarter than I was at Ashdown Arkansas.

There are other photos that are labeled "Reunion" and that I guess are the class reunion from 2004. I recognize Michelle Center and that must be her husband with her, the retired United States Marine Corps Master Sergeant and who I have never met.

I started off here because I was wondering if Tammie Hood has a Facebook page but I haven't got that far yet.

Facebook. Bah, humbug. (Funny story about "humbug" from "The Christmas Carol" I recently read and that elaborates on the true reason he always said that.)

I am hoping, as I wrote in private email a while back, that feelings of nostalgia about real memories in my mind will sort of rewire access to memories in my mind that are blocked by the security drug from the 1990s. That is why I have actual working memory of that class reunion in 1994, as well as working memories that are consistent with my cover identity. To have blank memory of the 1990s would have only encouraged me to question my memory.



https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/197794_636433546379599_1245281826_n.jpg



https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/931163_636431463046474_1248245813_n.jpg



















































- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 6:59 PM Pacific Time Seattle USA Saturday 29 June 2013