Friday, June 21, 2013

Mr. Denton on Doomsday




I have referenced before that 1959 episode of "The Twilight Zone" titled "Mr. Denton on Doomsday" but only today am I watching the episode. On tv.com they have a link to view the episode for free (as free as anything is on the internet) on hulu.com and I am watching it today and nothing is familiar about it, suggesting I have never watched it before.

The reason this all seems compelling is the scene just before Rod Serling appears the first time and narrates his opening dialog.

"Denton" is crawling around in the dirt in the roadway in front of the saloon and he runs over to pick up the broken bottle of whisky thrown there by his agitator.

So that's compelling to me because the only alcohol I consume is in a bottle of beer.

I stopped drinking beer about three months ago. I haven't had any form of alcohol in about three months, maybe just over three months now, not really certain the last day I drank beer.

On the last day I was drinking beer I was thinking about how I was going to stop drinking beer after that day.

For the first time I can ever recall, as I was using a bottle opener to open another bottle of Corona Extra beer, a small portion of the top of the bottle broke off along with the bottle cap. I didn't give it much thought and it wasn't that big a piece of glass but it was big enough to catch my attention and as best I recall now it was a circular piece of broken glass that came off with the bottle cap.

I took a drink of the beer bottle anyway and it cut my lip. My lip was actually bleeding but it was very minor and although I could still feel it the next day there was only a small amount of blood.

I thought again today about that as I watched that scene of "Denton" drinking from that broken bottle.

So I thought about this all in the context of my so-called time-traveler effect.

There is something that seems so obvious to me about it.

As for the notion of my so-called time-traveler effect I have established that notion means that because I record details in my journals and then time-travel (which hasn't happened to me yet personally) that information back to the past then the details I record must be true.

I know I am going to time-travel this information to the past because that is an agreement I made. I have known for a long time that I would become a time-traveler some time in the distant future. I figured out how to teleport matter over vast distances but that wasn't time-travel.

Even in 1989 I did not time-travel. I existed in something sort of like a two-dimensional universe. Even my real-world companion from 1986 did not time-travel. But she did gain knowledge of the future. I was from the future from her perspective. I told her all I could remember about my existence between April 1986 and July 1989. She had resources already. She knew what I told her was going to happen. She didn't know why it was happening. I try to imagine now the consequences of trying to alter the future. My existence now only confirms that nothing should be done. No one cares now, why should they have cared in 1989?

So, as for what I am trying to conceptualize in my mind, it's that beer bottle. I could understand how my time-traveler effect could affect my actions because I am now recording details here about my thoughts but how could I have deliberately broken that bottle?

That actor "Denton" sure does remind me of Ronald Reagan when they have his face posed in front of the camera.

Crawling out of a pit. Shot in the hand. Now you're sure to have grandchildren.

Shot in the hand. Crawling out of a pit.

They both have potions from a salesman.

I'll have a lot of stories to tell about the future when I am a time-traveler to the past.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0734592/trivia?tab=qt

IMDb


"Twilight Zone"

Mr. Denton on Doomsday (TV episode 1959)

Quotes


Narrator: [Opening Narration] Portrait of a town drunk named Al Denton. This is a man who's begun his dying early - a long, agonizing route through a maze of bottles. Al Denton, who would probably give an arm or a leg or a part of his soul to have another chance, to be able to rise up and shake the dirt from his body and the bad dreams that infest his consciousness.

[Shot of Henry J. Fate]

Narrator: [Narration continues] In the parlance of the times, this is a peddler, a rather fanciful-looking little man in a black, frock coat.

[a six-gun materializes beside Denton]

Narrator: [Narration continues] And this is the third principal character of our story. Its function: perhaps to give Mr. Al Denton his second chance.










http://www.tv.com/shows/the-twilight-zone/mr-denton-on-doomsday-12587/trivia/


tv.com


The Twilight Zone Season 1 Episode 3

Mr. Denton on Doomsday

QUOTES


Liz: Al, I think everything's gonna be all right now, understand? Charlie says you're as good with a gun now as you ever were.

Denton: That's what Charlie says? I was good. I was real good. I was so good that once a day someone would ride into town to make me prove it, and every morning I'd start my drinking a few minutes earlier










http://www.tv.com/shows/the-twilight-zone/mr-denton-on-doomsday-12587/trivia/


tv.com


The Twilight Zone Season 1 Episode 3

Mr. Denton on Doomsday

QUOTES


Denton: How much do I owe you?

Fate: Oh, there's no charge for this. You might call this.. just a service. That's what it is. Just a service of Henry J. Fate. Just so you might remember sometime the night Fate stepped in.










http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/SGA_1.07_%22Poisoning_The_Well%22_Transcript


STARGATE WIKI


SGA 1.07 "Poisoning The Well" Transcript


INT—ATLANTIS BRIG

[The Wraith prisoner is inside the cell. Bates stands outside the bars, guarding him. Sheppard arrives.]

SHEPPARD
Anything I should know about, Sergeant?

BATES
No, sir. He's been quiet.

SHEPPARD
He's still trying to make you see things?

BATES
He's given up on that.

SHEPPARD
I didn't think he'd last this long.

[Sheppard approaches the cell.]

WRAITH
Hello again, Major Sheppard.

SHEPPARD
Sorry if I woke you. Just came by to see if there's anything you needed. Magazine, fresh towels…

WRAITH
You hide your fear poorly, Major.










From 3/20/1957 ( premiere US film "Fear Strikes Out" ) To 8/20/2004 ( premiere US TV series episode "Stargate: Atlantis"::"Poisoning the Well" ) is 17320 days

17320 = 8660 + 8660

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 7/19/1989 ( Bill Gates-Microsoft-George Bush kills 111 passengers and crew of United Airlines Flight 232 and destroys the United Airlines Flight 232 aircraft because I was a passenger of United Airlines Flight 232 as United States Navy Petty Officer Second Class Kerry Wayne Burgess and I was assigned to maintain custody of a non-violent offender military prisoner of the United States ) is 8660 days



From 12/25/1991 ( as United States Marine Corps chief warrant officer Kerry Wayne Burgess I was prisoner of war in Croatia ) To 8/20/2004 ( premiere US TV series episode "Stargate: Atlantis"::"Poisoning the Well" ) is 4622 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 6/29/1978 ( Bob Crane killed ) is 4622 days



From 10/16/1959 ( premiere US TV series episode "The Twilight Zone"::"Mr. Denton on Doomsday" ) To 8/3/1998 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - Tom Clancy "Rainbow Six" ) is 14171 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/20/2004 ( premiere US TV series episode "Stargate: Atlantis"::"Poisoning the Well" ) is 14171 days



[ See also: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2013/02/okie-from-de-queen.html ]



http://www.tv.com/shows/stargate-atlantis/poisoning-the-well-325666/


tv.com


Stargate Atlantis Season 1 Episode 7

Poisoning the Well


The team investigates a drug being developed on another world that has the potential to repel the Wraith's feeding on humans.


AIRED: 8/20/04










http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0186314/bio

IMDb


Biography for

Bob Crane

Date of Birth

13 July 1928, Waterbury, Connecticut, USA

Date of Death

29 June 1978, Scottsdale, Arizona, USA (homicide)

Birth Name

Robert Edward Crane


In the early morning hours of June 29, 1978, Bob Crane was brutally murdered in his rented apartment/hotel room. He was beaten to death while he slept, and strangled with an electrical cord.


His murder remains unsolved.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0734592/trivia?tab=qt

IMDb


"Twilight Zone"

Mr. Denton on Doomsday (TV episode 1959)

Quotes


Narrator: [Closing Narration] Mr. Henry Fate, dealer in utensils and pots and pans, liniments and potions. A fanciful little man in a black, frock coat, who can help a man climbing out of a pit - or another man from falling into one. Because, you see, Fate can work that way - in The Twilight Zone.


- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 7:02 PM Pacific Time Seattle USA Friday 21 June 2013