Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Charlemagne




http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099810/quotes


The Hunt for Red October (1990) [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]

Quotes


Captain Ramius: Once more, we play our dangerous game, a game of chess against our old adversary - The American Navy.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099810/quotes


The Hunt for Red October (1990) [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]

Quotes


Captain Ramius: There's one thing you haven't yet asked me: why?

Jack Ryan: Well, I thought you would tell me when you felt ready.

Captain Ramius: Well, there are those who believe that we should attack the United States first. Settle everything in one moment. Red October was built for that purpose.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099810/quotes


The Hunt for Red October (1990) [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]

Quotes


Captain Ramius: It reminds me of the heady days of Sputnik and Yuri Gagarin when the world trembled at the sound of our rockets. Now they will tremble again - at the sound of our silence. The order is: engage the silent drive.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 10/19/2006 12:43 PM
I feel as though there are more details trying to surface in my mind about the trip to Saturn. I think the basis of the event is based on some thoughts I was having a few months ago. It was when I was still thinking Mars was in my future instead of actually in my past. I was having thoughts of a problem with my spacecraft and I was not going to make it back to Earth because I was going to run out of oxygen sometime between the time I left Mars to return to Earth. I was thinking that the situation was so hopeless by the time I got to Mars that ground control and I weren’t even talking that much anymore. But on Mars, I figured out how to extract oxygen from the ice and I was able to replenish my tanks. Over the past few days, I keep thinking about that scene from “The Abyss” where he is diving to find that nuclear bomb and disarm it. My thoughts suggest that some micro-meteroids hit my ship, not unlike in “Mission To Mars,” while I was outbound to intercept the comet that threatened the inner planets. I fixed the leak, reminiscent of me helping George Campbell fix a cooling system component of the search radar but which kept leaking for a long time because the welder couldn’t get the hole patched, but I lost a lot of oxygen before I got it fixed. Ground control told me to turn around and they had an alternate plan to try again. I rejected that plan because I was already out there and with that comet getting closer every day, there was no guarantee that a second attempt would fare any better. I might have told them that I was lucky to even have any oxygen left at that point and what if on the second trip, something even worse happens.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 19 October 2006 excerpt ends]










http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Charlemagne


Wikiquote


Charlemagne


Right action is better than knowledge; but in order to do what is right, we must know what is right.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099810/quotes


The Hunt for Red October (1990) [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]

Quotes


Jack Ryan: [in Russian] It is wise to study the ways of ones adversary. Don't you think?

Captain Ramius: [in English] It is.










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/H/Hunt_For_Red_October_CD1.html


Hunt For Red October [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]


How many agents did the KGB put aboard my boat?
Your boat, Captain?
Yes.
This vessel belongs to the people of the Soviet Union.
Besides, if the KGB or the GRU has agents aboard,
I will be the last to know.
I suggest we open our orders, Captain.
Certainly, comrade.
"From commander...
strategic submarine forces
red banner northern fleet".
We're to proceed north to grid square reference 54-90
and rendezvous with alfa submarine Konovalov.
Captain Tupolev's boat.
You know Tupolev?
I know he descends from aristocracy
and that he was your student.
It's rumored he has a special place
in his heart for you.
There's little room in Tupolev's heart for anyone but Tupolev.
Having made contact, we are to run a series of drills.
Tupolev will hunt us while we test our ship.
Having evaluated the operational readiness
of the caterpillar drive










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 7:31 PM FRIDAY, JULY 27, 2007


I also pondered over how she is wearing that silver bracelet and I have on that silver identification band that all the racers wore during the event.


http://www.asiorders.com/view_user_event.asp?EVENTID=3488&ID=8462793&FROM=photos&BIB=878


http://gallery.phoebe-cates.com/v/current/current54.jpg.html


http://gallery.phoebe-cates.com/v/current/current05.jpg.html



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De-Lovely


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 27 July 2007 excerpt ends]










http://www.twilightzonemuseum.com/show/01.php

Twilight Zone Museum


Where is Everybody?

ORIGINALLY BROADCAST AS EPISODE 001, on 2 October 1959


MEMORABLE QUOTATIONS:

FERRIS: I'm terribly sorry, maam. I can assure you that at no time did I mean to be so upsetting. As a matter of fact, I've always had kind of a secret yen for the quiet type. Get what I mean, baby?










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Friday, October 19, 2007 Posted by H.V.O.M at 7:10 PM


She is wearing a blouse that looks just like a comforter I slept under for a lot of these years I have been deployed from home on this assignment.


http://gallery.phoebe-cates.com/v/current/70466003.jpg.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=1


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 19 October 2007 excerpt ends]










http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/t/time-machine-script-transcript-wells.html


The Time Machine


It was disconcerting to see
the sun arc in less than a minute.
To see a snail race by.
Flowers flinging wide their petals
to embrace the day.
The hours speeding across my sundial.
Flowers closing their eyes
for the night.
It was wonderful!
Changes that normally took hours
took seconds.
Dear Mrs. Watchett...
...always able to suggest a tie...
...but never wearing
anything more stylish...
...than what she's worn for years.
Yet I was traveling very slowly.
What if I went faster?
It became intoxicating.
I pushed the lever on
toward even greater speed.
I gained experience with it.
I could stop for a day, an hour,
or even a second to observe.
Then go ahead a year or two.
I was able to see the changing world
in a series of glimpses.
Good heavens. That's a dress?
This was intriguing.
I wondered just how far women
would permit this to go.










1982 film "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" DVD video:


Mr. Hand: Am I hallucinating? What in the hell do you think you're doing?

Jeff Spicoli: Learning about Cuba, and having some food.

Mr. Hand: Mr. Spicoli, you're on dangerous ground. You're causing a major disturbance on my time.





http://www.imdb.com/media/index/rg3303250432

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Beyonce Knowles Sighting In New York City


6 photos



http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1756601088/rg3303250432

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Beyonce Knowles Sighting In New York City

Photo 4 of 6


15 June 2006


Names: Beyoncé Knowles





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 14:24:34 -0700 (PDT)

From: "Kerry Burgess"

Subject: Re: Sleep journal 4/6/06

To: "Kerry Burgess"


Kerry Burgess wrote:

Details about my recent sleep are very fuzzy today. Can't remember for sure when I woke up. 3 am maybe. Or maybe shortly after midnight, can't really remember as I usually can. Remember dreaming something about driving my Jeep. Then I returned to it where it was parked in a parking lot after I was traveling through some passageways, hallways in a transit facility maybe. The only part I remember clearly is where a woman, I assume was my imaginary girlfriend asked me out for drinks or something. I told her we needed to keep it really casual though because all I had to wear was sweatpants. Kind of the downside to dating a homeless person I reflect now as I write this. She told me she would wear something with holes in it. I hope that was her in my dream, although the woman in the dream seemed to be someone unfamilar though. But I have noticed that happening with other people I know. They are represented, somehow, by a different person, but I think of them as someone specific. I feel like that is part of the manipulation. I have noticed something similar in real dreams, but I don't think it is the same here. I think they are disquising themselves in my dream for some reason. Anyway, if it really was her, she actually doesn't have to worry about dressing down if we were to go out. Of course, if I have my way, it would be a moot point because why would I want to go out with her when I am in such an ugly situation? At the minimum, I would want to be back to work so that I have regained some independence. And hey, next time you are in my dreams, dear imaginary girlfriend, how about wearing a bikini? Red would be good, or yellow maybe.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 06 April 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098300/trivia?tab=qt

IMDb


Shag (1989)

Quotes


Buzz: In my opinion, marriage










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/P/Planet_of_the_Apes_1968.html


Planet of the Apes


Even in your lies, some truth slips through.










1982 film "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" DVD video:


Linda Barrett: He works for the airline. You'll meet him.










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/F/Flight_Of_The_Intruder_CD1_1991.html


Flight Of The Intruder


They were here, but now they're gone.
Like a lot people these days.
When you get in your airplane and fly away alone,
sometimes you don't come back.
He wasn't alone.
And he did come back.
I was with him.










http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/pinkfloyd/mother.html


PINK FLOYD


"Mother"


Hush now baby, baby don't you cry
Mama's gonna make all of your
Nightmares come true
Mama's gonna put all of her fears into you
Mama's gonna keep you right here
Under her wing
she won't let you fly but she might let you sing










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098300/trivia?tab=qt

IMDb


Shag (1989)

Quotes


Carson: You are not like anybody I have ever met.

Buzz: Well you are like every girl I've ever met.










http://movie.subtitlr.com/subtitle/show/458933


Night of the Comet (1984)



This is for your step mom, you little punk.

- Ahh! They're here! They're here!



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 10:41 PM Pacific Time near Seattle Washington State USA Wednesday 03 July 2013