Saturday, July 06, 2013

"Hey! What gives you the right!"




http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/jamestaylor/fireandrain145777.html


JAMES TAYLOR


"Fire And Rain"

Just yesterday morning, they let me know you were gone.
Suzanne, the plans they made put an end to you.
I walked out this morning and I wrote down this song,
I just can't remember who to send it to.
I've seen fire and I've seen rain. I've seen sunny days that I thought would never end.
I've seen lonely times when I could not find a friend, but I always thought that I'd see you again.

Won't you look down upon me, Jesus, You've got to help me make a stand.
You've just got to see me through another day.
My body's aching and my time is at hand and I won't make it any other way.
Oh, I've seen fire and I've seen rain. I've seen sunny days that I thought would never end.
I've seen lonely times when I could not find a friend, but I always thought that I'd see you again.

Been walking my mind to an easy time, my back turned towards the sun.
Lord knows when the cold wind blows it'll turn your head around.
Well, there's hours of time on the telephone line to talk about things to come.
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.

Oh, I've seen fire and I've seen rain. I've seen sunny days that I thought would never end.
I've seen lonely times when I could not find a friend,
but I always thought that I'd see you baby, one more time again, now.

Thought I'd see you one more time again.
There's just a few things coming my way this time around, now.
Thought I'd see you, thought I'd see you, fire and rain, now.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: July 31, 2006


In that 5th grade class in De Queen, Kendra Rogers sat behind me. One day she put a tack in my seat before I sat down. She was laughing later about how I "screamed." I protested that I didn't "scream," that I made some other kind of masculine response, that I can't remember now. I sure did like her.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 31 July 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054443/trivia?tab=qt

IMDb


Village of the Damned (1960)

Quotes


Alan Bernard: People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad.










http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/tesla/signs.html


TESLA


"Signs"

(originally by The Five Man Electrical Band)

And the sign says "Long-haired freaky people need not apply"
So I put my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why
He said you look like a fine outstanding young man, I think you'll do
So I took off my hat, I said "Imagine that, huh, me working for you"

[Chorus:]
Signs, signs, everywhere there's signs
Fuckin' up the scenery, breakin' my mind
Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign

And the sign says "Anybody caught trespassing will be shot on sight"
So I jumped the fence and I yelled at the house
Hey! What gives you the right!
To put up a fence and keep me out, or to keep Mother Nature in
If God was here, he'd tell it to your face, man, you're some kind of sinner

[Chorus]

Oh, say now mister, can't you read
You got to have a shirt and tie to get a seat
You can't watch, no you can't eat, you ain't supposed to be here

And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" - uh!

[Solo]

And the sign says "Everybody welcome, come in, kneel down and pray"
But then they passed around a plate at the end of it all
And I didn't have a penny to pay
So I got me a pen and a paper and I made up my own fuckin' sign
I said, "Thank you Lord for thinking 'bout me, I'm alive and doing fine", oh

[Chorus 2x]

Yes! Some old song, called "Signs Signs", I wish we did write that one, but
We didn't - wow!

Alright










http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/eagles/hotelcalifornia.html


EAGLES


"Hotel California"

On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair
Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air
Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for the night
There she stood in the doorway;
I heard the mission bell
And I was thinking to myself,
"This could be Heaven or this could be Hell"
Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way
There were voices down the corridor,
I thought I heard them say...










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/G/Ghosts_Of_Mars.html


Ghosts Of Mars


Officers, you can disembark here.
What time is departure?
We need at least half an hour to secure our prisoner.
We got about a four-hour turnaround...
and we'll be back at this spot at about 2200.
You can re-board any time after that.
See if you can raise the yard master, will ya?
Ed? Ed, you out there?
Rookies, use your breathers.
We're not gonna have air like Earth for ten more years. Let's go.
- God, I hate this thing. - You'll get used to it.
Two years ago, we were still wearing full-face breathers.
It takes about a month to get over the headaches out here.
So this is Shining Canyon? God, what a dump.
- First time in the boonies, rookie? - Standard layout.
Just another shitty boomtown like all the others.
Seen one, you can go home.
You're always cold, you can't get a decent shower...
and they don't tell you that a one-year contract here...
equals two years' Earth time.
You gotta read the fine print.










http://www.lyricstime.com/crosby-stills-nash-and-young-immigration-man-lyrics.html

lyrics.time


Crosby Stills Nash And Young


Immigration Man


There I was at the immigration scene
Shining and feeling clean
Could it be a sin?
I got stopped by the immigration man
He says he doesn't know if he can
Let me in-let me in-immigration man
Can I cross the line and pray
I can stay another day
Let me in immigration man
I won't toe your line today
I can't see it anyway

There he was with his immigration face
Giving me a paper chase
But the sun was coming
Cos all at once he looked into my space
And stamped a number over my face
And he sent me running
Let me in-let me in-immigration man
Can I cross the line and pray
I can stay another day
Let me in immigration man
I won't toe your line today
I can't see it anyway

Here I am with my immigration form
It's big enough to keep me warm
When a cold wind's coming
So go where you will
So long as you think you can
You'd better watch out-watch out-for the man
Anywhere you're going.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2656658/synopsis

IMDb


Synopsis for

"Under the Dome"

Pilot (2013)


Big Jim commandeers the radio station and tells everyone driving to stop their car.


Linda watches as the army arrives on the other side in hazmat suits.

From a distance, Junior watches Angie bum a cigarette off Barbie and seethes with rage, flipping his folding knife.


Back at town hall, Jim notes he's the only elected official inside the dome. He suggests that as a councilman he has the power to authorize additional policemen. Duke thinks it's a terrible idea. Jim asks if they're going to tell people why they have all the gas.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087363/quotes

IMDb


Gremlins (1984)

Quotes


Murry Futterman, Billy's neighbor: [drunk, looking inside his car] Gremlins...

Murry Futterman, Billy's neighbor: You got-you gotta watch out for them forgeiners cuz they plant gremlins in their machinery.

Murry Futterman, Billy's neighbor: It's the same gremlins that brought down our planes in the big one.

Kate: [laughing] The big one...

Murry Futterman, Billy's neighbor: that's right!



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 12:31 AM Pacific Time near Seattle Washington State USA Saturday 06 July 2013