Wednesday, July 17, 2013

That's Swimming Distance.




I've been trying to remember the visits I made to Ashdown in the early 1990s.

I recall the visit I made during Memorial Day 1990. I remember my Ashdown Class of 1984 high school reunion in August 1994.

So this one time I am thinking of now must have been before that visit in 1994 and after that Memorial Day 1990 visit.

I was driving my red 1990 Mazda RX-7 that time. I have been trying to remember when I bought that car. I had that car when I took out Bobbilynn to see the 1990 film "Kindergarten Cop" at the theatre in Anderson South Carolina. That movie is listed as premiering in December 1990 but I think we must have seen it in early 1991. Can't recall for certain. I might have written she was over at my duplex apartment on Wexford in Taylors South Carolina in January or February 1991. I think I wrote she was over at my place in February but I don't recall if I wrote about which year that was. I think that must have been 1991. I was driving that RX-7 then. I guess I could have bought the car in 1990. Can't recall for certain. I bought it used and I have been thinking I got it in 1991. I traded in that Honda Civic car for it.

So anyway, I was back in Ashdown sometime around then and I guess that was 1991. Could have been 1992 though. I recall that 1992 is when I moved briefly to Memphis Tennessee and was living in an apartment off Winchester in Germantown which is a suburb of Memphis. My office was close fairly close to downtown Memphis and I worked on computer terminals at the St. Jude's hospital which I seem to recall was very near downtown Memphis. I remember my last day working in that office I was playing "Gunship 2000" on a personal computer. That was a sequel to a video game where you flew combat missions in a US Army Apache gunship helicopter. So that was 1992. I remember because my employer, Ketterman's, had a 2-year maintenance contract with First Federal Savings and Loan in Greenville South Carolina. Get it? *GREEN*ville. So the contract expired and First Federal didn't renew and they awarded the maintenance contract to Universal Financial Products in Chicago. I accepted an employment offer from Ketterman's at the Memphis office and moved there. Tracie and I were dating by that time. I drove my RX-7 around Memphis for a while but I could barely afford the payments and I traded it in for a brand new 1992 Plymouth Laser car and that was in 1992. I was there in Memphis for about six weeks and then I accepted an employment offer from UFP and I moved back to Greenville to continue the same job I was working at for two years prior to that and all the bank employees, from the bank president on down to the bank tellers were all very happy that I had come back to fix their machines.

Oh yeah, and another notion I wanted to elaborate on here about the suspected gaps in my conscious memory. I have started thinking in terms of my memory being blocked by passive and active means. The passive block is the security drug. The active block is some kind of hypnosis. My suspicion about the hypnosis is the most troubling because that means I have deliberately false memories. The passive block is something that I am now thinking that I can get around. But the possibility that I have fabricated memories seems impossible to me to overcome. I mean, how can I question reality when my perception of reality is completely false. And then that got me thinking about my renowned atomic-strength sense of humor. I could have fabricated false memories in my mind because of my sense of humor.

So anyway, this memory I am thinking of now happens apparently a few years before Kayli was calling my 9 strikes in the backyard of their house in Ashdown in August 1995 and I guess that was 1991 for this memory I am specifically writing about now.

One day, there in what I think was 1991, I was visiting with Thedia, my surrogate mother, she wanted me to drive over to pick up Kayli and Caitlin and I guess they were in school. The way I remember it now Thedia was supposed to pick them up but she was riding in my RX-7 and she wanted me to drive over and pick up Melissa's daughters and take them home in my RX-7.

Thedia was insistent that I drive over there and pick up those kids and she was insistent there was room for them behind the seats. Thedia didn't want to go back to her house to get her minivan and then drive over to pick the two girls.

My 1990 Mazda RX-7 was a two-seater. I have never mentally classified it in the category of hatchbacks cars but it did have a hatchback and that was essentially the trunk. There was a sturdy fabric wall that separated the front section from the hatchback section. There were only two seats, one for driver and one for passenger and directly behind the two seats are some cargo holds and those are in front of the separator for the rear of the car. I don't recall what they called those holds in marketing terms. They were sort of like two large glove boxes that are covered by lids and that are sort of like boxes that are molded into the structure behind the seats and I could put a lot of stuff in there.

So Thedia was insistent those two girls could ride back there in that area behind the seats.

No way, said I. She was insistent but I refused to give in to her and have those girls riding behind the seats with no seatbelts. As I recall now Thedia drove over there in her minivan and picked them up.

So I guess that was in 1991. Could have been when I was in Memphis though. I know I drove back to visit them in Ashdown when I was living in Memphis. I remember once Thedia was saying they hadn't heard from me in a long time but that could have been after 1992. I remember she was saying she had forgotten about me being in Memphis.

So 1991 or 1992. August 1994 was when I was in that nightclub in Texarkana for my high school reunion and someone pointed out to me a reserved table for Denzil and they told me specifically he was at the lake that night.

My guess is Thedia's angle on the decades criminal conspiracy was to create the perception of me being a spoiled brat. She wanted - needed - to destroy my credibility for some reason, some reason she was over-compensating for over the decades. Her criminal strategy with Melissa was very different, I have been thinking lately.










http://livedash.ark.com/transcript/the_twilight_zone-(walking_distance)/8058/SYFYP/Thursday_December_31_2009/151841/


ark tv


The Twilight Zone - Walking Distance


Martin!
(doorbell ringing) (door opening) Yes?
Yes?
Whom do you want to see?
Pop.
Woman: Who is it, robert?
Mom.
Is that mom?
Who are you?
What do you want?
Who is it?
You're both here.
How canyoube here?
What do you want, young man?
Mom, don't you know me?
I'm martin.
Martin?
Must be a lunatic or something.
You mustn't be frightened.
I grew up here, mom.
!
Hi.
Like it?
Got a rumble seat.
Been a long time since I've seen a rumble seat.
Where you been, mister?
Siberia?



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 10:34 PM Pacific Time near Seattle Washington State USA Wednesday 17 July 2013