Saturday, June 01, 2013

Damn. There it is.




You just cannot make up this stuff.

I am deliberately not documenting details about my observations because that would sort of defeat the point.

The point is about my so-called time-traveler effect variables.

A lot of people heard that too. Where they listening? Doubtful. Just a bunch of noise that surrounds us every day.

To me, it is prescient.

Nothing about it - nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing - could have possibly caused me to decide to watch tonight for the first time the video for that 2011 film "Exit" on Hulu.com.

And now since I paused the video to make this note I am going to include some thoughts I had after my last post. I thought, "Sure," after all that thinking in recent days about "Where is Everybody?" then it would make sense that I would watch that "Exit" video tonight. And that's true. What is not consistent with that thought is about how much they talk about doors in that film. What is not consistent is about how much I was thinking about doors and certain events in my life in my working memory of the 1990s. I was thinking in recent days about that apartment I had in Charlotte North Carolina in 1995. I was thinking in recent days, or maybe it was this morning as another dreary day started and I dragged my aching shoulders into the shower and I was thinking about that pull up bar I installed in that apartment in Charlotte in 1995. A pull up bar mounted to the door jamb of that apartment on Dresden in 1995. Before that, I was thinking in recent days, about the home security alarm salesman who came to my house in Greer at Country Club Estates to sell me an alarm system for that house and we were sitting in the living room and he started off his sales pitch with "What's the weakest part of the front door of the house" and I responded with "The door jamb." He later installed the security system with his worker and I remember the passcode for the alarm company, that I created, was "RIOS" and the passcode was '6676.' A few days ago I discovered, or rediscovered, that 06 June 1976 is the day J. Paul Getty died. I was thinking about how sometime in 1997 or 1998 I was talking to a woman in Charlotte about a story I was working on and the story involved a secret underground doorway and I couldn't get the door opened so I figured out how to get the door down by digging into the walls that surrounded the door and that was how I got in. I wrote that in a story and sent it to her by email. The writing wasn't very good but I really did write that back when I still lived in Charlotte. I moved from that apartment on Dresden to that brand-new place I really liked at Whitehall Estates south of Charlotte on the Carolina border.

So anyway, it's the time-traveler effect. If I document too many details then there are no variables. The variables, as I call them, are what I see and hear that are consistent with what I will write here after the fact.

The fact is that people who are the recipient of my time-traveler note will alter my environment and those observations I make about my environment are prescient of observations I will make later. Those variables do not cause me to make personal choices that affect how this all works out. I could have watched many other videos tonight. I could have watched no videos tonight and that is normal for me.

I'm not even going to describe where I now have the video paused. You can't really even guess because I have not been watching the video constantly since I started posting about it. For one thing, making these blog posts takes up a lot of time because I manually save the data to another file.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 11:39 PM Pacific Time Seattle USA Saturday 01 June 2013