Thursday, July 18, 2013

1990 Mazda RX-7




I always thought the 1990 Mazda RX-7 just looked horribly wrong without the spoiler on the rear of the car.

Something keeps nagging at my mind about whether I did visit Ashdown Arkansas in 1991 while driving my red 1990 Mazda RX-7 car. That just seems to make no sense though. I have absolutely no recollection of driving that car from Greenville South Carolina to Ashdown Arkansas. I can recall driving my 1978 Ford Explorer pickup from Ashdown to Charleston South Carolina in 1985 and how that was the first time I made such a long-distance drive by myself. I remember driving my 1986.5 Nissan XP pickup truck from Illinois to Ashdown and then to Virginia in 1986 for 30-days leave. I guess I should recall driving my Nissan truck from Virginia to Ashdown for another 30-day leave period but I cannot recall that. I recall only that I had two 30-day leave periods and I was visiting their house on Hicks Road - *Guy* - during those time periods. That time after Virginia was before I reported to the USS Wainwright CG 28 in Charleston so that would have been about June or July or both in the year 1987. I know I should remember driving that Nissan pickup truck back to Ashdown during two different trips I made in 1988 after we came back from the Persian Gulf. Those details are vague now and maybe I will recall details later. I published here recently something I read on the internet about human brain memory function as it relates to remembering where you parked your car and of how you don't necessarily now remember where you parked your car every time over the past years.

I have published here a photo I searched for on the internet to illustrate my point in an earlier blog post here. The car I drove was precisely the same as that GXL model featured there. How I loved that car. The retractable sunroof. Power windows. A really neat stereo system. Mine had better aluminum wheels though than the one in the photo.

The car was a two-seater and behind the seats was partition separating the front compartment from the back. Behind the two seats and forward of that partition are two cargo holds similar to an automobile glove box. Those holds are more like buckets than a glove box and those holds are vertical silos while a glove box is horizontal. The holds were covered by sturdy plastic lids and I remember I could store a lot of stuff in there.

Don't you think that only some nutjob, some nutjob who writes on the internet only in all capital letters, would want to drive around with two small girls behind the seats of that car?

I mean, after thinking about it yesterday, Caitlin would have been only about 3 years old at the time in early 1992. Before running the numbers today I would have said that Caitlin was four years old the first time I met her but if I met her that first time in early 1992 then I don’t know what that means. I can still visualize that day in Thedia’s apartment in Ashdown. That first time Caitlin was frightened of me but Kayli was always glad to see me and Caitlin was more open to me the next time I visited. If that first time I was back in Ashdown and after 1990 was in early 1992 then Kayli would have been six years old. If I have the birthdates correct, based on something I wrote in my journal a long time ago then Kayli turned 9 years old in May 1994 and she was 9 years old when I was back in Ashdown for my high school class reunion and for Caitlins birthday party which happened on the same day and in the same park in Ashdown.

So you tell me - Guy - do I have less credibility because I seem to be some spoiled brat who is throwing a temper tantrum now because I am not getting my way now and because my mommy spoiled me when I was a child?

Why would she concoct such a criminal strategy for herself?

I'll tell you precisely why: because that is the concise definition of my biological father, whom I have never met in my working memory. But he was a spoiled brat and he hates his biological mother and he resents her for his life.

I lived many years in a ramshackle trailer house park right next to the drive-in movie theatre and that was on the other side of a field I remember walking among tall stalks of corn. I grew up in De Queen Arkansas and later as an adult I could construe anything from that detail I wanted to.










http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/1990-Mazda-RX-7-Pictures-c5727_pi35758554


CarGurus


1990 Mazda RX-7


http://static.cargurus.com/images/site/2010/04/05/23/02/1990_mazda_rx-7_2_dr_gxl_hatchback-pic-9055315681874002847.jpeg










http://www.conceptcarz.com/view/photo/89155,10195/1990-Mazda-RX-7_photo.aspx


conceptcarz


1990 Mazda RX-7




http://files.conceptcarz.com/img/Mazda/90_Mazda_RX7_GXL_DV_05_BR_001.jpg



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 4:12 PM Pacific Time near Seattle Washington State USA Thursday 18 July 2013