Friday, June 14, 2013

"Corporate sponsorship"




http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1298534/releaseinfo

IMDb


The Artificial Insemination of Rabbits and the Transplantation of Rabbit Eggs (1948)


Release Dates

USA 23 May 1948










http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie2.html

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan


TERRELL: Maybe it's something we can transplant.

CHEKOV: You know what she'll say.

[Regula I space laboratory]

CAROL (OC): Now let me get this straight. Something you can transplant?

CHEKOV (OC): Yes, Doctor.

[Regula I lab]

CAROL: Something you can transplant? I don't know.

TERRELL (on viewscreen): It might only be a particle of preanimate matter.

CAROL: Then again it may not. You boys have to be clear on this. There can't be so much as a microbe or the show's off. Why don't you have a look? But if it is something that can be moved I want...

TERRELL (on viewscreen): You bet, Doctor. We're on our way!

[Regula I corridor]

DAVID: Well, don't have kittens. Genesis is going to work. They'll remember you in one breath with Newton, Einstein, Surak.

CAROL: Thanks a lot. No respect from my offspring.










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=37257

The American Presidency Project

Ronald Reagan

XL President of the United States: 1981 - 1989

Remarks and a Question-and-Answer Session With Students of John A. Holmes High School of Edenton, North Carolina

May 13, 1986


Now, that's all I had to say in terms of prepared remarks. What I really want to do is take your questions. And I understand that Rob Miller will be asking the first question. So, Rob, step up to the microphone, and we'll begin.

Q. Mr. President, my name is Rob Miller, and I expect to attend East Carolina University next fall. Before I start, I'd like to say that I wish you could run for a third term so I could vote for you next time. [Laughter]

The President. Well, thank you very much. They kind of fixed that with the 22d amendment. [Laughter]

Views on the Presidency

Q. My question is: What do you enjoy most about being President of the United States?

The President. Oh, there are so many things, and many things that you don't enjoy, also. I think the greatest is that every once in a while something comes to your attention—maybe it's something you read in the paper about some unfortunate person, or you get a letter that someone managed to get through about some problem that, evidently, there isn't any regular program to solve, and you find that you can solve it. And I know of one case of a baby that had to have a transplant, and we were able to arrange that. And then, just a short time ago, I had the pleasure of seeing that little girl who had been a baby at the time of the transplant, and she came here with her parents to the White House. But it's things like that where you find that being in this position enables you to reach out and touch and get something of that kind done. And you go home feeling 10 feet tall and very happy.










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=39932

The American Presidency Project

Ronald Reagan

XL President of the United States: 1981 - 1989

Proclamation 5194 - Missing Children Day, 1984

May 15, 1984

By the President of the United States of America

A Proclamation

Each year hundreds of thousands of American families face the stark terror of a unique tragedy—that of a missing child. Our children are our most precious resource—they are the bond that binds our past with the future. It is for them that we struggle to build a better world. They are the embodiment of our hopes and dreams. To have a child simply disappear strikes an incalculable blow against the spirit and soul of any family so afflicted.

In our efforts to address the nightmare of missing children, 1984 marks the year of a significant step forward. The Department of Justice has awarded a $3.3 million grant to establish a National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. Its purpose is to aid parents and law enforcement agencies in locating missing youngsters and preventing the exploitation of children. By collecting and disseminating information regarding missing young people, the Center will lend major support to those searching for their children.










http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie3.html

Star Trek III: The Search for Spock


TRAINEE FOSTER: Sir, ...I was wondering. ...Are they planning a ceremony when we get in? ...I mean, a reception?

KIRK: A hero's welcome, son? Is that what you'd like? ...Well, God knows, there should be. This time we paid for the party with our dearest blood.

[Merchantman bridge]

CAPTAIN: Steady, ...steady boys. Keep scanning... I thought you people were reliable. ...Where the hell is he!

VALKRIS: He has been here for some time. Put me on the hailing frequency. Commander Kruge, this is Valkris. (in Klingonese) I have obtained the Federation data. Ready to transmit.

KRUGE (OC): Well done, Valkris, ...well done.

CAPTAIN: What the hell is...?

KRUGE: (in Klingonese) Disengage cloaking device!

(the Bird-of-Prey decloaks)

[Bird-of-Prey bridge]

KRUGE: (in Klingonese) Lights up!

(Kruge has a fearsome pet at his feet)

KRUGE: (in Klingonese) Transmit data. ...Now!

[Merchantman bridge]

VALKRIS: (in Klingonese) Transmission completed. ...You will find it useful.

[Bird-of-Prey bridge]

KRUGE: (in Klingonese) Then you have seen i?

[Merchantman bridge]

VALKRIS: (in Klingonese) I have, my lord.

[Bird-of-Prey bridge]

KRUGE: (in Klingonese) Unfortunate.










http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie2.html

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan


DAVID: Well, don't have kittens. Genesis is going to work. They'll remember you in one breath with Newton, Einstein, Surak.

CAROL: Thanks a lot. No respect from my offspring.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103064/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Release dates for

Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991)

USA 1 July 1991 (Century City, California) (premiere)
UK 16 August 1991





http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/archive.mpl?id=1991_792554


chron Houston Chronicle Archives


Bush makes a London lunch date with Gorbachev

Houston Chronicle News Services

TUE 07/02/1991 HOUSTON CHRONICLE


KENNEBUNKPORT, Maine - President Bush said Monday that he will meet Soviet President Mikhail Gorbachev for lunch in London on July 17


Bush made the comments after announcing his intention to nominate appeals court judge Clarence Thomas to the Supreme Court.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093640/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

No Way Out (1987)


Scott Pritchard: You have no idea what men of power can do!










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/N/No_way_out.html


No way out


If we go looking for a Russian spy without the FBI or the CIA, it's gonna raise hell.
That's my problem.
Well, what do we have on the dead woman?
It's through Yuri's association with this woman that we'll be able to find him.
Here's everything we know about her for the moment.
It looks like he spent the weekend with her.
He brought her home and killed her around midnight.
I'm counting on it not being too hard to find out where they'd been.
Yeah... Yes.
- I'm certain the investigation will... - Will you excuse me?
- Commander Farrell, are we boring you? - No, sir. May I...?
- We can't even convince our own people.










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=34553

The American Presidency Project

Ronald Reagan

XL President of the United States: 1981 - 1989

Remarks at the Presentation Ceremony for the All-America Cities Awards

July 16, 1987

Thank you, and welcome to the White House. And you know, I was getting set as to what I was going to say to you a few days ago, and then the weather double-crossed me. And I'm going to go ahead, because what I was going to say was: And a special thanks for putting up with Washington in this heat. And it was that hot a couple of days ago. And then I was going to tell you that it reminded me of a Sunday morning in church back when I was growing up in Illinois. And talking about the wages of sin, the preacher said, looking out over the congregation-and then he said, "If you think it's hot now, just wait." [Laughter] Well, see, I got that in anyway, even if the weather did change. [Laughter]










https://maps.google.com/?ll=32.440611,-80.685536&spn=0.008086,0.016512&t=m&z=17&layer=c&cbll=32.44061,-80.687589&panoid=sOIAUeTNtWV1AmzBSTBGfg&cbp=12,219.85,,0,-8.95

Google maps


2016 Boundary Street, Beaufort, South Carolina, United States










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=33744

The American Presidency Project

Ronald Reagan

XL President of the United States: 1981 - 1989

Remarks at a Luncheon Hosted by the Heritage Foundation

November 30, 1987

Thank you for those very kind words, and thank all of you very much. It's always a great pleasure to speak to the Heritage Foundation and have a chance to see so many old friends and supporters and advisers. As many of you know, Ed Feulner joined the administration for a short while at the beginning of the year and his help and advice were invaluable, but he wanted to get back to Heritage. He knows where the real power center in Washington is. [Laughter]

In the last 10 years, with Ed at the helm and with the constant support and vision of Joe Coors, Heritage has transformed itself from a struggling and valiant coterie of conservatives to, well, a struggling and valiant coterie of conservatives— [laughter] -though today the influence and importance of Heritage is widely recognized in Washington and, indeed, by policymakers around the world.

Thinking back to those days when, as we used to say, all the conservatives in this town could fit into a single phone booth, I remembered the story Lincoln told when he found his entire Cabinet, with the exception of one man, was against him. During a revival meeting in his hometown in Illinois, one of the audience who'd indulged too much in the refreshments beforehand passed out and stayed asleep. And when the preacher challenged the assembly: "All here who are on the Lord's side, stand up!"—and the whole audience, of course, except for that drunk, stood up. And when the preacher then asked, "And who is on the side of the Devil?" He suddenly awoke, he rose and stood there all alone and said, "I don't exactly understand the question, but I'll stand by you, parson, to the last." [Laughter]










http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/soviet-communist-party-gives-up-monopoly-on-political-power


HISTORY


ON THIS DAY IN HISTORY


Feb 7, 1990:

Soviet Communist Party gives up monopoly on political power


President Gorbachev resigned on December 25, 1991










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=35524

The American Presidency Project

Ronald Reagan

XL President of the United States: 1981 - 1989

Remarks at the Dedication Ceremony for the Army and Navy Club

January 12, 1988

Well, reverend clergy, General Hittle, General Dawson, Charles Graham, and ladies and gentlemen: In the old days, I'm told, the Army and Navy Club often invited their neighbor, the President, to all their parties. I've also heard that Benjamin Harrison and Grover Cleveland walked over for a toddy or two. Oh, for the good old days. [Laughter] If I'd known that the club was this beautiful, Nancy and I would have stopped by long ago, and we would even walk, if the Secret Service would let us.

Well, the word for today is: Congratulations! You've put together a beautiful building and an historic treasure. I'm amazed at your outstanding collection of art, particularly the De Welden sculptures. I've always wondered where old generals and admirals went when they "just faded away." And now I know.










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=33741

The American Presidency Project

Ronald Reagan

XL President of the United States: 1981 - 1989

Radio Address to the Nation on Soviet-United States Relations

November 28, 1987

My fellow Americans:

In a moment I'd like to talk with you about the coming summit meeting between myself and General Secretary Gorbachev. But first I wonder whether you'd join me in doing again now what so many of us did with our families just 2 days ago: pausing to consider all that we have to be grateful for.

America today is at peace. Despite some ups and downs, our economy remains strong and growing. And if Thanksgiving is a time to think especially for the less fortunate among us, then surely we must give thanks during this economic expansion that the number of Americans living in poverty has fallen to the lowest level in 5 years. With economic growth, too, has come an increase in private charity. Private contributions to charity have set new records in each of the past 4 years. Who can doubt that we do indeed owe our Creator a profound debt of thanks? For after 200 years, ours is still a nation of freedom and, yes, of goodness.

As you know in 10 days' time, I will be meeting in Washington with General Secretary Gorbachev. If all goes well, he and I will sign an agreement that will for the first time in history eliminate an entire class of U.S. and Soviet nuclear missiles. But this agreement must be seen in the context of our wider relations with the Soviet Union.

Our administration has insisted from the first upon dealing with the Soviets in each of four crucial areas. Human rights is one. Human rights, after all, is what our nation is all about. In this area, we've seen a certain amount of progress: Some political prisoners in the Soviet Union have been released, immigration rates have seen a slight rise, and there's been talk about granting the Soviet peoples some very limited new economic freedoms. Yet all of this remains much, much too little, and human rights will remain on my agenda when I meet Mr. Gorbachev.

Expanding bilateral relations, especially people-to-people exchanges, is the second area we've stressed. Here, too, we've seen a certain amount of progress, notably in cultural exchanges following my first summit meeting with Mr. Gorbachev in Geneva. The Bolshoi Ballet has toured the United States, and many American artists have visited the Soviet Union in turn. I think in particular of the historic return to Moscow last year of pianist Vladimir Horowitz—his first visit to Russia in more than 60 years.

Regional conflicts represent the third major point in U.S.-Soviet relations, and the American position can be stated very simply: Wherever in the world the Soviets or their clients are seeking to advance their interests by force—in Nicaragua, in Afghanistan, in Angola, in Cambodia, or elsewhere—they must stop and let the people of these countries choose their own destinies. And I can assure you, this will be at the top of my agenda for Mr. Gorbachev. I will remind him that Soviet conduct in these areas remains a major impediment to improved U.S.-Soviet relations.

This brings me to the fourth major topic on our agenda, namely, my search for a better way to deter aggression and ensure security than through the threat of offensive nuclear retaliation. One answer has been our Strategic Defense Initiative, or SDI—our work on a defensive system that will shield us and our allies while threatening no one. A second answer has been arms reduction negotiations with the Soviets, negotiations that have produced the INF agreement that Mr. Gorbachev and I expect to sign. This agreement, as I said, will eliminate an entire class of Soviet and American intermediate-range missiles. For every deployed warhead of our own that we remove, they will give up almost four.

Since the Soviets have a record of violating arms agreements, we're insisting on the most stringent verification regime in arms control history. And we will go on to press the Soviets for progress in the START talks, where we've proposed 50-percent reductions in both sides' strategic arsenals. But the Soviets are going to have to drop their tactic of holding strategic arms reduction hostage to their efforts to cripple our SDI program.

Let me assure you, SDI is not a bargaining chip. It is the path to a safer future. Make no mistake, the Soviets are and will continue to be our adversaries, the adversaries, indeed, of all who believe in human liberty. Yet as we work to advance the cause of liberty, we must deal with the Soviets soberly and from strength and in the name of peace.










http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/georgethorogoodandthedestroyers/idrinkalone.html

GEORGE THOROGOOD AND THE DESTROYERS


"I Drink Alone"

I drink alone, yeah
With nobody else
I drink alone, yeah
With nobody else
You know when I drink alone
I prefer to be by myself

Every morning just before breakfast
I don't want no coffee or tea
Just me and good buddy Weiser
That's all I ever need
'Cause I drink alone, yeah
With nobody else
Yeah, you know when I drink alone
I prefer to be by myself

The other night I laid sleeping
And I woke from a terrible dream
So I caught up my pal Jack Daniel's
And his partner Jimmy Beam
And we drank alone, yeah
With nobody else
Yeah, you know when I drink alone

I prefer to be by myself

The other day I got invited to a party
But I stayed home instead
Just me and my pal Johnny Walker
And his brothers Black and Red
And we drank alone, yeah
With nobody else
Yeah, you know when I drink alone
I prefer to be by myself

My whole family done give up on me
And it makes me feel oh so bad
The only one who will hang out with me
Is my dear Old Grand-Dad
And we drink alone, yeah
With nobody else










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=33743

The American Presidency Project

Ronald Reagan

XL President of the United States: 1981 - 1989

Remarks to Local Business Leaders at a White House Briefing on Deficit Reduction

November 30, 1987

Welcome to the White House—America's first public housing. [Laughter] You've heard this morning from Howard and Jim Baker and Jim Miller about our budget compromise with the Congress. I called for the budget negotiation and received daily reports from our negotiating team and gave instructions on what I felt was acceptable and what was not. And I'll do everything I can to see that the agreement is adhered to and fully implemented. During the talks, our team was sent back to the bargaining table twice for better deals: one time to get a billion dollars more from entitlement spending, another to get revenue increases down to the kind I called for in the budget that I had submitted last January.

Our instructors, our negotiators, I should say, were instructed that only an enforceable agreement was acceptable, and I'm sure that they've made that clear to you already. It's tough to come up here last and hope that you aren't repeating things that have already been said. [Laughter]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078346/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Superman (1978)


Jonathan Kent: [after Clark has beaten Brad's car to the Kent farmhouse... by RUNNING!] Been showing off a bit, haven't you, son?

Young Clark Kent: ...Oh, I didn't mean to show off, Pop. It's just that... well, guys like that Brad, I just wanna... well, I know I shouldn't, but...

Jonathan Kent: I know. You can do all these amazing things, and sometimes you think that you will BURST WIDE OPEN unless you can tell someone about it, don't you?... There's one thing I know for sure, son. And that is, YOU ARE HERE FOR A REASON. I don't know what it is, exactly, but I do know this much: it's NOT to score touchdowns.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 8:10 PM Wednesday, June 15, 2011


"I wonder if something happened today"





I drive myself around in circles because I am writing these details in my journal and then sometime in the relative to this present day, I time travel back to the past and I exist as my self during the same time as my natural time self.

I had to write that journal entry because to not do so would have created a paradox. I had to have the sense because that is the natural order of the universe.

I was thinking recently that robot could do the function I am doing now - which is the function of writing and publishing this text - but these details are largely based on my thoughts. I am thinking.

So I guess the best way to understand this all is that what I write in my journal, at certain times, is due to the time traveler influence effect and as I have noted, the events that create the influence have not yet happened in this present day. I am struggling with the time traveler effect because I know that it is happening and that something is going to happen but, obviously, since I have not written what it is, then that knowledge is not currently available to my conscious awareness in my mind at this present time. Even if I do have a clairvoyant link to the person who has my time traveler notes, I am unable to have awareness in my mind of what is going to happen in the future.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 15 June 2011 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2006 10:02 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: Journal May 25, 2006, Supplemental


Kerry Burgess wrote:
I AM CONFUSED BEYOND DESCRIPTION!!!!!


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 25 May 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2006 10:02 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: Journal May 25, 2006, Supplemental


Kerry Burgess wrote:


In Conspiracy Theory, Julia Roberts was named Alice Sutton, according to the wiki article. Could this be a reference to Alice in Wonderland? I am thinking about how rabbits are turning up in some of my memories. The first I can remember is the company my father drove a truck for had a rabbit for the logo.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 25 May 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2006 10:02 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: Journal May 25, 2006, Supplemental


Kerry Burgess wrote:


In my memory, I got kicked out of my first school in the Navy and sent out to the fleet because I had been sleeping in class. I suspect the truth is something along the lines of being sent out to the fleet because I had been paying attention in class.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 25 May 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2006 10:02 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: Journal May 25, 2006, Supplemental


Kerry Burgess wrote:


There were these green coveralls I used to wear on the Taylor. I hated them. They were ill-fitting and uncomfortable. I hoped to get some of the better fitting ones, like the helo crew wore.

This struck my mind almost like a gentle slap: The similarities are to the movie Top Gun and Cast Away.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 25 May 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/P/Planet_of_the_Apes_1968.html

Planet of the Apes


Get me a collar and leash.|I'm taking him out of here.
- He's vicious. Besides, it's against the rules.|- Do as I say!
You... wouldn't hurt me, would you,
Taylor?
It's a stunt. Humans can't write.
Dear, you're a scientist.|Don't you believe your own eyes?
Where did you learn to do this?
"Jefferson
Public School."
"Fort Wayne, Indiana."
- Back on that planet you say you came from?










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 9:45 PM Friday, July 08, 2011


The first time we met was at The Company. First Federal. January 1992. My first day back to work at The Company.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 08 July 2011 excerpt ends]










http://www.snpp.com/episodes/BABF03

Eight Misbehavin'


Original Airdate on FOX: 21-Nov-1999


% Homer and the kids watch the conference at home.

Homer: Free baby cola? Apu hits the jackpot, and I'm stuck with these juiceless one-tuplets.

Bart: Gee, sorry for being born.

Homer: I've been waiting so long to hear that. [hugs Bart, who shrugs and hugs back]


% Brockman interviews the Nahasapeemapetilons at their apartment. In
% the background are piles of baby supplies and furniture.

Brockman: How do you feel about this avalanche of free merchandise?

Manjula: Oh, the companies are so generous. Except the Q-tip people. They only gave us three crates. They can rot in hell.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 03:18 AM Pacific Time Seattle USA Friday 14 June 2013